Quarter final: Germany 1-1 Italy (6-5 after penalties) - 2 July 2016 21:00 CET

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
DDR would have been great in penalties for sure. I don't think Italy would have made more upfront than they did today. Overall the game went as it should.

Germany would have been very different if they had reus and gundogan available.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Buffon was really soft in those Pks.

Marchetti would have got at least 3 of them.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Loew tactically better than conte by swapping gomez and ozil role. Conte square box possession predictable and easily intercepted by germany DM..

There are a lot of other player available for tactical change, be it on field or outside the field. but conte choose to stay with his favourite juve team, for all matches!

Bless you.
Some of these posters. Praising conte in all those previous matches where he won. (Deservedly yes).. But when he lose.. "Well what else could he do with that team" forgetting all about the players he picked, those he benched that could change games and those he left at home.

The loss is all on him, just like it was because of him they beat spain and belgium.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Ventura Era. I'm fully considering the possibility that these guys may not even qualify for the world cup.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
De Rossi and Motta absence really showed. Parolo passing was even worse than expected.

Giaccherini is a national treasure.

the whole team had problems with passing and first touches today

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
DDR would have been great in penalties for sure. I don't think Italy would have made more upfront than they did today. Overall the game went as it should.

Germany would have been very different if they had reus and gundogan available.
Verratti and Marchisio are muuuuuch bigger misses

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Buffon was really soft in those Pks.

Marchetti would have got at least 3 of them.
It looks like people have stopped responding to you, mate. So I'm doing that just to give you strength to continue doing this. We need you in this forum as a benchmark.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It looks like people have stopped responding to you, mate. So I'm doing that just to give you strength to continue doing this. We need you in this forum as a benchmark.

I'd appreciate it more if I don't have to come across your name at all.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Muller really should be dropped by now, he's had a miserable tournament

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
all thanks to conte who you showed 0 support and mocked for 2 years, great to see him making his haters look silly. :proud:

enjoy the ventura era

Conte should win coach of the tournament if wales fail to make the final.

you sound like a broken record

Like I said before, he proved me wrong. Every Italian fan had his doubts and the expectations were really low. The team in the Euros played completely different than in those 2 years.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
@Sage @Tfat if France lose to Germany I won't post in the Anime thread for a month :o

Maximum confidence :cool:

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
all thanks to conte who you showed 0 support and mocked for 2 years, great to see him making his haters look silly. :proud:

enjoy the ventura era

Conte should win coach of the tournament if wales fail to make the final.

:fp::fp:
Italy did great much better than anybody envisioned you are talking like they were blasting teams open left and right. Everything was grit and more grit but that it can take just so far. Tactically they were excellent but technically they were mostly terrible.

Ventura? Another 3-5-2 junkie. I wonder if he is going to still calling every Ladri sub he can found like Prandelli did before.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
This German generation is brilliant .. Now that we r out I hope they win it.. They deserve it. However I have a feeling Portugal might do a Greece here. Would make all the silly CR7 v messi debates even more tasty

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking..

Put Balotelli in Zaza's role tonight. Subbed on in the 120th, 1 strike of the ball which is a pk..

Italy advance to the semi's or nah?

Weak

AnTakTau

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Borriello, Abate, Pato, Akinfeev, El Shaarawy
Bless you.
Some of these posters. Praising conte in all those previous matches where he won. (Deservedly yes).. But when he lose.. "Well what else could he do with that team" forgetting all about the players he picked, those he benched that could change games and those he left at home.

The loss is all on him, just like it was because of him they beat spain and belgium.
Conte even bring in Zaza for penalty.

The PK results show how bad his decision...

Thank god Conte would not be available for the next world cup!

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Who else is he gonna call? Milan subs like poli as some wanted after Uruguay match in the world cup?

The moment u go beyond Italy's defense which is all juve + de sciglio u find work horses that galliani would give allegri wet dreams about. Italjuve is italjuve for hold reason.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
you sound like a broken record

just like how you sounded like a broken record hating on the GOAT for 2 years.

Hopefully conte wins all the trophies with chelsea (minus CL if milan have a shot :o)

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I honestly dont know how anyone can say Conte was outplayed while having a much lesser squad than Spain & Germany.
Italy didnt fail , they matched superior squad and many times outplayed them.
They , prior to this game , were the only solid team in my book and team is the key word here.
If only they had Verrati & Marchi ... man what a team they would be.

@necro .... forget about France & Wales since I had them both to reach the final in my fantasy gameplan.
They are sooooo fucked :lol:

i will

and you should deal with being made fun of about it :o
I think am doing quiet good handling it , persian.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Who else is he gonna call? Milan subs like poli as some wanted after Uruguay match in the world cup?

The moment u go beyond Italy's defense which is all juve + de sciglio u find work horses that galliani would give allegri wet dreams about. Italjuve is italjuve for hold reason.

obviously should have called up future ballon d'or winners like berardi and marco benassi, don't forget romangoli whos the future nesta.

or MLS phenemenon sebastian giovinco.

I'm going to give necro credit, he and I knew that conte's call ups were spot on for his tactics :thumbsup:

the rest of you should quit football and watch hockey instead, let the real football connoisseurs enjoy it. /MB

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
just like how you sounded like a broken record hating on the GOAT for 2 years.

Hopefully conte wins all the trophies with chelsea (minus CL if milan have a shot :o)

well done to him and to you for believing in him.... but italy didn't make the semis and will be forgotten in a few years. everyone expected them out earlier (me included) but they absolutely impressed even the most optimistic azzurri fan prior to the tournament started....

no matter how good Italy played, no matter how well Conte did, unfortunately it took the world champions until penalties to eliminate this very weak Italy squad.

I don't get why you are trying to seek attention for praising Conte in the past. Do you want a pat on the back for him making it to the Q-finals?

Good luck to him at Chelsea but I still predict he won't last a season there...

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Veratti and marchisio would give slick passing but Italy are still not a threat upfront from open play. Pelle is really nothing more than a Matri or a boriello. Same goes for zaza. Italy has failed all strikers that showed some form or talent : balo, rossi, immobile.

Schedule