Choose your ethical dilemma

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Revise? Coop. Your whole "barely made 2nd" and all this other shit.

1675787050051.png

How can it be revision? 12 points from 1st, 2 points from 5th. I think pointing out we got SECOND and not wanting to discuss the points is revisionist.
The lucky Scudetto. And on and on.
I've only joined in on the joke of Fludetto. I've only pointed out:

20-21 - 2nd but was competing for top 4
21-22 - Scudetto
22-23 - was 2nd, but really competing for top 4

Where was I wrong?
I said Tata had one good game and you're putting words in my mouth.

I never said Tata is the sole or singular reason. I'm just saying he's a bad player. A very bad player.
And that's been agreed upon multiple times :LOL:. yet people still miss the point and think pointing out our other issues = defending Tata
Tata is of course negativity force's hero now. It's hilarious.
No no, Tata was team spin's target to deflect all other issues. Seems team spin have given up on Pioli so it seems like the BS on tata is easing off.

Last edited:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
How many pages will this commode reach before we finally win a game? I'm saying 216. :)

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
View attachment 15100

How can it be revision? 12 points from 1st, 2 points from 5th. I think pointing out we got SECOND and not wanting to discuss the points is revisionist.

I've only joined in on the joke of Fludetto. I've only pointed out:

21-22 - Scudetto

Where was I wrong?

And that's been agreed upon multiple times :LOL:. yet people still miss the point and think pointing out our other issues = defending Tata

No no, Tata was team spin's target to deflect all other issue. Seems team spin have given up on Pioli so it seems like the BS on tata is easing off.
You got time...
I am following Leaf's advice.

Sam literally pulling a KellyAnne Conway right now :head:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You got time...
I am following Leaf's advice.

Sam literally pulling a KellyAnne Conway right now :head:
Sam's my boy, even though we are on different "side" and for the most part we can come to some understanding.

I deserve this though, I did poke fun saying we should check expected stats for Tata on that goal before blaming anyone else sarcastically so I can see why he's annoyed with me.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From the outset of all of this, this is just me quibbling about... what are the standards of what we are talking about, and that I'm talking to you as a friend, and the response below is a "come on man..." sort of tone, and not confrontational.

It's not just that season that has been subject to your revisionism.

That team that finished 2nd was 1st at the halfway mark, so it obviously had something going for it, right? If you want to talk about "12 points back" then you should bring in larger context, no?

Also, isn't the whole issue rooted in "well, this is what Pioli does..." but Pioli's career never showed what he's shown at Milan, until this month. That's the central issue here. Pioli's fast starts and strong starts were confined to single seasons. He didn't even last the entire season at Inter. So how is that some sort of parallel that makes sense when talking about Pioli at Milan?

Finally, injuries derailed that season, as it has derailed much of Pioli's work during his entire time here, which is his fault--I have the receipts for both.

've only joined in on the joke of Fludetto. I've only pointed out:

21-22 - Scudetto

Where was I wrong?
Uh huh. Just a... Scudetto.

The "competing for top 4" line is a way to minimize the progress of the team, like calling someone's significant other "good looking... in the right light." That progress of the team was huge from where it was when Pioli took over.

Also, if you want to talk about the "form book" and points earned, you'd have to include the post-lockdown form, which was half a season, but you dismiss that as "well, we got 6th." That's not revisionism, to dismiss that? You want to bring up point differential, to minimize one thing, but bring up final standings to dismiss what was being done in another context? You can see why that's frustrating, no?

Where things become worthy of you saying "fact" to end discussion and where you suddenly put in context (but not all the context) is... I dunno, it's... it's just as much of a spin as the spinning you are angry at.

I think the way you (and others) have went on to defend Tata, even when he's made some of the most basic mistakes, is something that truly boggles my mind. Tata played like a comptent keeper against Inter. Hooray. What about the other games?

The defenders yelling at Tata has been described as them... deflecting blame from themselves? Come on.

It's just weird to hear you want to talk about "well what did 2nd that year really mean?" (not direct quote) and then turn around and be like "what does Tata being statistically one of the worst keepers in Europe's top 5 league really mean?" (another non-direct quote, I put in a lot of effort into that stats post, and you looked at it, knew you were defeated, and then dismissed it. That hurt bro.)

The defense isn't as good as it was before, or even as it should be, but look at Alisson's stats, with the piss-poor Liverpool team. He has better stats than ever before, because he's getting tested more. Now, you could say "oh, well, Tata isn't Alisson" and that's true, and then you'll be like "oh, well, he's a 2nd keeper." True. But even amongst backups he's bad. I gave you enough stats, of all different kinds of levels. And the differences aren't stark. And he's statistically worse than Marco Amelia was. Since we're talking about, facts, right?

He's in the bottom 10 worst keepers in Europe's top 5 leagues and he's not one of the problems?

No no, Tata was team spin's target to deflect all other issue. Seems team spin have given up on Pioli so it seems like the BS on tata is easing off.
So your defense of Tata is rooted in annoyance rather than objectivity? Pioli has made GP-level moves this month, I'm at a loss for him.

tl:dr = I think you spin as much as "team spin" does. I think everyone spins.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
over/under surviving 5min without an injury?
I have a feeling he will zimmer frame onto the field in minute 82 and somehow score a 1-0 winner.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Just like you spin novels for :star: emojis :o
(well deserved though)

pingu-mom-hug-pingu-mom.gif

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Gotta love revision force.

Would happily strap their mum to a chair and have her blown up by the government to just smell Barella's thigh.
huh-confused.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zaniolo's buy-out clause from Galatasaray is apparently 35m?

d91.gif

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From the outset of all of this, this is just me quibbling about... what are the standards of what we are talking about, and that I'm talking to you as a friend, and the response below is a "come on man..." sort of tone, and not confrontational.

It's not just that season that has been subject to your revisionism.

That team that finished 2nd was 1st at the halfway mark, so it obviously had something going for it, right? If you want to talk about "12 points back" then you should bring in larger context, no?
Similar tone, if you will:

If we fall out of top 4, we were 2nd at the half way mark. Do we choose to look at it as "well hey, we at least had something going for this season" instead of an absolute failure, even for DaPlan?
Also, isn't the whole issue rooted in "well, this is what Pioli does..." but Pioli's career never showed what he's shown at Milan, until this month. That's the central issue here. Pioli's fast starts and strong starts were confined to single seasons. He didn't even last the entire season at Inter. So how is that some sort of parallel that makes sense when talking about Pioli at Milan?
Quick google search tells me he had more than 1 season at both Lazio and Fiorentina.

Uh huh. Just a... Scudetto.
Yea so? Does Scudetto automatically raise your teams level? If your teams level was to compete for CL the season before and the season after, what makes you say the Scudetto is the rule and not the exception?

The "competing for top 4" line is a way to minimize the progress of the team, like calling someone's significant other "good looking... in the right light." That progress of the team was huge from where it was when Pioli took over.
No, competing for top 4 is the OBJECTIVE result on the final day. Doesn't matter how you look at it, we were not competing for Scudetto as far as 5-6 weeks in advance. Talking about progress, you see how fragile the progress we made is this season.

1675792289474.png
Also, if you want to talk about the "form book" and points earned, you'd have to include the post-lockdown form, which was half a season, but you dismiss that as "well, we got 6th." That's not revisionism, to dismiss that? You want to bring up point differential, to minimize one thing, but bring up final standings to dismiss what was being done in another context? You can see why that's frustrating, no?

You want to bring up post-covid but what about this? All Pioli's work as well that season. Those didn't contribute to us finishing 6th? Why should I only care about post-covid?

1675792108649.png
Where things become worthy of you saying "fact" to end discussion and where you suddenly put in context (but not all the context) is... I dunno, it's... it's just as much of a spin as the spinning you are angry at.
Me and Alo actually hashed that out.

If you are interested it went as follow:
alo: we are 2nd, no matter how you try to spin it negatively, thats a FACT.
me: well, it's also a fact that we were closer to 5th than 2nd.

You may not have followed the convo, so I just want to put it out there. But to me, your comment definitely does not apply to me (using FACT to end discussion).

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the way you (and others) have went on to defend Tata, even when he's made some of the most basic mistakes, is something that truly boggles my mind. Tata played like a comptent keeper against Inter. Hooray. What about the other games?
Bro, I think I've explained Tata in multiple ways now, I don't know if you are just missing the point on purpose so you can make the narrative of "you guys spin as well".

The defenders yelling at Tata has been described as them... deflecting blame from themselves? Come on.
Defense has been poor. Yelling at a teammate when you are performing as poorly as Tomori is bad form, 0 spin there.
It's just weird to hear you want to talk about "well what did 2nd that year really mean?" (not direct quote) and then turn around and be like "what does Tata being statistically one of the worst keepers in Europe's top 5 league really mean?" (another non-direct quote, I put in a lot of effort into that stats post, and you looked at it, knew you were defeated, and then dismissed it. That hurt bro.)
First of all, if you feel like I dismissed, I am sorry.

I asked you to explain what makes those stats so great and so definitive to tell me that Tata is hands down THE problem. You weren't able to explain and blew me off saying it's just what stats nerds used so I pinged brk instead. So, no, I didn't know "I was defeated", rather I knew you were set on making a point that I already agreed with (Tata sucks).

Brk said it's a crude method and need data over span of several years, hence I don't feel like the data presented here adds weight. Considering the amount of chances we were GIFTING opponents.
The defense isn't as good as it was before, or even as it should be, but look at Alisson's stats, with the piss-poor Liverpool team. He has better stats than ever before, because he's getting tested more. Now, you could say "oh, well, Tata isn't Alisson" and that's true, and then you'll be like "oh, well, he's a 2nd keeper." True. But even amongst backups he's bad. I gave you enough stats, of all different kinds of levels. And the differences aren't stark. And he's statistically worse than Marco Amelia was. Since we're talking about, facts, right?

He's in the bottom 10 worst keepers in Europe's top 5 leagues and he's not one of the problems?
Again, absolutely NOBODY is saying this. Every Tata defender I've seen admits he isn't good but thinks we have way bigger problems.
So your defense of Tata is rooted in annoyance rather than objectivity?
No, again, I have explained my Tata stance numerous times.

We are a fighter who swings for KOs and cannot technically box. We also leave wide openings when we swing for fences and we have shit take down defense. With all these factors combined, we are swinging wildly, exposed, and we get KOed. Yes, we have a weak chin, but we also have shit EVERYTHING else leading up to the KO. Tata is LITERALLY gone this summer.

Maybe it's because of my profession but Tata is a 1-liner code fix where as we have spaghetti code up and down rest of our roster. So no, buying Sportiello wouldn't make a single difference if Pioli is going to continue with his failing kamikaze press.

Also, I am not celebrating that he didn't have a bad performance. I am celebrating that Pioli grew a brain and stopped exposing a veteran keeper who's obviously incapable of changing his play style and you see we didn't concede NEARLY as much. But you know what we still did concede? Open chances off of set pieces OVER AND OVER again, and there seems to be no fix in sight. So, again, TATA is a problem, but most certainly not the biggest one.
You are welcome to dig for receipts but before I went at it with Alo I actually have never participated in calling people "spin team", even jokingly. If you can find evidence otherwise I will apologize.

So no, I do not "spin" at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule