Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Fair. Though it shows how fucking stupid and inconsistant UEFA are considering Drogba got a 6 match man for shouting at the ref and saying "it's a fucking disgrace".

Apparently Collina (the ref) was on the panel.
Fair? You must be joking. Where is the ban for Joe Jordan? Or a fucken fine? Why did no one see what Bassong did?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Fair. Though it shows how fucking stupid and inconsistant UEFA are considering Drogba got a 6 match man for shouting at the ref and saying "it's a fucking disgrace".

Apparently Collina (the ref) was on the panel.
Apparently Collina is a ref designator for UEFA. (and he has confessed to be a Lazio supporter)

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
And Joe Jordan is punished in no way?

Didier's right

drogba.jpg

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Apparently Collina is a ref designator for UEFA. (and he has confessed to be a Lazio supporter)

I thought he supported Bologna...

Guess that makes the Drogba ban more understandable. Referee's seem to look out for each other.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
LOL english cricket commentators > football ass holes

Alan Wilkins :proud: but he is from wales
some are nut jobs like boycott, tony but overall they are great people. how the fuck are these epl bastards are getting paid for this useless shit :eek:

Sky sports is a shite channel, ESPN every single day and twice on game day except when brtish commentary is aired

arabic, chinese, italian, spanish,portugese >>>english commentary

I cant understand them still i know :o

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Gattuso should be back in the second round of the semifinals. Great, we will have him in the finals. :proud:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
For those involved - check the latest version of Rino's piece. I want it up ASAP so we need to check through all typos and such. :)

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
Gattuso should be back in the second round of the semifinals. :

No, he's suspended against Tottenham for the cards, and then the next 4 games for this. So he'll be back in the final.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
For those involved - check the latest version of Rino's piece. I want it up ASAP so we need to check through all typos and such. :)

Where is this piece?

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
No, he's suspended against Tottenham for the cards, and then the next 4 games for this. So he'll be back in the final.

Oh yeah. Well, the worst nightmare you can get is returning in the final. :D

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Monday 21 February, 2011 Gattuso won’t appeal ‘excessive’ ban

Gennaro Gattuso’s agent believes UEFA have over-reacted by handing his client a four-match ban for his clash with Joe Jordan.

Already suspended for the return Champions League tie at Tottenham, Gattuso will now miss Milan’s next five European matches in total after today’s ruling.

“UEFA’s punishment seems excessive to me because Gattuso immediately apologised, given that he knew he exaggerated,” Andrea D’Amico told TMW.

“Nobody though has said a word about the indecent accusations labelled at Gattuso after the incident and during the game.

“He was defined as a dog to a Mafioso. This is unacceptable yet nobody has said anything about it…”

Milan have three days to appeal against the decision, but D’Amico claims that the Italian midfielder and his club will accept his punishment.

“Gennaro is a man and keeps his word,” he added. “He said he wouldn’t appeal against the suspension after the sentence and that will be the case.”

Milan have now confirmed that they won't appeal.

MonsterKane

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo RuiCosta Cafu Balakov Seedorf Nesta VanBommel Gattuso Redondo Baresi Maldini Shevchenko Kahn
Where's the punishment for Jordan?

In any case: UEFA = money-grubbing sons of bitches mainly since Platini's presidency
They lifted prices for the Champions League final tickets and they also supported the FIFA in their purpose to broadcast the big tournaments (World Cup, European Championship) only through pay TV.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
UEFA or FIFA dont have any power over La Liga you nuthead :rolleyes:

Yes, that's why I wrote UEFA are pussies. I meant they should follow the spanish example of just ignoring much more violent conduct.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
5 matches are nothing compared to what Gatu achieved in that incident.
You see Jordan crossed the lines & our captain told him he should never cross the fuckin line , its his duty.
After the game he went again to check if he got it clear.
Thank you captain...........

TheoLeo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
IMO, Gattuso punishment is fair. 1 match for yellow + 4 matches for unsportman conduct. Obviously UEFA took in consideration that he was provoked, coz for what he did UEFA rule says min 6 games suspession!

Milan is not going to appeal, so now it's over and I hope Gattuso has learned the lesson.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
IMO, Gattuso punishment is fair. 1 match for yellow + 4 matches for unsportman conduct. Obviously UEFA took in consideration that he was provoked, coz for what he did UEFA rule says min 6 games suspession!

Milan is not going to appeal, so now it's over and I hope Gattuso has learned the lesson.

gattuso learning lessons...lol. what lessons? refer to Wild's post.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
goddamn uefa and fucking jube thief platini. i won't say anything about tottenham and their owners cause i'm gonna get banned.

TheoLeo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
gattuso learning lessons...lol. what lessons? refer to Wild's post.

:)

Yes, that's why I said ....."I hope..."
For Gattuso to calm down is quite impossible, he would lose his main qualities,
passion, determination, sacrifice......etc.

But, having in mind he got only 4 games ban for what he did, should be a lesson itself. Next time the punishment would be drastic!
So please Gennaro, be very very careful, coz we all love you!

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
i 100% fully believe and can see Milan in the champions league final this year. Just think of the bragging opportunities for Milan and for Rino if we won it..oh man dat would be SICK

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
5 match ban is too long for me, I'll miss him. Imo it's too much, Rino even apologised immediately after the game. Also he wasn't the only one doing something against the rules, that fucking Jordan did too and yet he got no punishment, fuck EPL teams and UEFA. :mad:
We'll need to reach the final so that Rino can play again in CL this season, I hope we get there even if it will be very hard, but we'll try it for him.

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
Banned Ringhio deserves respect

Now that Gennaro Gattuso has been handed a four-match ban by UEFA following his spat with Joe Jordan, there will be those who believe justice has been done.

Gattuso’s suspension, plus the additional one-match ban that he was due to serve for his booking during the first leg of the Tottenham tie, means he will be out for five European matches – but could theoretically feature in the Wembley Final were Milan to go all the way. Listening to what some had to say the punishment should have been even heavier than that, while both the player and his agent believe the sentence was excessive.

One thing is for sure, Gattuso’s behaviour as a player and most importantly as a captain of Milan was out of order and the Italy international fully deserves to pay for it. There is no excuse, whatsoever, for what Ringhio did on that infamous Tuesday night at San Siro.

That said the portrait made of Gattuso by the English media is unacceptable and blatantly bias. A night of madness cannot erase what the Rossoneri midfielder really is – he’s no caveman, he’s one of the most honourable players in the game. Those who know Ringhio personally, but also the majority of his national and international rivals, can confirm that Gattuso is one of the fairest players in today’s game despite his role of midfield pit-bull.

He is no villain nor Mafioso and he is not the dirty player he was made out to be. With only one red card in 104 European matches and one yellow card every three games, his record speaks louder than accusations and stereotypes.

Ringhio made a mistake and is ready to pay for it without appealing against the UEFA decision. His head-butt on Jordan was perhaps the ugliest episode in his entire career. But talking about head-butts, it is difficult not to compare the Gattuso-Jordan clash with the Zinedine Zidane-Marco Materazzi confrontation.

The retiring French star was only given a three-match ban for his mistake in the 2006 World Cup Final. And unlike Gattuso, almost five years after the incident, Zizou is yet to apologise for his actions. Furthermore, Zidane was quickly forgiven in the name of his immense talent while Materazzi inexplicably became the culprit. Even more shockingly the Italian defender was banned for two games and fined after being found guilty of provoking Zidane.

Lo Squalo Jordan smoothly escaped similar punishment and may be a harder man than Gattuso, as he was grotesquely described, but he was undoubtedly involved in provoking the player’s anger. Following the final whistle, Gattuso, who played the second half with a deep cut to his knee which needed 12 stitches, shook hands with Harry Redknapp and was about to talk to Jordan when he inexplicably went mental again.

Whatever was said by Jordan during and after the match does not justify Gattuso’s reaction though. As a captain and a veteran Ringhio should have known better. But what does that make of Jordan, an ex-Milan player, who returns to San Siro to allegedly abuse the captain of his former team?

It wasn’t really a class act from an old man and a Coach, not even if you compare it to the foolish reaction of a young-ish player. Jordan should have treated the Rossoneri player with respect, also considering that his achievements as a footballer are peanuts compared to Gattuso’s glorious career.

Regardless of who is the most successful and who would have the better in a potential ring fight, it has to be said that both men didn’t look good on the night. Gattuso, though, is the only one suffering the consequences even if one bad day at the office will not overshadow the fact that he is and always will be a calcio and Milan legend.

http://www.football-italia.net/blogs/si128.html

:star:

Very good article by Serafino Ingardia.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Mine/ours is 10 times better :o

Who had this 'No problem' sig in honour of Gattuso?

Can't wait to read it. Gattuso deserves our respect and support.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
What an incredible piece of journalism!! Thank you Football-italia!!!

Schedule