Friendly : Rangers (2) vs AC Milan (2) - 04.02.09

Reaction score
Kick off is 7.45pm GMT although it may be delayed due to the time it takes the Rangers fans to slither out from their holes and into their seats. When you watch the game I suggest you wear sunglasses as usually their is a huge cloud of green formed in the sky from the smell of the fans and it can be harmful on the eyes.

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
:conf:

What about this game ?
To be played ? cancelled ? or just a false rumor ?

I never read anything about it on any Milan news site... weird

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What about this game ?
To be played ? cancelled ? or just a false rumor ?

I never read anything about it on any Milan news site... weird

For a minute, I thought we'd come to our senses. But according to many UK sources, the match is still on.

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
For a minute, I thought we'd come to our senses. But according to many UK sources, the match is still on.

ohh. Pretty much stupid to play this game. We play Reggina Saturday evening.
A game every 3 days is not good for our players old legs.
Maybe we can send them the women team. lol

Sorry for the false hopes. As one can see, last post before mine is almost one month old. So, I thought that was cancelled or something...

my bad ...

Reaction score
ohh. Pretty much stupid to play this game. We play Reggina Saturday evening.
A game every 3 days is not good for our players old legs.
Maybe we can send them the women team. lol

Sorry for the false hopes. As one can see, last post before mine is almost one month old. So, I thought that was cancelled or something...

my bad ...

We have a whole team of reserves we should be fine.

Besides we'll probably get to see Mattioni for the first time.

deepa_316

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Papa Slivio
i got tix for this so it better not get cancelled. dont worry bout players bein tired the big players will only 45 an play at lik 50%. i hope the young guys that play will impress.

also the weather here in scotland is fucked, snowing lik mad and suppose to be on till saturday so the match could get cancelled if flights r stopped.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I`m hoping we use almost only reserves for this game.And i`m hoping Dihno + Flamini get a chance to play.And hope they play good.

I want Dihno to replace Seedorf in the first 11 as soon as possible.As for Flamini i do want him in the first 11 also but not as much. Ambro is doing fine right now,and Pirlo seems to be getting back to form.If Pirlo`s form continues then he should rotate whit Ambro.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Stupid to play this game in Midweek especially as we play Reggina on Saturday. I hope we play a second string squad and i pray for no injuries.

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
I`m hoping we use almost only reserves for this game.And i`m hoping Dihno + Flamini get a chance to play.And hope they play good.

I want Dihno to replace Seedorf in the first 11 as soon as possible.As for Flamini i do want him in the first 11 also but not as much. Ambro is doing fine right now,and Pirlo seems to be getting back to form.If Pirlo`s form continues then he should rotate whit Ambro.

As i know Dinho is called up for brazil so he wont be avaialable.Im forward to see Mattioni and Thiago Silva.

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
As i know Dinho is called up for brazil so he wont be avaialable.Im forward to see Mattioni and Thiago Silva.

internationals are the following week brazil play italy on the 11th February in london, thiago silva is also in the brazil squad for that game with pato and kaka.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
anyone know which channels this will be on although it should be on rangers tv sholdn't it

deepa_316

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Papa Slivio
i think it might be on STV aswell im goin 2 the game, in the rangers side (season ticket holder )

mon the hoops :D

which stand r u sitting?

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Time to see Thiago Silva again.. and Mattioni please.. well.. you can also put Sheva here. It's pity for him didnt play in many times. He needs more times to play to back to his good level. if Beck still got his touch I want Sheva do that too. Bend it like Beckham, Shev !! ;)

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Time to see Thiago Silva again.. and Mattioni please.. well.. you can also put Sheva here. It's pity for him didnt play in many times. He needs more times to play to back to his good level. if Beck still got his touch I want Sheva do that too. Bend it like Beckham, Shev !! ;)

Yup. I expect TS to start the game and hopefully Mattioni and Sheva too.
As for the big stars of the team, they will probably play 45' or so.
That would not be correct toward our hosts to not field them at all, as this game is something of a Gala match.
The Primavera players won't play in Glasgow cuz they will play the second-leg of the Coppa Italia Primavera Quarter-Final at Bergamo against Atalanta (first leg:0-0). With the awful result in campionato, they have to qualify to somewhat save the season.

Edit : oops, Primavera game was postponed

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Im thinking of something like.

Dida

Mattioni Silva Hurtado Antonini

Beckham Emerson Flamini

Ronaldinho

Sheva-Pippo

I hope Dida gets a full game same goes for Mattioni and Emerson(lets hope Ferguson takes care of him:D)

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I bet u 100% that Flams will start this 1 so Anshit will b obliged 2 rest him in serieA few days latter.
Rather than that Sheva will start & I hope we got 2 c our new kids playing.
rather than that , if either Sheva or Flams r having a good game then they will b subbed by Anshitloti coz we dont wanna Peerlo or Slowdorf feel that some1 else should play instead ;)

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Im thinking of something like.

Dida

Mattioni Silva Hurtado Antonini

Beckham Emerson Flamini

Ronaldinho

Sheva-Pippo

I hope Dida gets a full game same goes for Mattioni and Emerson(lets hope Ferguson takes care of him:D)

I wouldnt play Beckham in this friendly...he should be rested for sundays game. But I would like to see the defence you stated

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If available, Pirlo will certainly play in this game as he is suspended for saturday.
I'm eager to see TS again and Mattioni.
I wonder about Mattioni, I read somewhere he usually was playing on the right side just ahead of the defense in a 3-5-2 formation.
Can he play in a position similar to the Beckham's one for us ?

Last edited:

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If available, Pirlo will certainly play in this game as he is suspended for saturday.
I'm eager to see TS again and Mattioni.
I wonder about Mattioni, I read somewhere he usually was playing on the right side just ahead of the defense in a 3-5-2 formation.
Can he play in a position similar to the Beckham's one for us ?

I dont know about this one...he is very offensive right fullback, but can play as a winger too...I dont know how is his vision or passing, so at the moment we cant say he can play "Beckham" role in Milan...

I would play him at RB and I would teach him more defensive skills, so that he can be used in that position.

Reaction score
Got my tickets for the milan end! We're sitting in the Govan West. Hopefully theyll be a couple more milan fans other than me and my girlfriend!

deepa_316

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Papa Slivio
Got my tickets for the milan end! We're sitting in the Govan West. Hopefully theyll be a couple more milan fans other than me and my girlfriend!

how did u get tix in milan end??

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
For sure Beckham will play derby vs Merda, so I dont think we need to play him tommorow considering the fact we'll play on saturday serie a game and then comes the derby,,,

---------------------Dida----------------------
-MAttioni--Thiago-------Sedreros-Antonini----
--------------------Pirlo--------
--------Flamini--------------Stasser-------
----------------Dinho--------
---------Sheva------Pippo-----------

Whatever the lineup is, I hope noone gets injured and I see Mattioni and Thiago for 90 min. Pirlo can play, he is suspended for Reggina.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
RANGERS-MILAN: 20 CALLED UP PLAYERS
2/3/2009
MILAN - Here's the official list for tomorrow night's friendly.
GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Donnarumma (n.50) - DEFENDERS: Antonini, Darmian, Jankulovski, Senderos, Thiago Silva (n.33), Mattioni (n.2), Albertazzi (n.56) - MIDFIELDERS: Beckham, Cardacio, Flamini, Pirlo, Strasser (n.51) - STRIKERS: Kakà, Inzaghi, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

psycho_dad

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
one and only Gianni Rivera
I would love to see something like this :)

-----------------Dida----------------------
-Mattioni--Thiago---Darmian-Antonini----
----Cardacio------Flamini------Stasser-----
----------------Dinho--------
---------Sheva------Pippo-----------

David-Regal

Maldini groupie
Reaction score
Hong Kong/ University of Southern California
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI, Alexandre Pato, and all Milan players; Luque, C. Ronaldo, Grosso
Beckham will probably play because of the agreement signed for this friendly. (I don't know about the details but I suppose they would require us to field some "stars", just pure guessing though)

Schedule