The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It was still a very good and necessary retort by Alo of all the incessant whining about us being so cheap.

If you offer a take which on closer inspection seems to be wrong, it's not because everyone is a "management can do no wrong"-activist. It's just a shit take that deserves to be called out.

It had also to be said that by the FIFA Global Transfer Report 2021 we have been the team with the 10th (!) highest transfer expenditures in all of Europe (click on the PDF attached at the end of my link above) in 2021.

This management does put money in the club and not little. Obviously as fans we always wish for more. This squad is far from being completely build. But it's also obvious that not everything can be done within two, three years. Not when you take this club over from where Berlusconi and Yonghong Li left it, sporting and financially wise.

I wished that people like leaf who I can accept that they don't get as excited about progress and progress alone - not titles - as the rest of us would at least be a little more empathic and not so dismissive and calling us cheap for not going full beserk mode until we finally win a CL trophy again.

Last edited:

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
If given the choice, I'd rather spend money and effort on renewing our core and keeping our team healthy. I am totally disinterested in Botman, for example. I couldn't care less if he comes or not. If Bremer comes great, if not, meh.

Once the league starts, I consider what we have as the best we're going to get for the year. I never have any expectations for the Jan transfer market, and really when the management says, "we will move if there are opportunities" then I lower my expectations pretty dramatically. It helps me get my 7 hours every night.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely not happening but Ivory Coast look very round of 16 knockout. Even with all the talent they don’t look very good.
Yeah, i don't mean to offend our Milanisti from Ivory Coast or Algeria, but I am just hoping both get knocked out early for purely selfish reasons.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
If given the choice, I'd rather spend money and effort on renewing our core and keeping our team healthy. I am totally disinterested in Botman, for example. I couldn't care less if he comes or not. If Bremer comes great, if not, meh.

Once the league starts, I consider what we have as the best we're going to get for the year. I never have any expectations for the Jan transfer market, and really when the management says, "we will move if there are opportunities" then I lower my expectations pretty dramatically. It helps me get my 7 hours every night.
True.

But even if all that is true you want Maldini to have concocted some master signing that solves a problem we didn't know we had while solidifying our chances at Scudetto.

Romagnoli should be back any day now, so that gives us more options as well.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Yeah, i don't mean to offend our Milanisti from Ivory Coast or Algeria, but I am just hoping both get knocked out early for purely selfish reasons.
I’m Ivorian. I’ve never been invested in international football.
I haven’t watched a game since it started. Will probably start watching if/when we reach the quarter final.
I don’t really care much tbh…But, just on principles, F U.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I’m Ivorian. I’ve never been invested in international football.
I haven’t watched a game since it started. Will probably start watching if/when we reach the quarter final.
I don’t really care much tbh…But, just on principles, F U.

Maybe because you live in New York and Americans can't play. :lol:

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Since South Africa didn’t qualify. I don’t care really. I’m just watching for entertainment. I think Ivory Coast will get knocked out if they meet a half decent team though in the round of 16. Algeria is hard to say for now.

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Me too want the management spend the money for players in January but consider they had spent this much so far:

Tomori : 28.8 mill euro
Maignan : 14.30 mill
Adli : 8 mill
Tonali : 6.9 mill
Ballo Toure : 5 mill
Brahim : 3mill(loan fees)
Messias : 2.6 mill(loan fees)
Bakayoko : 2 mill (loan fees)
Florenzi : 1 mill (loan fees)
Pellegri : 1mill (loan fees)
Giroud 1 mill

That's a total of 73++ million euros so I can understand why Elliot reluctant to spend more.I just hope they can spend similar amount of money for next season which I think they would..

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Our squad as is - if they can keep fit - is remarkable, minus a Diaz alternative. Those are the only gaps we need right now if our squad was fit for this season. Then next season we'd be looking at a CF and RW (with Samu going one would hope) as Saele/Messias aren't of the top quality we need them to be. But, with our luck, injuries are forcing us to maybe look for a CB with Kjaer and Tomori out, Romagnoli with covid for however long he's out... Gabbia and Kalulu have looked fine but haven't been tested by any top opposition yet like we'll see in the next couple weeks. And, even if Romagnoli is back, 3 CBs is way too light.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imagine we had Haller. He’s such a baller. Great link up play, great finisher, tall, great technique. The complete player. Would be a great number 9 for Milan.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
It had also to be said that by the FIFA Global Transfer Report 2021 we have been the team with the 10th (!) highest transfer expenditures in all of Europe (click on the PDF attached at the end of my link above) in 2021.

This management does put money in the club and not little. Obviously as fans we always wish for more. This squad is far from being completely build. But it's also obvious that not everything can be done within two, three years. Not when you take this club over from where Berlusconi and Yonghong Li left it, sporting and financially wise.

I wished that people like leaf who I can accept that they don't get as excited about progress and progress alone - not titles - as the rest of us would at least be a little more empathic and not so dismissive and calling us cheap for not going full beserk mode until we finally win a CL trophy again.
Tell me what you want.

I am not about hot takes or making enemies.

I am not going to blow my load for having a more fiscally responsible business model

That said, I seem to have gotten myself in trouble for defending a friend who not only refused to defend his own POV (the "mid-table" comment is not mine, not was it my opinion), but decided to shit on me for forum cred. So fuck him.

Also let me state that despite my almost cynical pragmatism, I am actually fucking thrilled by our project and the steps we have taken in the right direction. I'm just not going to get carried away....yet ;)

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
Serie A is scripted tournament
Literally every league on the planet is. Dont act like this shit is just in Italy, and just for football/soccer.

Also, how come Joao Pedro still at Cagliari? Dude could play for any top team in Italy. Id snap him up

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Who is favourite in African Tournament?. I dont watch too much Football outside from Europe...........

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who is favourite in African Tournament?. I dont watch too much Football outside from Europe...........
Senegal, Morocco, Nigeria and Algeria. Nigeria and Morocco look most impressive right now. Senegal on paper is the best.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tell me what you want.

I am not about hot takes or making enemies.

I am not going to blow my load for having a more fiscally responsible business model

That said, I seem to have gotten myself in trouble for defending a friend who not only refused to defend his own POV (the "mid-table" comment is not mine, not was it my opinion), but decided to shit on me for forum cred. So fuck him.

Also let me state that despite my almost cynical pragmatism, I am actually fucking thrilled by our project and the steps we have taken in the right direction. I'm just not going to get carried away....yet ;)

C'mon it's okay. I'm all for diversity also in personal opinions. This is what a discussion forum is all about. So don't worry about me, keep your opinions and your spirit, I will argue here and there with you and you will argue back. We're still good. Still worrying about Milan in the 1st place 😉.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
When did coutinho go to aston villa 🤣🤣

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
favourite national team in africa or what?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Imagine we had Haller. He’s such a baller. Great link up play, great finisher, tall, great technique. The complete player. Would be a great number 9 for Milan.
you should be a rapper

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
Same bunch who thought Diaz could work as AM , thought last season RW isnt a priority & this season they are thinking CD is more important than AM & RW.
So no , unless Sale pull a 180 like Tona did , he is the definition of an average player.
Saele is an average player. However, he is still young, and he can play so many spots. I would get rid krunic far before Saele tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule