The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But what if Theo actually leaves, which is probable given two reasons
1. We cant give him next extention (raise over 4m)
2. No trophy for next 3 years, he is leaving

If kerkez is that good to seriously thinking about wanting to challenge for first xi, why we sell for meagre 2m? We still consider buying out Messias
We can pay players a lot. We do when they deserve it. We offered Donna 8m. He wanted 12m. We told him to kick rocks. He gets 7.5m at PSG. After he begged to come back. Excuse me, after Raiola begged Maldini to come back.

I'm amazed, people said they would only take this project seriously if Theo renewed. It looks like he will. And it's amazing how now that the whole "Theo will not renew with shit Milan" is done, the new narrative is that we can't renew him again.

All clubs are losing players for free, but Theo was Maldini's first purchase. Maldini is building a team, he's clearly making a team with players who want to build Milan. And the background info on why Theo is resigning is that be wants to become the best in the world in his position and he wants to build up Milan, specifically.

That's what Maldini is selling. Passion. The players who are leaving us, aren't his guys.

You all wanted proof of Maldini with Theo. I look forward to the next goal post you move, especially once we start winning, hopefully starting with this year's Scudetto.

Last edited:

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I mean, it's not that I'll cry over Primavera player but it is not clear to me why they sold a player who was supposedly talented, after only a year.

I understand him, he wants more playing time and we cannot guarantee it to him. But why not loan, to follow his progress? Or buy back option? Milan at least had to secure itself with that buy back clause and they didn't (based ln reports), which is weird.

In worst case, he looks talented enough to be decent fullback so you could earn more than 2 million in a couple of years.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Me when I found out we made a profit of 1.8m on Kerkez:

795baeb5e495fc3b43cf72281cf0ea05.jpeg

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
I'm amazed, people said they would only take this project seriously if Theo renewed. It looks like he will. And it's amazing how now that the whole "Theo will not renew with shit Milan" is done, the new narrative is that we can't renew him again.
Sometimes RnB's forumers just so unbelievable 😂

Staamdorf

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
That's what Maldini is selling. Passion. The players who are leaving us, aren't his guys.
Or also that only City was seriously interested and his lady really likes Milan. For now.

Or that his salary is tripled and he believes success is just around the corner.

Isnt 4m net close to a great salary for youngish LB?

It is naive to believe Maldini alone is able to find and instill passion on the market.

You said it yourself, our offer is attractive. I say it again, no success in next 3 seasons, he (quietly) requests transfer

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean, it's not that I'll cry over Primavera player but it is not clear to me why they sold a player who was supposedly talented, after only a year.

I understand him, he wants more playing time and we cannot guarantee it to him. But why not loan, to follow his progress? Or buy back option? Milan at least had to secure itself with that buy back clause and they didn't (based ln reports), which is weird.

In worst case, he looks talented enough to be decent fullback so you could earn more than 2 million in a couple of years.

Imo the quick turnover actually is a point in favor of the deal, it‘s much better to sell for 2m after a year of primavera than for example sell for 7m after 5 years of first team grooming.
We cannot develop many green players at the same time in the first squad.

I agree on the buy back option though, they are always great to have and imo the more successful we are the more clubs will want to sign players even with such buy back clauses.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Or also that only City was seriously interested and his lady really likes Milan. For now.

Or that his salary is tripled and he believes success is just around the corner.

It is naive to believe Maldini alone is able to find and instill passion on the market.

You said it yourself, our offer is attractive. I say it again, no success in next 3 seasons, he (quietly) requests transfer
No success in 3 years means the project failed.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score

How can you know that your definition of "success" is the same as Theo's?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
What can you expect from a midtable club like us who finished second last year, joint second now, who have medical and preparation staff worthy of Serie D level? Every player should walk on a free from such a club like us... :D

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
obviously selling Lmeao

finally
I knew they wouldn’t go into another season with injury prone rebic as the backup LW

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
And how you define success? Missing scudetto but won UCL is can be considered success. Scaroni said that qualified into CL every year is a success. Thousand (or maybe million) football players can say that playing for Milan is a success. Heck, even for me to finally can created an account in this forum after long years of waiting is a success.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
So what's happening on the Samu front? :lol:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
And how you define success? Missing scudetto but won UCL is can be considered success. Scaroni said that qualified into CL every year is a success. Thousand (or maybe million) football players can say that playing for Milan is a success. Heck, even for me to finally can created an account in this forum after long years of waiting is a success.

FKIZZa6XMAgpTfX.jpeg

Success, defined.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Should we trust agent words about their own players? 😅
If the kid is that good, it may not be in his best interest to join our Primavera. He can stay and finish his apprenticeship and can join our first team directly.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
"i saw him playing twice in primavera and he was really good"

it doesn't matter, it's still a primavera team. bunch of children who will never be anything running around.
typical short sighted post

Fast forward 2~3 years Milan's crown jewel will be pursued by the biggest teams in Europe
Maldini/Elliott will tearfully claim that "they did everything to keep Theo" but couldn't compete with the offer from (insert team)
Milan fans will step over each other to shit on "judas", "mercenery", "traitor" Theo in an effort to show how wonderfully loyal they are to a Red and Black coloured football team's jersey.

But hey! The above situation is tolerable because we have a very promising LB waiting in the wings anyway!
Oh wait...he's at Alkmar.

Rinse. Repeat
#DaPlan

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

Fast forward 2~3 years Milan's crown jewel will be pursued by the biggest teams in Europe
Maldini/Elliott will tearfully claim that "they did everything to keep Theo" but couldn't compete with the offer from (insert team)
Milan fans will step over each other to shit on "judas", "mercenery", "traitor" Theo in an effort to show how wonderfully loyal they are to a Red and Black coloured football team's jersey.

But hey! The above situation is tolerable because we have a very promising LB waiting in the wings anyway!

Rinse. Repeat
#DaPlan
You're so dumb is almost impossible

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Rinse. Repeat
#DaPlan
My problem with this, is would said very promising LB actually "wait"? If he's very promising, knows he has talent, would he want to sit on AC Milan bench behind the finest LB in the world for 2-3 years? Maybe. But maybe not. Maybe he prefers to get minutes and develop at a club where he can play much more often for his own growth. We don't know the story behind it, if it is indeed a permanent deal. The player's will may not align with the clubs plans for development.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

Rinse. Repeat
#DaPlan
A primavera player leaving triggers your neurosis this much?

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Adama Traore is a beast. He's fast. He's technical. He's strong. He works so hard.

...and then he gets into the final third.

I don't understand why so many people rate him when he can't shoot, can't pass, can't cross. If a coach can get him to produce in the final third, he could be truly elite. But, I just... I don't get why people hype him up so much.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Success (for me) = winning a scudetto or a champions league.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Success (for me) = winning a scudetto or a champions league.
The CL is the biggest priority for me. If winning a Scudetto happens, I'll be happy obviously, but even since I was a child, the CL was always the biggest priority for me.

I think Elliott's plan is to win a CL as a way to inaugurate the new stadium, and with the stadium completed, to then push the club onto the market at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule