The Rumour Commode XXXVIII: Next Week is our Week

Would you sell Leao?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not sure who I’d take - a DM that starts giving Isma & Tonali competition and cover or a RW since we have options on options across all 4 positions up front and quality

Only if like we can sell Messias or Salad for profit

Def need Diallo tho Ndicka will cost too much

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious that our biggest need right now is a starting level RW. Of all the starting positions, we are weakest in that spot by a country mile. Sure, we could use another backup CB and backup CM, but to improve our starting line-up we need a RW. It doesn't really matter to me if we play either Messias or Alexis, because they're pretty much at the same level with different characteristics. Neither of them is good enough. Messias won't get much better due to his age and even though Alexis might improve, his ceiling is too low for our ambitions.

In midfield I don't see any room for another player if we don't let at least one or two players go. I think it's safe to assume that our starting midfield will be Tonali, Bennacer and de Ketelaere. That leaves Diaz, Krunic, Adli, Pobega and Bakayoko as bench players. More than enough numerically. There might be some room if Bakayoko leaves, but it would still mean that at least two midfielders won't see much of the pitch at all this season.

In defence we have room for a third/fourth CB and we should be looking for cheap talented player that can slowly grow with the squad. Let's see what Kjaer has left in the thank first, before we spend a lot of money in defence while we could use it better for the RW position.
If you don’t put cam and dm in one category (as you shouldn’t), our midfield doesn’t look so good

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
If you don’t put cam and dm in one category (as you shouldn’t), our midfield doesn’t look so good
This argument has been going for two years now.
Depth mean shit when you have a hole in your starting eleven.
Its holding the team from hitting even higher notes.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
who are you going to convince to sit behind the best LB in the world, knowing the only time you'll see the pitch is injury?
Season is long. Great teams have each position good player. Theo need breath somebody good to go higher level. Look at Brahim Diaz yesterday. He feels CDK and Adli in the ass and he was star.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni

I think we look good at AM. De Ketelaere as a starter and Diaz as a substitute is rock solid.
For CM and DM we only have two starting level players (Bennacer and Tonali). Like I said yesterday, I like Adli and Pobega, but I question whether they are ready to play ball at this level. They might be ok against lower level opposition, but I wouldn't want to rely on them against the top of Serie A and CL competitors. Krunic is a handy man, but not starting level material. Yoko is dead wood. We lack quality in midfield, but we need to let someone go before we can buy.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
moncada seems to have a lot of faith in FBT, and he looked good in preseason. How good can you expect a guy to be when he never gets to see the field?

A backup LB is the least of our priorities. In the case of an emergency either Calabria or Florenzi can play there as well.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
moncada seems to have a lot of faith in FBT, and he looked good in preseason. How good can you expect a guy to be when he never gets to see the field?
giphy.gif

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This argument has been going for two years now.
Depth mean shit when you have a hole in your starting eleven.
Its holding the team from hitting even higher notes.
to me it seemed yesterday that we have a bigger hole in midfield than RW

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we look good at AM. De Ketelaere as a starter and Diaz as a substitute is rock solid.
For CM and DM we only have two starting level players (Bennacer and Tonali). Like I said yesterday, I like Adli and Pobega, but I question whether they are ready to play ball at this level. They might be ok against lower level opposition, but I wouldn't want to rely on them against the top of Serie A and CL competitors. Krunic is a handy man, but not starting level material. Yoko is dead wood. We lack quality in midfield, but we need to let someone go before we can buy.
Yoko will leave. Pioli absolutely doesn't count on him

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
we need Khéphren Thuram so bad, it hurts. how can mgmt see how close we are to going b2b and going deep in CL and not spenidng a lil extra

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Again whats not clear to you ?
We have Tona-Ben as CM starters & Sale-Messias as RW.
Buying a third choice CM is not as important as buying a starter RW , its not even close.
If after two years of arguing this point you still think otherwise then carry on.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Buying a third choice CM is not as important as buying a starter RW , its not even close.
If after two years of arguing this point you still think otherwise then carry on.
And what in these 2 years of arguing made you think that you are right?
The fact that we won title with Messias and Saele, while having more depth in midfield, means you are wrong.
There are 4 players in attack, if 3 of them perform we still look good.
If one of 2 midfielders plays poorly, we are in trouble

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And what in these 2 years of arguing made you think that you are right?
The fact that we won title with Messias and Saele, while having more depth in midfield, means you are wrong.
There are 4 players in attack, if 3 of them perform we still look good.
If one of 2 midfielders plays poorly, we are in trouble
The fact that we won dont mean am right.
Because what am saying would mean we will have a better team hence achieving more than we did.
Again , not interested in arguing about something that we did for two years,
You think bench is more important than starters , ok.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dude, Brahim was man of the match. He’s playing the next game at AM for sure. That’s how you maintain a rewarding meritocracy. Whoever plays well gets to keep playing. Simple as that.

I also think that Pioli sticking with Diaz instead of Adli who, IMO, had a much better pre-season, is also kind of a reward and sign of respect to those who last year won us the Scudetto. Simple as that. I'm all for meritocracy, but unless it's not Kaka you've just brought in where even a well renowned Rui Costa goes to the coach telling him to bench him as this young lad is too strong in order to stay sidelined, it's also right to give continuity and respect to those who achieved important goals last season.

Long story short: Pioli knows how dressing room dynamics work. This is not a video game. In real life, players are human beings. And if you know how to work with it, you get a team like ours and performances like Diaz' and Rebic' yesterday.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
there are other factors involved than what you seem to grasp.

ofc every team wants to have 11 quality starters and 3-4 quality players on the bench as well. but there's a budget to work with and even more so for our club. so in the end a lot of it have to do with how the coach wants to play, what he thinks is important and what system is implemented. maybe a third cm is more important than a high quality RW or ST - because of how important the CM are in the system. CM vs RW is a good example because our CM's are extremely important while most of our attacking plays goes through the left side.

When we signed Messias so early in the summer, I knew we'd probably had to live with Messias/Saele this season. With CDK as option there as well. Scudetto winning RW's with a potential quality player added :o

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I also think that Pioli sticking with Diaz instead of Adli who, IMO, had a much better pre-season, is also kind of a reward and sign of respect to those who last year won us the Scudetto. Simple as that. I'm all for meritocracy, but unless it's not Kaka you've just brought in where even a well renowned Rui Costa goes to the coach telling him to bench him as this young lad is too strong in order to stay sidelined, it's also right to give continuity and respect to those who achieved important goals last season.

Long story short: Pioli knows how dressing room dynamics work. This is not a video game. In real life, players are human beings. And if you know how to work with it, you get a team like ours and performances like Diaz' and Rebic' yesterday.
I think people also didn't watch Adli's interview. He said he knows he has to work hard in training and when given minutes on the pitch to make a place for himself. He is aware that he won't be starting right away, and that there are other quality players in the same role(s) as him. I love that attitude, and he will get his chances. It's up to him to make the most of them and he has the quality to be a top player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule