The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dybala is the best low budget solution available IF we don't have funds to sign the likes of Olmo, Nkunku or De Ketelaere. Also, even though he's not the hardest worker, he's Serie A proven and guarantees goals/assists and opportunities and you only need to look at the recent Coppa Italia final to see how he created something out of nothing several times.

Re Berardi, his lack of speed is massively exaggerated but hasn't stopped him from registering 3 seasons in a row of double digit figures in Serie A plus he's been our bogey man for years. Also, I don't know where you get the impression that he's not a hard worker as according to Whoscored he has double/triple the number of tackles, interceptions and clearances than Leao in ADDITION to averaging a goal/assist a GAME this season.

Also, there's more chance of Scamacca thriving if we sign Berardi too who's his chief supplier at Sassuolo and knows him inside out.
Kojak, I love your passion for this team, but lol, I disagree with nearly every opinion you have, haha, I'm sorry, I just fundamentally disagree.

This team is based on hard work. Berardi is slow. He is expensive. And he's not what we look for. If he comes, I pray he proves me wrong but he doesn't fit.

Dybala made good passes? Great. Adli does too. I don't need to pay Dybala 7m to be a passenger. Hes not good enough to be one. Leao is.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Our revenue was absolute shit for years it’s only recently caught up, and our squad cost wasn’t always this low. Each season it’s dropped significantly, at one point it was one of the highest in Serie A even as we languished in mid table. Now revenues are rising as well as costs dropping, and I think they’re finally projecting a chance for profit next season. This year it’s going to be closer to -40m, maybe less if we win.

This twitter thread does a great job explaining last seasons budget deficit and why it was still so big. It's getting better, though, and in fact Elliott has stopped injecting capital all together. We're almost self sufficient, which in football outside PL and especially in Italy, is very rare.

Good thread. So, I Iike Investcorp goal of being top 10 in revenue. As of today that would be 400-450m range alongside clubs like ladri and Tottenham. This level of revenue will allow us to keep wages, fees and amortization below 70% (new proposed uefa rule is wages + fees below this mark), while still having some room to pay competitive wages (ie higher than what we pay today).

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We don't HAVE to loan out Pobega...it's just an option to sweeten the deal although his playing time might be limited next season with Renato, Benny, Adli + Tonali all ahead of him so he's probably better off leaving on loan at this critical point in his career.
He will most likely inherit Baka´s spot, which imo isn't bad at this point of his career and for the way we play it will also be an upgrade for us. To me Sassuolo would feel more like a sidewards move.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've said it a few times, we aren't Bologna..your expectations aren't fitting what we should demand. Even if we only finished top 4, we cannot be satisfied or expect a guy from a relegation team in France to immediately be able to walk into our squad. There's a higher chance of him having an average to weak season than one where he matches the goals/assists we'd expect. That being said, I want to see him develop and giving opportunities in favourable situations. (where he has the best chance of doing well, with less pressure).

Just to add, if he was as amazing as you think, Bordeaux wouldn't have left him riding the bench in the crucial end to the season.

My point isn't that he's young and therefore has to be back up. It's that he has to prove that he's worthy of our trust to be counted on. His numbers aren't good even in a weaker league..so how can I expect he will push on? He may. But I like some sort of assurances. If he impresses in his first season, sure then he can be counted on. I'd start Krunic ahead of him, until he proves he's better.
Adli was in the Ligue 1 team of the season last year. Bordeaux is a dumpster fire this year.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Wtf you on about?

How does that change from the fact that what a piss poor record Giroud has had in front of goal?. Heck, if anything, we would have wrapped up the Scudetto much earlier had we had a more competent forward infront of goal.
Oh great, hypotheticals, you're really solidifying your argument about how terrible a signing Giroud was. Well done.

P.S. Highest point total and position in a decade.

Try being happy?

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
According to Corriere della Sera (via SempreMilan.it), the requests of Leao agent Jorge Mendes have risen and the €4.5m net per season on the table – which did not get the approval of the player and his entourage – will not be enough.

Mendes is asking for a sum comparable to that currently received by Zlatan Ibrahimovic which is around €6m net per season.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A new name has emerged as a target for AC Milan’s attacking department in Bologna forward Marko Arnautovic :lol:

tbf he looked decent against us and inter but he is one of those who won’t click at a big club and is a better fit for mid table

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to Corriere della Sera (via SempreMilan.it), the requests of Leao agent Jorge Mendes have risen and the €4.5m net per season on the table – which did not get the approval of the player and his entourage – will not be enough.

Mendes is asking for a sum comparable to that currently received by Zlatan Ibrahimovic which is around €6m net per season.

Not surprising, he's doing exceptionally well and wants to get paid what he's worth.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A new name has emerged as a target for AC Milan’s attacking department in Bologna forward Marko Arnautovic :lol:

tbf he looked decent against us and inter but he is one of those who won’t click at a big club and is a better fit for mid table
I hate him with every fiber of my being. He should never come here. He's a dollar store Ibra, without the talent.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From a Liverpool fan on Reddit:
I re-read this to remove the hate from my heart and prepare to welcome...

oprah-inhale.gif

...Origi

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
On the forum we have at least one openly homosexual person.
Probably a lot in the closet.
I have family members and friends that homosexual but they don't show any interest toward sports. I'm from indonesia, outside jakarta you can hardly find anyone from LGBT community

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Arnautovic matured a lot after his daughter was born, his problems were largely at a young age. I don't think that would be a problem.
His technical ability and also his athleticism are definite strongpoints, i just think it is a bit too late in his career

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giovanni Simeone, the Verona forward, spoke to the Gazzetta dello Sport about the championship fight like this: "It's not over yet but I think so. Both Inter and Milan impressed me. To be honest, I suffered a lot on the pitch. more against Inter, it's hard to play against them. But Milan deserves it because, apart from the quality of their football, they have something else, I don't know how to explain it, let's say a different energy, which Inter don't have. "

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Di Marzio confirming Bernardeschi won't be renewing with Juve. Would you take him for free? I'm sure he probably won't be making what he currently does.
If he gives a fuck sure, on a performance oriented contract and after a screening by Maldini.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Watching YT hightlights of Fratessi, he appears to have a trait we lack, a midfield who can carry the ball from our half into the final third. There may be better options out there but every team needs a player with such traits.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Di Marzio confirming Bernardeschi won't be renewing with Juve. Would you take him for free? I'm sure he probably won't be making what he currently does.
He works really hard, and as a backup, in the Samu role, because he's Italian, it would help. Depends on the wages. 4m? No. 2m? Why not.

He has talent, he just doesn't put it all together. Also, if he came here, serious work needs to be done to his style choices.

We need a real boss RW though.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I'm not Giroud's biggest fan, but for a backup striker, he's been immense this year. Clutch.
Who has he been backup to? With Ibra and Rebic out all season, he's been the only real striker we have. He may have come in as a backup but he hardly is one. He's been the main man.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He works really hard, and as a backup, in the Samu role, because he's Italian, it would help. Depends on the wages. 4m? No. 2m? Why not.

He has talent, he just doesn't put it all together. Also, if he came here, serious work needs to be done to his style choices.

We need a real boss RW though.
Agree with you, Sam. To me he is just to wasteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule