Rosicky to Arsenal, good?

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
So a couple of days ago the transfer of Tomas Rosicky to Arsenal has been completed and confirmed.

Now my question is, does Arsenal have too many offensive players in their squad at the moment? Pires did leave, and Rosicky could take over his spot on the left side. But Pires already didn't play a lot of games last season, so his spot has already been taken.

Currently they still have:
- Jose Antonio Reyes, who is a striker. Not an attacking midfielder. He can play on the left side as well (left footed), just like Henry. Will most likely form the forward duo next season.
- Fredrik Ljungberg is another attacking midfielder. A winger though, on the right flank.
- Robin Van Persie is a huge talent, if you can still label him a talent seeing he has already shown his brilliance a couple of times. Still inconsistent, and will need to work on that. But also he is a forward. And a talent like Robin can't stay on the bench.
- Aleksander Hleb. Another attacking midfielder. Can play every position on the midfield.
- Cesc Fabregas. A versatile midfielder. A bit small to take over Vieira's role. But there's no way his talent will keep the bench warm.
- Theo Walcott. A promising player. Who knows what the future holds for this young Gunner.

Dennis Bergkamp will retire, so that does free up a spot. But also he didn't play a lot last season.

Personally I'm a huge fan of Tomas Rosicky (definitely will buy his jersey), but how will he fit in this crowded offense?

ForzaSneijder

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sneijder, Gila, Heitinga, Gattuso, Maldini, Simao,Kaka, Stam,Cambiasso, Ibra
K-J said:
So a couple of days ago the transfer of Tomas Rosicky to Arsenal has been completed and confirmed.

Now my question is, does Arsenal have too many offensive players in their squad at the moment? Pires did leave, and Rosicky could take over his spot on the left side. But Pires already didn't play a lot of games last season, so his spot has already been taken.

Currently they still have:
- Jose Antonio Reyes, who is a striker. Not an attacking midfielder. He can play on the left side as well (left footed), just like Henry. Will most likely form the forward duo next season.
- Fredrik Ljungberg is another attacking midfielder. A winger though, on the right flank.
- Robin Van Persie is a huge talent, if you can still label him a talent seeing he has already shown his brilliance a couple of times. Still inconsistent, and will need to work on that. But also he is a forward. And a talent like Robin can't stay on the bench.
- Aleksander Hleb. Another attacking midfielder. Can play every position on the midfield.
- Cesc Fabregas. A versatile midfielder. A bit small to take over Vieira's role. But there's no way his talent will keep the bench warm.
- Theo Walcott. A promising player. Who knows what the future holds for this young Gunner.

Dennis Bergkamp will retire, so that does free up a spot. But also he didn't play a lot last season.

Personally I'm a huge fan of Tomas Rosicky (definitely will buy his jersey), but how will he fit in this crowded offense?
He'll probs take the left wing or come on as a sub but that would be a huge waste of talent

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Passion for *9* said:
I'm confident Wenger has a plan.

Where have you been, K-J ?
Haha I missed you too Passion ;)

Just away, busy with school. Atucally having my last exams this week. After that, enough spare time to contribute to this forum again.

Oh and I see you've made a lot of posts while I was gone. :D

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Pires has left and Dennis Bergkamp is also leaving (i think) so there will be some place left for Rosicky. But my guess is he won't play much at the start but will start to blossom some time in January. It'll take him some time to adapt to English football. But have to admit it, this was a good signing by Wenger.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Yeah I expect Wenger to let him adjust to the speed of the Premiership slowly. Just like Reyes, not let him start full games. The advantage Rosicky does have, is that he joined in the summer.

If this signing pans out (and I think it will), it will give the Arsenal a very scary offense that isn't nowhere near the 30 with Van Persie, Rosicky, Fabregas, Hleb and Walcott.

Now what would other potential Arsenal signings be? Perhaps a defensive midfielder? Diaby is still very young, but it would be a waste to sign a big name if you have this young man waiting in the wings.

A veteran defender? We do already have Sol Campbell, but how long will he stay? There some "problems", but Senderos is very promising. And Kolo Touré plays up to Arsenal standards as well. And young Eboué has just been great so far, considering his inexperience and age. Cole, I guess he's staying. But Flamini filled in for him nicely as well when Cole was injured.

How about a young goalkeeper? Lehmann did have one of the best seasons of his career last season. His "mental stability" prevented any costly mistakes in the CL. But I assume this upcoming season will be his last.

(1500th post! :tongue: Took me a while to get there, about 3 years)

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Sol Campbell is still good but he's losing pace as he's getting older. Arsenal have "lots" of young + good players, even though I don't really like Arsenal i have to admit if all their players stay they will be the best team in Europe in a few years.

Gk (whoever)
Eboue Toure Senderos Cole
Helb Cesc Flamini
Rosicky
V.Persie Reyes

Imgine them after a few years ... :eek: Much more scaier than the current Barca.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Yeah sounds good, and they already laid their foundations last season. And behind those players there are even more promising players at the moment.

But at the moment, all those players could end up worse. These players do want to play. Just look at Owusu-Abeyie, shame he left.

And the Arsenal will look to add some more players this offseason. Do you have any ideas who they might look at, any players you like for the "Arsenal-system"?

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Rosicky is a perfect signing of The Gunners. He is one of the best play makers , very talented and quick too . He reminds me of Kaka's signing to Milan. i m seeing a bright future for Arsenal .

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Yupe they might be able to finish 4th in the 2nd last week of the season instead of waiting for the last week this season :D

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
menon_inc said:
Yupe they might be able to finish 4th in the 2nd last week of the season instead of waiting for the last week this season :D

You're so generous. Did you check out vick n luda?

I think Wenger is building his team around Henry. Henry's fitness will be vital for the team's success next season. Sol still has two seasons in him. There is an outrageous rumour circling around stating he is moving to Fenerbarche. Ljunberg still has the pace. He played well on the left against Barca (after being reduced to 10 men). However, Rosicky looks like being Pires' eventual replacement. Thats two midfeild picks from the German Bundesliga: Hleb now Rosicky. Seems like everyone is moving to England :head:

But Arsenal's doing what we should be doing ... investing in the midfeild.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
madtherchot said:
I think Wenger is building his team around Henry. Henry's fitness will be vital for the team's success next season.
Exactly, last season Henry missed a couple of games at the beginning (of the season). Which caused him to be more fit towards the end of the season. In contrary to other seasons when he could to play all the games from the start of the season, and at the end was just too tired to finish it well. A reason why this season Arsenal did reach the Finals instead of crashing in the quarterfinals/semifinals.

And I just love the style of play of the "new" players. All are playmakers, love to run with the ball. And are also above-average fast.

All the big name signings have been young promising players as well. Most outside the UK, which is a risk considering how they will adapt to the fast paced Premiership. Most of them succeeded so far, which also says a lot of Wenger's skills developing young talents. I'm looking forward to how Walcott and Rosicky will develop over the next years.

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
Wenger have plans for him in the line up im sure....he will not be a sub, Arsenal has been after him for some transfer seasons

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
A perfect transfer..
Arsenal will be a great team in a few years unless Wenger leaves.

Schedule