Official: Rafael Leão Thread

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
Very good 1st half, then mentally checked out. Worrisome not being able to hold on for 90min at this age.

Ideally, we should've subbed off Ibra for Rebic
He was clearly tired midway through the second half. I remember a run on the left flank, where he stopped and passed the ball back to Theo even though he was past his opponent. Knowing Leão, he never would have passed the ball back if he is not tired, even though the backpass is the right decision.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
He was clearly tired midway through the second half. I remember a run on the left flank, where he stopped and passed the ball back to Theo even though he was past his opponent. Knowing Leão, he never would have passed the ball back if he is not tired, even though the backpass is the right decision.
This is what is worrisome. If you're tired after 45' of playing at 22, what is going to happen when he gets older? This has always been the case with him, not one time thing.

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
This is what is worrisome. If you're tired after 45' of playing at 22, what is going to happen when he gets older? This has always been the case with him, not one time thing.
I agree to some extent. Clearly, he has to work on this. But the way he is playing is very explosive and dynamic. The runs he is making up the flank must be fatiguing. Yesterday, it looked like he wasted all his energy in the first half instead of dosing it on 90 minutes. In hindsight, Pioli should have put in Rebic for Leao way earlier

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
jntYUfq.gif

79kOOEh.gif

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
:lol:

Take a break man.

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
It is obvious. He hasnt hit puberty yet and his lungs havent fully developed. Also, you see any facial hair on that baby face? /s

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Very good 1st half, then mentally checked out. Worrisome not being able to hold on for 90min at this age.

Ideally, we should've subbed off Ibra for Rebic
you are not allowed to post on this thread

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
:lol: worrysome.. what the actual fuck

our only attacking threat and unexpected player, this is not even quality trolling

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
4.5-5m? What we thinking mendes is asking?

Iirc Maldini said Theo n Bennacer are very close, but with Leao there are still talks but hopes all three done soon

Be reasonable rafa

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
4.5-5m? What we thinking mendes is asking?

Iirc Maldini said Theo n Bennacer are very close, but with Leao there are still talks but hopes all three done soon

Be reasonable rafa
If he keeps this up I honestly don't care how much we pay him. He's becoming unstoppable.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol: worrysome.. what the actual fuck

our only attacking threat and unexpected player, this is not even quality trolling
So it's fine for a 21 y.o. player to be only capable of 45 mins of quality play?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Ronin, not everyone is going to have Gattuso/CR7 level determination and drive.
CR7 will still try to score if his team is 9-0 up on aggregate and there's 15 minutes left in the game.
R9 would often sleepwalk in a match where he already scored his goals (Zidane did this too).
You're aiming your criticism in the player who has been generating the most of our offensive output.

Can he be better? Yes. I have always said that the more Leao learns to push the issue the more he will get.
However to focus on him, when we literally have fires in our squad to put out is very very odd.
You will forgive me for thinking that you have some personal issue against the guy because we have a team where:
Brahim needs to get back to speed because he's been very ineffective
Saelemakers needs to improve
Messias is inconsistent
Kalulu is very error prone
Bakayoko is taking his own sweet time to get back into form
but somehow Leao needs to be mentioned

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronin, not everyone is going to have Gattuso/CR7 level determination and drive.
CR7 will still try to score if his team is 9-0 up on aggregate and there's 15 minutes left in the game.
R9 would often sleepwalk in a match where he already scored his goals (Zidane did this too).
You're aiming your criticism in the player who has been generating the most of our offensive output.

Can he be better? Yes. I have always said that the more Leao learns to push the issue the more he will get.
However to focus on him, when we literally have fires in our squad to put out is very very odd.
You will forgive me for thinking that you have some personal issue against the guy because we have a team where:
Brahim needs to get back to speed because he's been very ineffective
Saelemakers needs to improve
Messias is inconsistent
Kalulu is very error prone
Bakayoko is taking his own sweet time to get back into form
but somehow Leao needs to be mentioned
those players get enough criticism, but somehow Leao is never wrong on this forum. My goal is to bring balance :)

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
those players get enough criticism, but somehow Leao is never wrong on this forum. My goal is to bring balance :)
Fair enough.
I think I criticize him .... For much the same things as you...but maybe even then I am too gentle.

I wished the lot of you were less gentle on Daniel and Pellegri so I get where you are coming from

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fair enough.
I think I criticize him .... For much the same things as you...but maybe even then I am too gentle.

I wished the lot of you were less gentle on Daniel and Pellegri so I get where you are coming from
I have a compulsion to bring balance when I think there is some injustice. Ex when people were over-praising Romagnoli, I brought fair criticism, while defending Musakio, who I thought was unfairly shit on. I defended Suso, Kucka, Rebic, Krunic, etc.

When there is already a mass of people stating the same opinion, I don't feel the need to kick a dead horse.

Pellegri is obviously not a deal with the goal to bring short-time impact. I think they saw an opportunity that has low risk because he's cheap and still young, which in a good case scenario will become a good player for us or will sell for some plusvalenza, while in a bad case (not worst) will break even.

Daniel costs us close to nothing, is part of the Maldini of the family lineage that has been tied to Milan for 70 years now + everyone in the staff/squad seem to think he's talented... so it's a "low risk, high reward (potentially)" type of situation.

I have almost no expectation of the above players, so I don't get annoyed about them being here... and if I over-praise them sometime, it's usually trolling.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I have a compulsion to bring balance when I think there is some injustice. Ex when people were over-praising Romagnoli, I brought fair criticism, while defending Musakio, who I thought was unfairly shit on. I defended Suso, Kucka, Rebic, Krunic, etc.

When there is already a mass of people stating the same opinion, I don't feel the need to kick a dead horse.

Pellegri is obviously not a deal with the goal to bring short-time impact. I think they saw an opportunity that has low risk because he's cheap and still young, which in a good case scenario will become a good player for us or will sell for some plusvalenza, while in a bad case (not worst) will break even.

Daniel costs us close to nothing, is part of the Maldini of the family lineage that has been tied to Milan for 70 years now + everyone in the staff/squad seem to think he's talented... so it's a "low risk, high reward (potentially)" type of situation.

I have almost no expectation of the above players, so I don't get annoyed about them being here... and if I over-praise them sometime, it's usually trolling.
While I think we can all agree that your everlasting search to bring balance in response to the great injustice, that is the praise of Leao, indeed is a noble cause, I do wonder whether your urge would be any less compulsive had Rafa played on the right wing, and thus not been in direct competition for playing time with one Croatian love of yours?

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
While I think we can all agree that your everlasting search to bring balance in response to the great injustice, that is the praise of Leao, indeed is a noble cause, I do wonder whether your urge would be any less compulsive had Rafa played on the right wing, and thus not been in direct competition for playing time with one Croatian love of yours?

I'm not saying praising Leao is a great injustice, just think that he's over-hyped / praised and seems like he can't do anything wrong in the eyes of this forum. I did praise him for his good games, especially the last one which I think was his best in terms of consistency (no slouching), but the problem was he only was able to do it for 45min, which is a problem I've mentioned before the game in this thread. I'm happy to keep him for years to come, but if things don't change, I wouldn't like him to be our "best" and only attacking option on the left, as Rebic will probably fade in ~2 years.

And no, it's not connected to him playing same position as Ante. If he'd be in top shape, then he'd be the starter... and I'm glad now he has someone to alternate with, because otherwise people would shit on him and change to a hateful attitude towards him.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

I'm not saying praising Leao is a great injustice, just think that he's over-hyped / praised and seems like he can't do anything wrong in the eyes of this forum. I did praise him for his good games, especially the last one which I think was his best in terms of consistency (no slouching), but the problem was he only was able to do it for 45min, which is a problem I've mentioned before the game in this thread. I'm happy to keep him for years to come, but if things don't change, I wouldn't like him to be our "best" and only attacking option on the left, as Rebic will probably fade in ~2 years.

And no, it's not connected to him playing same position as Ante. If he'd be in top shape, then he'd be the starter... and I'm glad now he has someone to alternate with, because otherwise people would shit on him and change to a hateful attitude towards him.
Oh please. Stop with this Bullshit.
Its first this season people are starting to not criticize leao as much and rightfully so.

People like you keep licking rebics ass while trashing on leao in the slightest chance you get.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh please. Stop with this Bullshit.
Its first this season people are starting to not criticize leao as much and rightfully so.

People like you keep licking rebics ass while trashing on leao in the slightest chance you get.
169393784002202.gif

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Leao gasses out but aren't we going to talk about why Rebic needs months to regain fitness? The guy is 28 years old he should be in peak form

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leao gasses out but aren't we going to talk about why Rebic needs months to regain fitness? The guy is 28 years old he should be in peak form
It's been like 2 weeks since he returned from injury. Anyway, I've said it before - Ante's style is very intensive and effort consuming and I don't he will be able to keep it up much longer, at least for top level. As much as I love him, we'll probably need to move on from him after next season.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leao fans in the 2nd half of a game...

imp.jpg

"It's not your fault, it happens to everyone"

Schedule