The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Uyghur thing was Arsenal. Germans "froze him out" because he deep throated Erdogans dick. Also, all this coincides with with him starting to suck as a football player, so...

Nice try with the hypocrite card though. You keep banging that drum :lol:

Dude, the BBC and Gary Lineker are admitting that they're hypocrites and that they treated the 2018 world cup differently to how they're doing it with Qatar.

Deepthroated Erdogan? He met the dude and took some photos (https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...l-retires-german-national-team-discrimination). Now you're not allowed to meet people? Where's the freedom to be an individual that makes their own choices? Or is that only allowed when you get to choose who or what to fuck? So Ozil makes a political statement and he gets to be frozen out, and the German team make a political statement and they are celebrated? No hypocrisy here? Or are we now going to argue some forms of protest are good and some are bad, depending on your agenda or politics?

There is no argument here, the media is being extremely hypocritical of their coverage of the world cup. There is absolutely no denying this fact. The same people that are blasting Qatar have said next to nothing about China or Russia. This is a fact.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

Dude, the BBC and Gary Lineker are admitting that they're hypocrites and that they treated the 2018 world cup differently to how they're doing it with Qatar.

Deepthroated Erdogan? He met the dude and took some photos (https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...l-retires-german-national-team-discrimination). Now you're not allowed to meet people? Where's the freedom to be an individual that makes their own choices? Or is that only allowed when you get to choose who or what to fuck? So Ozil makes a political statement and he gets to be frozen out, and the German team make a political statement and they are celebrated? No hypocrisy here? Or are we now going to argue some forms of protest are good and some are bad, depending on your agenda or politics?

There is no argument here, the media is being extremely hypocritical of their coverage of the world cup. There is absolutely no denying this fact. The same people that are blasting Qatar have said next to nothing about China or Russia. This is a fact.
Like I said, Özil started to suck at the same time.

I haven't said anything regarding China, Russia, Qatar... But while you say next to nothing, which isn't true, the world does have a different relationship with China and Russia (well not anymore with Russia which I don't even need to tell you :lol:). Don't know why you keep mentioning Russia, can they be more pharaia?

You said in an earlier post something about ethics/morality according to the west. Please don't dehumanize all of us from the middle east/not west. Women not being second class citizens and gays not being prisoned or killed for example isn't something western, it's decent humanity. Only certain countries go against that. Keep defending those countries with your whataboutism.

For shame Brk, for shame. :D

Edit: and yes I agree with you that the world should have done more 2018 vs Russia and more against China re the Uyghurs (Muslim countries could get that started instead of waiting for the west to be "the good").

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Build an island solely for the World Cup stadiums to be hosted on, in the middle of the ocean claimed by nobody, and people would still find reason to scrutinize the host location in some way.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Like I said, Özil started to suck at the same time.

I haven't said anything regarding China, Russia, Qatar... But while you say next to nothing, which isn't true, the world does have a different relationship with China and Russia (well not anymore with Russia which I don't even need to tell you :lol). Don't know why you keep mentioning Russia, can they be more pharaia?

You said in an earlier post something about ethics/morality according to the west. Please don't dehumanize all of us from the middle east/not west. Women not being second class citizens and gays not being prisoned or killed for example isn't something western, it's decent humanity. Only certain countries go against that. Keep defending those countries with your whataboutism.

For shame Brk, for shame. :D
Not defending Qatar or the middle east at all. Just going after the hypocrites. Russia in 2018 had already annexed Crimea, already jailed and poisoned journalists and activists, and had been extremely anti LGBT. BBC didn't boycott the opening ceremony with a tirade against human rights. Same people acting holier than thou over qatar were taking photos with Putin.

You can try to change the argument or put words in my mouth, you do you. But the only thing i've been saying is that some of the people who have been extremely vocal about Qatar have said almost nothing against China or Russia when they had a similar global sporting event.

Wait, so when you say the world has a different relationship with Russia and China, you mean it's ok to just bully a smaller country knowing they can't fight back? Is that what you're saying?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Not defending Qatar or the middle east at all. Just going after the hypocrites. Russia in 2018 had already annexed Crimea, already jailed and poisoned journalists and activists, and had been extremely anti LGBT. BBC didn't boycott the opening ceremony with a tirade against human rights. Same people acting holier than thou over qatar were taking photos with Putin.

You can try to change the argument or put words in my mouth, you do you. But the only thing i've been saying is that some of the people who have been extremely vocal about Qatar have said almost nothing against China or Russia when they had a similar global sporting event.

Wait, so when you say the word has a different relationship with Russia and China, you mean it's ok to just bully a smaller country knowing they can't fight back? Is that what you're saying?
I think we agree more than we think.

I wouldn't call it bullying, but for sure ordinary locals do suffer from it. Someone who tells their guests to stfu about human rights needs to be "bullied".

In general, my issue is the wayback-machine that people use to not deal with issues today. Why be quiet in 2022 because we were quiet 2018? Instead, let's speak up in 2026 as well.

Also, I don't care what BBC did or didn't (I hate the BBC, they're despicable).

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
oh-no.gif

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
What, we're gonna let the commode just die during the WC? Commode is the light in our life.

Of course not, but it's the same discussion over and over again.
Real Arabs like @brk and me are just enjoying the World Cup to the fullest.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Should I have been more vocal about Russia 2018? Yes. It bothered me but not enough to be too vocal about it. I simply didn't care enough back then. I'm a different human being now though. We all are. We all have matured four years and we probably all have changed in some ways and POVs compared to back then.

Today one may call me a hypocrite about Qatar and even be right. I hope tho the next time we're here debating a similar incident, people can't tell me anymore to be a hypocrite because of "why didn't you raise your voice with Qatar", at least unless I'm allowed to raise my voice now without being constantly said that I can't because I didn't in the past.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we agree more than we think.

I wouldn't call it bullying, but for sure ordinary locals do suffer from it. Someone who tells their guests to stfu about human rights needs to be "bullied".

In general, my issue is the wayback-machine that people use to not deal with issues today. Why be quiet in 2022 because we were quiet 2018? Instead, let's speak up in 2026 as well.

Also, I don't care what BBC did or didn't (I hate the BBC, they're despicable).
Who said be quiet?

Zgontronoman

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I don't get it. Why isn't Qatari people point of view respected. Why does the world think it's fair to put their beliefs on them. In this day and age nobody is stuck in a country. You can leave anytime if you don't. I think I have had enough of certain cultures trying to impose their belief on others. This start to the Qatar world cup had been one of the best I can remember.

Becouse they bribed their way to the WC in the first place.And they are not respecting the same shit that FIFA is serving and pushing for years...basic human rights.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Not defending Qatar or the middle east at all. Just going after the hypocrites.
This is one of the silliest crusades I've seen.

What exactly is the outcome you are looking for?

That no one mentions anything ? That people go back and mention Russia and china? Or do people start talking shit about usa for the next one?

Let's define that cosmic balance so life comes full circle for you.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
because they were looking to replace ronaldo.

because that would still be a bargain for mbappe.

If we dont sell leao in january then he is going for free or cut rate price.
Nah, as long as Leao has more than 1 suitor, he can be sold at a pretty decent price.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Im scared to think about our attack without leao. Maldini give him 7 or 8 already ffs. Our wages re lowest ever. Imagine developing another winger and waiting 2 years for him to finaly deliver. Or flop.

I think leao s better than vini. Just missing his work rate.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Nah, as long as Leao has more than 1 suitor, he can be sold at a pretty decent price.
That's if there are no other left wing options for the suitors.

Good wingers are littered everywhere. Wings are the most abundantly talent dense positions in football today. Almost every top club has one.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Russia got almost the same level of shit as Qatar, with a little saving grace of them having nukes and a football tradition. Also they were a lot better at keeping a facade, and while I agree that every country produces some stupid speeches Qatar is showing a very strong level of insensitivity and detachment. It is also one thing to have an alcohol ban but repeatedly going back on their word, mind you originally this was intended to be a summer world cup, is just showing a lack of respect towards the whole world cup. It feels like it started as a sports washing attempt and now became a toy that they are already bored of, not a single minute feels like there is some amount of love for the game itself, which so far is pretty unique.

Also western, especially politically western European moral horse is higher or rather better for the people, these countries still do shit but it is fundamentally wrong to pretend that they are anywhere close to the level of countries like Qatar. Nord Korea won't call out Qatar so who else should do it, if not the countries that are not perfect but at least better?
Respect the host. They gave you shitloads of money for bribing ,you gave them to Organize the World Cup ,now show some respect.That is simple.
If this World Cup goes through without major incidents ,middle east countries could organize another World Cup .Saudi Arabia would be perfect ,but also UAE . I don't agree that people are bored at the stadiums,(can be only boring match) great example was tonight game Ghana Vs Portugal ,Ghana fans made fantastic atmosphere.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Im scared to think about our attack without leao. Maldini give him 7 or 8 already ffs. Our wages re lowest ever. Imagine developing another winger and waiting 2 years for him to finaly deliver. Or flop.

I think leao s better than vini. Just missing his work rate.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I'm loving :mb: being the resident Islamophobe 👍🏽
Of course he waited till necromancer is gone but we'll look past that :o

voom

Banned
Reaction score
League one. The 3rd tier of English football. Okocha ?. So good they named him twice. I am Bolton through and through.
He was amazing ,real magician. I hope Bolton get back to Premier League. Leeds was also fell back to championship .I used to watch Premier League more. Bolton was real attraction ,often troubled top teams then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule