The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As mad as I am, this is all wrong. We had an injury crisis and atrocious referee decisions.
It isn't their worst team in 20 years. They've finished in the bottom half before, in the last 10 years if I remember correctly. They had Koulibaly and Fofana at CB who probably cost a combined total more than our net spend in the last 5 years
They were beating us anyway

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
Thats exactly what they did...splash 1 time and then fill with cheap for now...tbh if we had a decent coach mercato look good
we were happy we had adli origi cdk vranckx thiaw..yes we lost kessie romagnoli but attacking/midfield wise we had a big upgrade theoreticly...none of those players are bad or untalented..but pioli is utter trash

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
We play high pressing and direct. Why look at pass completion or possession? Who cares?

- Brk
hit em with the
bret-hitman-hart.gif

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I really think we should have tried something completely different against Lazio, we should have tried to play low and hit them on the counterattack. We're faster than their CBs and they suffer in space, and their attack suffers when there's no space for them to pass around. Pioli decided to challenge them head on and it failed. Being pragmatic, especially when things aren't going well, is a very reliable course of action. It helps steady the ship. He's way too risky and can't see it's failing.
Well, it sure failed yesterday.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
We need to discuss on Romagnoli.

Was he really that bad or did Pioli just expose all his deficiencies and didn’t cover for him because he was tactically inept? How is it possible that Romagnoli looks so good under Sarri and even under Gattuso with us he looked much better?

I’m aware that Lazio play a deeper line with low block and we play a high aggressive line. My question is why can’t we play a deeper line and fit how our experienced CBs actually play? One of our best match this season was when we played Kjaer/Gabbia together because Pioli realised we can’t play an aggressive approach with them. Why can’t he realise that we can’t do that at the moment because our midfield gets overrun, Tata isn’t a sweeper like Maignan and Giroud isn’t your striker that can press.

What’s wrong with playing a bit more conservative football and build our play from the back? More possession oriented? Or sitting deep and countering with Leao? I get playing aggressively Vs small teams but Vs big teams we just leave ourself so open. It worked before because we had Kessie who couldn’t stop running. Maignan was also a great goalkeeper. But we are now so exposed. We should be playing more compact football. Tactics needs to change. You can’t just play one way of football and hope it works.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Was he really that bad or did Pioli just expose all his deficiencies and didn’t cover for him because he was tactically inept? How is it possible that Romagnoli looks so good under Sarri and even under Gattuso with us he looked much better?

I’m aware that Lazio play a deeper line with low block and we play a high aggressive line. My question is why can’t we play a deeper line and fit how our experienced CBs actually play? One of our best match this season was when we played Kjaer/Gabbia together because Pioli realised we can’t play an aggressive approach with them. Why can’t he realise that we can’t do that at the moment because our midfield gets overrun, Tata isn’t a sweeper like Maignan and Giroud isn’t your striker that can press.

What’s wrong with playing a bit more conservative football and build our play from the back? More possession oriented? Or sitting deep and countering with Leao? I get playing aggressively Vs small teams but Vs big teams we just leave ourself so open. It worked before because we had Kessie who couldn’t stop running. Maignan was also a great goalkeeper. But we are now so exposed. We should be playing more compact football. Tactics needs to change. You can’t just play one way of football and hope it works.
Really?

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
The last two years I've seen Pioli make changes, and this year he's been bizarrely stubborn. I'm truly confused as to what is happening with him.

Didn’t he a personal issue this season? I think a close one of his passed away. These things can make you lose focus.

I’m not even sure if this is a good excuse really but I’m trying to think why is Pioli so lost this season.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Longo: Maldini has made it clear that there will be no changes to the proposal for #Zaniolo: a onerous loan with the right of redemption (which becomes an obligation when certain objectives occur). If Roma don't give in now, Milan will try again in the summer

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You don’t agree that we should try to play more conservative football for now?
For years we've been discussing that Pioli is approaching all games in the same way. Crotone at home or Liverpool at Anfield? No difference for the bald genius. The same approach. Teams are destroying us on counters, but no, we won't sit deep, we will press ineffectively no matter how many times the opponent catches us with our pants down.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
In last 3 matches we conceded 9 goals.

Come on, just get your shit together...
Seems imposible. Pioli s blind. He wants some bayern, city play style wihtout quality players. Doesnt adjust to what he have in terms of players.
Every single time we try to build up from gk. When we have chance for quick transition. But nope.
Tonali and benacer cant hold midfield alone. Build attacks, cover defense. Am should help here, but nope. We play 424 with fbs up the field. Plus high line.
Every time opponent overcrowd midfield we re screwed.
And we must hold the possession against anyone. How about give ball to oponent and try to counter?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Romagnoli didn't fit the style, that's ok, Pioli actually makes a lot of players work compared to coaches like Klopp for example, it cannot be 100%.

Pioli played the RB yesterday as mostly stay back semi-RCB, it is not like he didn't change anything. However biggest problem is mental, players need to become sharp and confident again. I am not saying that tactics cannot play a role in getting there again but a Milan in form wouldn't have conceded most of the goals no matter what tactical details.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
things that need to happen for longterm health of club:

- keep moncada
- keep giroud bennacer theo leao maignan cdk kalulu...rest are expendable (tonali tomori watchlist)
- fire massara
- fire pioli
- fire pioli assistant and son
- hire good physio and fitness staf (very high priority)
-replace gabbia pobega calabria (aka invest in our youth...we need trained@club)
- send back diaz dest messias ofc too
- maldini needs some help...moncada is good enough to be a TD so we need a good SD wich maldini sucks at some parts of it and great at others..or he need to improve (either way like congo said this club is literally paolos and we should be thankful...but still he needs improvement)
- keep krunic saele humble versatile soldiers
- stadium asap...
- listen to moncada and be proactive in mercato...make smaller deals but more deals with 1 big injection every so and so (osimhen cost 70 and its worth it)

Stopped reading after this. Fuck you Eddy!

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I'm very proud of the Commode except the known trolls who appear to no one's surprise. Everyone else rather than going into meltdown mode is being rational and critical without going overboard. It's been a good read despite the situation we find ourselves in.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I was always hoping we’d somehow part ways with Pioli in an undramatic and respectable way. This club has risen from its ruins and he’s played a big part in that.

But as I’ve mentioned several times before Pioli has very obvious flaws when it comes to coaching. He is a tactically limited coach, and the fear was always that he and the team would be found out rather than “dominate Serie A for years to come” which was the mantra repeated by Pioli apologists prior to our recent crisis (which is only now showing in the table but which has been apparent on the pitch since the beginning of the season)

If only the club had brought people into the technical staff that could help strengthen the team tactically in areas where Pioli and his staff aren’t strong enough.
If that wasn’t an option I wish we had waited until the end of the season to renew Pioli.
It made absolutely no sense to renew him when we did.
I know Pioli’s contract would’ve run out in the summer, but even at the time of renewal the team was playing like garbage. Pioli was in no danger of leaving as Milan is the biggest club he’s ever managed, the only place he’s won anything and I highly doubt he was on the shortlist of Europes elite clubs. He would’ve seen his contract out and hoped for a renewal. But for some unfathomable reason the management decided to extend his contract midsession when the team was playing like utter trash and it was apparent to everyone that not only had we not built on our Scudetto success, we had regressed.

Not all great coaches are great tacticians, but if they aren’t they usually have players who deliver world class performances consistently. Pioli hasn’t had that luxury. His players have been hot and cold and when the right players were hot we often won and when they were cold we didn’t. Lately they’ve all been cold, so too has Pioli. It’s safe to say that the fire has been properly extinguished.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also what is pioli doing w cdk? Because how’s he meant to regain confidence if he plays one and sits out 2-3?

Wtf do we even expect this kid to improve when his coach always picks Messias and Brahim no matter how out of form. This guys at least got upside and cost us loads

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People wanting Pioli out are crazy. Everybody seem to forogt about our last decade. We are -4p difference from last year. The difference is Napoli are outstanding so far beside last year.
A crysis like this oftenly shows up for every team and after two and a half incredible time its time for ours. We will bounce back i am sure of this.

Forza Milan

Yeah it's all nice with being 2nd and only 4 points behind last season at the same time, but that definitely has nothing to do with our displays in the last 4-8 weeks. And as of today we have no elements in hand that indicade the trend is stopping anytime soon. We're only 1 point from 5th. This is not the time to downplay our problems. They are huge as a building and need to be adressed accordingly.

I really think we should have tried something completely different against Lazio, we should have tried to play low and hit them on the counterattack. We're faster than their CBs and they suffer in space, and their attack suffers when there's no space for them to pass around. Pioli decided to challenge them head on and it failed. Being pragmatic, especially when things aren't going well, is a very reliable course of action. It helps steady the ship. He's way too risky and can't see it's failing.

I think that's what kinda everyone expected, no? Pioli holding dear to his high press and high intensity system in a time where the team since weeks is showing that it hasn't the mental and physical energies to hold it up is killing us. Even yesterday, after the 45 minutes I expected some radical changes in tactics and many new faces on the pitch. But nope, we continued to play the exact same players with the exact same tactic (admittedly, we looked a bit better then than in the rest of the game). How's that even normal? I'm lost on words. The last coach who made me feel so desperate was Gattuso (yeah GP was like a crazy fever dream who was gone almost as fast as he came).

Last edited:

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
I'm very proud of the Commode except the known trolls who appear to no one's surprise. Everyone else rather than going into meltdown mode is being rational and critical without going overboard. It's been a good read despite the situation we find ourselves in.
because we know what happens in 3-5 years anyway.
tom-and-jerry-sleepy.gif

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Many of the pessimists have also been displaying a human side.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Dissociating from the senior team by celebrating our youth!

Christian Comotto, a midfielder who's one of the top scorers of the Milan U15s, scored and was supposedly Italy's best player in an U15 match between Italy and Albania. Camarda played and did well but didn't get a goal.

Striker, winger, and midfielder. Can we just fast forward to the era when this golden generation taking football world by storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule