Coppa Italia: AC Milan (1) vs Catania (2), 20/12/07

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
No one remembers but, we play on Wednesday in our Coppa Italia debut. Let's hope jet-lag is no longer a problem (I suspect that some of the players that went to Japan will play + some Primavera players).

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
-----------------Kalac--------------

-Cafu-------Simic----Bonera--Favalli

--Brochi--Emerson-Gourcuff-Serginho-

----------Gila---Aubemeyang-------

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
I only rememebered this game when I visited the official site. Missed my opportunity to open my first match thread.
With players coming back from Japan and having to play Inter next week we'll definitely play with our reserve+primavera players in this one.
-----------------Kalac--------------

-Cafu-------Simic----Bonera/Digao--Favalli---

--Brocchi--Emerson-Gourcuff-Serginho---

----------Gila---Aubemeyang-------

We'll probably also see Darmian, Guerci and Ancelotti at some time. Those are the primavera players who've been nearest to the first team since the last friendly match for Pato I believe.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
crazy4milan said:
No one remembers but, we play on Wednesday in our Coppa Italia debut. Let's hope jet-lag is no longer a problem (I suspect that some of the players that went to Japan will play + some Primavera players).
i think the game will be played on thursday

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
milanissimo said:
i think the game will be played on thursday
That would be more logical. And yes, it's on thursday. (20:30 in Italy).

Pirlo Fan said:
I only rememebered this game when I visited the official site. Missed my opportunity to open my first match thread.
Had I known I wouldn't have opened it. Feel free to open the match thread for the first game after the Christmas break :).

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I'm guessing one of our two overworked strikers will work overtime (again) + will probably tire himself with the Derby approaching. In times like this, it would have helped to have more than two available strikers ... :rolleyes:

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^We might have someone on the bench to sub in for Gila and play with one upfront if we're winning the match.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
If we're leading, I can see A. taking off the lone striker + fielding a midfielder just to keep things tight. The hard part though will be getting the lead with our second tier players keeping the Derby in mind.

Do we have another striker in the squad aside from Aube?

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
we will beat them for sure..
ive got a cousin who came from catania and she bought me a Milan shirt and a cap :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
madtherchot said:
I'm guessing one of our two overworked strikers will work overtime (again) + will probably tire himself with the Derby approaching. In times like this, it would have helped to have more than two available strikers ... :rolleyes:
i agree here, and thats why i would preffer this formation:

---------------Kalac
Bonera----------Simic----Digao----Favalli

--------Emerson----Brocchi

Cafu-----------Gourcuff------Serginho

----------Aubumeyang

Joor

Beginner
Reaction score
Official formation.
Kalac

Cafu - Digao - Simic - Favalli

Brocchi - Emerson - Serginho

Gourcuff

Aubameyang - Paloschi.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Providing we're not eliminated early in this competition, let Fiori get one game in. :)

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Joor said:
Official formation.
Kalac

Cafu - Digao - Simic - Favalli

Brocchi - Emerson - Serginho

Gourcuff

Aubameyang - Paloschi.

In addition to that:
MILAN-CATANIA: 8 PRIMAVERA PLAYERS ADDED TO THE SQUAD
12/19/2007
MILANELLO - Here are the names and shirt numbers of the eight Primavera players who have been added to the Rossoneri's squad for tomorrow's match against Catania: number 36 Darmian, 37 Davide Ancelotti, 38 Bruscagin, 39 Caraglia, 40 Guerci, 41 Pierre Aubameyang, 42 Umunegbu, 43 Paloschi.

Hopefully the youngsters and Gour can impress.

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
We're going to lose this one, Catania will field their strongest squad, anyway who cares about the Coppa Italia? As long as we win sunday against Inter I'm happy.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone know where I can find our Primavera's stats for this season. I'm interested to find out the goal tally for Paloschi.

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
It's gone be draw, doesn't matter even if we loose , we have to face Inter with rested players.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
BTW, is DAVIDE ANCELOTTI related to our coach CARLO ??

Yeah, with all these trophies such as UEFA SUPERCOPA, WORLD CLUB CUP just forget about COPPA ITALIA.

Just to keep one thing in perspective, we will miss out ITALIAN SUPERCOPA because of this.

BTW, if I remember properly, last year JUVE went out pretty quick from the tournament, that too on PENALTIES.

Have they played yet in this year's version??

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Gatorbasu said:

It's his son...

Lilly

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta, Rino, Pippo, Fabregas, Van Persie, Buffon, Ambrosini
Pirlo Fan said:
Anyone know where I can find our Primavera's stats for this season. I'm interested to find out the goal tally for Paloschi.

You can go to the Italian version of Acmilan.com. It's in the "Squadra" section.

I don't know how many games Paloschi has actually played for the Primavera. But the team as a whole has played 16 games (counting both the league and the Coppa Italia). Paloschi has scored 9 goals.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gatorbasu said:
Ancelotti_Davide_19.jpg

r1064302394.jpg

You tell me. :)

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
menon_inc said:
LOL :D Wild would enjoy the match. 2 Ancelotti's :D
Watching a game with only 1 of his sons is much better than watching it with 3-4 of his sons like we v been doin 4 the last 3 seasons :D

I doubt Gou will shine in this game surrounding with all those boring players but he should grasp this chance & kick ass.
Not that will change Anshitloti mind anyway. :o

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lilly said:
You can go to the Italian version of Acmilan.com. It's in the "Squadra" section.

I don't know how many games Paloschi has actually played for the Primavera. But the team as a whole has played 16 games (counting both the league and the Coppa Italia). Paloschi has scored 9 goals.

That's a good tally. Hopefully he can bag one tonight.

Wild said:
I doubt Gou will shine in this game surrounding with all those boring players but he should grasp this chance & kick ass.

I was pondering that thought as well. Gour has been playing somewhat subdued last I saw him, afraid to express himself and dominate a game, perferring to play second fiddle to the likes of Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo. Hopefully he doesn't let the lack of creativity from other players around him hinder him in this match.

Also, Auba possesses pace and he and Paloschi will be looking to impress so they could combine well with Gour.

smartyin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Raul, Casillas, Santa Cruz, Gourcuff, Pato
acmilan.com

MILANELLO – These are the declarations of Coach Carlo Ancelotti during the press conference at the Rossoneri’s Sports Centre of Milanello on the eve of the Coppa Italia game, Milan-Catania:

Would it be better to exit this competition?
“Right now there are surely other priorities; it will be useful for us to play those players who had less possibilities than others to go on the pitch, like Gourcuff and Emerson. The latter is recovering from an injury, he played some games which I would define as good and it will be for him an extra opportunity to find back the continuity he is lacking."

What formation will go on the pitch tomorrow?
“I think that the formation will be: Kalac; Cafu, Digao, Simic, Favalli; Brocchi, Emerson, Serginho; Gourcuff; Aubameyang, Paloschi. Paloschi is a youth play of 1990, and he is expressing himself well this year with the Primavera and tomorrow we shall have the possibility to evaluate him further."

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
MILAN-CATANIA: OFFICIAL FORMATIONS
12/20/2007
MILAN: Kalac; Cafu, Digao, Simic, Favalli; Serginho, Brocchi, Emerson, Gourcuff; Aubameyang, Paloschi.
CATANIA: Bizzarri; Sardo, Sottil, Stovini, Vargas; Izco, Edusei, Baiocco, Biagianti; Mascara, Spinesi

damn it no Ba :D

Schedule