Euro 2008 Quarterfinals : Spain 0-0 Italy (4-2 on pens), June 22, 2008

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
i am glad that Italy could make it to quarter final. time to meet Villa and co :cool:

Last edited:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
That was quick Andromeda. :D That was a close call. It'll be interesting to see how Italy handles Villa and Co.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
thanks for starting the thread :)

btw how many chances toni needs even ronaldo(injured) :o can score one with those chances
i hope azzuri will cope the absence of gattu and pirlo :(

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
ashish_skaria said:
thanks for starting the thread :)

btw how many chances toni needs even ronaldo(injured) :o can score one with those chances
i hope azzuri will cope the absence of gattu and pirlo :(
he needs a partner up there

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
As close as Luca has been getting, you just gotta hope and believe that the goals are going to start coming in.

Well he has scored one goal, which was wrongfully disallowed. :rolleyes:
Oh well, that's water under the bridge now. :D

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
chely said:
That was quick Andromeda. :D That was a close call. It'll be interesting to see how Italy handles Villa and Co.

haha.. everything to Italy :tongue:
i hope we could do something here. the likes of Villa and Torres did scared me. Pirlo and Rino will be missing the match also. so hope to see Aquilani as a starter in the next match. Spain is very awesome so far. so it's gonna be an excellent match :star:

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi; Baresi; Van basten; Maldini; Buffon
It's gonna be a great derby between chicos latinos ;-) I just hope that Toni will unblock himself ... It's high time to do so! U can't afford to waste balls vs Villa and co.!

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Also, we get to see, IMO, the two best gks in the world go head to head in Buffon and Casillas. This is going to be a great match.

sLurPPP

il diavolo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leah Dizon, 3, 21 , 9MVB, 13, 7S, 22, 10RC, 4Alb, 7 Len, 10Savi
no Pirlo, no intelegent duel.
im dissapointed :head:

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Spain have weak defense, i mean central defense + i think that Puyol is injured. I'm glad that Italy went through cuz if Romania can't win against that Holland team they don't deserve to go further IMO..that team was also good but hey, that was for live or die and they failed..fuck them

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..
hahaha...
sis Andromeda made it fast :D

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
dev1L said:
Spain have weak defense, i mean central defense + i think that Puyol is injured. I'm glad that Italy went through cuz if Romania can't win against that Holland team they don't deserve to go further IMO..that team was also good but hey, that was for live or die and they failed..fuck them

ye the left side is weak with marchena and capdevilla italy should concentrate down that flank, they really jus need to outbattle, out compete the spanish midfield otherwise they will get undone, if they sit back like they did against france it game over cause spain will get the chances and goals they need if allowed to have the ball, im struggling to see the best formation and selection italy can make for this game, be interesting to see the lineup considering no pirlo or gattuso

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Spain outplayed Italy during the friendly in May (?), Azzurri can't replace Pirlo nor Gattuso.

Also worrying that Luca Toni keeps on wasting splendid opportunities. Spain haven't looked as good as many claim, though Villa & Torres are extremly dangerous.

FORZA AZZURRI!

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
spain is going down.. spanish people are not really good at football i think they're better at bull fighting. the italians will destroy spain just like the germans will destroy portugal

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldo, Pato, Seedorf, Nesta, Gourcuff,Inzaghi.......
DAam!!

who is this girl? I saw her during the Italy and France game as you can see

she is so pretty

DSCF0250.jpg

pat ferrara

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, vieri, pirlo, kaka, guttuso, nesta, gilardino, inzaghi, c ronaldo, totti, cannavaro, buffon
she is hot. it will be tough without pirlo n rino

aelley

fuck u rosetti!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini Kaka' Gourcuff Mauro Zarate
Italiaaaaaaaa :D.. as usual spain will fail to progress to next round.they are better during friendly but not in the big tournament.

milan133

Forza Azzurri ;)
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini. Kaka. Pirlo. Nesta. Buffon. Toni. Cech. Van Persie. Fabregas. Rosicky
It's gonna be tough without Pirlo and Gattuso but we have De Rossi and Aquilani..I think they should start in midfield..

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that luck Italy had against France (Ribery Injured - one man more on the field) yesterday is gonna be very short when they meet Spain. They gonna get some nice and sweet lesson from them.

Better watch out Panucci and Chielini... there won't be struggling Henry and Anelka or Govou on the attack. Torres and Villa are gonna mice them hard.

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Toni was saving his goals for Spain... they will be sweeter then. He needs a decent striking partner too, Cassano was never there for a planted ball.

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Bes said:
Torres and Villa are gonna mice them hard.
Torres will be like - OMG! WTF!!! You should let me pass and score like they do it in England :D

Fiore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R. Baggio
milan133 said:
It's gonna be tough without Pirlo and Gattuso

Maybe it's even better, that they won't start in this match.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
peters said:
Torres will be like - OMG! WTF!!! You should let me pass and score like they do it in England :D

So now... you're making Panucci and Chiellini world class? Don't forget that they're second choices. If it was Canna and Nesta maybe then my mouth would stay shut.
Panucci is way to slow to catch Torres/Villa. Chiellini is not kind of player to stop the counter-attacks. He's more of a wall that is able to win battles with Big/tall strikers like Koller, Pogrebnyak, Elmander and co.
The only super hero for Italy can be Buffon who undoubtedly is the best in the world for that position.
It's not the Italy of 2006 with Gattuso in his life form, Totti, Nesta, Cannavaro, Pippo there.

Italy won against France and you know how they won. They couldn't beat Romania, got their ass kicked against Holland and will definitely gonna get humiliated against the Reino de España.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
dark_prince said:
DAam!!

who is this girl? I saw her during the Italy and France game as you can see

she is so pretty

DSCF0250.jpg

damn, i think she's (belen rodriguez), Borriello's girlfriend ?

Last edited:

milan133

Forza Azzurri ;)
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini. Kaka. Pirlo. Nesta. Buffon. Toni. Cech. Van Persie. Fabregas. Rosicky
Fiore said:
Maybe it's even better, that they won't start in this match.
Why? :rolleyes:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
dev1L said:
If Spain can beat Italy, I really think they would go far and finally collect their dues in world soccer as the perennial underachiever.

Aside from WC 94 QF, anybody can remember any non-friendly game between these 2?

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
gaizka22 said:
Aside from WC 94 QF, anybody can remember any non-friendly game between these 2?
31st May 1934 / World Cup / Italy 1- 1 Spain
1st June 1934 / World Cup / Italy 1 - 0 Spain

12th June 1980 / Euro / Italy 0 - 0 Spain
14th June 1988 / Euro / Italy 1 - 0 Spain

David-Regal

Maldini groupie
Reaction score
Hong Kong/ University of Southern California
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI, Alexandre Pato, and all Milan players; Luque, C. Ronaldo, Grosso
No Pirlo and No Gattuso.

Gattuso isn't a big deal. He didn't have the passion he used to have. When players dribbled past him, he didn't chase back (in Italy vs France game). :head: Hope he will get back to his former form one day.

But Pirlo is a big loss. When he was sub-ed out, de Rossi tried to switch side but could only manage to send the ball out. Only Pirlo is capable of making accurate switch sides and Italy will definitely miss him in the Spain game.

Schedule