The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Since everyone is telling origin stories, I’ll throw mine out there. Became a true milan fan the year the banter era started when Ibra and Silva got sold to PSG but really had no idea what had happened. From the US, and as many have said here, calcio is not extremely supported. Played baseball and American football growing up but in college got hooked on FIFA with all my friends. I have Italian heritage on my mom and dad’s side so had to pick an Italian team. My first year watching Milan religiously was the beginning of the banter era in 12-13 but for some reason this team stole my heart. As many have said here, Americans normally pick a team and stick with them and Milan was, and is the team I live and die with. This year has been a dream. Like many of you, I will completely blow off my family functions to watch our beloved rossoneri. I’ve been lurking on this forum since I started following the boys and love this place. I have converted one of my friends into a Milan fan but all my other friends are either Chelsea or ManU fans. I live and die with you my brothers and sisters. I cannot wait for the boys to conquer this challenge and win lo Scudetto. I’m in Nashville with the In-Laws this weekend and have already warned them that Sunday they will see a different side of me. I will be wearing my retro Opel away jersey I bought half way through the season and to be prepared to see me attempt to break their floor cause I will be going back and forth from pacing around to being on my hand and knees slapping the floor when moments get tense. The boys have fought through so much this year they are prepared for this. I’m so nervous but calm at the same time it doesn’t make sense. There is no way they can fail. We will take Gasperini’s squad and properly break them into pieces. I just have a feeling it will happen this weekend. Forza Milan my friends and enjoy this truly special moment.
Fans like you are much better than I am. Well, most fans are, but man, to become a fan during banter times? Love the passion, keep it up man.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The game that made me the most nervous was Verona.
Strangely, despite the stakes, I’ve been calm all week and still am.

There is something about being able to bring in Ibra, Rebic or Florenzi that put me at ease.
I was calm and then I felt bad for being calm, and now I'm stressed lol.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

There is something about being able to bring in Ibra, Rebic or Florenzi that put me at ease.
Reminds me of the beginning of the season when we had by far the deepest and best squad in Italy. A proper squad before half the team was wiped out by injuries.

Were it not for our injuries and the refs literally gifting Inter 6+ points we’d have won the Scudetto by 12 at least.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Leaf my friend, I know you love to play devils advocate but why can’t you just enjoy the ride we are on? I know you want the best for our squad and won’t settle for anything but the best but why can’t you acknowledge the improvements we’ve made? Look at where we were and where we are now. Does that not count? Journey before destination my friend
Ok brother. I'll stop bitching....but only for today and because you are so nice :o

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Nike and Adidas going for 'modern' designs..

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

Same. I was somewhat unsure of Verona, but after looking at the bois mentality I feel a lot better for next match. Padre also came across as very assured in his presser - I think they did everything they can to prepare. Crowd is sold out as well.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Same. I was somewhat unsure of Verona, but after looking at the bois mentality I feel a lot better for next match. Padre also came across as very assured in his presser - I think they did everything they can to prepare.
And trust me THIS SQUAD remembers 5-0 and that fucking ass hole dancing on the touch like the pussy he is. They know they can beat Atalanta, it’s going to be a classic San Siro cauldron that Atalanta walks into.

whiskey

defensiveart
Reaction score
from reliable source

efb48852130814fb8edc55d46b1628d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
theres no way of denying someone who fell in love with milan during the banter era

that said, for a minute, 12/13 season had some magic…

mexes goal to qualify for CL
allegri’s 2H of season run
congo’s we were there now we here on the table post
balo, SES, Niang up front when balo was one of the most polarizing players on the planet

there was some magic there
Thats the first season i started watching all of milan’s matches. Loved that season
We all celebrated that top 3 as if we won the scudetto… only to be rewarded with “allesandro matri”

Banter era truly started in 2013/14

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
You're not wrong.
It's just that you used to be the guy after the top shelf players.
Now you're after Origi and Witsel.
I like Witsel too. Just never thought of you as pro-moneyball
This what i was wondering too yesterday.
Like his standard has fallen so badly in under a year 😭. Now he rates any player that breathes.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score

Dear Klopp,

On behalf of the management,

We'd like to inform that we'll be using the service of Origi as per next season.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Jurgen Klopp dedicated Liverpool's FA Cup win to the neuroscience company that has helped the club improve their penalty shootout record.

The Reds won Saturday's Wembley showpiece against Chelsea 6-5 on spot-kicks after 120 goalless minutes as Kostas Tsimikas struck the winning penalty.

Liverpool beat Chelsea by the same method in February's Carabao Cup Final and Klopp claimed he owes the success to neuro11, a firm based in Germany and co-founded by Dr Niklas Hausler and Patrick Hantschke, which monitors brain activity to optimise player performance.

"We work together with a company, four guys, their name is neuro 11," said Klopp. "They got in contact with us two years ago, I think I was aware of it [then]. One of them is a neuroscientist and he said 'we can train penalty shooting' Really. And I said: 'sounds interesting, come over.'

"German guy, we met. We worked together and this trophy is for them like the Carabao Cup was."

We need to first learn how to not waste set pieces... while these guys are hiring neuros to win shootouts. I hope the new owners will ensure we are second to none in terms of innovation and facilities.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
from reliable source

efb48852130814fb8edc55d46b1628d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cristante is so meh (other than in the air). Besides don't want us help Roma financially, they will be spending again
I'd probably prefer Witsel if he is not too injury-prone because of age
But ideally someone else with potential

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Salihamdzic trying his level best to destroy Bayern from within.. Flick and now Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule