maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf
Tameze?? 28 bidone with no upside
Doesn't even have a cap for his nt

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rafa starts :o

You are moving goalposts.

The argument was we had the financial ability for a greater market and when reports came out about it being 50m many of you all ridiculed the reports and started citing all sorts of indicators as to why it wouldnt be.
We are tracking to that figure unless we buy some players at the close of the window. It doesnt matter what others did - the discussion was always about what we could do given our moves and then winning the league on top of that.
I’m not. I’m still of the belief that we’ll spend a lot more by the end of the window. If we spend 50m or less overall I’ll be very surprised. It means we DRASTICALLY reduced our squad costs, which is very weird considering our rising ambitions.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"omg omg its obvious renato went to psg, he'll be a sure starter and knows galiter + campos"

are we sure he's gonna be their starter in a midfield of vitinha, ruiz and veratti?
Aren’t they playing a 343 now too?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be fair to Brk: ability does not mean requirement to spend. The space is there, the money being released is another issue.

I think the transition between ownership has made payment more prolonged.
No, I said spend. Ability is a fact, we have the money and no one can dispute this. My argument was that we will maintain a similar squad cost as last season, and if we did that we could spend way more than 50m. Seems either they’re waiting until the end of the market for opportunities, or they’re deciding that they can live with a smaller squad cost (which I think would be very weird). We reduced squad costs enough. We’re on par with the likes of Roma and Lazio now.

Last edited:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I don't remember Vlasic ever rejecting us. It was the same as Botman. The guys wanted to come to Milan, but we got outbid by a random PL team and they have no choice but to accept their moves.
Yeah but it sounds better that he rejected us & thats why he flopped.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No, I said spend. Ability is a fact, we have the money and no one can dispute this. My argument was that we will maintain a similar squad cost as last season, and if we did that we could spend way more than 50m. Seems either they’re waiting until the end of the market for opportunities, or they’re deciding that they can live with a smaller squad cost (which I think would be very weird). We reduced squad costs enough. We’re on par with the likes of Roma and Lazio now.
Thats actually my take about Maldini.
They do have money or else they wouldnt pay 35mil for CDK or even 5mil for fringe players like Lazetic/FBT.
They seems to rather wait for a sure thing player or a bargain.

Now with that said , i for sure think it was a bad idea taking that AM & RW light last season.
And i still think it is a bad idea to delay our RW.
Wining the league doesnt mean they were right or i am wrong.

Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
To be fair to Brk: ability does not mean requirement to spend. The space is there, the money being released is another issue.

I think the transition between ownership has made payment more prolonged.
Agreed but to be fair to the reports that "didnt know shit" they just stated what the budget would be ....it doesnt matter if we have a trillion in the bank or a dime

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m not. I’m still of the belief that we’ll spend a lot more by the end of the window. If we spend 50m or less overall I’ll be very surprised. It means we DRASTICALLY reduced our squad costs, which is very weird considering our rising ambitions.
How do you think a new stadium affects our transfer plans over the next few seasons? Assuming things get moving on the stadium

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's bullish and I respect it.

I think the transition in ownership makes things trickier, because revenue is set for around 300m for this last season, and they are delaying the Puma deal, and I assume the Emirates renewal will be in similar figures, plus the other various sponsorships, to push revenue over 360m for next year--which is where they might be targeting to make their next big swoops.

The issue isn't the space, but the physical money, and I think that's being held up by the transition in ownership.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How do you think a new stadium affects our transfer plans over the next few seasons? Assuming things get moving on the stadium

The new stadium wouldn't decrease the budget as they would get separate financing for the stadium. Obviously once the stadium is complete the extra revenues would let the budget increase. And maybe if they can sell the naming rights before completion then some of those benefits could come in advance.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No idea. Depends on the strategy at the time. All I know is that we’re expected to make a profit for the upcoming financial year (not21/22, we’re still expected to have a loss around 30-40m).

As long as revenues keep going up we can spend more on the squad. I’m also sure they’ll sell a couple of players that are expendable and can give us a nice profit.

The big challenge in the past three years, which was the first phase of our journey, was to completely revamp the squad and reduce our squad costs while maintaining a good sporting level. We did this incredibly well, at a level of unexpected success that was simply stunning. The great thing about it is that it’s built for sustained success, not an all or nothing splurge like Inter (or Leo with us). We are expected to improve simply because the squad is young and growing. Winning just accelerates that growth.

This summer I think we’re starting phase 2. Maldini and Pioli have said as much too. This is the growth phase. The squad now is fully built. The aim here is to grow the squad by winning and by adding a few key pieces each window. Players like Theo, Bennacer and Tonali will keep getting better. We need to renew the key players and keep everyone happy. The target now is to keep growing organically so that we can gain European experience and end the cycle in a few years as a team that’s realistically considered a challenger for the CL.

The third phase will be where we start to cash in on the brand. New stadium revenues, maybe winning the CL, and overall just being AC Milan, a global superclub again. This is 2027 onwards where we realistically should have the stadium built and have our current core all in their prime years.

This is #daPlan.

Last edited:

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
What else do we want from our mid that this kid doesn't have?
Better goal celebration, wtf was that shit? :ibralol:

Oh, and a bigger sample size would be preferable. That was just one game, unless he gets his head bandaged every single match....

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No idea. Depends on the strategy at the time. All I know is that we’re expected to make a profit for the upcoming financial year (not21/22, we’re still expected to have a loss around 30-40m).

As long as revenues keep going up we can spend more on the squad. I’m also sure they’ll sell a couple of players that are expendable and can give us a nice profit.

The big challenge in the past three years, which was the first phase of our journey, was to completely revamp the squad and reduce our squad costs while maintaining a good sporting level. We did this incredibly well, at a level of unexpected success that was simply stunning. The great thing about it is that it’s built for sustained success, not an all or nothing splurge like Inter (or Leo with us). We are expected to improve simply because the squad is young and growing. Winning just accelerates that growth.

This summer I think we’re starting phase 2. Maldini and Pioli have said as much too. This is the growth phase. The squad now is fully built. The aim here is to grow the squad by winning and by adding a few key pieces each window. Players like Theo, Bennacer and Tonali will keep getting better. We need to renew the key players and keep everyone happy. The target now is to keep growing organically so that we can gain European experience and end the cycle in a few years as a team that’s realistically considered a challenger for the CL.

The third phase will be where we start to cash in on the brand. New stadium revenues, maybe winning the CL, and overall just being AC Milan, a global superclub again. This is 2027 onwards where we realistically should have the stadium built and have our current core all in their prime years.

This is #daPlan.
In what phase of daplan Leao will walk for free ?

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Speaking of cl, I had a dream recently that we were in the champions league final against Tottenham of all teams. They scored first but then we scored twice to take the lead into halftime

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

he can press

This kid looks promising. Physically and defensively sound. I can see him adapting really quick to Pioli’s tactical set-up. He can keep it simple in midfield and be a ball-winning/possession-recycling machine.

He needs to work on his passing. He has a lot of potential. Kessie’s long term replacement.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
After Theo failed to sign an extension I’m worried now that everyone Maldini bought will just walk away for free…
I really question your team knowledge if you cant differ players like Theo , Cala & Tona from players like Leao & Ben.

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
After Theo failed to sign an extension I’m worried now that everyone Maldini bought will just walk away for free…
Wage cap is an issue

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Onyedika is valued at 10m, Milan will offer 3m, they'll haggle over the price for a few weeks and Newcastle will come in with a bigger offer and get him lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule