The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Why do some people act like FFP doesn't exists and we weren't thrown out of Europe the last time we overspent?
There are different punishments... I 4get the club but when they overspent they were told to only enter a reduced squad for UCL.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Samp asked for Lazetic on loan but Milan denied

I for one am thankful GP won't get his hands on this one

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
There are different punishments... I 4get the club but when they overspent they were told to only enter a reduced squad for UCL.
Probably a club with higher revenue than us.

I know all this FFP stuff is shady, but we're really vulnerable to it.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
My father (dru 2nd) grew up to hate his father and become an Inter fan.
My grandfather in turn derisively called him #2. My father would then remind him of his own history as an inter fan.
The bickering would never end. One thing was sure, my grandfather's faith never waivered.
"Trust the plan" he would say. My father would say it too but the derision in his voice was palpable

In all honesty, I couldn't blame my father for defecting...His father had promised the world to his son and never gave him even the town.
"Next year we'll show them" my granfather would say every season, sometimes fighting back the tears in his own eyes as the Hedge Fund (the real villains of this story)" would sell the family jewels to the highest bidder.....even before my father's birth my Grandfather would complain about the sale of a Turkish cuckold that he both loathed but also insisted was an important component of "the plan". "The plan" would keep changing but was never to bring any comfort to the old man.....
More of this please

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Barca/Juve/whoever losing money for a couple years isn't really comparable to Milan's situation

Milan have been bleeding money for a decade and even after all these moves still post a loss

For Juve to feel any impact they'd have to miss CL...

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Florenzi is such a handsome guy. Prime white, Italian type of handsomeness. Paolo, please redeem him. Biabiany would kill to have his teeth

labll2fvb2e81.png

At this point you might as well post memes like this one

VRJGdcm.jpg

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
At this point you might as well post memes like this one

VRJGdcm.jpg

What do you call a black guy that flies a plane?​

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Some people here have no clue what they're talking about. Wishful thinking and reality are two different things.

Barcelona are simply too big to fail.

Past two seasons were definitely failures for them. Especially in reference to what they achieved in the past decade. Struggling for top 4 and in the europa league currently.

Failure and success are all about reference and context really. Same applies for teams like Juventus. They wont be competing for cl for a few years and they’ll struggle to win serie a in the near future.

Wont say Inter are in the same boat, but they have to continue to rely on bail outs from their owner. From experience we know that it isn’t the best long term plan. The fact that they had to sell Lukaku and Hakimi wasnt a good tale.

On the contrary we’re on a positive trajectory. Just the fact that we participated in cl and kept a high placement in the league is improvement from last season. It shows we arent a one season wonder and that our team can compete. The fact that we’re being ran sensibly is the insurance that a team like Inter doesnt have.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Real's shirt deal with Emirates is 70m per year. While Man Utd had the biggest shirt deal with Chevy for 76.6m Euros. They lost that deal (hm, wonder why?) and their new deal is 56.3m with TeamViewer. Barca's new shirt deal with Spotify is worth 68m a year. So it's not a record.

If you add Man Utd's Kohler deal, Man Utd make 80.3m. Barca make marginally more, and I imagine the next Madrid or Man Utd shirt deals will be bigger than these latest ones.

We are far, fucking lightyears behind these clubs financially. But we used to be in the top 3 in terms of revenue not that long ago.

I'm just so weirded out how much people like to defend other clubs here. I don't see how you can look at what is happening at Barca and say "everything is fine, they struggled to register Ferran Torres because they couldn't afford it, but even though they lost Messi, everything is fine!"

When Sheva was sold, I was young, but I remember fighting with fans on MilanMania that this was the sign of a downfall of Milan. When Kaka was sold, I was like, nah this isn't the sign of bad things, but I got shaky. Then we got Ibra, and I was like "okay... okay..." and when we sold Thiago Silva and Ibra, I still thought, "we're just can't compete financially" and when we qualified for the CL on the last day, I thought with Niang, Balo, and SES, we'd have a team to grow and we'd build that way. Nope.

It was the boring elements of financials that led to our doom and massive decline. But it was a relatively fast process over a span of 6-7 years from Sheva behind sold in 2006 to 2012 with Ibra-Silva being sold. Berlusconi and Galliani did not build up the commercial and financial side of things. Bayern got their new stadium in 2005. Juventus really were proactive following their relegation and built a foundation of a club--fueled by Fiat largesse, sure, but they made sure it wasn't just direct payments like Berlusconi did, as the costs grew and the numbers grew, Berlusconi couldn't keep up because he didn't take advantage. Barbara, who we all (including my dumb self) wanted to improve this area was dismissed and she was called all sorts of misogynistic stuff. Okay, so she dated Pato. Is it risky to date the President's daughter? Sure, but acting like a woman has some unique ability to destroy a player, is annoying.

Pato ruined himself. He made the choice to be a party boy. "Ronaldo came over and asked how I was, and then he told me 'You have to decide, come with me (and he showed me a Playboy) or go in Kaka's group (who in the dressing room had some church things). At that time I wasn't expecting those things from a player I used to play with on the PlayStation, but they were big moments." If you can play and party, more power to you. Pato wasn't good enough. R9 was.

Sporting success when you have to rely on individual players to succeed, that you need Pato to explode. That you need Balotelli to explode. That you need Bertolacci to explode. Your team-building process is not going to work.

I don't think Barca are headed towards their banter era. Not yet. But it's going there. Inter? Same thing. Maybe if Barbara really got control over things, we actually built that stadium, and maybe if Galliani actually still had the sort of superior scouting and executives that he used to have around him, things would have been different? I'm not sure if Galliani was ever great at identifying players, but it seems that he was crucial in getting them here. It was a combination of Leonardo, Braida, Gandini and others who had that network of being smart, they were gone, and that's when Galliani, alone, wasn't able to move forward.

In retrospect, honestly, Barbara was actually the one who is right.

Whatever, this is another "wAlL oF tExT" in which I feel like I spell out my thoughts rather clearly, but here's the caricature for some people:

"Milan never had a problem, I love the management, I'm always right, I've never been wrong about a player, I'm better than everyone, and I haven't learned from the signs of decline in my own club and so when I identify those problems in other clubs, I'm too stupid (and arrogant) to say that there is a problem. Oh, and I love sitting on avocados and laugh at people who sit on pineapples?" - there you go buddies.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Refs have had a hand in that. Did you watch Inter's last game against Venezia? Empoli? Sassuolo?

Have you seen the refs against us with Verona? Roma? Napoli? Spezia?
So is it injuries or officiating - your previous statement made no mention of officiating yet now you need to continue. Just use LOL or Facepalm sometimes or be magnanimous and say my bad or I see your point....or just take your L.

But you will probably want to take out half the next page to respond.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
People keep talking about positive trajectory... fact is, we have made zero improvements to the squad in the past 12 months. I don’t count fodder depth like Oli, FBT, Messias, Baka etc as “depth”, same as having laxalt Samu Meier etc

I understand the need for patience, but by being cheap Elliott is seriously risking the chances for a top 4. And it’s not like an investment now would be wasted

Improvements is very subjective, only at the end of the season can we say if we improved or not.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
well, they had to let go of the best player on the planet
That was manufactured though - they had money to pay him, they just breached the new rules instituted
- or is there more to it than that?

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So is it injuries or officiating - your previous statement made no mention of officiating yet now you need to continue. Just use LOL or Facepalm sometimes or be magnanimous and say my bad or I see your point....or just take your L.

But you will probably want to take out half the next page to respond.
More than one thing can be true.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule