Brazilian Football Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Hopefully Pato will talk the santos boys into joining Milan... :D

question:

what type of manager is the new selecao coach? the dunga type or does he like the samba football? I really miss the old brazil.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
I don't like Henrique at all. I hate those defenders who get flattered because don't have balls enough to make fouls. It's awful how in Brazil everyone mistread players like Ronaldão and suck the dicks of players like Gamarra.

If Ambrosini was brazilian, he would probably be playing at Serie B because no one would give a shit about him,

One reason that Juventus have to be proud is the defenders they had this decade. Cannavaro, Thuram, Montero and Iuliano. Sure I always cheered against Juventus but I always thought "shit, it's just great to see these defenders destroying their adversaries".

My gremista friend said that Carlos Eduardo was used as MC in some games last season and did well. I didn't know he could perform like that either.

i undestand.. you like scary faces.. you're libertadores kinda of guy. :)

i am more UCL kinda of guy. rss

thx ac milan, thx menezes.

now when hernanes, ganso & neymar are in brazil NT, we wont get anyone of them...:mad:

btw, when are brazil friendlies??

i think august 10.

question:

what type of manager is the new selecao coach? the dunga type or does he like the samba football? I really miss the old brazil.

usually his teams are very balanced.. with a good defense.. a maestro he likes that.. and strong players with good pass on the middle.

He is very very different of dunga.. he is a coach.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

question:

Mano was already called a defensivist for several times because brazilians hate defending. I honestly don't think he's much less defensivist than Dunga.

Mano will likely try to put the whole team to attack because now everyone think Dunga is bad. He's for sure being pushed to Joga Bonito and this kind of shit.

I don't know what's so wrong with Dunga. He lost 1 game against a diver Holland and a bad referee.

You also gotta understand the difference between sambas.

Zico, Kaká, Ganso, Falcão, Ronaldo, Romário... this samba.

Robinho, Denílson, Neymar and gringo's rip offs like Cristiano Ronaldo and Quaresma, this "samba".

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
the thing about it was they played almost 4-2-2-2 as 4-4-2, 4 Central midfielders mostly, but all attacked and defended.... it wouldn't be like brazil 2006 where ronaldinho and kaka are not true midfielders.... Spain did it with xavi, iniesta and then DM's were xabi alonso, busquets which however lined up, still provided 4 true midfielders who would defend.

For me only differencer between the 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 was torres v. pedro (navas). When he played Torres, Villa played off of torres almost linking midfield. When he had villa as target man, pedro (or navas) more or less took role of second striker/psuedo winger. Tactically it wasn't THAT different, just players were different. The 4-4-2 w/ torres always looked more dangerous, cause as terrible as he was villa got himself into a million more goal scoring opportunities, where as when he was target man he was often non-existent and as we know, spains midfielders love to dwell on ball but rarely shoot. The tactic was brilliant for controlling game, they just weren't aggressive on shooting which i think was more to do with personnel as xavi, iniesta are not big time shooters (comparatively to other AMs)

Well, tatical formations are always open to different interpretations. But in my view Spain played 4-2-3-1 all the WC. When Torres was in the field, Villa was playing wide on the left. And Iniesta always open on the other side, yet tracking back more and coming to the center a lot. They switched sides a lot too. When Torres left the field, Navas or Pedro come to the RM or LM and Iniesta to the other side, and again, switching positions a lot. The difference is very thiny anyway.

BTW Mano said today that the 4-2-3-1 is his favorite formation, and the one he might use in Seleção. When a journalist asked about the 4-3-3 he used at Corinthians, he said it was not 4-3-3, but 4-2-3-1. So he will problably try it at first.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
BTW Mano said today that the 4-2-3-1 is his favorite formation, and the one he might use in Seleção. When a journalist asked about the 4-3-3 he used at Corinthians, he said it was not 4-3-3, but 4-2-3-1. So he will problably try it at first.

well like you said, it's open to interpretation and players make difference. Like you aid villa at LW will always be more of forward.... and iniesta at RW will always be more midfield

so if u play 4-2-3-1 with robinho at LW for example, i mean he's basically a Second striker

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mano was already called a defensivist for several times because brazilians hate defending. I honestly don't think he's much less defensivist than Dunga.

Mano will likely try to put the whole team to attack because now everyone think Dunga is bad. He's for sure being pushed to Joga Bonito and this kind of shit.

I don't know what's so wrong with Dunga. He lost 1 game against a diver Holland and a bad referee.

Well, Mano Menezes is Gaúcho, he spended all his early career in the likes of 15 de Campo Bom, Guarani de Venâncio Aires, Caxias playing Gauchão, and then Grêmio. He is familiar with a football played with physical power, dirty games, harsh and violent defensive play and pressure off the field. So, I don't think his ideal of football is a romantic "attacking and beautiful" like the ones that worship '82. But he is not a "work-for-the-team maniac" like Dunga also. I would say his ideal of football is that of the Uruguay at the WC. It's most of all passion and work-rate, but he will also try to put together the max of talent and technique upfront.

You also gotta understand the difference between sambas.

Zico, Kaká, Ganso, Falcão, Ronaldo, Romário... this samba.

Robinho, Denílson, Neymar and gringo's rip offs like Cristiano Ronaldo and Quaresma, this "samba".

lol nice one

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
well like you said, it's open to interpretation and players make difference. Like you aid villa at LW will always be more of forward.... and iniesta at RW will always be more midfield

so if u play 4-2-3-1 with robinho at LW for example, i mean he's basically a Second striker

I agree. I think it's all about the player too. If he puts Neymar and Robinho at the wings the team will become a 4-3-3 in a second. I would say he will problably try a forward at the left (Robinho maybe) and a player who resembles more to a midfielder on the right (he has Dani Alves and Maicon bombing from this side).

The biggest difference from Dunga is the quality of the midfielders. Sandro, Lucas, Jucilei and Hernanes are better players on the ball then Gilberto Silva, Felipe Mello, Josué and Kléberson.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Last edited:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sulamericano U-20

Brazil 0 x 0 Equador
Argentina 1 x 0 Uruguay

Oscar did a very good game for brazil.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
get

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
São Paulo "entrega os pontos" e mira Dunga, diz jornal

Ex-técnico da Seleção seria o preferido de Juvenal Juvêncio para a vaga de Ricardo Gomes

O nome de Dunga voltou à pauta do São Paulo após a derrota por 1 a 0 para o Internacional no Beira-Rio, segundo notícia publicada nesta sexta-feira pelo jornal O Estado de S. Paulo. De acordo com a reportagem, a diretoria está descrente em relação ao futuro do time na Libertadores e já pensa em um substituto para Ricardo Gomes.
O presidente do clube, Juvenal Juvêncio, teria dito em reunião informal ainda em Porto Alegre que a equipe foi "covarde" no Sul. Ainda segundo o jornal, se Dunga aceitasse assumir o comando imediatamente, Gomes seria demitido. O treinador, porém, não gostaria de chegar ao cargo logo para um confronto contra o Inter, onde é ídolo, e para o lugar do ex-zagueiro, seu amigo pessoal.

Sorry to the gringos who visit here, I couldn't find this news on english. But it's basicly saying that São Paulo's president is very unsatisfaid with the lost for Inter, called the team "coward" during a meeting and Dunga is the favorite to replace Ricardo Gomes.

I hope that it's really true and that he can come before the next game on Libertadores.

In the news is also saying that Dunga wouldn't like to come before the game against Inter because he's an idol there and friend of Gomes but I think that they wrote only to increase the size of the news.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to the gringos who visit here, I couldn't find this news on english. But it's basicly saying that São Paulo's president is very unsatisfaid with the lost for Inter, called the team "coward" during a meeting and Dunga is the favorite to replace Ricardo Gomes.

I hope that it's really true and that he can come before the next game on Libertadores.

In the news is also saying that Dunga wouldn't like to come before the game against Inter because he's an idol there and friend of Gomes but I think that they wrote only to increase the size of the news.

Dunga would be very good for São Paulo I think. Here the media is speculating that Silas will be sacked if Grêmio lost the Grenal to Inter reserves next game. And so Silas will go to São Paulo, where he is an idol.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dunga would be very good for São Paulo I think. Here the media is speculating that Silas will be sacked if Grêmio lost the Grenal to Inter reserves next game. And so Silas will go to São Paulo, where he is an idol.

My journalist friend said that Ricardo Gomes might be fired today and the new coach might be announced too. I think it's between Dunga and Leonardo. If both reject, São Paulo might contact Luxemburgo and Silas.

But I'm really looking forward to Dunga. Not that I dislike Leonardo, he has everything to be a great manager since he has the 2 best football cultures of the world (Brazil and Italy) and was trained by Telê Santana and Ancelotti.

The issue with Leonardo is that he's too much nice guy and doesn't know how to raise extra-balls on the squad.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Finally a great game by São Paulo. Ricardo Gomes changed the formation to the one I wanted and it worked out. I'm feeling very Telê Santana now, haha.

It's just amazing how Hernanes putted the ball on Alex Silva's head twice and put it on Fernandão's head on the goal's play.

Great goal by Ricardo Oliveira. Such a class controlling the ball and so calm to score the goal.

I still don't think that we can beat Inter on Libertadores but it's still a little hope.

M

MassterMark

i watched game libertadoras on wednesday and i was realy surprised in positive way how inter's fans sing whole game.
it was realy nice:star:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i watched game libertadoras on wednesday and i was realy surprised in positive way how inter's fans sing whole game.
it was realy nice:star:

One of the hits they sing is Seven Nation Army, that Milan Ultras made world famous in the UCL 2007

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
One of the hits they sing is Seven Nation Army, that Milan Ultras made world famous in the UCL 2007

Nah, The way I know the story it was first sang by Club Brugge in Roma-Brugge. After that Romans took it over and it spreaded througout Italy(IIRC Totti even said it was his favourite song ... not sure if as a song or a chant). Then came 2006 WC and Italians were all over it(Solo campioni del Mondo) and it spreaded throughout the competition. Most guys who went to Germany have told me that was the song of the tournament. And then obviously Milan had it with their CL win. :)

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Do you know when you type something wrong on Google and it corrects you by giving the right answer?

It's Jasper. :D

There are many Jaspers on the internet. This forum rent the estonian version.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Toloi is close to palermo..
Hernanes > Lazio
Jonathas > Bologna or Cagliari

3 top players... and are getting none of them.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i think oddo and dracena could be brotherssss

oddo.jpg

edu-dracena1.jpg

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
The second to last one looks like 14...

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Names that can turn to be São Paulo's new coach: Abel Braga, Paulo Altuori, Leonardo, Silas, Oscar Tabarez, Biachi, Fossati and Dunga.

I'm looking forward to Dunga, Tabarez or Bianchi.

Abel Braga, Altuori and Leonardo would be nice.

But I think that São Paulo will end up with Silas, that is free and just got fired from Grêmio. I don't think he can do much difference but anyway... I hope I'm wrong and that he can put us on Libertadores.

Last edited:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
get

get

get

get

lucas, neymar, ganso and andre.
get

Victor, Jefferson and Renan
get

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lucas used to be gremio's captain with mano as coach..

Victor, Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz e André Santos; Lucas, Ramirez, Ganso and Hernanez; Pato e Robinho.

Schedule