The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Actually Maignan was voted Ligue 1's GK of the year in 2018/19 and won the league in 2020/21 so was a highly rated talent before we signed him.
:lol:You’re offside, as often.

Sure he was great, Won the league, and won ligue 1 GK of the year (TOS with 3 of his teammates), known as a talent.

He still had 1 year left on his contract, and had nowhere near the notoriety he now has, that would make him a super wanted keeper thus also more expensive. also competition, which would drive up the price was not there, as most top team that would look at him were set.

and even performance wise, we all went to youtube to "scout" him when we signed him out of the blue ... to see what we were getting ... his lille higlight swere very good but nowhere near what his Milan highlights are...faaaaar apart.

he took another step up here, a huge one... and that's where the confusion come in, trying to price him based on what he is today.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There is no "if" Ibra retires, the guy practices once a week and plays 20 mins tops. He's done.

Obviously he's going to take over Raiola's agency

Either management moves Rebic to CF full time and brings in another winger or brings in another young talent at CF (Scamacca maybe)
Ibra is like player-coach right now. I wouldn't mind him continuing like that
But his salary needs to be adjusted for this role

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
:lol:my brother, not afraid of it. silly is my middle name.

point is, nobody really knows shit. that's what the post is about, the hard left & right swings of "reports".

not saying he won't sign. saying that nothing is "sealed" as it seems to be accepted as "fact" ... if it's going to happen (if Maldini is still interested) it will be done during the window...and most likely vs competition, logically more competition than in january.
despite popular belief, i don't think we have "that much" of preferential treatment from Lille, maybe a little advantage...but not as much to refuse a 50m from others to accept a 30m from us... they simply did not want to sell in winter.
Maignan's deal could be the best deal of the century, but given the circumstances, the figures were right at the time. i see no preferential treatment.

i'd think the same thing if they said "[insert team name] wants to hijack Sanches deal". Sanches, who i really want here but i just don't buy that those deals are already sealed ... i'm more optimistic on this because he shows he "wants" that move through social media "liking" (even though it's not much indication a move will happen: Vlasic).
I don't know shit, that's for sure.

But all transfer emanates from some kind of source, some right before they happen, some long before they happen. The one actually reporting it can be to-three links away from the actual information, but at some point these predictions based on questionable sources land you a hit. And if you cultivate your method as an insider, you're likely to increase your hit ratio. Take es_grimes for instance, a lot shit talked, but a lot of pretty deep knowledge obviously going on.

At the end of the day it seems we're reduced to creating our own frame of understanding in terms of the rumours. Potent source, check. Not widely reported by other sources, check. Fits our profile, check. Some of these rumors start floating around and may be bullshit, but may give us a pointer to the identikit of the player we're targeting. Maybe it will be on a different deal, maybe this maybe that.

Romano is a serious source, and that is a fucking fact :lol: And he reported Botman for us. Not closed, but when he says there's almost agreement there pretty much always follows a "here we go".

I like your take of not everything being settled because we're constantly evaluating, new performances have come to light etc. But you seem to have an internal crusade with yourself over Botman not really being such a sure thing...? I haven't seen you postulating the same stuff over Renato :lol: Maybe you want him more?

I don't mind being wrong about it, but I think a Botman with Stam seal of approval with complimentary attributes to our other CB and with valuable experience, is a very welcome addition. And I think there's something about him. Like best-CB-in-the-world potential.

With all that said I really love that we so often sign players completely out of the blue, even though it's frustrating as a commoder.

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
So Milan playing at home, again 50% of stadium is ours, at least. I expect 10k Milan fans at stadium.

Next season Milan only serious for scudetto. Inter needs to sell some Important players. Juve is going for age 34+ players. It's ok to have 2-3 older players. And one of them have to be Ibra. Because he is a leader.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ibra is like player-coach right now. I wouldn't mind him continuing like that
But his salary needs to be adjusted for this role
Ofc but he's probably not satisfied with that hence the taking over Raiola's agency noise

And Giroud is going to be 36 next season, can't expect his body to hold up for a full year

I think we will see a CF and RW signing, no AM. Adli, Diaz, Renato, Krunic will have to do

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sassuolo, Fabris: "For Milan in five minutes 100 thousand people requested tickets"
This is a nice show of passion but I wish it was a packed Sass crowd

compare the performances vs Verona to Atalanta...clearly, the side performs with more confidence when there aren't 80k people with expectations watching

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ofc but he's probably not satisfied with that hence the taking over Raiola's agency noise

And Giroud is going to be 36 next season, can't expect his body to hold up for a full year

I think we will see a CF and RW signing, no AM. Adli, Diaz, Renato, Krunic will have to do
what's the difference 35 or 36? he will be able to play his part
there is also Rebic and Lazetic may stay, or maybe they even promote Nasti
we will be covered
better address RW and CAM

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

His body will hold up just fine.....now his ability, different story altogether

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
:lol:You’re offside, as often.

Sure he was great, Won the league, and won ligue 1 GK of the year (TOS with 3 of his teammates), known as a talent.

He still had 1 year left on his contract, and had nowhere near the notoriety he now has, that would make him a super wanted keeper thus also more expensive. also competition, which would drive up the price was not there, as most top team that would look at him were set.

and even performance wise, we all went to youtube to "scout" him when we signed him out of the blue ... to see what we were getting ... his lille rhiglight swere very good but nowhere near what his Milan highlights are...faaaaar apart.

he took another step up here, a huge one... and that's where the confusion come in, trying to price him based on what he is today.
Lol no bruh you're just waffling and backtracking as per usual! :lol:

You started off by proclaiming that Maignan 'never stood out' to anyone besides MMM at Lille when in reality he had already won the league and GK of the year in two separate seasons BEFORE we showed serious interest.

I'm all for praising MMM's scouting abilities and signing Maignan for 13m was great business but let's not pretend that it was another Kalulu type transfer when in reality Maignan was a well established talent on the brink of breaking out.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I don't know shit, that's for sure.

But all transfer emanates from some kind of source, some right before they happen, some long before they happen. The one actually reporting it can be to-three links away from the actual information, but at some point these predictions based on questionable sources land you a hit. And if you cultivate your method as an insider, you're likely to increase your hit ratio. Take es_grimes for instance, a lot shit talked, but a lot of pretty deep knowledge obviously going on.

At the end of the day it seems we're reduced to creating our own frame of understanding in terms of the rumours. Potent source, check. Not widely reported by other sources, check. Fits our profile, check. Some of these rumors start floating around and may be bullshit, but may give us a pointer to the identikit of the player we're targeting. Maybe it will be on a different deal, maybe this maybe that.

Romano is a serious source, and that is a fucking fact :lol: And he reported Botman for us. Not closed, but when he says there's almost agreement there pretty much always follows a "here we go".

I like your take of not everything being settled because we're constantly evaluating, new performances have come to light etc. But you seem to have an internal crusade with yourself over Botman not really being such a sure thing...? I haven't seen you postulating the same stuff over Renato :lol: Maybe you want him more?

I don't mind being wrong about it, but I think a Botman with Stam seal of approval with complimentary attributes to our other CB and with valuable experience, is a very welcome addition. And I think there's something about him. Like best-CB-in-the-world potential.

With all that said I really love that we so often sign players completely out of the blue, even though it's frustrating as a commoder.
got you.
what we can conclude is, we don't know shit.
at the end of the market we can end up with all those reported name or none of them at all :lol:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Lol no bruh you're just waffling and backtracking as per usual! :lol:

You started off by proclaiming that Maignan 'never stood out' to anyone besides MMM at Lille when in reality he had already won the league and GK of the year in two separate seasons BEFORE we showed serious interest.

I'm all for praising MMM's scouting abilities and signing Maignan for 13m was great business but let's not pretend that it was another Kalulu type transfer when in reality Maignan was a well established talent on the brink of breaking out.
as always

bandeirinha-sport-vs-vitoria.gif

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

First Real Madrid's weird photo, now this. Looks like the new S Club 7.

I hope we make something cool.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His body will hold up just fine.....now his ability, different story altogether
I don't know man there comes a point where everyone's body falters

I would be worried if Milan into next season with just Origi and Giroud as striking options, I know you can throw Rebic in there but then there's no one to rotate with Leao on a routine basis

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
If Ibra retires, Origi will replace him and It's irrelevant how many minutes Origi played in liverpool
Adding 2 more forwards will throw the team off balance.
Forwards need to play regularly, can't rotate them as midfielders. Excess here is just as bad as shortage
It's all about balance, it's our strength right now
Lol so if Ibra retires do you really think that we'll be heading into the new season with just Giroud, Origi + Lazetic up front when we want to defend the Scudetto and progress further in the CL? Giroud will be 36yo so who knows if he manages to last another season whereas Lazetic's body has already broken down plus he has zero experience. That leaves Origi who has played the equivalent of just 6 full matches in each of the past two seasons to lead the attack in a new league which seems far too risky.

Therefore, IMO Paolo will look to sign another forward who can actually make a difference be it Belotti or Scamacca IF Ibra retires.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I would be worried if Milan into next season with just Origi and Giroud as striking options, I know you can throw Rebic in there but then there's no one to rotate with Leao on a routine basis
I think Giroud has played more minutes this season than he really should at his age.

I'm actually warming up to the idea of Belotti in addition to Origi, but Giroud for his faults is holding up pretty damn well physically. He runs like crazy every game still.

My issue with Giroud is the fucking flicks. They hurt my eyes vs Atalanta. He's so terrible in possession, but I love his spirit and his knack for scoring big goals. If we sign Belotti as well there might not be enough games to go around, but if Girouds body falls together at least we have depth.

But there's always Rebic.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Holy shit brother @ROSSONERI7 .

I just noticed your sig again. That was early ;)

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Giroud has played more minutes this season than he really should at his age.

I'm actually warming up to the idea of Belotti in addition to Origi, but Giroud for his faults is holding up pretty damn well physically. He runs like crazy every game still.

My issue with Giroud is the fucking flicks. They hurt my eyes vs Atalanta. He's so terrible in possession, but I love his spirit and his knack for scoring big goals. If we sign Belotti as well there might not be enough games to go around, but if Girouds body falls together at least we have depth.

But there's always Rebic.
That's not a good thing lol, I know he has played too much for his age...eventually all that comes to an end and a heavy burden speeds it up

Belotti is shit, I'd rather move Rebic to CF and bring in another young winger to rotate with Leao

There's no question the side looks better with a Rebic type CF in attack, which is why I'm so excited for Origi. I don't know why management/Pioli refuses to accept that

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Next year we definitely will want to get to atleast QF of CL. For that, we need atleast 3 ST for 1 role. Lazetic and Nasti are reportedly going on loan. Giroud and Origi will be the only 2 strikers as of now. Pretty sure there is room for one more. I know many are counting on Rebic as an option but given his injury history, it is risky to think he will provide cover for 2 positions. Leao needs to be protected. So if Rebic stays, he will most probably play 20-30 mins as Leao substitute every game or 1 full game in every 3 matches. Origi will also get minutes as LW or RW and will not be permabenched as in Liverpool. We still need a 3rd striker.
May be it is Scamacca or may be it is Jesus who will play RW or ST. May be they will sign Lang/Traore for LW and keep Rebic as 3rd ST.
But definitely there should be 3 fit strikers.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

He is already finished as a player - he is still fit (which is why I said body) but he is unable to free himself and convert chances despite his willing efforts.

We should move on from both him and Ibra but Giroud will most likely be here because of the contract.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Origi to come in for Liverpool apparently, my friend (Liverpool fan) texted me.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Future Milan champion Origi coming on for Liverpool in a title-deciding fixture

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
My issue with Giroud is the fucking flicks. They hurt my eyes vs Atalanta. He's so terrible in possession, but I love his spirit and his knack for scoring big goals.
I think Giroud is trying to do this every time he gets the ball :D

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Just saw Theo`s goal for the 132132113135th time and just realised Krunic asking for a sub after that tackle haha

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Origi comes in - Liverpool scores

Coincidence??

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I want D. Nunez. Origi can cover when needed in 3 positions and Giroud will score his 10 goals again. With Nunez and good RW no noe can stop thus team in serie a. It will be a demolition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule