The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
And the prior few years of mismanagement and not caring by Berlu himself didn't? Weird take :D
I dont exclude that either.. but he should have at least ensured the clubs future with the sale

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Like, Pioli needs to try something. What we are doing is not working in attack and he keeps trotting out the same formation and shit players. You have to try something,

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Like, Pioli needs to try something. What we are doing is not working in attack and he keeps trotting out the same formation and shit players. You have to try something,
Milan has had a shit attack since the end of Feb

Pioli's inability to do anything to address that over this time speaks of his ineptitude as a coach

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Look at krunic man, cool as a cucumber. How can anyone hate this man.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Diaz and Sael are so bad right now there are no words for it. Fucking Ballo-Toure looked better than them in attack tonight.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Scudetto is still within reach. Fuck Inter, I hope you cunts choke away points like Cuckans wife chokes on other mens you-know-whats.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Three points in the bag.

Now let's unpack this Investcorp stuff!

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope we see a 433 going forward

Leao - Rebic - Messias
Kessie - Tonali - Bennacer

I say this as someone who dislikes Messias as much as Salad

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Elliott.. please sell Saele before you sell the club

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I always think about how good Mike looks in every jersey

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The rumors from abroad about the possible acquisition of Milan by the Bahraini fund, Investcorp, do not abate. As also reported by the very important Arab news agency Gulf News , the Bahraini company is allegedly negotiating with Elliott on a basis of 1.1 billion dollars. The support from Mubadala, the sovereign fund of the United Arab Emirates, was emphasized once again.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
L’Équipe report that hedge fund Elliott Management, owners of Milan, indirectly hold power over Lille by being one of the main creditors of Les Dogues owners Melvyn Partners.

They add that UEFA are looking into the situation, given that the two clubs were allowed to both play in the Europa League last season and in the Champions League this year. Article 5 of the competition’s regulations states that one club cannot have a role in the management, administration or sporting activities of another competing team.

In December 2020, the club went from the ownership of Gérard Lopez to that of Elliott, the club’s main creditor, before all of its shares were then sold to Melvyn Partners, a Luxembourg-based investment fund which bought out the club’s debt.

To do this, they created a management company named Callisto Sporting, which now holds all of the club’s debt. Its share capital was increased from €12,000 to €22,000 in April 2021 to allow for the issuing of two new A2 shares, as preferred shares.

On the management committee, these shares allow for a right of veto and are linked to two companies – Birch International I LLC and Birch Associates I LLC, as was initially revealed by journalist Yann Fossurier of France 3. The two companies are registered in Delaware, while their headquarters are registered at an address in Palm Beach, Florida under the name of Elliott Investment Management.

As of now, the nature of Merlyn’s financial activities, its financial base or the sum of its investments is unknown. This led the club’s bank Crédit Mutuel Nord Europe to turn refuse to give the new owners the €50m line of credit it had previously given the club, and has refused to hold the club’s accounts due to the lack of information on the new funds.

L’Équipe add that majority shareholder of Merlyn, Maarten Petermann has has not invested in Lille. Instead, Merlyn is said to be – according to L’Équipe’s sources – a façade for Elliott and its chief Gordon Singer, who retain control of the club via the aforementioned A2 shares in Callisto. These shares, as stated in documents obtained by L’Équipe, give the holders the final decision on any “approval or change in budget” and the decision on expenses over €100,000. They also have a say in the nomination of personnel, including administrators, management, the president, and those in charge of day-to-day management.

Petermann has insisted that Elliott have no formal or informal representation at the club, and is not in a position to influence any decisions. The A2 shares, he says, influence nothing more than the mandate to block the sale of the club. He adds that they have no intention of selling the club and that their involvement is a long-term investment.

The Financial Times reported earlier this afternoon that asset manager Investcorp had entered into exclusive talks with Elliott over a sale of the Rossoneri, who would be valued at more than €1bn.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Scudetto is still within reach. Fuck Inter, I hope you cunts choke away points like Cuckans wife chokes on other mens you-know-whats.
I can see Roma taking points off them

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Maignan is ridiculously good. Like, top 3 in the world good

Kalulu is easily a top 5 player in this squad too. He needs to be one of the first names on the team sheet. Stupidly talented footballer

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Some interesting paragraphes from the FInancial Times about the potential sale:

Asset manager Investcorp is in exclusive talks to acquire Italian football club AC Milan from US hedge fund Elliott Management in a deal that could value the Serie A team at more than €1bn, according to people briefed about the matter.

Mohammed Alardhi, Investcorp’s executive chair, and Hazem Ben-Gacem, co-chief executive of the firm, had been in discussions with top executives of the hedge fund since April 1, said a person with direct knowledge of the matter. Elliott decided to enter exclusive talks with Investcorp in recent days, according to the people. They added that the exclusivity period would end in about two weeks. The hedge fund has been approached by several buyers in recent years but none have led to a transaction. The current discussion could still fall apart or result in a minority stake transaction, people involved in the discussions said.

Investcorp, which was founded in 1982 as a Gulf-based private equity-focused investor and made its name during the 1980s and 1990s by taking stakes in luxury groups Gucci and Tiffany, plans to continue investing in the club and consolidate its position at the highest level of European football, said a person with direct knowledge of the matter.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The rumors from abroad about the possible acquisition of Milan by the Bahraini fund, Investcorp, do not abate. As also reported by the very important Arab news agency Gulf News , the Bahraini company is allegedly negotiating with Elliott on a basis of 1.1 billion dollars. The support from Mubadala, the sovereign fund of the United Arab Emirates, was emphasized once again.
...not gonna lie, I'd love to have City-problems...

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maignan is ridiculously good. Like, top 3 in the world good

Kalulu is easily a top 5 player in this squad too. He needs to be one of the first names on the team sheet. Stupidly talented footballer
Captain's band is cursed

First Capitano lost out to Kjaer-Tomori

Now Calabria to Kalulu

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Might be a bit unpopular, but I want Kalulu as the starting right-back from next season; Kalulu, Tomori, Botman, Theo is a superb defence on paper and should work on the pitch as well.

Calabria will obviously get his minutes too, but Kalulu is too talented to not be starting. Should work on his attacking abilities and it's a no-brainer.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Might be a bit unpopular, but I want Kalulu as the starting right-back from next season; Kalulu, Tomori, Botman, Theo is a superb defence on paper and should work on the pitch as well.

Calabria will obviously get his minutes too, but Kalulu is too talented to not be starting. Should work on his attacking abilities and it's a no-brainer.
I think the key is to have many good players, fighting it out for starting shirts, instead of just having a starting player, and his backup.

I want them to fight it out, or to have different players for different situations, to have different looks, to have different players to beat opponents with different styles and approaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule