• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
e2f9ab1c-1626-481c-9cbe-98d173c28e09_text.gif

My comment from the beginning was to joke about how your side would look at advanced stats and say Sportiello isn't good either.

You sir, made those assertions (Tata is the worst, Musso is worse than Sportiello) and asked me to explain them. SO I explained them with the again examples of why these stats are bullshit because:

- cited brk
- if we put any weight into this stats, there are other stupid statements to be made i.e. Radu is better than Maigan, Atalanta and Juventus purposefully playing noticeably worse keepers by this stat.
- EVEN IF we even look at whoscored ratings of matches this year and short term clean sheet stats, Sportiello is dime-or-dozen with Tata :o

So in summary, these stats means very little, Tata wasn't our main problem and long live Backup Keeper Anti-Defamation League. I am looking forward to defending Sportiello from defamation and discrimination with fervor next season and onwards :proud:
I was going to go really hard on this, you're wrong. Like, up-and-down on this issue, your framing, everything, you're wrong.

Will do if he gets a silly yellow and then later on scared to make a tackle because he's booked
How about when he starts running out to clear an easy ball, but then he doesn't commit, leaving our defender stranded, and then, the other team scores because of that? How about that?

Pretend Tata's name is Fik Tata, and make gifs of his amazing plays, please.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was going to go really hard on this, you're wrong. Like, up-and-down on this issue, your framing, everything, you're wrong.
charliemurphy-wrong.gif

No, you. Those data are silly unless used long term :o Using Tata is literally bottom 5 in top 5 league to explain our January form is wrong.

There is nothing that helps your position on Tata. The team literally showed they were capable of playing better with Tata, people literally screamed for a 24 year old Colombian from Paraguayan league over Tata and they were wrong :lol:

How about when he starts running out to clear an easy ball, but then he doesn't commit, leaving our defender stranded, and then, the other team scores because of that? How about that?

Pretend Tata's name is Fik Tata, and make gifs of his amazing plays, please.
Will do.

Only if the defender has no chance to clear it themselves, and didn't fall down like Furio on a stick.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tata is ok (maybe even one of the better reserve keepers in Serie A) when the team is performing. He has zero leadership despite being an old GK, so the question is imo if one can fault him for that or if that is already above his paygrade.

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score

“There is a phenomenal fan base in Milan, with Tottenham we set a record in Italian history. The fans did their job, now it's our turn."

lmao

if this motherfucker doesn't spend 100m this mercato I s2g

“Will I continue with Elliott's sustainability policy? What do you think? I learned from Steinbrenner that you can't buy wins. What you can control is constancy, perform with constancy” #Milan

Guess not

Stop crying, dude.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah except mountains of data that you literally pretend isn't useful.
Yea, because you are trying to assign fault based on those data and they aren't useful. (i.e. just because Tata was bad previously doesn't mean he was the one to blame, nor does it mean Sportiello would have fared better during that stretch)

If those data were so powerful and convincing, those in power literally would have used the mountains of data that an average Joe was able to obtain and make decisions based on those.

So mountains of data, and reaction from our management is:

1677791766273.png

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yea, because you are trying to assign fault based on those data and they aren't useful.

If those data were so powerful and convincing, those in power literally would have used the mountains of data that an average Joe was able to obtain and make decisions based on those.

View attachment 15780
There's a cost-benefit analysis that they obviously made. That's why Sportiello has signed for next year and Tata won't be around.

Have you used your magical eye test on Vasquez yet?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There's a cost-benefit analysis that they obviously made. That's why Sportiello has signed for next year and Tata won't be around.
That's one way to say "Fine as we are" and roll with Tata going into second half of the season. ;)

Have you used your magical eye test on Vasquez yet?
I haven't but Pioli has. Not good enough, even to bench a bottom 5 in Top 5 league keeper who has mountains of historical data justifying hes crap :o

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yea, because you are trying to assign fault based on those data and they aren't useful.

View attachment 15780

It amazes me that Colombians still get overlooked for being shitty because of the 2014 world cup :proud::lol:

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
I stand corrected. They had the injury crisis planned in the summer and promised Thiaw that he will get his chance when Pioli has literally no other options.
what crisis?:lol: it was only one defender injured at a time.
kjaer: salernitana, roma, torino (coppa) -> back against lecce.
tomori: sassuolo, inter, torino (serie a) -> back against monza.
so we had 4 defenders available at all times throughout january: kalulu, gabbia, tomori/kjaer, thiaw.

thiaw's first start came against torino, where all but tomori were available. so again… what injury crisis and why do you think gabbia was not an option?:monto:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's one way to say "Fine as we are" and roll with Tata going into second half of the season. ;)
Worked last season which went exactly like you predicted with your realism ;)

I haven't but Pioli has. Not good enough, even to bench a bottom 5 in Top 5 league keeper who has mountains of historical data justifying hes crap :o
Ah, yes. I always knew you to be a massive believer in Pioli's competence as a manager.

Tata was never shoved aside for Mirante who then was even worse, so he obviously never wanted to bench Tata.

I'm going to the dentist for a more enjoyable experience with pulling teeth.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
what crisis?:lol: it was only one defender injured at a time.
kjaer: salernitana, roma, torino (coppa) -> back against lecce.
tomori: sassuolo, inter, torino (serie a) -> back against monza.
so we had 4 defenders available at all times throughout january: kalulu, gabbia, tomori/kjaer, thiaw.

thiaw's first start came against torino, where all but tomori were available. so again… what injury crisis and why do you think gabbia was not an option?:monto:
Short defenders are health crisis

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ah, yes. I always knew you to be a massive believer in Pioli's competence as a manager.
Not like he listens to me. Might as well use his decisions for the next best thing to Milan winning: to trigger Sam :lol:
Tata was never shoved aside for Mirante who then was even worse, so he obviously never wanted to bench Tata.
So Pioli isn't a subscriber of the mountains of data either? and Maldino does nothing?

I thought we were stats driven.
I'm going to the dentist for a more enjoyable experience with pulling teeth.
hqfuyU.gif

just hope he doesn’t pull on the wrong teeth ;)

Last edited:

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Issue with Tata is that stylistically he is too different from Mike. I’ll give him a pass on distribution because Mike is basically elite on that, you won’t get anywhere close to replacing that from a backup.

Tata is probably ok to be a spot starter here and there, like last season. He had some bad games and then the penalty save vs inter. Issue is over time his differences come out between he and Mike. Not even about good or bad, he’s just not as aggressive and it doesn’t fit our backline. Anyone with eyes can see the defenders didn’t trust him, and when he never really leaves his line it forces our defensive line several yards deeper. At which point our backline who’s strengths(at least kalulu tomori) goes from being high pressing ball hawks to a traditional box defender, and their vulnerability to crossing and whatnot comes out.

I know the tata back and forth has some shithousing and stuff in it but yeah, it’s not about stats or even how good or bad tata is. It’s just about stylistic differences. We need a younger more mobile keeper to backup mike so we can play relatively the same way without him.

BobbySwizz

Primavera
Reaction score
After seeing Timothy Weah express his love for Milan, it led me to look at how his season has been going, especially because I always liked the thought of him coming as a backup for the wings.

Unexpected but he has been playing LB this season??? Possible backup for Theo and various positions? His contract is up in 2024 and transfermarkt has him valued at 12m. Could be a nice bargain signing

La Chupacabra

Primavera aficionado
Reaction score
I don't get why we are not using Toulouse for sending players like Lazetic ot Traore for experience.
Does anyone follow them, seem to have a decent season, maybe we can get someone in the summer?

Zgontronoman

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

I bet it was not 5 years but 2 or 3. Someone tell him that we won 7CL by spending some money and not by having a business plan. If you want to seriously compete in the CL you need to spend, i don't think 100m a year would be enough, but it would be a start at least.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I wouldn't get my hopes up about that. It's most likely going to be a typical stadium, there's been a sort of consensus that its the best sort of design. Best case it ends up similar to the Tottenham stadium in that it's technologically impressive, but as a building form, it's going to be a typical modern stadium. I can almost guarantee that.
This is like swallowing rotten fish.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
In the meantime, Gerry Cardinale the Italian Yankee said he first heard of AC Milan 4 or 5 years ago. FORZA MILAN
Do you think Gerry can name our starting 11 at this point? I was under the impression that he’s a lifelong Calcio supporter. that interview is giving me Ted Lasso vibes

But that aside if he ditches inter and gets this stadium thing through, all will be forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule