The Rumour Commode XXXVIII: Next Week is our Week

Would you sell Leao?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
We had a big hole in that LB position so Theo was a smart move.
Getting CDK while having Adli is stupid if we end up with no quality RW.
I meant that at the time, we thought 20m was a waste for Theo since we had Ricardo Rodriguez (who was initially hyped), and Laxalt. People were like why is Paolo wasting 20m on a third Lb when we have other options (let’s be honest, we all thought RR was a stud at the time)

My point is, squad building isn’t always linear. It’s about what we need and also what is available on the market. If you can get a talent like CDK who will give you world class performances at AM for the next decade, sometimes you need to take that chance even if it means delaying the RW position for a year. It builds a stronger team in the long term.

At the time we signed Theo, 99% of us thought it was a stupid move and a waste of money. CDK feels the same to me (in terms of prioritization - and the need for another 10 versus a RW)

Brahim is going back after his loan and Adli to me is still not proven in a title winning side.

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
Feels good to start off with wins against tough teams while other "contenders" are facing some cream puffs to make the league look competitive to start off.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I like highlights. Looks more technical than Onyedika, but probably more expensive too

Altafini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If you support a club for it's legends,one day these legends will retire.

If you support a club for it's Stars, one day these stars will depart.

If you support a club for it's glory,there will come dark days that will test your loyalty...

But if you support a club because it's Crest was engraved in your heart,then no matter how many Stars or Legends leave, your devotion remain unbroken. Forza Milan!!!

It's matchday....Atalanta getting whooped today.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
August 19, 2022
As reported by Bild, Aster Vranckx (19) is dissatisfied with playing time at Wolfsburg and wants to leave the club this summer with interest from Everton and Lille.
With a squad size of 28, head coach Niko Kovac wants to streamline his squad and Vranckx is one candidate for a departure before the September 1 deadline.
Vranckx was not in the squad to face Carl Zeiss Jena in the DFB Pokal and has played just seven minutes across two Bundesliga games this season. The Belgian played 24 league games last season, but came on as a substitute in 13 of those.
As well as Everton and Lille, Nottingham Forest, Fiorentina and Bologna have shown an interest in signing Vranckx, who has three-years remaining on his current Wolfsburg deal.
With less than two weeks of the transfer window remaining, the Belgium U21 captain would be open to a move to the Premier League.
GGFN

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
This guy was bought for 1m a year ago, he can’t be more than 4-5m at this point. Isn’t even in the squad

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
If you support a club for it's legends,one day these legends will retire.

If you support a club for it's Stars, one day these stars will depart.

If you support a club for it's glory,there will come dark days that will test your loyalty...

But if you support a club because it's Crest was engraved in your heart,then no matter how many Stars or Legends leave, your devotion remain unbroken. Forza Milan!!!

It's matchday....Atalanta getting whooped today.
What if the club changes the logo?

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Super raw. Onana is a better fit for our current need, which is someone that can rotate and start when the starters are injured.
Agree, but I think we might have problem with registering Onana, because he is 22. U21 no need to register as far as I know

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Super raw. Onana is a better fit for our current need, which is someone that can rotate and start when the starters are injured.

Seems our management disagrees. To me it looks like Onana is the last on our list. I mean, that's the only explanation I can come up with as to why we haven't gone for him yet. How hard could it be to get a DM that plays in France's 2nd division!?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Starting to feel like Adli is going to be used at CM this season, a French/Algerian Krunic if you will filling gaps wherever needed.

Oh how they will mock us here for eternity for insisting on Leao-Adli-CDK :/

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agree, but I think we might have problem with registering Onana, because he is 22. U21 no need to register as far as I know
Or his price + Bordeaux may not be able to replace both him and Adli in one summer.
Seems our management disagrees. To me it looks like Onana is the last on our list. I mean, that's the only explanation I can come up with as to why we haven't gone for him yet. How hard could it be to get a DM that plays in France's 2nd division!?
May not be easy with us already taking Adli from them. His price is probably the highest of everyone we’ve been linked to after Renato.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Starting to feel like Adli is going to be used at CM this season, a French/Algerian Krunic if you will filling gaps wherever needed.

Oh how they will mock us here for eternity for insisting on Leao-Adli-CDK :/
Don’t fear mocking.

It will happen at some point.
For now, no point of arguing it anymore. It hasn’t happened in the 20 minutes they both* played so far this season + Pioli’s press conference yesterday.

Strangely, the reason I insist on it is the same reason I shouldn’t insist: the situation is dynamic and constantly evolving. Kalulu is a CB now.

Whether it’s Pioli trying shit out or out of necessity due to unavailability of some players, we’ll see it. And it’ll be addictive like meth. Once tried, Pioli wouldn’t want to play any other way.

At the end of the day, The team playing well and winning is the only thing that matters.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
People need to chill with their Pobega criticism just because he made one bad move.

It was first game of the season, his first ever Serie A game for Milan and infront of home fans. He will be just fine.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Carney was the last CM/DM I really liked/cared to get other than Sanches, so none of the names bother me. Fucking Todd had to add him to his career mode

Imo it’s far more important to prevent guys like Isma, Rafa etc. from not renewing and focusing on looking this amazing thing we got together

Tanganga seems okay and I’d be satisfied, although I did prefer Diallo but why would he do that to his career? He’s not starting here. Tanganga deal makes sense

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

I like highlights. Looks more technical than Onyedika, but probably more expensive too

I’ve been following his progress since his KV Mechelen debut.
He was a big deal back then and we’ve been linked with him multiple times.
To me he seems generic, I don’t know what’s so special about him.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some people here were saying Zakaria is a great player and they are back in the Scudetto race because of him and Vlahovic.
I think he'd be more suited to a Klopp/Pioli like football than Allegri's

They want Paredes instead

Reaction score
Fav. Players
M. Suarez, L. Biglia, Mbokani, Kakà, Zlatan
I’ve been following his progress since his KV Mechelen debut.
He was a big deal back then and we’ve been linked with him multiple times.
To me he seems generic, I don’t know what’s so special about him.
Same here, but I think he has a huge potential. Remember him dominating against us when he was like, 18. Both technically and physically excellent and a good pass. I think he's worth the gamble, especially since he ain't a starter anymore (which I still don't understand).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule