The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
There was an Athletic article about that going into the details how the club operates. I don't have access to that site anymore and it's been over a year since i've read it, so i will have to go of memory (and may misremember some things):

1. Scouting department and data department work seperately in order to avoid influencing each other and then compare notes on players together once an analysis has been made in each department. Those reports are of course made available to Maldini and Massara.

2. Decisions are ultimately made in a technical committee that involves Maldini, Massara, Moncada, Gazidis, Almstadt (Gazidis right man) and Elliott's guy (Giorgio Furlani?). Essentially the sporting side (Maldini, Massara, Moncada) and the financial side (Gazidis, Almstadt, Furlani) making decisions on two obvious paramaters: Sporting success and the financials of the club.

There was a long athletic article a year ago about the process. It was very informative.

https://www.docdroid.net/EVRaKk8/inside-ac-milan-waking-a-sleeping-giant-the-athletic-pdf

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
:lol: I like how your process doesn’t involve Pioli at all, not even in a “just to let you know” manner.
Sure they make the decision but I’m sure they involve him in it.
That goes without saying, and it's been highlighted how important it is to actually couple coach+players+vision+finances together into a coherent strategy.

But Pioli is more of a frontroom figure. It's the Casa Milan stuff I'm most curious about.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:lol: I like how your process doesn’t involve Pioli at all, not even in a “just to let you know” manner.
Sure they make the decision but I’m sure they involve him in it.
Sorry, I was just referring to the executives aspect of it. I don’t think Pioli is very involved, though, not to the extent someone like Conte is.

He has really earned the right to be with what he has done with this club.

Pioli can be frustrating at times, but fuck what he is done is incredible

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

looked like he was about to die at some point. Being a Milan fan is not healthy.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
at this rate, i expect mahrez to come for free

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
But our rb is Davide. Far from a top fullback attacking wise

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
We currently have Messias + Saele starting @ RW so it's going to take time before we can attract the likes of Mo Salah takeover or not. However, a Mahrez calibre signing would be a step in the right direction and after a season or two of signing similar quality players we will become an attractive destination for the very best in the world again.
Milan + money is automatically an attractive destination

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
mazraoui still hasnt signed for anyone... and hes asking for 5m

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
agreed. all milan needs is CL and money, and players will come back. It is a no brainer. I may even join milan, and im a fucking superstar

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mazraiola? Is he any good?
shit i forgot he represents him

i didnt see to much but he seems pretty good, people rate him and bayern are willing to pay him big (ish) money and they dont usually do that

i also forgot that with botman coming kalulu will be seeing more playing time @ rb so i think were pretty g tbh

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Lol I was talking about tier 1 top players specifically i.e. Salah, Mbappe, Haaland, Pogba etc who are still out of reach despite the takeover until we build a competitive CL squad. Anyway, we'll see who we end up with this summer.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score

To think, it has been almost 15 years since Milan's last major win on the biggest stage of all in club football(UCL 7) The downturn in our club's fortunes proceeded thereafter.

Links to the Abu Dhabi United Group date back to that time period. Silvio refused to sell after they bought City in 2008.

Now the same group is set to take control of AC Milan via Investcorp/Mubadala. The upturn in fortunes will now finally drive our ascent towards UCL 8.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But our rb is Davide. Far from a top fullback attacking wise
He doesn’t need to be, in fact he’s perfect if he provides occasional forward support but mostly covers defensively for a very attack minded RW. Basically rotate to 3 very fast players at the back when we are attacking and allow Theo to push forward with a DM covering him (like Kessie used to).

That’s how you dominate and suffocate teams like Liverpool does. BUT we need better training/conditioning and depth to do this across a European and domestic campaign.

Theo
———CF———
Leao—CAM—RW
—-Tonali-Bennacer
Tomori-Kalulu-Calabria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule