The Red & Black Forums

The Red & Black Forums (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php)
-   Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Problems + Suggestions (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=7700)

Ashish 30-09-2012 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zafira (Post 1511727)
We should have a religion thread.

Ban this person totally unworthy recruit

Zafira 30-09-2012 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashish (Post 1511778)
Ban this person totally unworthy recruit

The funny guy should reply this with one them gifs that has black people making ridiculous faces

Ashish 30-09-2012 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zafira (Post 1511780)
The funny guy should reply this with one them gifs that has black people making ridiculous faces

You have problem with brothers?
hammer this person obvious troll from stone age..

Lionheart 30-09-2012 17:40

It's embarrassing seeing Kuja begging to be a mod :head:.

KujaIX 30-09-2012 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanMB (Post 1511776)
no one's denying that fredrik trolled a lot, not even fredrik would deny that. but you're worst, when it comes to the ibra drama.

No way.

Your love for Fredrik blinds you.

There was no way that I outtrolled Fredrik there. I pretty much stopped for his last year and before that I wasn't close to Fredrik anyway.

KujaIX 30-09-2012 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ☆Lionheart☆ (Post 1511784)
It's embarrassing seeing Kuja begging to be a mod :head:.

What?

Where did that happen?

I just said that your ban was justified which... is true.

Lionheart 30-09-2012 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1511786)
What?

Where did that happen?

I just said that your ban was justified which... is true.

It's not just one instance but many.

Zafira 30-09-2012 17:45

Ok can we at least have a conspiracy theory thread.

Ashish 30-09-2012 17:46

I will personally make sure religion thread doesn't start over here, I guarantee that and I am serious about it , these newbies and wannabe mods should get lost

Zafira needs an ip check

Zafira 30-09-2012 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashish (Post 1511789)
I will personally make sure religion thread doesn't start over here, I guarantee that and I am serious about it , these newbies and wannabe mods should get lost

Zafira needs an ip check

what do you mean by ip?

KujaIX 30-09-2012 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zafira (Post 1511790)
what do you mean by ip?

Asian subcontinent slang for penis.

Ashish 30-09-2012 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1511792)

:lol::thumbsup:

:lol: gold

crazy4milan 30-09-2012 17:50

Football alone is a pretty polarizing thing that causes a lot of heated discussions, why the fuck add religion to it? It's just going to be chaotic and everyone here knows it.

Go find a theology forum to discuss religion.

Zafira 30-09-2012 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by KujaIX (Post 1511792)

I've been there there's only one slang for penis and it's Kuja

Marcus 30-09-2012 17:57

I've been meaning to write a long post in this thread for quite some time, but never got round to it. Considering the last couple of discussions on this thread, now's a good time to do it.

One of the often talked about points is about who is mod, what do they do, who should be etc. Being a mod myself, there are a few misconceptions which I'd like to clear up.

First is what does a moderator do (at least on this forum). The answer to that is quite simple - read a lot of posts, everyday. While I've personally never been among the most often active members when it comes to post count, I do visit the forum daily and read a lot of the posts posted since my last login. Which is why myself (and I suspect a lot of the other mods) don't really post much, and can sometimes go days without a single post. That doesn't mean we're not here, or not reading the threads, or anything. It's just that even if you want to make a point, more often than not other people have already brought it up, so it's redundant to post the same. Since posts are usually news and comments on news, that makes obvious sense.

Second things is, what actual power do the mods have. While in theory, my account has set it's posting privileges (what can an account do) pretty high, the only time I use bans, delete posts or anything a normal user can't is when there's absolute certainty that it's the right thing. For example, if a bot is to post spam in every thread, I'd ban on sight and delete the posts. But if a member posts something which could be taken offensively, I post in the moderator subforum where I raise the issue and my suggestion about what's to be done. That's pretty much it.

Most of the discussion comes from reported posts which we are all notified about by email. It helps a lot in moderating, and is a sure fire way that a mod will look at it asap and raise the issue. Just make sure that the things you report are worth reporting as it can amount to spamming us if you make a lot of untrue reports - that's not nice. And would get you banned. :)

Another thing is the issue of non-Milan fans being mods. As I've previously explained, the thing that's most important when it comes to selecting a mod is being a good poster, being able to offer a valid opinion on a something which is subject to moderation, time zone (something few people think of, it's not a necessity, but is useful), free time to read the forum and in the end, the opinion on the person by the forumers, David and the rest of the "Forum Leaders" (for lack of better term, I use the one the forum uses for the group of mods and admins.

At the moment, and this is my opinion, we have enough people to keep the discussion civil and enjoyable, which is what a mod is supposed to do. The less visible our actions are, the better. Working on the presumption that this is mature people we're dealing with, we actually tend to be quite lenient and flexible when it comes to moderating. When we ban people, it's usually an extreme case, and we're all in agreement. Not a single regular member has been banned by a mod on a whim. It's a couple pages long discussion, and we're all in agreement. If you do get banned, it's because the all mods and David are in agreement. We try to look from different aspects, which is why there's quite a few of us, and we're quite diverse in a lot of ways.

There are a few other things I can talk about, but this post is huge as it is. If anyone wants to ask any questions in general about moderation or anything, I'd gladly answer. Just don't ask me to discuss specific cases of bans, as there's a thread for that, and I'd personally avoid that type of discussion. So, that's that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zafira (Post 1511727)
We should have a religion thread.

No, we really shouldn't. This is a football forum first and foremost. Football is a global thing, with people of all creeds and races sharing an interest and passion. Which is why I love this forum as it's a place to do just that - share. Now, religion is a topic which can and should be discussed at length. I myself absolutely adore theological discussions. I've read the holy books of the major religions, and consider it among my personal interests. However, there are other places to discuss religion on the internet. There's forums, there's social networks etc. This is not the place. For example, while sex is an absolutely valid topic to talk about, you wouldn't really discuss it in a temple, no matter the religion. It's just not the place.

This is a football forum, and while there's a social aspect of it, it's best that a personal thing like religion, with wide differing views on the subject, be left out. That's not to say if you want to discuss something with someone in particular there's nothing stopping you - exchange skype contacts and chat for the rest of eternity if you want.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Zafira 30-09-2012 18:00

Marcus I agree with you I think our mods are doing a great job thank you for your time.

Ashish 30-09-2012 18:04

So when are banning zafira and making kalac a mod..:conf:

Good post marcus .. truly I am with wild who the fuck want to be a mod they are all biased tyrants.. Look at c4m she is a doll since she left/quit/got fired from that position

Zafira 30-09-2012 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashish (Post 1511807)

Good post marcus .. truly I am with wild who the fuck want to be a mod they are all biased tyrants.. Look at c4m she is a doll since she left/quit/got fired from that position

Why should I get banned? what's your problem man

Kalac#16 30-09-2012 18:41

Quote:

I wasn't aware this was a thing but I like it :cool:
Quote:

I'd love to be a corrupt tyrant. Make it happen

crazy4milan 30-09-2012 19:39

Quote:

I've always been sweet :), only reason for you to not like me is your anarchist ways.

Being a tyrant is cool though, anyone that has been has enjoyed it.