Christian Abbiati Thread

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
solid as a rock

great performance..wat we expect from him

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
should be italy NT nr1

Last edited:

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Is he renewing? I can't imagine him being unhappy here, he's been our number one for years. Great keeper.

This Is Milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Are all of you drunk? Better than Buffon? Italy's no. 1?

You can not be serious. He had a few very good games but his average performance is still nowhere close to the performances put in by keepers like Marchetti, Handanovic or Buffon.
Or are all of you forgetting his disastrous mistakes at the beginning of the season?

He has his ups and downs. A great display can be followed by a horrendous error which is why Abbiati is not that reliable when you consider his injuries aswell. There's plenty of better keepers around. His contract extension will mostly be down to him being with us for so long and still being to pull of some great saves but it's definitly time to look for our next keeper

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good player, if we are lucky enough to get a good keeper this summer he can still be a great back up.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
AC Milan News ‏@Milanello

Abbiati: "I'm happy to have renewed my contract with Milan. Milan is my family and my home."

The duration of the contract extension that Abbiati has signed is 1 year. His contract with Milan now expires on June 30th, 2014.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nice. He's been really good this season.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
In basic skills for a keeper he's really bad
but in the end he makes good/great saves
and he doesn't have much off days

yeah I know that I sound a little negative, but I'm happy that he will stay with us for another year :thumbsup:

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
Hes a good keeper.
I thought he was deffinately finished when G was seen calling him a Dickhead!
Yes, he did have a acouple of brain farts this season, but then again, so did Buffon, so I think it is fair to say that 'shit happens'.
It would be good if we could get rid of Amelia and have Perin as a backup - then after 2014, he would take over and Gabriel would be Perins Backup.

Last edited:

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
Great signing. With ambro and yepes on the outs we needed to keep Abs .

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
one of the most under rated keepers to ever play the game! sure he is prone to some brain farts but the amount of times he saves our skin is beyond question.

shame he was born in an error of gigi dominance as he would of been a sure starter pre and post gigi error!

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Abbiati: 'Milan were penalised'

abbiati-save490ai_0.jpg

Christian Abbiati hit back at Fiorentina’s complaints over the race for third by insisting “Milan were penalised.”

Several members of the Viola have insinuated they deserved to seal the Champions League play-off place, with general manager Sandro Mencucci claiming “we were third on the field.”

Today Manuel Pasqual also joked that “with a few more penalties, Milan could’ve won the Scudetto.”

However, goalkeeper Abbiati has hit back on Milan Channel and insists there was no favouritism.

“Milan were penalised in Florence,” he said of the 2-2 draw. Milan had been 2-0 up against 10 men when the Viola fought back for a point.

“There was a penalty given against us that did not exist. If that had not been awarded, then we would’ve won that game and not had to sit through all the controversy of the last few days.

“Oh well, that’s what football is like.”

Milan, Juventus and Napoli received 11 penalties this season, while Fiorentina and Cagliari followed on 10.

THanks Abbi, and fuck that fucking cunt Pasquale. I hope Flams 2 foot tackles his bitchass and end his pathetic career

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
i'm glad to hear abbiati will be around another year

if we had abbiati and handanovic...no one would score on us!

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Abbiati: 'Milan were penalised'

abbiati-save490ai_0.jpg

THanks Abbi, and fuck that fucking cunt Pasquale. I hope Flams 2 foot tackles his bitchass and end his pathetic career

All this unneccessary hatred. Not a classy comment from a viola Captain, but he was probably interviewed right after the game and still upset and disappointed. He's a nice guy and a this season's best LB in Serie A.

Abbiati is right though. I get why Fiorentina are butthurt, but not everyone else. It's not like any other teams were close to 3rd spot...

Also, the guy who caused the penalty (Felipe) is a Fiorentina player out on a loan, so there's that.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
The one vs Torino.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Friday June 28 2013 Abbiati hungry to keep saving

Milan goalkeeper Christian Abbiati has no thoughts of retiring from the game at the highest level.

The shot-stopper, who will be 36 next month, recently signed a 12-month deal with the Diavolo and he’s as hungry as ever.

The desire to save shots is still there,” he told Forza Milan! “I’ll continue playing for as long as my knees can take it.

I’m happy that I’ve been able to continue my career with the Rossoneri and I will always give my all for this shirt – no matter how often I play.

Time goes by for everybody and it is only normal that one day I will no longer be the first choice, I’ll become the second.

And, if I have the good fortune to stay, then maybe I’ll even be the third choice...

The former Italian international has been on Milan’s books since his 1998 move from Monza.

Grande :star:ABI:star:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
well..he was 2nd choice for most of his Milan career :lol:

Majko

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players
Wow, such a great keeper and person to have in squad. Very nice words from him :proud:

Schedule