Would you sell Leao?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Caught up again after taking a couple days off.

Seems like the general sentiment is that MMM are grossly incompetent and squandered what little funds we have to buy a player we do not really need while ignoring problems that are glaringly obvious to everyone else. Pioli is also a fool because he puts too much faith on worthless players. Clearly we are making the same mistakes as last mercato, mistakes that lead us to ruin scudetto.

Really?

You would think fans by now would have a little faith in MMM and Pioli. Maybe, just maybe, they know what they are doing.
Maybe you had the filter set to only read @patosheva, @Wild, and @Qaas posts because other than them, everyone else I think is pretty happy with what is happening so far as long as we sign another couple players. (CM, CB, maybe RW).

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Maybe you had the filter set to only read @patosheva, @Wild, and @Qaas posts because other than them, everyone else I think is pretty happy with what is happening so far as long as we sign another couple players. (CM, CB, maybe RW).
I have a lot of sins & shit i say so there is no need to fabricate some just to feel secure about your fandom.
This mercato is amazing as soon as we upgrade our RW because Adli for me is already our AM upgrade.
Dont be a bitch , bitch.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hahaha they are creative I'll give'em that. I always liked Roma kit though, they always nice retro feel.
Whats creative about it ?
This suppose to be badass navy seal kinda shit so him ending up coming from a tiny ass pool was laughable :lol:

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I think Adli solved the CAM problem, personally. I've been saying that since we got him last summer and started watching him. If we switch to a 433, he would be our Modric. I don’t think he plays like Zidane, Modric is the perfect comparison for him.

I agree that RW is a huge issue, that's why I thought that CDK will come in to do RW stuff for us. Ziyech would be a great option.

CDK is a player I am not thrilled about, but I was wrong about Kjaer, and I'm happy to be wrong about CDK.

CDK as our false 9, with someone else as our RW makes sense to me, and I'm sure he can be a CAM and do all sorts of stuff.

If we don't get a RW, maybe the management don't agree with us that it is a problem? I wouldn't share that opinion with them, but that could be a possibility? Maybe they're waiting for someone else? I dunno, honestly.

For me, CM and CB are bigger priorities due to lack of depth there, maybe that's why I'm not as worried about RW as I am about those two spots?

I disagree with this assumption based evaluation of Adli.
Just because he can pick medium-long range passes doesn’t means he is not good in more smaller spaces closer to goal. And I have seen a lot of it on Twitter. He can do it both.
Even in this preseason it was on display. That beautiful threaded pass to Theo in the box, assist to Rebic, and many short interchanges at the edge of the a box.

And besides, that’s why he is the perfect AM. that’s exactly what we needed at There. a player with a bigger footprint on the game, who really connect the the back to the front as. Helps defensively, supplies the attack, distributes well (and you also need a long game for that.. As opposed to what some call “classic 10” who sit behind the strikers.
I believe they’re an endangered species. I can’t think of 1 doing well right now… in this Dynamic football era, no passengers allowed.
That’s what 10+10 was. also the same profile as Vlasic. Then Adli was signed when Vlasic did it happen.

Personally I think that Adli is more of a CM than an AM. I think, as I mentioned some weeks ago, that he's best suited to a (flat) three man midfield. I see him as an all-round midfielder who excels in passing and movement off the ball, but who can also put pressure on opponents. I think this assessment comes pretty close to @Samaldinho's vision. However, we play with a double pivot and an AM, so Adli will have to adjust. I agree that he can play both AM and CM, but I think that de Ketelaere suits the AM position better. De Ketelaere is much more attacking oriented and to me he looks better in close spaces. I also see de Ketelaere as a goal scorer and he would benefit most from playing close to the striker. Why would we spend nearly 35 million for a player and subsequently not play him in a position where he's best suited? That just doesn't make sense to me. To me de Ketelaere is an AM that has the potential to become a false nine.

@ROSSONERI7 I don't think that the two midfielders in the double pivot have the same role. It's not like having two DM's and one AM that has all the freedom to roam. It's much more fluid than that. I don't see Adli as a DM, but I think he can play next to a midfielder that is defensively more capable like Tonali or Pobega. Kessie was important in the defensive phase, but he also limited us in the attacking phase. I think we have a chance to build a midfield that is more dynamic and based on a passing game.

@brk made a good point though and mentioned that Pioli wants to add another midfielder. If so, that probably means that de Ketelaere will either have to fight it out with Adli or he will play from the right. De Ketelaere also mentioned in an interview that Pioli sees him as a trequartista. To me that suggests that nothing is set in stone yet. We will have to wait and see how things develop.

We all have different views and that's what makes the commode interesting in the first place.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
You are right about most of what you are saying.
However what make you think CDK is reedier than Adli?

