The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
As reported this morning by ********** , the American fund interested in the purchase of Milan RedBird Capital Partners would also have two important figures among its shareholders. The first, Billy Beane is an executive of the MLB (professional league of baseball) who allowed the Oakland Athletics team to play at the same level as the battleships of the championship thanks to a massive and particular use of statistics. His story is told in the movie "Moneyball" with protaognist Brad Pitt. The second, Richard Scudamore , former CEO of the Premier League, was among the main architects of the boom in English league revenues over the past decade.
Going from moneyballer to the grandfather of moneyballer

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
FSgkUxcWYAAiiSr
fuck... i hate silvio so much for this

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini

MN - Investcorp Ultimatum to Elliott: confirmations arrive​

Investcorp gave the ultimatum to Elliott on his proposed purchase for Milan. After some checks carried out by our editorial staff, we can confirm what the Gazzetta dello Sport has relaunched regarding the state of irritation of the Bahrain fund regarding the conduct of the negotiation by Elliott and on presenting himself on the scene of Red Bird, which in his once made a purchase proposal worth 1.1 billion euros. The negotiating table is on fire, with Investcorp now wanting a response from the Singer family fund on its 1.2 billion offer for the AC Milan acquisition and, according to what filters, would like it in a relatively short time since it has already made the two. diligence that found no critical issues.

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
People shitting on Birsa even though he actually played great for that banter Milan team. Dude was an underrated baller.

ACMilanello

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure which stream it is, but the secondary Serie a commentator this year is an absolute train wreck. I don’t mind the main guy, but the other guy just mutters nonsense from time to time.

There is also no pregame show, no half time show, and no post game analysis. The replays are slow and awkward. The crowd noise isn’t tuned properly.

And of course, low sat levels.

It’s a crime how poor it is
I think I know which broadcast you're referring to and I agree, it's horrible. Try BT sports with Golazzo on soccerstreams, it's the best english broadcast there is. James Richardson and James Horncastle are gems who know infinite amounts about Serie A, but it's a pretty sedate studio and not really much hype. The commentators are good as well. I don't enjoy Paramount with Bonetti, he overcompensates because he and his family are Milan fans and it's annoying.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

MN - Investcorp Ultimatum to Elliott: confirmations arrive​

Investcorp gave the ultimatum to Elliott on his proposed purchase for Milan. After some checks carried out by our editorial staff, we can confirm what the Gazzetta dello Sport has relaunched regarding the state of irritation of the Bahrain fund regarding the conduct of the negotiation by Elliott and on presenting himself on the scene of Red Bird, which in his once made a purchase proposal worth 1.1 billion euros. The negotiating table is on fire, with Investcorp now wanting a response from the Singer family fund on its 1.2 billion offer for the AC Milan acquisition and, according to what filters, would like it in a relatively short time since it has already made the two. diligence that found no critical issues.

Common knowledge says the seller takes the highest offer. If Elliott is willing to take less money then good for them lol. It's likely BS that Elliott cares what happens after they're gone.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So for todays posts, how about people tell everyone a little bit about how it is being a Milan fan in your given country. How big is the fanbase, and how is it looked upon to be a Milan supporter where you live?

In Norway it's extremely rare to be a fan of an Italian team, but I'm pretty sure that Milan is the most popular team, followed by Jube and Printer. The culture for football in Norway is one of the most anglicanized in the world per capita, I'm willing to bet. It stems from English games being shown in the 80s and 90s and therefore influencing a generation which again raised a generation of PL loving people. Because the Norwegian league is so far from being competitive it's completely normal that most people support their local team and also a Premier League team. There are exceptions like me though, and fans of teams in Spain are also showing up all over the place.

Serie A is a sort of cult thing in Norway, almost no people follow it casually. The few who do are very passionate about it, and it made it possible for me to quickly find an online community of Milan fans. This lead to me travelling alone at 16 with another 16 year old I had never met before IRL, along with his grandmother to watch Milan-Fiorentina in 2006. An adventurous experience.

I have of course recruited my little brother into being a Milanista, but none of my other friends have any interest in the club or Serie A. They look at Italy with disdain and associate it with simulation and of course cheating(Calciopoli).

To underline how cultish the following in Norway is there wasn't even a distributor of the games when this season started. There was no legal way for me to watch the games. But after a grassroot movement worked hard to fix it, one of the largest newspapers acquired the rights and actually show it through their TV solution.

We really need to have a Grande Milan again so that new fans and enthusiasm can grow also here in Norway.

Oh and this November I've persuaded my PL loving friends to have a long weekend in Milan to attend a game and party. I hope I'll be able to take them to a big game at the San Siro so that the atmosphere will really be incredible.
I am going to write longer in honor of Hitch, and all the thoughtful sharing from others that I have enjoyed, but I'm still retired.

I've had the same best friend since I was in preschool. He's Italian. And while he was a Juve fan, he doesn't really care about sports anymore, like we don't talk about football at all lol, but red has always been my favorite color, so anything red was always my first choice. As a 5 year old that meant the red and black team was my team. His family is like my family and while they're all Juve fans, as a kid they bought me my first Milan shirts, bringing them from Italy, no less, so they're wonderful people.

I grew up in international school settings, due to my father's work, so I was always around people from all over, and people loved all sorts of different teams. Milan fans always seemed like the most serious and knew the most. Also tended to be the best players (along with Arsenal fans actually). My coaches were heavily influenced by Sacchi, I played in higher age groups, and so these coaches would expect more from me and talked tactics with me, even as a kid lol. I started out playing in a CDM role and because of Albertini wore the number 4, but then coaches pushed me into being a striker and despite Weah, Bierhoff, and later Sheva, I did not really emulate any of them, and wore 11 even if my Italian coach at the time insisted I should wear 10, did not really see myself in Boban even if I liked him.

In my international schools, no team felt like the most popular, there just seemed to be equal levels of factions. I never met an Inter fan until I was an adult and Juve fans stayed quiet, and since all these factions could only play when the CL was on, that probably fueled my focus on the CL and indifference to domestic competition.

Milan is huge in both of my parents' home regions (different continents, connected cultures), but the HQ of my father's work was in America, and so we would go back between periods abroad. I did my university and graduate work in the US (where my international school experience with fan distribution continued) and work here now. The EPL is the most popular, but I think Serie A is actually pretty popular in the US. I mean, it was here that I met my first Inter fan outside of Italy.

My family is all about sports, but I am the only one who loves football. Everyone liked it, but I was crazy about it. My father would always make sure to have whatever satellite system to ensure I could watch Milan, wherever we were in the world. He watched with me, even if he wasn't some superfan, because he knew how much I loved Milan.

I play a lot, even to this day, so I tend to hang around people connected to the game (either as coaches, former players, etc) and while there are Milan fans, Juve fans, there is one Inter fan, a Lazio fan, Roma fans, and lots of EPL (mostly Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, and Arsenal) and Real fans. Barca fans have went into hiding here, lol. Lots of Barca fans have been reminding me that Milan is their second team all of a sudden. I would say it's 40% EPL, 30% Spanish, 25% Serie A, and 5% Bayern.

Ibra is probably the reason for 85% of those under 20 years old being Milan fans, Ronaldinho is oddly associated with Milan in many young fans minds, and everyone respects Milan for Maldini. Kids who have never watched Maldini still rate him as the best defender of all time, but mostly as a CB, which is weird for me.

Milan is pretty popular here but it is dormant and I can see a surge should Milan make a CL run. But Milan shirts are sold in sports shops, probably the only Serie A kit you can buy in-store. Again, most fans are in the banter malaise, like, my dentist is a fan, randmly, and during my non-league games, we have to bring a white shirt and a dark shirt, there are plenty of Milan shirts (more and more recently) and players are telling me about how they actually grew up rooting for Milan. I then tell them that Milan is back. I am more-or-less a Milan evangelist, lol.

Rafa Leao is popular among hipster young Milan fans, it will be stars that bring fans in, and Maignan, Theo, Tomori, and now Kalulu, are all the players that those who like to be "ahead of the curve" talk about. Honestly, a few CL runs, and there will be a surge here, let alone a win. CL success is what matters most, for a nonEPL team. Barca not challenging for Barca fans here equals banter for them, and until Milan makes a run, casual Milan fans will think the same.

Jesus, I have a sore throat from writing that long. Like an allergic reaction haha.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
1652374261734.jpeg

Next year, we will have Mankind in the squad

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Andy van der Meyde, former Ajax player, spoke exclusively to the microphones of MilanNews.it. Here are the questions and answers:

Andy, what is your opinion on Sven Botman?

"Ajax didn't want him, then he went to France where he showed good things. It must be said that it is not easy to play in the French league. But Sven is very strong and will now go to Milan. For the Rossoneri it is a good acquisition, the performance of recent years has shown Ajax that they were wrong about him. "

Why do you think he failed to make it to Ajax?

"It was difficult for him, as Ajax had a certain De Ligt. Botman, however, from a very young age proved to be an excellent defender. If Milan buys you, it means that you did well, there is a reason. Now he will play in Serie A, which in my opinion remains one of the most difficult and competitive leagues in the world ”.

by Alessandro Schiavone
There are 3 difficult and competitive leagues in the world and Serie A is one of them yea.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Coppa Italia should be the least of our priorities but we should not be doing as dismal as we have over the years. We should atleast be top 3 and not below Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina etc.Screenshot_20220512-223554_Chrome.jpg

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I am going to write longer in honor of Hitch, and all the thoughtful sharing from others that I have enjoyed, but I'm still retired.

I've had the same best friend since I was in preschool. He's Italian. And while he was a Juve fan, he doesn't really care about sports anymore, like we don't talk about football at all lol, but red has always been my favorite color, so anything red was always my first choice. As a 5 year old that meant the red and black team was my team. His family is like my family and while they're all Juve fans, as a kid they bought me my first Milan shirts, bringing them from Italy, no less, so they're wonderful people.

I grew up in international school settings, due to my father's work, so I was always around people from all over, and people loved all sorts of different teams. Milan fans always seemed like the most serious and knew the most. Also tended to be the best players (along with Arsenal fans actually). My coaches were heavily influenced by Sacchi, I played in higher age groups, and so these coaches would expect more from me and talked tactics with me, even as a kid lol. I started out playing in a CDM role and because of Albertini wore the number 4, but then coaches pushed me into being a striker and despite Weah, Bierhoff, and later Sheva, I did not really emulate any of them, and wore 11 even if my Italian coach at the time insisted I should wear 10, did not really see myself in Boban even if I liked him.

In my international schools, no team felt like the most popular, there just seemed to be equal levels of factions. I never met an Inter fan until I was an adult and Juve fans stayed quiet, and since all these factions could only play when the CL was on, that probably fueled my focus on the CL and indifference to domestic competition.

Milan is huge in both of my parents' home regions (different continents, connected cultures), but the HQ of my father's work was in America, and so we would go back between periods abroad. I did my university and graduate work in the US (where my international school experience with fan distribution continued) and work here now. The EPL is the most popular, but I think Serie A is actually pretty popular in the US. I mean, it was here that I met my first Inter fan outside of Italy.

My family is all about sports, but I am the only one who loves football. Everyone liked it, but I was crazy about it. My father would always make sure to have whatever satellite system to ensure I could watch Milan, wherever we were in the world. He watched with me, even if he wasn't some superfan, because he knew how much I loved Milan.

I play a lot, even to this day, so I tend to hang around people connected to the game (either as coaches, former players, etc) and while there are Milan fans, Juve fans, there is one Inter fan, a Lazio fan, Roma fans, and lots of EPL (mostly Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, and Arsenal) and Real fans. Barca fans have went into hiding here, lol. Lots of Barca fans have been reminding me that Milan is their second team all of a sudden. I would say it's 40% EPL, 30% Spanish, 25% Serie A, and 5% Bayern.

Ibra is probably the reason for 85% of those under 20 years old being Milan fans, Ronaldinho is oddly associated with Milan in many young fans minds, and everyone respects Milan for Maldini. Kids who have never watched Maldini still rate him as the best defender of all time, but mostly as a CB, which is weird for me.

Milan is pretty popular here but it is dormant and I can see a surge should Milan make a CL run. But Milan shirts are sold in sports shops, probably the only Serie A kit you can buy in-store. Again, most fans are in the banter malaise, like, my dentist is a fan, randmly, and during my non-league games, we have to bring a white shirt and a dark shirt, there are plenty of Milan shirts (more and more recently) and players are telling me about how they actually grew up rooting for Milan. I then tell them that Milan is back. I am more-or-less a Milan evangelist, lol.

Rafa Leao is popular among hipster young Milan fans, it will be stars that bring fans in, and Maignan, Theo, Tomori, and now Kalulu, are all the players that those who like to be "ahead of the curve" talk about. Honestly, a few CL runs, and there will be a surge here, let alone a win. CL success is what matters most, for a nonEPL team. Barca not challenging for Barca fans here equals banter for them, and until Milan makes a run, casual Milan fans will think the same.

Jesus, I have a sore throat from writing that long. Like an allergic reaction haha.
Great to hear your story Sam. How many languages do you master?

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sam where are you in the US? I too play a ton, several times a week, and live in a statistically good market for the sport amongst other US cities.

Most everyone here is an epl fan, sometimes people just straight up ask “what’s your epl team” rather than your fave team in general. I sometimes see Hispanics wearing Milan shirts, and I met one guy I played with that was a serious Milan fan. A lot of fans look down on serie a, but I think it’s growing and more people know about it lately. Ronaldo to Juve brought more eyes to the league and some have stayed because of how dramatic and exciting it’s been, even with Ronaldo gone.

My Milan fan story kinda sucks lol. I am in my upper 20s so didn’t get fully introduced to watching until the 2006 World Cup. I loved watching Italy even before they won, I chose them in the group stages and particularly loved pirlo and his style of play. Really hate that he of all players drew me to the club lmao. What a shithead in hindsight

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
As long as we can win CLs and Scudetti, I'm perfectly comfortable with not caring about the Coppa Italia.
True but if you look at other top clubs, say Real are no. 1 in terms of leagues and 3rd for Copa del Rey.. Barca are second in terms of league titles, first for Cups, United are first for league, second for Cup..
We should be the gold standard for Italian Clubs and we can't stay this much below Juve for league and cups.. we need to change that in next 10-15 years

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
True but if you look at other top clubs, say Real are no. 1 in terms of leagues and 3rd for Copa del Rey.. Barca are second in terms of league titles, first for Cups, United are first for league, second for Cup..
We should be the gold standard for Italian Clubs and we can't stay this much below Juve for league and cups.. we need to change that in next 10-15 years
IMO we are already gold standard by winning more CLs than rest of Italian fodders combined :o

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
Bakaye Traore, Taye Taiwo, Djamel Mesbah, Michael Agazzi, red card collector Palleta, Caldara, Matri (that’s ‘Tevez’ in an alternate world), Cerci, Bertolacci, Bocchetti tier 1 shit Milan players… worst of the worst. I’m sure I left out some obscure players. :lol:
I’m forever grateful to Elliot for cleaning this almost decade of mess. Picking Maldini was the best thing he ever did.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Where did you live in the US? I saw a good amount of Milan fans in New York. There were some sports bars like Nevada Smith's where many Milan fans used to come to watch games. I was there for the Deportivo semi final games ( 4-1 and then 0-4 :( ). Also many International people in NY used to come play pickup games at the Pier 40 ground.

Also there were a lot of Italian Americans in the Philadelphia, New Jersey area....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule