Italian Football Thread III

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even without Leao we were so much better than this Napoli team, I hate that we lost against them.

The book seems to be pretty simple on Kvara: just kick him. I know he scored, but, Juve somehow let him wander around for his goal.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rightfully so. We paid more for Tomori and he has more Serie A experience
Tomori got blamed for both Roma goals until people had to be force-fed replays of... y'know... the goals to see that it wasn't on him, but on Tonali. This isn't a slight on Kim, every defender is going to concede chances and make mistakes.

I'd just like to add that Mario Rui is a little dirtbag.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think it's #1 excuse as to why most of our summer signings haven't played much.
I thought you said it's because they are just worse performing players in training? (I agreed with you too)

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think it's #1 excuse as to why most of our summer signings haven't played much.

So he messed up because he lacks Serie A experience?

Well, our expectations of CdK wouldn't be the same if he was from a serie A club right?

Not that he didn't get roasted in his first year when he messed up one or two games in a row (that happened) 😉

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I thought you said it's because they are just worse performing players in training? (I agreed with you too)

Yeah but then you watch them when they actually play and it's apparent why they don't start regularly.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Fuck juve let’s go victorrrr

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not that he didn't get roasted in his first year when he messed up one or two games in a row (that happened) 😉
Rightfully so, CdK is performing below even "adjusting to Serie A still" standards.

Vranckx and Dest makes their share of mistakes but at least they try and get themselves in plays whereas CdK mostly just shies away (last game, he showed slight improvement).

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rightfully so, CdK is performing below even "adjusting to Serie A still" standards.

Vranckx and Dest makes their share of mistakes but at least they try and get themselves in plays whereas CdK mostly just shies away (last game, he showed slight improvement).

To me this reads a bit like:

criticizing our own players = always justified and rightfully so

criticizing players from opponents: wait there are context and excuses

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Damn, you guys go to Milanello to watch training?
I don't think it's in Pioli's best interest to play worse players.

We don't have the Berlu tinkering / nepotism shit going on anymore, and I doubt Adli is riling up the lockeroom in a tempt to start a coup against Pioli like Montoleader so no real reason to makme him a political prisoner.

I don't know it to be true, but it's the most reasonable explanation to me.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To me this reads a bit like:

criticizing our own players = always justified and rightfully so

criticizing players from opponents: wait there are context and excuses
It only reads like this because you must have missed my post on Pobega :LOL:

I also literally just named two other players (Dest, Vranckx) who could be considered ok if graded on "still adjusting to Serie A" curve, in case you missed that too.

So I definitely don't see myself as "always justifying criticizing our own players"

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it's in Pioli's best interest to play worse players.

We don't have the Berlu tinkering / nepotism shit going on anymore, and I doubt Adli is riling up the lockeroom in a tempt to start a coup against Pioli like Montoleader so no real reason to makme him a political prisoner.

I don't know it to be true, but it's the most reasonable explanation to me.
Again, I'd be more sympathetic to this if CDK wasn't stinking it up and still getting 10 times the playing time that Adli does.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Again, I'd be more sympathetic to this if CDK wasn't stinking it up and still getting 10 times the playing time that Adli does.
I replied to this in the commode.

Basically: we all want business people to have no say, but they have a say :lol: And we paid 35m for CdK and that's difficult for business people to ignore.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It only reads like this because you must have missed my post on Pobega :LOL:

I also literally just named two other players (Dest, Vranckx) who could be considered ok if graded on "still adjusting to Serie A" curve, in case you missed that too.

I was actually speaking of Tomori in my post about his first 1/2 year with us (otherwise I would not have written about only two bottled games lol I agree on CDKs very underwhelming season so far) :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was actually speaking of Tomori in my post about his first 1/2 year with us (otherwise I would not have written about only two bottled games lol I agree on CDKs very underwhelming season so far) :lol:
oh my fault, how embarrassing :LOL:

I thought you were being gentle on CDK

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
This terrorist allegri. Mr president city of Turin needs some freedom.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
oh my fault, how embarrassing :LOL:

I thought you were being gentle on CDK

Damn no I'm holding myself back every day because I already embarrassed myself two years ago when I said send Leao away and keep Rebic as starter instead :lol: Never liked the CDK transfer too much, especially not at those figures I always deemed at least 10M too high. When you're going to break the league transfer record you hope it's for someone who at least in youtube videos looks flashy and special.

But hey who am I, the dumbass who doubted Leao and Maldini in the past, to judge? So here I am holding back and putting all my trust in MMMs scouting abilities :proud:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I replied to this in the commode.

Basically: we all want business people to have no say, but they have a say :lol: And we paid 35m for CdK and that's difficult for business people to ignore.
But that's not what we're talking about though, the narrative is: "Adli is obviously shit, because he's not playing, and we can determine that he's shit due to the 114 minutes he's been given."

That is paired with an argument that Pioli is an inept moron who has drunken mastered his way to a title and success with Milan, but suddenly when it comes to Yacine Adli, he is this impartial oracle of truth.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But that's not what we're talking about though, the narrative is: "Adli is obviously shit, because he's not playing, and we can determine that he's shit due to the 114 minutes he's been given."
You are saying CdK is shit but is still playing, so I am telling you we invested in him more and that's what keeps the pressure to play him. There's also Vranckx, Pobega, and Krunic all ahead of Adli as well.

That is pared with an argument that Pioli is an inept moron who has drunken mastered his way to a title and success with Milan, but suddenly when it comes to Yacine Adli, he is this impartial oracle of truth.
I never said this, so I can't speak on this

Schedule