Alessandro Nesta Thread

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Not impressed :o
....the article says that he'll return to ITALY not playing on Jan 14th.....who knows how long the rehab will be from then on.....Also Nesta just returning from injury over the years is probably on the level of Favalli for the first three games before becoming the defensive colossus we all know.....I don't expect the real Nesta to surface before March.....when we're on the homestretch of our campaign.

zank

CREDIAMO18
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FB6-PM3-AN13-GG8-R70-ZI11-NEXT
sandroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......

imissu
1.gif
s_sm_maho.gif

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
drucurl said:
....the article says that he'll return to ITALY not playing on Jan 14th.....who knows how long the rehab will be from then on.....Also Nesta just returning from injury over the years is probably on the level of Favalli for the first three games before becoming the defensive colossus we all know.....I don't expect the real Nesta to surface before March.....when we're on the homestretch of our campaign.

I agree. It will be only his arrival to Italy. Only God knows when he will be playing this season. But a bit optimistic wouldnt kill though. At least he is soon will be back to Italy.. imagine if he is still stuck in US and he just needs times to recovery after that, still a good news ^^

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
I absolutely love Nesta. I think i'm gay for him.

I read that he was coming back as i was surfing the net during a meeting today and nearly jumped out of my seat.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
drucurl said:
Actually Favallinho has been pretty good this year. If Nesta returns and starts playing like him I'll be impressed. :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
drucurl said:

i agree w dru. If he was going to be ready by the 14th we'd make no bid at a CB.... I dont think he'll be match fit till mid february IF WERE LUCKY. Back injuries r awful, I doubt we'll see him more than 5 matches this year....

i can only imagine first time theres a corner and some goon like materazzi knees him in the back.

you guys have to know, we wouldnt look at any cb's if they were even 50% sure nesta would be back and capable soon

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Great news at least Sandro is positive. The sooner we get him back the better.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Boban1982 said:
Great news at least Sandro is positive
When sliced up and change the name to girl's, it will sound like someone's pregnant :D

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
He sounds way more positive which is good news. We still have to cross fingers that if he comes back, he comes back at least at his 80% (I'm not as positive about him comming back at his best, considering his age and all the injuries through his career, your body just starts to not respond the same way).

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Happy to hear he is trying to overcome his problems, but I'm far from optimistic that he will be able to come back and consistently play at the top level. Maybe he should just call it a day or leave Milan. Like this, the only thing that happens is Galliani counting him as an active player and believing Milan don't need a worldclass defender because 'we got Nesta, he's coming back'.:head:

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
forza Sandro

hope Nesta makes it back

a 75% Nesta is better than all our current defenders

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Nesta should take his time and come back when he's fully fit. And yes, I'd put him directly into the starting XI because he simply is THAT GOOD. Remember in 06-07? Made his first appearance after a long time out against Roma, and was easily our best defender. His next game, I believe, was against Bayern, and I remember him easily out-pacing Makay to a ball.

Difference is, he's a professional ... ;)

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Nesta should take his time and come back when he's fully fit. And yes, I'd put him directly into the starting XI because he simply is THAT GOOD. Remember in 06-07? Made his first appearance after a long time out against Roma, and was easily our best defender. His next game, I believe, was against Bayern, and I remember him easily out-pacing Makay to a ball.

Difference is, he's a professional ... ;)
Wow, he outpaced Makaay, the speeding bullet.:rolleyes: Played great against Roma, Bayern, and... ?

Sigh, here we go again. Nesta IS THAT GOOD. In fact, he is the best defender out there when fit. Yes, he is a professional, although there isn't much use of it when you have chronic back injury. Every player that earns his wages from playing football is a professional and thus does everything he can to return when injured. The problem is sometimes no matter how professional you are, there's as much you can do when youre injury prone.

I'd be more than happy to have Nesta in the squad and wait for him to return from injury, if Galliani stopped lying everybody including himself that because of Nesta's pending recovery Milan don't need a worldclass centreback. But since it isn't so, I want him to move on and wish him all the best. After all, he is getting paid for doing nothing for a long time.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
He isn't doing nothing. He's working at getting himself back on the pitch, as reports suggests. Unlike your fancy's visits to the lesser sites of towns ...

One's a professional ... the other, a fat ***.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ok guys. Stop provoking.
Guys?

Nesta is doing NOTHING to help Milan on the pitch for months. You can say fat *** a thousand times if you like, it wont change a thing.

Last edited:

Erik77

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo,Nesta,Kaka,Pato,Maldini,De Rossi,Ba,
Even if he is going to play 10 games in season,even then he is worth all of his wages.Because then we can be sure that everything is safe at back

Grande Pirlo

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Ambro, Maldini, Baresi, Albertini, Van Basten etc.
Long live the general! I truly miss him, he makes defending an artform, not many defenders does that nowadays. I think that Maldini, Baresi etc. have to start a school in central defending. Teaching the arts of it and the tactics.

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Long live the general! I truly miss him, he makes defending an artform, not many defenders does that nowadays. I think that Maldini, Baresi etc. have to start a school in central defending. Teaching the arts of it and the tactics.

Just imagine all od them teaching Silva! I hope he really will turn into a world class CB next year and with Nesta alongside, we can finally have a very strong and reliable CB pair!

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Don`t fool yourselves people. Other players might learn something from Maldini and Nesta,but not much (they just have to have it in their genes or whatever).
Just look at Kaladze,he`s been here for a very long time and he`s just getting worse as the time goes by. (Maybe he`s just extra dumb,but I don`t think that`s the case).

Grande Pirlo

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Ambro, Maldini, Baresi, Albertini, Van Basten etc.
Don`t fool yourselves people. Other players might learn something from Maldini and Nesta,but not much (they just have to have it in their genes or whatever).
Just look at Kaladze,he`s been here for a very long time and he`s just getting worse as the time goes by. (Maybe he`s just extra dumb,but I don`t think that`s the case).
I think that his problem is that he didn't get their knowledge from the start, so he still has his "old style" of playing and acting on the field. Hehe, can't deny I was really pissed off when the bastard got the ball on his hand/arm three games in a row with one giving away a penalty and the other free kick in a dangerous spot outside the penalty area.

jigaromilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaladze - Shevchenko - Kaka - Nesta - Maldini
You are so stupid

Schedule