The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Problems + Suggestions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=7700)

KujaIX 24-06-2010 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanoMichael (Post 743860)
Fixed. :cry:

I'm still a guy. And i'm also sad that Italy lost.

I'm highly offended at that MM:cry:

drucurl 24-06-2010 21:31

Totally random I know...but why did pussycatdoll get banned :conf:

Sasha 25-06-2010 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by drucurl (Post 743973)
Totally random I know...but why did pussycatdoll get banned :conf:

Troll account.

ww 26-06-2010 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalac#16 (Post 742472)
I'm not interested in hearing about how godly blonde haired Uruguayans defenders are.

Deep inside you are and there's only one godly blondie haired uruguayan defender.

Those racist complaints are bullshit.

Pedro 26-06-2010 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalac#16 (Post 742462)
I'm struggling to understand who annoyed me more, andyhello or our new, slight racist, irritating as fuck South American poster.

The struggling must have stopped by now, right?

Senatore_M84 27-06-2010 01:07

so someone explain why it's ok for mad to make racist remarks????

I mean can i call c4m a fucking spik whore-ess? I think i'd probably get banned. Or cristina/MM a typical daego ?

I mean clearly those aren't bannable either right??'


I don't really give a shit if it's malice or not. But hypocracy of moderation needs to be clarified

Ashish 27-06-2010 02:01

oh yeah i posted 30 line post:eek: on every african team and some one deleted i know i made some bad comments on that mod still :D

Cristina 27-06-2010 02:24

What's up? Can someone link the so called offensive post(s), don't feel like reading through another pointless argument.

Edit: Nevermind, you all fail at helping.

manutd fan 27-06-2010 03:28

Must say debating with Madtherchot can be extremely annoying because he can come accross as a complete dick at times.

Though these days usually I find myself agreeing with him to be fair.

crazy4milan 27-06-2010 04:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 745428)
I mean can i call c4m a fucking spik whore-ess?

No, and as an advice don't even try to call me something close to that ever. Finger snapping, latina mood on.

Senatore_M84 27-06-2010 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy4milan (Post 745551)
No, and as an advice don't even try to call me something close to that ever. Finger snapping, latina mood on.

it's sarcasm (thought that was clear)...... and i will strongly say i'm no racist. I may think i'm better than u for a variety of reasons... but none r because of race ;).


eitherway as my cronie (as most of forum sees you....) you must admit. bitcez needd beez banned.

GreatKalu 27-06-2010 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 745428)
so someone explain why it's ok for mad to make racist remarks????

I mean can i call c4m a fucking spik whore-ess? I think i'd probably get banned. Or cristina/MM a typical daego ?

I mean clearly those aren't bannable either right??'


I don't really give a shit if it's malice or not. But hypocracy of moderation needs to be clarified

Oh shut the hell up, will ya? Only person being a hypocrite is you. I clearly pointed out you having a go at poorer nations in the UCL thread after the whole "ape episode," yet you couldn't bother to respond. You know, people can get offended by other things other than race ... like I dunno, a loud mouth saying he'll punch you in the face; disturbing images of reproductive organ lookalikes; Or how about coming up with an intelligent analysis to explain how/why African players are not intelligent tactically? Why was there no overreaction like there is now? Because it wasn't directed to you/your culture/your compatriots?

That said, I didn't mean it to be racist. I was having a go at the US football team using modern American culture, and not against black people. Or didn't you notice me have a go at the white Americans as well?

That statement wouldn't have any implication to black people outside the US ... in Africa or any other part of the world, which is the majority of black people living today. The only reason why it did have "racist" implications is because of what you Americans perceive for some reason or the other ...

To be honest, I got it from a Dave Chappelle stand up ... so I don't get whats the big deal. I've heard BIG and Tupac rap about it, so why is it only different when I say it?

What if I directed that statement towards Dempsey ... and not Altidore ... wouldn't it have the same meaning? No ... why? Because its the PERCEPTIONS OF AMERICANS ... or in other words, modern American culture ... as its been said in a lot of places by a lot of prominent people ... otherwise, why would so many of you react to it this way?

And that was what I saw having a go at. The US 'soccer' team with regards to your culture and not black people. Don't misinterpret the two ... I think I was quite clearly saying that what I thought of Altidore as a football player, in your (aka Dave Chappelle's) limbo ... and thats about it.

KujaIX 27-06-2010 12:29

+1. Good post mad.

KujaIX 27-06-2010 14:09

The forum is taking an awful long time to do anything at the moment.

crazy4milan 27-06-2010 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by madtherchot (Post 745676)
Oh shut the hell up, will ya? Only person being a hypocrite is you. I clearly pointed out you having a go at poorer nations in the UCL thread after the whole "ape episode," yet you couldn't bother to respond. You know, people can get offended by other things other than race ... like I dunno, a loud mouth saying he'll punch you in the face; disturbing images of reproductive organ lookalikes; Or how about coming up with an intelligent analysis to explain how/why African players are not intelligent tactically? Why was there no overreaction like there is now? Because it wasn't directed to you/your culture/your compatriots?

That said, I didn't mean it to be racist. I was having a go at the US football team using modern American culture, and not against black people. Or didn't you notice me have a go at the white Americans as well?

That statement wouldn't have any implication to black people outside the US ... in Africa or any other part of the world, which is the majority of black people living today. The only reason why it did have "racist" implications is because of what you Americans perceive for some reason or the other ...

To be honest, I got it from a Dave Chappelle stand up ... so I don't get whats the big deal. I've heard BIG and Tupac rap about it, so why is it only different when I say it?

What if I directed that statement towards Dempsey ... and not Altidore ... wouldn't it have the same meaning? No ... why? Because its the PERCEPTIONS OF AMERICANS ... or in other words, modern American culture ... as its been said in a lot of places by a lot of prominent people ... otherwise, why would so many of you react to it this way?

And that was what I saw having a go at. The US 'soccer' team with regards to your culture and not black people. Don't misinterpret the two ... I think I was quite clearly saying that what I thought of Altidore as a football player, in your (aka Dave Chappelle's) limbo ... and thats about it.

Mad, you might be right on what you're saying, however, you have to understand that most of us perceive it as a racial slur, if it's wrong or right, I'm not sure, but it is perceived that way, and I know you're aware of that. It's much better to avoid calling anyone an ape, regardless of their race.

Also, guys, yeah keep on saying it's because I'm biased and whatever, but please, is it possible to say, avoid as much as possible to bring up Ronaldo, Pirlo, Ronaldinho when something unrelated is stated. Seriously, it's getting annoying to have to read about Pirlo in England vs Germany, or about Ronaldo in Pirlo's thread.

manutd fan 27-06-2010 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by madtherchot (Post 745676)
Oh shut the hell up, will ya? Only person being a hypocrite is you. I clearly pointed out you having a go at poorer nations in the UCL thread after the whole "ape episode," yet you couldn't bother to respond. You know, people can get offended by other things other than race ... like I dunno, a loud mouth saying he'll punch you in the face; disturbing images of reproductive organ lookalikes; Or how about coming up with an intelligent analysis to explain how/why African players are not intelligent tactically? Why was there no overreaction like there is now? Because it wasn't directed to you/your culture/your compatriots?

That said, I didn't mean it to be racist. I was having a go at the US football team using modern American culture, and not against black people. Or didn't you notice me have a go at the white Americans as well?

That statement wouldn't have any implication to black people outside the US ... in Africa or any other part of the world, which is the majority of black people living today. The only reason why it did have "racist" implications is because of what you Americans perceive for some reason or the other ...

To be honest, I got it from a Dave Chappelle stand up ... so I don't get whats the big deal. I've heard BIG and Tupac rap about it, so why is it only different when I say it?

What if I directed that statement towards Dempsey ... and not Altidore ... wouldn't it have the same meaning? No ... why? Because its the PERCEPTIONS OF AMERICANS ... or in other words, modern American culture ... as its been said in a lot of places by a lot of prominent people ... otherwise, why would so many of you react to it this way?

And that was what I saw having a go at. The US 'soccer' team with regards to your culture and not black people. Don't misinterpret the two ... I think I was quite clearly saying that what I thought of Altidore as a football player, in your (aka Dave Chappelle's) limbo ... and thats about it.

Agreed. Unfortunately it's even worse here in England. You only need to sneaze within a mile of certain people to be called racist.

SixOneFive 28-06-2010 00:06

What I'm about to show you is one of a few reasons I love Morgan Freeman. Racism wouldn't be such an issue if we'd just stop looking for reasons to make it one. I'm just as mad at Marcello Lippi right now as anyone else, but his quote, "There is only one race, and that is the human race" is worthy of admiration, especially right now. As Morgan Freeman said, "Just stop talking about it."


Senatore_M84 28-06-2010 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixOneFive (Post 746333)
What I'm about to show you is one of a few reasons I love Morgan Freeman. Racism wouldn't be such an issue if we'd just stop looking for reasons to make it one. I'm just as mad at Marcello Lippi right now as anyone else, but his quote, "There is only one race, and that is the human race" is worthy of admiration, especially right now. As Morgan Freeman said, "Just stop talking about it."

as nice a thought as it is. I don't buy the whole 'sweep it under the rug' don't talk about it mentality. Denial is never good IMO, but that isn't what we're talking about.... i just don't think it's appropriate to keep posting 'stupid ape' wich has specific racial undertones to most of the world, not just america because i see posters from south america caribean, asia and europe also comment on it in past.

Nothing wrong with a little sensitivity and respect.

ww 28-06-2010 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixOneFive (Post 746333)
What I'm about to show you is one of a few reasons I love Morgan Freeman. Racism wouldn't be such an issue if we'd just stop looking for reasons to make it one. I'm just as mad at Marcello Lippi right now as anyone else, but his quote, "There is only one race, and that is the human race" is worthy of admiration, especially right now. As Morgan Freeman said, "Just stop talking about it."


And here's why I hate Morgan Freeman, this stupid piece of shit.


Az. 28-06-2010 00:13

Is still going?Common guys the week end has past ,give it a rest.

SixOneFive 28-06-2010 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 746337)
as nice a thought as it is. I don't buy the whole 'sweep it under the rug' don't talk about it mentality.

Denial is never good IMO

I don't think we should "sweep under the rug" or just simply deny it either. However, calling for racial equality and then giving special recognition to minorities at every chance doesn't make much sense. The perceived inferiority complex isn't improving with any of that special recognition, mostly because it implies that those minorities have something to prove, and that's just the thing. They should have NOTHING to prove because we are all inherently equal.

Senatore_M84 28-06-2010 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixOneFive (Post 746343)
I don't think we should "sweep under the rug" or just simply deny it either. However, calling for racial equality and then giving special recognition to minorities at every chance doesn't make much sense. The perceived inferiority complex isn't improving with any of that special recognition, mostly because it implies that those minorities have something to prove, and that's just the thing. They should have NOTHING to prove because we are all inherently equal.

Ok. Well i 100% agree with this.

But that wasn't what argument was bout.... just don't want specific terms used. I don't think it's that big a request. I know Dru and others were offended initially.... A more moderated forum might actually oblige. It has nothing to do with black,white, race, color etc. just certain terms have negative connotation, and probably should not be allowed on public forum. No big deal


whatever if you think I'm off base. I'm in line with what Beemer left this forum saying. There is almost zero moderation, and it's gone beyond funny to just mean. People get more joy out of hating than success. Minute italy goes out 100 posters wanna blast pirlo (who was injured and barely played)? The england v. Germany thread also. I recall when i joined, half those hater posts there would have lead to bans.... ultimately this stuff, just drives level of posting down the gutter......


BTW didn't billy and masster get banned for making racist remarks?

SixOneFive 28-06-2010 00:25

^^I see. lol sorry if I got a little too broad with the subject at hand. I agree with what you said there, though.

Senatore_M84 28-06-2010 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixOneFive (Post 746346)
^^I see. lol sorry if I got a little too broad with the subject at hand. I agree with what you said there, though.

I think we have same views on this stuff. I'm of belief, if we were all like seedorf, we'd have no problems. Unfortunately.... there can only be one clarence. :cry:


But we can all try to be better man like CCS

Cristina 28-06-2010 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 746348)
I'm of belief, if we were all like seedorf, we'd have no problems. Unfortunately.... there can only be one clarence. :cry:

Exactly. This is why nobody should complain when moderators make mistakes. :tongue:

Not that we do.

And I have no idea what this conversation is about.

GreatKalu 28-06-2010 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy4milan (Post 746269)
Mad, you might be right on what you're saying, however, you have to understand that most of us perceive it as a racial slur, if it's wrong or right, I'm not sure, but it is perceived that way, and I know you're aware of that. It's much better to avoid calling anyone an ape, regardless of their race.

I made a public apology and refrained from calling anyone an ape since the whole "ape saga" in the UCL thread. The reason why I've been brought to the racist court this time is for another statement altogether. Nevertheless, I'll try my best not to say anything that has racial implications.

I guess you could say I've been brought up in a society thats fairly open with regards to racism ... if you can call it that. Southern Africa is perhaps the most diverse part of the world - we're not full of immigrants who married their way into citizenship ... we have different types of people who've been there for generations due to the British, Protuguese and Dutch influences (Belgian as well), and the consequences of the slave trade they brought with them. There are specific terms for even mixes of two specific types of races, for example. So keeping it locked in safe is never going to happen because its unrealistic ... most people have come to accept them, and the smart ones aren't really offended by them.

All I'm saying is that if you think this is racism, then you have no idea. I'm sure people are well aware of what happened in Zimbabwe ... something I'm not really proud of.

That said, regarding my latest statement, I have an honest question for the anti-racist police ... and please bare with me: I am going to separate people according to their skin color, which I myself think is racist, but try to look beyond it and get the message/point. This, IMO, is real talk regarding racism ...

I notice that most of them are white guys (except dru of course, as we all know :D ) but why does it offend them so much? Much more than the other people of color on the board? Why do they feel the need to go the extra mile in order to defend or help people of color from such statements? As a person of color, and here I am aware that I speak for myself, I will say that I can take care of myself - thank you very much. I do not need your help or protection from comments that will barely affect me at the end of the day.

And I'm not only singling out the posters on this board ... I'm talking about a lot of white people, especially in the media, who the way I see it, try to make themselves feel better about themselves by fighting against supposedly racist comments ... as a means of helping out the victimized minorities in the Western World.

If they really want to be of help to us, then why not sort out the credit crunch, which in effect, they mostly created? Or how about try to give us equal opportunities in order to improve our well-being? Maybe then Dave Chappelle wouldn't be making such jokes, or Tupac and Biggie wouldn't be rapping about these things ...

I mean, all this bickering about racism has gotten to the point that its arguably the primary reason why Obama is president, and at the end of the day, he isn't so much different from his predecessor now ... is he?

Rant over. Peace, love and understanding <3 henceforth.

Fiero 28-06-2010 21:06

Problem: Gaizka rarely posts.

Suggestion: Every member is required to pay 100$/year, this way Gaizka can quit his job and focus on enlightening us with his great wisdom. Since I came up with the suggesstion, I don't get to pay of course. :tongue:

Ashish 30-06-2010 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by madtherchot (Post 746499)
I made a public apology and refrained from calling anyone an ape since the whole "ape saga" in the UCL thread. The reason why I've been brought to the racist court this time is for another statement altogether. Nevertheless, I'll try my best not to say anything that has racial implications.

I guess you could say I've been brought up in a society thats fairly open with regards to racism ... if you can call it that. Southern Africa is perhaps the most diverse part of the world - we're not full of immigrants who married their way into citizenship ... we have different types of people who've been there for generations due to the British, Protuguese and Dutch influences (Belgian as well), and the consequences of the slave trade they brought with them. There are specific terms for even mixes of two specific types of races, for example. So keeping it locked in safe is never going to happen because its unrealistic ... most people have come to accept them, and the smart ones aren't really offended by them.

All I'm saying is that if you think this is racism, then you have no idea. I'm sure people are well aware of what happened in Zimbabwe ... something I'm not really proud of.

That said, regarding my latest statement, I have an honest question for the anti-racist police ... and please bare with me: I am going to separate people according to their skin color, which I myself think is racist, but try to look beyond it and get the message/point. This, IMO, is real talk regarding racism ...

I notice that most of them are white guys (except dru of course, as we all know :D ) but why does it offend them so much? Much more than the other people of color on the board? Why do they feel the need to go the extra mile in order to defend or help people of color from such statements? As a person of color, and here I am aware that I speak for myself, I will say that I can take care of myself - thank you very much. I do not need your help or protection from comments that will barely affect me at the end of the day.

And I'm not only singling out the posters on this board ... I'm talking about a lot of white people, especially in the media, who the way I see it, try to make themselves feel better about themselves by fighting against supposedly racist comments ... as a means of helping out the victimized minorities in the Western World.

If they really want to be of help to us, then why not sort out the credit crunch, which in effect, they mostly created? Or how about try to give us equal opportunities in order to improve our well-being? Maybe then Dave Chappelle wouldn't be making such jokes, or Tupac and Biggie wouldn't be rapping about these things ...

I mean, all this bickering about racism has gotten to the point that its arguably the primary reason why Obama is president, and at the end of the day, he isn't so much different from his predecessor now ... is he?

Rant over. Peace, love and understanding <3 henceforth.

great post :star:
Point is when can we differentiate from joke and true hate? So we try to nip it in the bud or lets go into full fledge discussion which might end up in slugfest and hate related post.

we need a different thread for similar shit
I am from a country where i rarely see blacks and whites, but i must say after leaving my country my perceptions have changed my fear of unknown has reduced but I almost piss in my pants when i stand in downtown on a friday night :D call me a pussy or prejudiced

Sasha 30-06-2010 05:19

A lot of the complaining is coming from American posters because racism in the USA is treated the same way the Holocaust is in Germany. Ignore ignore ignore get offended when it rears its ugly head Ignore Ignore.

Ali Daei 30-06-2010 05:27

Too be honest I didn't get mad at the whole Altidore comment
More or so the US pricks comment Mad made. I just thought it was rude and was not needed.
Ghifola took it to far and got butt hurt.

Sod-Lod 30-06-2010 11:39

Jasper and Admins, I'm still waiting to do something on "Ask Sod_Lod Thread"; I will not quit as it is my right here, and your decision based on incorrect concepts and bias way.

This is unjustifiable, hope you realize that, I'm ready for any open debate to settle this issue.

Jasper 30-06-2010 11:47

I'm not going to change the name of the therad where people ask you stuff and you answer. Just like Fierouk pointed out it would make a precedent to change every post where a(ny) name is mentioned.

When you started answering the questions you gave the name to the thread. Too late to cry foul now. Also this is my last opinion on the matter. I've already gone through depths with it and couldn't care. If you can convince someone to change it I'm fine with it.

Sod-Lod 30-06-2010 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper (Post 747893)
I'm not going to change the name of the therad where people ask you stuff and you answer. Just like Fierouk pointed out it would make a precedent to change every post where a(ny) name is mentioned.

When you started answering the questions you gave the name to the thread. Too late to cry foul now. Also this is my last opinion on the matter. I've already gone through depths with it and couldn't care. If you can convince someone to change it I'm fine with it.

Wrong Jasper, I'm not the one who named the thread, M84 is the one who created it not me, I welcomed the idea as long as it handle the right questions not the BS fouling ones which i clearly un-welcomed them.

I was told the Mod if the Non-respectable questions and the bad behaves continue then it is better to close the thread or merge with other or change the name.

I do not know who is "Fierouk" and what was his issue with the people and don't care for.

I clearly informed and warned the mods that I would like to shut down the thread if the BS continue, you can check up "Problems + Suggestions" and find the post.

You have no reason for not changing the name of the thread, people can find the post by the search tools as this forum supply it to the users.

I will not accept bad topics run under my name, and it is my right.

I convinced one of the Mod "Cristina" to change it, and she is the one who guaranteed to me the safe of give the chance for the people to continue post on, you can simply ask her or search on "Problems + Suggestions".

I'm asking for a logical solution not a try to affect or disrespect any of the members here, or miss with the system in this forum, and you know that well.

I demand for fair reaction as it is really not rocket science to deal with.

MilanMB 30-06-2010 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 (Post 733386)
I've seen this on other forums...

Can we have a Milan History Sub Forum. A place were Sacchi, Baresi, Ancelotti, Rui Costa threads could go or other historical topics in 2003 champions league and whatnot

I want to bump this again. I think it is a great idea to have a Milan History Sub Forum.

Cristina 30-06-2010 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sod-Lod (Post 747898)
I convinced one of the Mod "Cristina" to change it, and she is the one who guaranteed to me the safe of give the chance for the people to continue post on, you can simply ask her or search on "Problems + Suggestions".

Umm, when did I say I would change the name of the thread? I only remember saying it would be closed, and it's closed.

Senatore_M84 30-06-2010 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanMB (Post 747999)
I want to bump this again. I think it is a great idea to have a Milan History Sub Forum.

We need atleast one subforum of positivity! History Sub-forum, and then we can move threads of all our ex-players etc.

Sod-Lod 30-06-2010 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cristina (Post 748010)
Umm, when did I say I would change the name of the thread? I only remember saying it would be closed, and it's closed.

In your last PM when you mentioned it about the Mods voting.

Cristina 30-06-2010 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sod-Lod (Post 748017)
In your last PM when you mentioned it about the Mods voting.

I just said the mods agreed that the thread shouldn't be renamed (one of which was me).

Sod-Lod 30-06-2010 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cristina (Post 748025)
I just said the mods agreed that the thread shouldn't be renamed (one of which was me).

So you do not agree to change the Thread name, just because you don't want after all the explanations that I mentioned to you; this is really unjustifiable now!

Edit: You didn't said that you are one of who vote against it; for your information.

Those are some of your General rules that agreed with my request directly and perfictly:

Offensive Language
Do not use it by any means! You could make your point without the extensive use of insulting words.

Respect
Respect other members' opinions and they'll respect yours. If a member insults you, don't answer back but report it to the appropriate moderator or administrator. Treat the others the way you want to be treated. Threads containing personal attacks will be closed or deleted. Offenders will be warned and action may be taken against them.

Moderators & Adminstrators
The authority of the moderators and the administrators should be recognised by any of the members. The moderators and administrators are here to make sure you have a quality time and they have the last word in a debate.

Fiero 30-06-2010 18:35

Soddy, I really think you should drop it. I think it's not your fault that everyone messed around with the thread, but you can't really do anything about it. You played along at first, you can't just ask the mods do delete a part of the forum history. People took time and effort out of their lives to create those posts, and you responded and gave us some great knowledge in there. As long as these posts didn't contain anything related to religion, politics, nudity, or insults (at each other), then you can't ask the mods to delete them.

It's not like it's your real name anyway. ;) Just chill out man. I know you'd rather have it deleted, but you don't always get what you want man. The thread got closed, it's history now... time to get over it buddy.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:33.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.