leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
The attack was dogshit last season but yeah

a midfielder was the bigger need

giphy.gif
So you're saying that he's a forward then?
Ok....why bother with Origi?

For me, RW was always the problem last season.
Giroud was serviceable and iBra played when he could.

So the solution is to .....bring in a striker who doesn't score double digits and another from a lower league who isn't sure he's a striker?

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Really can’t wait to see this evolving. Will be one hell of an upgrade to our central and right side threat. Origi is also really smart at pulling defenders out of shape, and my hope is that he and CDK will work together to do they and find space, while that threat on the right opens up room for Leao and Theo to breathe.

So basically my thought is that we will attack with Leao and Theo on the left, and Origi and CDK on the right, and Adli in the middle tying it all together. Origi would be asked to drift mostly to the right side so as to not are on Leao/Theos toes, and that would allow Calabria to stay conservative while still giving us options on the right.
At what minute Origi will score ?

Levi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kakà, Nesta, Rui Costa, Gattuso.
People need to realise that Adli is the perfect AM for Pioli’s style and that CDK will play on the right.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Well, we did lose Kessie. Nobody we have fulfills that role. Can Pobega fulfill that role? I doubt it. Do we want to rely on Bakayoko? No. Krunic (pbuh)? Yes (but no really, different type of player). Maybe @leaf's fantasy is that Renato plays RW and CM at the same time?
Didn't Seedorf do a lot of CM-ing and Wingering too? isn't that the point

And if you're mad about Renato having two duties on the right...why the FUCK would you buy a CB/RW/CAM/CF?

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So you're saying that he's a forward then?
Ok....why bother with Origi?

For me, RW was always the problem last season.
Giroud was serviceable and iBra played when he could.

So the solution is to .....bring in a striker who doesn't score double digits and another from a lower league who isn't sure he's a striker?
Yes he is a forward

I agree RW was the issue and we're in luck because he will likely play RW

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The tactical blueprint Adli will follow is Krunic at the end of last season. A mix of 10 and third CM, create numerical advantage on the wings, make late runs to the box, etc. Adli will see much more of the ball cause he's more of a ball player than Krunic but he will not be as much of a focal point as Hakan was.
Hakan much more of a ball hog and always released the ball too late. Adli has the opposite problem. It’s not really a ‘problem’ but the players around him need to get used to it. So far, it seems at times they get surprised when he makes the pass. Like they’re thinking ‘oh, we’re allowed to play this fast and unpredictable?’

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
The time wasting on the Maldini & Massara renewals while PSG hired Campos and Galtier in the meantime cost them Sanches. If PSG didn't hire them he would probably be at Milan right now. O well.
You think that was the problem? Not the high demands from mendes that put the deal off.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Seedorf was Kessie’s daddy in durability even pirlo started 25+ games for 20 years. Renato is not that man.

So need durable Mid?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you asked me (thankfully nobody does :proud: ) we needed Sanches more than CDK.
Sanches is a right midfielder....and can attack like a RW.
CDK is a ? advanced deep lying- center right playmaking forwardback :conf:

This is not minimizing his quality...but we just payed nearly 40M for a player with no defined position or role.
This wasn't as much of a necessity as a RW/RM

CAM? We have Adli and Brahim and often iBra

CF? We have Giroud, Origi and Lazetic ...all mediocre players honestly but is CDK a better striker than them?
RW? Sure......but this is again more HOPE than data. Messias has been doing well in the last few friendlies...
He (sort of) fits the bill. He's fast and can chip in a goal or two. I'm not convinced (of course this is all very early)
that CDK is a Massive Upgrade over him.

But there is a big hole in right midfield that has gotten larger since Kessie's departure.

Forget about positions and their traditional roles. Think of all the different attributes that Pioli wants in his attackers. CDK fits those like a glove. We will adapt tactically (I don’t think there’s that much adaptation needed) to make sure we maximize his qualities when he plays on the right. He will rotate positionally with Adli and Origi, he can get on the end of Theo and Leao crosses at the far post, he can cut inside and shoot with his left. He can’t really run outside and beat his man like a traditional winger, but we don’t play that way.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Semi agree we lost starting cm that could play 100 games abd you replaved him with pobega
Starting cm who played like shit until the last two months.

If it wasn’t for his sub during the derby we would have lost the league.

Kessie last year was very similar to kessie under Montella/Gattuso. Nothing will be missed even if we replace him with none.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Please
This guy is straight fodder. 27, and hasn’t even been called up to the national team or played for a big club.

If these are the alternatives I’d rather start Messias and move Adli deeper
Please stop commenting on players you do not know.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Didn't Seedorf do a lot of CM-ing and Wingering too? isn't that the point

And if you're mad about Renato having two duties on the right...why the FUCK would you buy a CB/RW/CAM/CF?
LB/RW/CAM/CF.
Know your facts.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
There were these 2 pictures a few days ago where in one Pioli seemed to be instructing the wingers (Rafa, Alexis, Messias, and Rebic) and on the other he seemed to be talking to the AMs (Adli, Diaz).

7002A855-EFAF-4FD5-B2C9-67BA6DFCAA19.jpeg
0CCBA446-A143-4396-A818-05A9AF4CFEF6.jpeg
all i could think about if CDK was there we would have a good indication, it's not guaranteed to get that same picture again once he arrives....and today BAM!

it appears the be the wingers around Pioli

B80FEC58-35B9-4BD8-998B-CF97ED4E2BF2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule