The Rumour Commode XXXVII: Mercato Dyspnea

Next commode name? (can select several options, anonymous voting)

• The Final Meltdown

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Next Week is our Week

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
I just want to see us employ this hyper pressing style. Wouldn't be surprised to see us line up with leao-adli-renato-cdk up front. If we sign Renato and CDK that is. I believe that might be our endgame here.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
How about I disown the fucker?
We made up, I suspected out of fear of your reprisals. If Leon ever makes an account @Neruda is kissing his toes in public

I feel sorry for dragging you into this, but my options felt limitied under such attack

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Why? The fucker doesn’t mention Krunic once.
You just did. And at the same time moved a very important mercato piece.

What about current players, people? Kessie left, Adli appeared, ok. Maldini leaves, CDK appears. Who leaves for Ziyech?

Maybe you, @Milan10 ? I could spare you in the first squad this season. Maybe @Neruda ? On commode loan with option to stay in Kyrgyzistan.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm trying to bring people together. Sharpen the fuck up.

We are on the cusp of an enormous mercato. If we spend 70m this summer with Maldini it will be better than everyone else. Smarter. He is staying to build a winning team. So whatever stress you haven't even been closed to being offered treatment for by @General ? Relax. We are under Paolo Maldini's control.

Winning is going to continue. Hail mary attempt at CL already this season.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lots of English media, pundits, personalities, etc all put out the idea that CR7 has leaked he wants to leave Man Utd, which most of us know, but they say that he would only put this information out there because he knows where he wants to go/the move is already happening.

Do you guys agree with that sentiment?
Nah. I think they could be putting pressure on the club to go after some people. They haven’t landed De Jong and they missed on Darwin.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
But the strategy we adopted is partly due to the hand dealt (uefa sanctions, not having a stadium, not having EPL tv deal). It’s not like we have EPL money but we just chose to be thrifty. Mistakes like Paqueta and Piatek cost us a lot more than Vlasic did for Everton.
I think those early mistakes had a huge impact on how the mercato is done now, including the self-imposed discipline.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I missed a few hours can someone summarize the news for tonight?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I missed a few hours can someone summarize the news for tonight?
Renato back on again
Chelsea posturing to get us to pay more for Ziyech
Botman situation with Cdk except with Leeds

vendetta27

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bierhoff, Kaka', Tonali
View attachment 7174

We're currently at 19 foreigners in the squad. If we sell FBT and Castillejo, and release Bakayoko we can register one new foreigner. We'll need to sell an additional foreigner, or not register someone on this list, in order to get a second new foreigner. I'm not even considering what to do with Ibra.

Adding Messias and keeping Saelemaekers is really messing with the expected quota.

Brk, is there any backup list for Serie A or UCL? If yes, what are the rules?

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If we can't compete financially withwith bottom feeder EPL teams then how do we compete with bigger teams??
Maldini mentioned regular champions league football...but I'm not sure.
We need to increase revenues. Significantly. How? The stadium. Some "brand promotion magic" that hopefully RedBird can bring to us. Enough American owners getting together to put pressure on Serie A so steps are taken to increase revenues. Whatever. It can be done, though it will take time (and patience). Until then, we need to keep going with a more "spendthrift approach".

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

We are on the cusp of an enormous mercato. If we spend 70m this summer with Maldini it will be better than everyone else. Smarter. He is staying to build a winning team. So whatever stress you haven't even been closed to being offered treatment for by @General ? Relax. We are under Paolo Maldini's control.

the state of the commode is healthy and strong

acmHR

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Seedorf, Kaká, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Zlatan
in a dreamland (or FM :-D ) we should get:
- Renato 10M + bonuses (15M total)
- CDK 25M + bonuses (30M total)
- Ziyech 5M loan + 15/20M option
- Tangaga/Diallo loan + option
- Marcelo free transfer

At the same time, get rid of:
- Bakayoko agree loan termination
- Balo Toure loan out or sell
- Messias resell to Monza for capital gain
- Samu sell

If you take into account Romagnoli and Kessie left on a free transfer, with Pobega and Adli coming in, the only position having 4 players fighting for one spot would be AM (CDK, Diaz, Adli, Krunic), although Adli and Krunic would most probably be utilized in multiple roles due to their versatility

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

That’s actually a great line To use when debating other top teams fans. “Maldini can do more with 70m than your director with 200m”

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Same thought.
Even if Pioli is being cautious in press conference, the best position for Adli in this team is AM not CM. It’s just too evident.
People downgrading Brahim to 4th choice I see him as 2nd choice or even starting as 1st because Adli is not that big name to automatically take the spot. Even though Adli is better suited characteristically. I see Brahim starting the season and as long as he does well stay #1. And he is capable of doing well, like he started last season.

Thats said, I see Ziyech and CDK considered for the same role , RW who can also play AM (even though CDK has an extra 19 positions he can play) therefore I only see 1 arriving.
We will start serie a with krunic as AM 100%, adli ziyech cdk can play/start later.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well thats the point.
I never said we should keep those players prisoners , did i ?
I also never said we should give them what they want , did i ?
So thats out of the discussion.
And before the snowflakes jump me with the but but but MM , yeah Milan is better with him but again thats not the point.
And yes many teams are loosing players for free , so again snowflakes keep your pants on because ..... yeah , not the discussion.
The point am making is that we need to sell those players or at least try to because many clubs are able to do so & we need to know how they are doing it.
Keeping them for one or two more years isnt worth loosing 30-40-50mil because like MM showed us , you can replace anyone if you are smart.
Leao can be Messi , i would sell him if he didnt renew than loosing him for free.
In general you are right. There are situations (like Dolla) that are hopeless (Raiola was going to f**k us no matter what). Kabab and Kessie are somewhat similar (the agent decided they could make more money that way), but probably could have ended differently if we sold them sooner. Let's see how it goes with Leao and Benna.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Enough with this players/agent meeting. Milan need to start meeting with the club itself and find an agreement to seal the deal.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It really is interesting how Milan is the only club in Italy with their approach

Pretty much everyone else at the top level goes for established names
Most of my career I have worked at high tech startups. When you go up against established competitors with deep pockets, you cannot play their game or you will lose. You have to find a way to change the game. That's what's happened here. We had to dig ourselves out of the banter era, so we played by different rules.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Donna for me was never Maldini's fault , the hole was dug way before he took over.
He was a hero replacing him with MM.

For Hakan again i say that maybe there wasnt enough time.
Maldini was at fault her not replacing him.

As for Kess then can anyone deny that Kess took MMM for a ride ?
Maldini need to be ruthless & force his sale one year earlier even if its 20mil.
20mil = a Renato or an Enzo.

Next in line are Leao & Ben & if they walk for free then that so lame.
I know we wont be able to sell all those fuckers that wanna act smart , all am asking is that we narrow that number as much as we can.
Yup. It's not like Kessie contributed all that much this last year. Then again, selling Kessie for 20M would have caused serious meltdowns and #elliotout activity (if not here, on Italian sites). "See, there they are selling our best player for a trivial amount."

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Enough with this players/agent meeting. Milan need to start meeting with the club itself and find an agreement to seal the deal.
I can’t believe those bozos haven’t realized this!

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Any news on Sanches?

1fc705cf1add5ee0db88e1c2bcc164a4.gif

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Surely one of Messias/Salad will get flipped this summer for a capital gain. A RW consisting of Ziyech, Messias + Salad is overkill especially considering that CDK, Origi + Florenzi can all play there too.
Flipped or maybe loaned.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
If it’s between Ziyech and Renato, I’d rather we get Renato and move Adli up to AM.

Both would be fantastic but Leao-Adli-CDK AM line is absolutely gorgeous on paper

With Ben/Sandro/RS/TP behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule