Stam to go to Milan - agent Van Ginkel

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
i could see this as another Pancaro..

no one wanted him in the first place..

but now hes one of our most valuable defenders..

and saved our ass in the Brescia game!

now think what a player of Stam's calibre could do at Milan..

:cool:

Milan4ever

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva,aimar,nesta,maldini,van basten,veron,tevez,
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
:cool: ..that is..nice
:eek: i can't wait 2 see Jap Stam....Wearing Rossoneri.shirt..and that is dream... :rolleyes: ..
our Defence will Come..fantastic....and even we can play..tree Defence..

Forza milan

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
savicevic10 said:
I'm sorry, but if you think Stam joining Milan is a bad thing . . . well i don't know what to say . . . :head:

I don't know, try watching some Lazio games.

Alex, Mexes, Kompany let someone else introduce them to Serie A. Not us. We've been down that road.

There aren't that many strong candidates around.

We've just bought the arguably best defender in the world for two seasons and you're all pissed off?

Compete agreed. Stam is in the same catagory as Nesta, simply world class.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
savicevic10 said:
I'm sorry, but if you think Stam joining Milan is a bad thing . . . well i don't know what to say . . . :head:

I don't know, try watching some Lazio games.

Alex, Mexes, Kompany let someone else introduce them to Serie A. Not us. We've been down that road.

There aren't that many strong candidates around.

We've just bought the arguably best defender in the world for two seasons and you're all pissed off?

I'm not denying he has some qualities as a defender.

I said I'm a) biased cos of his drug offense (and he looks like he's still on some stuff, he he :tongue: ;)) and b) hiring a 30+ is not what I consider rejuvenation . It's pretty obvious that I've been been advocating the necessity of maintaining a good mix between young + experienced since day 1 of my appearance in these forums + won't reverse an opinion that I consider right just because everyone else does.

He will cost money, he will demand a starting position, he will block the integration of future players for 2 years, his signing will mean we fork out money for a defender twice instead of going for the young but already experienced/adapted... He would only be at disposal next season, none of us can predict what his form will be by that time. It's a short-term patch-up... nothing else. To think with him will come the scudetti galore is just... naive.

Why do we need a rejuvenation? We are the worlds best side, seria A leaders and euorpe Champions. Yes id like us to see Gilardino and Bonera for Milan but Stam is possiblly the best signing we could make.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Melbourne said:
acmilan1988 said:
What!!! Another 30s !!!!! No way!!!!!

We had enough buying players who already past their peak time. Look at Cafu and Redondo......

So I think we better buy two or three YOUNG great defenders like Bonera, Alex or Mancini!!!

god almight. Redondo bashing again. Best on grounds isnt good enough for you hey?
Stam isnt over the hill. Now and the next 2 seasons he will be in his prime.

It's no bashing, it's being realistic. You guys point out how old Pippo is on every occasion... don't you ? (and he's 30, not 32 or 34) ;) No matter how you're gonna twist'n turn it, Stam won't be in his prime when he joins Milan... he will be on the decline. FACT.

No. He is in his prime. Jaap is as strong and fast as he ever was. His tackling and understanding of the game is class. Stam will be at his best for at least another 2 years.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
K-J said:
Passion for *9* said:
It's no bashing, it's being realistic. You guys point out how old Pippo is on every occasion... don't you ? (and he's 30, not 32 or 34) ;) No matter how you're gonna twist'n turn it, Stam won't be in his prime when he joins Milan... he will be on the decline. FACT.
like savicevic stated, prime ages differ per position

Yep.

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I GUARANTEE that Stam won't be better in Milan and he won't make a big impact which is not our main objective on buying new players.
I agree that he is still great defenders and I watched that Lazio beat Milan in Coppa Italia where he played great match. But I still think he would be another Cafu or Pancaro if he comes to Milan.

If I were Berlusconi I would spend my money on:
1. V.Vaart
2. Bonera
3. Trabelsi
4. a young world class striker, such as Gilardino, Robinho or Adriano or O.Martin.
5. Alex.

Then we would be the best team in the world for at least the next 7 years and then start buying new players again.

I also would sell some players in the team because look at us now we haven't sold any players to make money for a long time.
Look at Real or Man U or Juve or other team. At least they sell a player every season. Real sold Makelele, Man U sold Beckham, Juve sold Zidane.
And they still have great teams.

I would sell Pippo for at least 20 Million Pounds because he is getting old and out of shape. I know some of u guys will disagree. so I'm sorry for Pippo fan but it's a fact. Also, Laursen and R.Junior are obviously for sale if they don't improve 1000% better by the end of the season.

sid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A.Nesta
Stam in Milan?
GREAT!
SUPER GREAT!
Another great defender in Milan!
But what about Alex :conf:

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
well i saw the Holland vs USA game, and i say he's pretty decent, not really solid as there is at least couple of attacks broke in his area that could have been a goal for USA (it was just a matter of cannot kicking the ball right)... but maybe if he combines with nesta the backline will be solid

btw, nistelrooy sux big time, i dont know why is he so famous :conf:

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
mtfco said:
well i saw the Holland vs USA game, and i say he's pretty decent, not really solid as there is at least couple of attacks broke in his area that could have been a goal for USA (it was just a matter of cannot kicking the ball right)... but maybe if he combines with nesta the backline will be solid

btw, nistelrooy sux big time, i dont know why is he so famous :conf:
lol Ruud sucked indeed

Stam was very dominating although he didn't play a good game.

Did you see Robben? Damn... he made Hedjuk see stars :eek:

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
K-J said:
lol Ruud sucked indeed

Stam was very dominating although he didn't play a good game.

Did you see Robben? Damn... he made Hedjuk see stars :eek:
maybe stam looked dominant becoz his big body and baldy-head?? hehe :D
and oh yeah, i saw that kicked to his face, maaan, he must have seen so many stars...

hypnotize

Primavera
Reaction score
[quote = "soccerage"]Meanwhile, Rossoneri president Silvio Berlusconi has commented on the proposed Stam to Milan deal, saying "He is an intelligent person. He wants to win and has decided to come to Milan. He has done well."[/quote]

You know when Silvio Berlusconi say about something.....

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Stam is ideal. An underpayed (erm.....actually, a non-payed) Nandro-pheen?

He will do just fine.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
acmilan1988 said:
I GUARANTEE that Stam won't be better in Milan and he won't make a big impact which is not our main objective on buying new players.
I agree that he is still great defenders and I watched that Lazio beat Milan in Coppa Italia where he played great match. But I still think he would be another Cafu or Pancaro if he comes to Milan.

If I were Berlusconi I would spend my money on:
1. V.Vaart
2. Bonera
3. Trabelsi
4. a young world class striker, such as Gilardino, Robinho or Adriano or O.Martin.
5. Alex.

Then we would be the best team in the world for at least the next 7 years and then start buying new players again.

I also would sell some players in the team because look at us now we haven't sold any players to make money for a long time.
Look at Real or Man U or Juve or other team. At least they sell a player every season. Real sold Makelele, Man U sold Beckham, Juve sold Zidane.
And they still have great teams.

I would sell Pippo for at least 20 Million Pounds because he is getting old and out of shape. I know some of u guys will disagree. so I'm sorry dor Pippo fan but it's a fact.

Erm no. Stam is a world class player. He is a better player than Bonera
Trabelsi, Alex and Ferrari. Saying that id love us to by bonera or Ferrair along with Stam and Gilardino

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
"full story" from Berlusconi

tribalfootball.com said:
Berlusconi: Stam made intelligent choice in AC Milan
tribalfootball.com - February 19, 2004

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi says Jaap Stam was always going to join from Lazio.
Asked about the Dutchman's decision to commit to Milan for next season, Burlesconi replied: "Stam is an intelligent person and therefore, wants to win and he has done well to choose to come to Milan.

"The fact he has chosen AC Milan is a great thing for everyone connected to the club - right through to the president."

persik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Melbourne said:
Passion for *9* said:
I can't believe it + keep hoping the deal won't materialize as both clubs haven't agreed terms yet.

PLEASE.... Milan... RECONSIDER !!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

What is wrong with you... Stam is a class player. World class.
One of only a handul of plauers which would make our defence.

Nothing's wrong, dude... absolutely nothing. I just don't hail every stupid move Milan makes as fantastic, you know... and this would be a stupid move in my books. Milan's backline will be OLD + STATIC, and where do we put him in the first place ? Well, maybe it hints at Maldini resigning at the end of the season. Wonder why nobody has considered this yet... Maldini as a leftback ? Time doesn't stand still + even legends get past their prime.....

Can't say it often enough, the 8 million Galliani wants to fork out for him could be invested in a YOUNG player. Juve have decided the price is too high + have dropped out of the bidding race, Inter want Mexes.... Why oh why are Milan dirigents so dumb ? :o

Hey "passion" you could say very free to other members of the forum - about what wrong with you, and why you really don't like to see world class defender as Stam in the Milan.

But if you don't want. Then I make it clear what is going on.

Does anybody know - why Jaap Stam was sold from MU to Lazio, beeing considered as one of the top defenders? No!??!?!?

It is very simple - Cause he wrote autobiography book, and there were a lot of statements about MU and players, about reletionships among players and coach. But not only this he wrote (though it is very strange to think that Jaap could something write, when whatching him)
but anyway it was also about other players, Stam has played with. And inclusive about Pippitto. And I am really recomend this book to read.

Stam admitted there - that among all forwards that he ever played against, - Inzaghi is the shirtest one, cause Pippito falls from even first touch, simulates and it seems always that he is going to cry if refery wouldn't do something with this evil defender who has touched him.
Stam also said he would be very pleased to talk with Pipitto somewhere else.

Oh that is he - very funny Stam and very funny book. :devil3:
Stam!!! - come on, you are so welcomed in Milan. Especially Inzaghi is very pleased to welcome you.
Perhaps it would be very nice if Stam and Pipitto will share the one room during Milan's aways games.

Forza Stam in Milan!!!!!!!!!!!

:devil3: :devil3: :devil3:

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hey "passion" you could say very free to other members of the forum - about what wrong with you, and why you really don't like to see world class defender as Stam in the Milan

I also would welcome most world class players, espcially Stam. Like 'passion' id like to see youth at the club but i dont want a team of 17 year olds. Stam is one of the best defenders at the world, id love to have him at the club.

Does anybody know - why Jaap Stam was sold from MU to Lazio, beeing considered as one of the top defenders? No!??!?!?

It is very simple - Cause he wrote autobiography book, and there were a lot of statements about MU and players, about reletionships among players and coach. But not only this he wrote (though it is very strange to think that Jaap could something write, when whatching him)
but anyway it was also about other players, Stam has played with. And inclusive about Pippitto. And I am really recomend this book to read.

As other people have mentioned, Nesta and Stam has a magical relatinship together. With Maldini next to them and Gattuso/Pirlo cleaning up in front of them our team will be great!

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He did a great job with Holland last night against US.

But I think it's too late to sign him as he is already getting old.

walid

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva,Costacurta
Stam Maldini Nesta :eek:
world super class :devil3:
Clayton dos santos from primavera,an outstanding defender :tongue: !!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
K-J said:
like savicevic stated, prime ages differ per position

K-J... Sav10... As if I didn't know that...

But thing is.. while say at a time when I was still crapping my diapers, it was normal to have 30+ y.o. class defenders while the forwards would be starting to lose it at that age (the touch I mean), you can't really make such a generalisation anymore. Modern sports medicine + sophisticated you-know-what have led to people being fitter regardless of the position they play... And yet you also have the odd example defying all logic: defenders who're going downhill at 29/30 (Cannavaro :tongue:) or 25 (ROQUE Jr. :o) + forwards who're still quite good in their mid-30s (Baggio, Shearer, van Hoojdonk just come to mind)

You know, I'm really not insinuating Stam would walk on the pitch on crutches or get a lil too stiff in the hips due to arthritis or whatever but the likeliness exists that he might lose form quickly, there's just no way to predict it...

My *main beef* however is that we will have an old defense for too long (+ old also means more susceptible to injury !) + miss out on integrating young players now + thus will have to make very radical changes in 2 years whereas rejuvenating the backline gradually seems a lot wiser in terms of maintaining continuity + consistency.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Melbourne said:
As other people have mentioned, Nesta and Stam has a magical relatinship together.

They only played together for one season, actually not even one season as he only played 13 matches in 2001/02 due to his doping ban. A whole lot of magic you can develop during that short period, yea right... :o

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
percik said:
Hey "passion" you could say very free to other members of the forum - about what wrong with you, and why you really don't like to see world class defender as Stam in the Milan.

But if you don't want. Then I make it clear what is going on...

Percik, percik... you're way off the mark again. His fallout with Ferguson that ended his Man U stint is common knowledge. The disparaging comments he made he in fact made on BOTH Inzaghis + as we all know... he had to play with one of them at Lazio. What you forget is that players are professionals who are entitled to have personal opinions on other players but only as long as they do not interfere with the interests of their employers. If someone isn't mature enough to leave his animosities behind when entering the pitch or the training ground he's sent packing. That's what happened to poor Stam at Man U. Looks like he has learned his lesson, eh ? If he should fall back on old habits, however, he will be sent packing again. Life is simple.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Just think of this in these terms:

Stam is better than Martin Laursen. :)

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
percik said:
unrossonero said:
i wonder where this pippitto comes from :conf: :head:

As I know from PIACENZA and he used to play for LEFFE and perhaps he should better as soon as it only possible to come there back.

man, get a grip, i refer to the word itself :head: : where the hell does 'pippitto' comes from? ... i've never heard anyone call someone else 'pippitto' here ... certainly not filippo inzaghi :o

persik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
unrossonero said:
percik said:
unrossonero said:
i wonder where this pippitto comes from :conf: :head:

As I know from PIACENZA and he used to play for LEFFE and perhaps he should better as soon as it only possible to come there back.

man, get a grip, i refer to the word itself :head: : where the hell does 'pippitto' comes from? ... i've never heard anyone call someone else 'pippitto' here ... certainly not filippo inzaghi :o

Girl.. It came from my mind absolutely from somewhere deep. And it is in full manner describes my attitude to this "prolific" striker

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
percik said:
Girl.. It came from my mind absolutely from somewhere deep. And it is in full manner describes my attitude to this "prolific" striker

actually, it just describes how inadequate your approach is ... it really seems you're talking about something you have no idea about ... pretty much as when you try to amuse us with your verbose and eccentric ideas about football.

btw, it mustn't be the only concept coming from very deep inside you :rolleyes: ... how on earth can <<unrossonero>> be the nick for a girl? :conf: ... you're weird, percik :eek: ... come on, hallo? we are on planet earth! wakie wakie :D

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Passion for *9* said:
But thing is.. while say at a time when I was still crapping my diapers, it was normal to have 30+ y.o. class defenders while the forwards would be starting to lose it at that age (the touch I mean), you can't really make such a generalisation anymore. Modern sports medicine + sophisticated you-know-what have led to people being fitter regardless of the position they play... And yet you also have the odd example defying all logic: defenders who're going downhill at 29/30 (Cannavaro :tongue:) or 25 (ROQUE Jr. :o) + forwards who're still quite good in their mid-30s (Baggio, Shearer, van Hoojdonk just come to mind)
Those are just special strikers who can add something unique to a team. Shearer with his headers and ability to hold the ball, Hooijdonk with his free-kicks and also his headers. And Roberto Baggio is just gold for a 'relegation' team like Brescia. A good example for this are keepers. They're in their top when they're a lil' above their 30s. Ofcourse there could be an exception, some good, some bad.

Schedule