I think de Ketelaere has a bit more experience at the highest level, because he has played against tough opposition in the Champions League. I don't think he's much more ready than Adli, but you're buying a starter when you cough up nearly 35 million.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think de Ketelaere has a bit more experience at the highest level, because he has played against tough opposition in the Champions League. I don't think he's much more ready than Adli, but you're buying a starter when you cough up nearly 35 million.
Unless he is our 35mil RW starter..... hopefully.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I have a lot of sins & shit i say so there is no need to fabricate some just to feel secure about your fandom.
This mercato is amazing as soon as we upgrade our RW because Adli for me is already our AM upgrade.
Dont be a bitch , bitch.
Bitching about RW when we have CDK, Messias, and Saele. Messias will surprise you. Saele can't do worse than last season. We'd all love Ziyech but if we have these options, I can say the majority of people (non-bitches) on the this forum will be satisfied so long as we get another CM and CB. Without those latter two, it wouldn't be "amazing", since they are needed.

Bitch.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Pioli looking as though he'll save Adli for the 2nd half, to pair up with CDK when he comes on.

Unless something changes today, we're gonna catch a small glimpse of what they'll look like when they (eventually) start together.

Last edited:

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
i love adli, ive scouted him before he was a target.... but CDK is absolutely more ready, more polished and shown it on bigger stages.

but it's irrelevent, really, as both will be megastuds sooner than later.

For what it's worth, he's also more used to play for a team that fights for the top spot even though the French league is on a higher level than the Belgian league.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bitching about RW when we have CDK, Messias, and Saele. Messias will surprise you. Saele can't do worse than last season. We'd all love Ziyech but if we have these options, I can say the majority of people (non-bitches) on the this forum will be satisfied so long as we get another CM and CB. Without those latter two, it wouldn't be "amazing", since they are needed.

Bitch.
If CDK is our RW then this is our RW.
Its what i said several times & that i will rate our mercato when the dust is settled.
You obviously have comprehending issues.
English bitch , do you speak it ?

Last edited:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i love adli, ive scouted him before he was a target.... but CDK is absolutely more ready, more polished and shown it on bigger stages.

Adli is a better AM than CDK who for me is a SS.
Being ready got nothing to do with the argument.
A readier SS doesnt mean he can be a better AM than a rookie AM in that position.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fit and in their prime:

GK - Abbiati instead of Tata
Defenders: Yepes, Antonelli as BU LB. Abate if we wouldn't have 3 RBs, prime Abate vs Florenzi can probably also be argued against Florenzi but a though one.
Midfielders: Bonaventura instead of Diaz, Monto instead of Baka
Attackers - Deulofeu, Ocampos
Diaz doesn’t sound so bad all of a sudden

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yepes came in the season we finished second. I think it's a bit unfair to include players who were brought in before the banter era began.

Abbiati for one was our league winning keeper in 2011, he did stick around until like 2016 but I don't think he should count as banter era, same as Antonini.
Tbh he did say Antonelli, who was indeed here when we were full on banter mode

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
According to some, 2013-2016 wasn't banter mode 😂 just cause we played that one CL .. hilarious. The only anti banter thing was seeing Kaka in Milan shirt again. I have better memories from that montella season, than that craplegri pippo shitshow. It was GP level garbage

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

6p3g6p.jpg

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish

Nice city and stadium they have there in Marseille. Btw whenever I see Niang, I always think of that missed shot against Barcelona. I thought he’s gonna be our star player.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For what it's worth, he's also more used to play for a team that fights for the top spot even though the French league is on a higher level than the Belgian league.
Again, this was an important point Estevao made too. The context of whether they player plays in a possession dominant team or not makes a big difference.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I feel like Donnarumma and to some extent, Romagnoli, really damaged the reputation that Italian players had for being blindly loyal to their clubs.

A massive shoutout to Tommaso Pobega and all the very best for the next 5 years of our journey together.

Signed, sealed and delivered with no questions asked
Such loyalty :proud:

Pobega's interview up on the milan offical app showed a will to succeed here in addition to a humility that players like Locatelli did not have.

I'm really rooting for him to succeed with us. It's a long season so between rotation, suspensions and injuries as well as 5 subs rule Pobega will hopefully get a chance to show his worth. I don't think I can hack losing another of our homegrown boys.

Also really hyped for our white Gullit and hairy Zidane. So far so great. Can't wait to see MMM's finishing touches on this season's squad.

Levi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kakà, Nesta, Rui Costa, Gattuso.

Bruh... If true that's embarrassing. Not saying 20m was the right price either, but 3m??? How about a bag of potatoes and a pair of socks instead...

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
According to some, 2013-2016 wasn't banter mode 😂 just cause we played that one CL .. hilarious. The only anti banter thing was seeing Kaka in Milan shirt again. I have better memories from that montella season, than that craplegri pippo shitshow. It was GP level garbage
It might be difficult to accept but Kaka was not good whatsoever when he came back, he was awful.

2013 was banter but it feels unfair calling Yepes a banter era player.

Mexes I can kind of understand due to his personality and antics, Muntari too, but both were here for our last truly great season and weren't banter era signings

Well, Muntari when he came back after breaking his leg playing beach football was like a new banter era signing. :yikes:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Bruh... If true that's embarrassing. Not saying 20m was the right price either, but 3m??? How about a bag of potatoes and a pair of socks instead...
In our defence, we don't know whether our bid would have been laughed out of Birmingham or whether Villa are laughing to the bank right now considering Chelsea's huge bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule