Dida Thread

bill0621

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Dida will be 38 in 2010, good age for goal keepers.

I was just wondering if Berlu really wants Dida next season, or the contract extension is just a strategy to prevent other teams from getting Dida for free in the summer?? Maybe Berlu wants to use Dida+cash for Ronaldinho so that he can save a bit of money. Just speculating...

Russo-neri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
bill0621 said:
Dida will be 38 in 2010, good age for goal keepers.

I was just wondering if Berlu really wants Dida next season, or the contract extension is just a strategy to prevent other teams from getting Dida for free in the summer?? Maybe Berlu wants to use Dida+cash for Ronaldinho so that he can save a bit of money. Just speculating...

That is a possibility. But I'm happy either way. If he's used as partial payment for getting Dinho, then great. If he stays, then great.

Remember Dida is around 6 foot 5 (I'm guessing that's around 196 cm). He's HUGE and in my opinion still one of, if not the, best goalkeeper in the world. This is incredible news!

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
OMG wtf????? that idiot dida extended his contract,fucking shit so that means we now have two worst gk in the world,i can't belive it wtf???

re_milan

Numero 3, Per sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Oddo, Pirlo, Shweinsteiger, Totti, Quagliarella, Perrotta
no offence to any dida fans, but we had a chance to sign a younger goalie and we just threw it down the drain, did is not the keeper he was and never will be again. its sad to say.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I like Dida but I really dont know what the fuck is wrong with Milan.
When Dida was doin much better than now they dont show respect & now when he is obviously having a bad season + he was injured + he is 34 & they renew his contract.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
OMG..that buffon ideas really helped i guess! so he got what he wanted?
thsi is amazing, i guess milan wouldn't be the same wihtout dida in green :p and his hairdo's :p

btw cant wait to see bmwtaylors reaction honestly!
hope this aint a early april joke :head:

SehaxX

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sergej Barbarez, Safet Susic, Vedad Ibisevic, Maldini, Kaka, Sheva and Weah
Good news

That's good news before the Derby, Dida is one of the best, but he is not in form and he has 34 years, so i hope Milan will sign Boruc he was great in the two games against Milan and would be a good addition to the squad.

Forza Milan

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Finally now that his contract issue is resolved he can focus and starts putting good performances like he knows....

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
This is unexpected Great news! Hopefully Nelson will prove he deserves it tomorrow in Milan.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Milan surprised me , I though he will leave.. I guess its good news , we are not going to spent hell of money for Buffon now ;) ..

FORZA DIDA !!

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
i am glad he stayed, i wish he`ll repeat 2002-03 season :star:

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
This is good news. Dida has had a few blunders in his time but he's still been pretty useful between the sticks. This should give him some confidence to play the game of his life against Inter tomorrow, and also I hope this means Berlu has decided to save the Buffon money for a complete revolution. But that's just wishful thinking, deep down inside I know nothing of that sort will happen.

anitafranc

bigger stronger
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo, Sandro, Pirlo, Pippo, Rino, Pato, TS, Janku, Kaka, Gourcuff
radioactivenerd said:
this is weird. i dont see how berlu can still want buffoon in teh summer window.
kalac ha also got an offer recently...
i hope this means the 40m being saved for buffon will go towards other more just causes. NOT ronaldinho.
God I hope so.

Congrats Dida :star:

adriano_cau

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A. Cassano, F. Inzaghi, P. Maldini, R. Baggio, G. Zola
How irritating.

Contract extensions for Seedorf, Dida and the like just further delay the oft-talked about revitalization of the team.

I'm disgusted, but unsurprised.

3 more years of goalkeeping blunders await.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
radioactivenerd said:
this is weird. i dont see how berlu can still want buffoon in teh summer window.
kalac ha also got an offer recently...
i hope this means the 40m being saved for buffon will go towards other more just causes. NOT ronaldinho.
Since we now got DIDA, getting Buffon now would be stupid! so hopefully the money will be used on our attack :D :D dunno how or who but attack is a problem for us these days....especially in CL :cry: well next season ronaldo will play cl but still, having backups/good backups never hurt anyone :)

btw the Buffon in our team is still a dream, and it might come true too..goalie's lasts longer than other players ;) ;)

anyone knows if dida got what he wanted, or the buffon rumours scared him and barca backed out after the one mistake of his....:devilcon: :devilcon:

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
newbitmapimageux0.jpg

dida

>>*&#322;)*I*&#322;)*@*<<
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*Dida* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Gattuso*
yes!!
finnaly..

we will keep the clean sheet against inter this time:D

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Great news! :D

About time Dida came to his senses. Now with the contract issue out of the way, Dida and the team can concentrate on the rest of the season.

Bit of a surprise, but nonetheless, very happy.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
This is the shit! Great deal! Go Nelson de Jesus Silva Dida!

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:D :D

First time I've been on here today and I'm still pinching myself. :D

I admit, the timing (right before the derby) has me a little nervous, because he hasn't been the greatest in the past few derbies, otherwise I'd be bouncing off the walls.

Nonetheless, I'm stoked. :) Plus, Juve got cracked 3-1 today. Let's go for the triple with a win over Inter tomorrow.

Last edited:

iLuVuRoNaLdO

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R99, dinho, Cafu, dida, kaka, all brazilians, CR7, Ferdinand, Giggsy, Rooney, Zairi, Manutd
BMWTaylor said:
:D :D

First time I've been on here today and I'm still pinching myself. :D

I admit, the timing (right before the derby) has me a little nervous, because he hasn't been the greatest in the past few derbies, otherwise I'd be bouncing off the walls.

Nonetheless, I'm stoked. :) Plus, Juve got cracked 3-1 today. Let's go for the triple with a win over Inter tomorrow.
it didn't suprise me. i knew he loves milan and wants to get the fans back to his side.
he's not in form rite now, but sure he's been the best.
few errors doesn't mean dida will not be at his best again
he needs chances. lets hope he does it again
he will definately do better knowing he won't play if he don't do his best

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Though it probably has a snowball's chance of happening, I would like to see him retire - at the end of the deal or whenever - at Milan and stay with the team in some capacity, maybe helping groom the team's future keepers.

Argh, some pinhead already updated the Wiki entry. Guess I'll have to go clean it up. :)

Last edited:

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Actually, for a GK, age is not a big problem since he can concentrate the game.
Dida finally extended his contract with us is a good news. I don't think it's worthy to put large money on Buffon. Also, one game couldn't prove Celtic's GK is very good, like Liverpool's Dudec in 2005 CL final. Also, the new GK needs time to adapt Serie A's game and the teamwork with Milan defenders.
I hope Dida can keep confident in the derby !!!!
Dida should also be careful when he rushes out to pick the ball, becasue sometimes his rush out is not that safe !

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
@BMWTaylor time for a Signature change ;)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
@BMWTaylor time for a Signature change ;)
Yeah, but I have a severe case of the lazies right now. I really should be doing something constructive. :)

Last edited:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
Yeah, but I have a severe case of the lazies right now. I really should be doing something constructive. :)

Congrats and this is great news before the derby. How on earth did Kalac get a contract extension?

fiume_1987

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva
I think that Dida's extension is another stupidity from our managment. We have just lost a chance to sign younger good keeper who would be part of new Milan squad.
I'm not one of those morons who have a pick on certain player and always bullshit about his performances, but let's face it - Dida made far too many mistakes and cost us too many points to earn new contract. In my opinion he has best reflexes in the world of football, but his slippery hands and non-concentration are things which concerns me. He seems really insecure in certain matches and that affects the team in whole. I would be really happy if he finds his best form again but seriously doubt it.
Buffon is a dream but Dida's contract means we won't sign him (hopefully he wouldn't go to inter) or any other first choice keeper. Personally I would like to see Frey between the posts.
And what to f... were they thinking with extension of Kalac's contract?!This is really not looking good...

adriano_cau

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A. Cassano, F. Inzaghi, P. Maldini, R. Baggio, G. Zola
^ Yup.

Too much rewarding of mediocrity from the management.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
oh no we have a long bright future coming up. NOT

EDIT: Sorry BMW and other dida fans - that post was made under intense anger immediately after the derby.

Last edited:

Schedule