Choose your ethical dilemma

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Lois Openda, a Belgian striker we were linked to in December/January, has just scored a hattrick in the space of 5 minutes against clermont foot.

Origi :fpIbra:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
What's the latest on that big alleged stadium win a week ago?

RBaggio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
View attachment 16128

This is what it looks like after removing the expiring players (Ibra, Bakayoko, Dest, Tata, Mirante, Brahim and Giroud). I'm assuming we're signing Vranckx at 12m.

The players above cost 22.6m a year.

Lets also assume we make some expected sales:

Rebic 10m
FBT 5m

That would give us 9m in profit on the books, and a reduction of 8.9m in squad costs, bringing the total down to 98.3m

Keep in mind our title winning squad cost 129.8m annually.

That squad above is missing a few players. Let's assume a squad of 27, and as there are currently 22 players on that list we'd need 5 more.

Our squad needs would be backup GK, LB backup, CM, LW backup and CF. I'll pick some names as an example:

Sportiello free and 1.85m gross
Parisi 15m transfer, 2.2m gross
Loftus-Cheek 25m transfer 5.3m gross
Okafor 25m transfer 2.9m gross
Scamacca 30m transfer 4.6 gross

View attachment 16130

Those players would have a total annual impact of 36.9m, bringing the new total to 135.2m.

That would make the squad cost higher than the total for the 2021/22 squad, which makes me doubt if RedBird has that appetite. Still, the revenue for 23/24 is expected to be higher than 350m, and the revenue for the 21/22 year was 265m. Huge difference. Hopefully we can trust Maldini saying that we can't spend until we've had a few seasons of CL under our belt. Qualifying this season would mean 3 years of consistent CL participation. We can't have another season of lowered squad costs. It's impossible. We've lowered it every season since 2019. We're currently lower than Juve, Inter, Napoli and even fucking Roma. We're almost on par with Lazio. Enough already, let's start ramping up, we have nobody that's overpaid anymore. It's now time to spend.
I agree except 15 m parisi. With this tight budget and important holes i dont think spending 15 m for a backup is logical. We can find someone free or loan. I dont think we should spend more than 5 million. Even if we can handle it free it is the best solution.

RBaggio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

CDK is playing?

Nope not making the same mistake again, I intend to skip this match and I will. If he scores fuck it, I’m not gonna sacrifice sleep just to see him play only to not see him score and lose the match like last week.

Need to stop obsessing with this kid and his goals. He’s gonna be the death of me I swear

Cdk shouldnt play. We drop points against cremonese. Salernitana is playing for their life. We cant risk it. Also in our good period in last 6 games we scored just 6 goals. We are not storming offensively. Fio game was disaster with cdk and rebic upfront. No cdk unless 2-0 and after 70. Minute

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Cdk shouldnt play. We drop points against cremonese. Salernitana is playing for their life. We cant risk it. Also in our good period in last 6 games we scored just 6 goals. We are not storming offensively. Fio game was disaster with cdk and rebic upfront. No cdk unless 2-0 and after 70. Minute
i kind of have a feeling that cdk will score next game

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
i kind of have a feeling that cdk will score next game
People have said that every game and he still hasn't scored.

the-sopranos-tony-soprano.gif

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Even if Pioli fucked up, a good RW would have given the extra few points to make up for it. The team should be good enough to make up for some fuckups. Scudetto can't be guaranteed but top 4 should be a minimum target.

Maybe Rebird thought that after the Scudetto win, a top 4 finish this season would be guaranteed!. A big hole like RW affects the whole attack. Now even the LW is less effective because other teams ignore the RW and just focus on the LW. So leaving this obvious hole in the team makes a huge difference to the quality of the team
Not just RW - CM issues

Even if Pioli did fuck up earlier, owners and management are once again in his debt so long as we reach top 4 because in January despite what Maldini said (he said the same the previous year and then admitted in the summer he wouldve liked to have money) they werent allowed to add anything of worth when we were spiraling.

Elliot / Redbird play the odds ruthlessly and Pioli exceeds them.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Coming out is literally a brave thing though.

I mean yeah I was seeing this analogy in Twitter as well and it kinda bugged me.

I might be coming across as ‘woke’ or sensitive here and I’m sorry for that, because I kinda get what you’re trying to say. I get this line of defence but it’s still the wrong way to approach it in my opinion as it is implying that liking another man is wrong, which at least to me isn’t the case at all.

Secondly gays were historically and still are more discriminated against. Sure the group that condemns the ‘beard’ won’t condone the gays but there will be another group that would condone the gays and they’re usually superior in numbers.
You got something to tell us bro?
No judgement

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
it's like congo's gambling addiction. eventually, he's going to win/score:o
Just let it not be like the Chicago Cubs - next year was their year for over 100 years
A wise bet would be to say that CDK will score another goal in his footballing career. Just not for Milan at this rate :(

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Isn’t that necessarily a good thing for Inter? Will force the Suning to sell/default, have them take over and that could change their situation isn’t it?
For merda fans yeah, but I am 99% sure the Chinese will draw another loan to refinance it and this will drive them down even further. The longer Zhang stay, the better

For us

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
similarities between cheapos like Kvara & Kalulu?they played
add Thiaw, he’s worthless before 343. Now he‘s gaining.

Had Kvara goes to Milan, he wont Benched Leao.

Maldini can sign anyone, you name the price, but without playing time, they wont have the stage to perform
Back when the forum format still old (not the one we're using now), I said that I want Kvara to replace Leao (and not act as his sub). Leao started to performed, but I saw his flaws and try to pointed it to the others. The rise of Leao started the rise of his fanboys, and naturally, when I criticize him, spear and stone thrown before I can even finishing my sentences.

And that's, marked my decade old of war to defends my opinion about him (until Leao's change or sold).

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Come on man Adli is a good kid
He is, which is why I put him under the Haugadli bucket and not the other buckets (good kid, Trains hard, inexplicably ignored by Pioli)

Hauge ultimately wasn’t good enough, but Adli not getting minutes even off the bench is so weird to me

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Ill do it but I won’t ever make the mistake of imagining that saving will be spend on the squad.

We are heading towards profit this FY but I’m still not comfortable making any definitive expectations again. Elliott/RedBird stinginess is extreme.
If we make CL, do you think this is the year of the big investment into a CF?

Honestly we just cannot continue with Giroud/Origi for another season

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
I think he means players that are on loan or leaving like Dest and Bakayoko.
Baka, Dest, Ibra, Caldara, Adli (probably loan). Maybe we can do something with Origi as well.

CDK is a mystery, I hope he shows up otherwise I wouldn’t be opposed to cashing in if we get something close to what we paid.

There is quite a lot of potential this summer tk reduce the costs of non contributors which should ideally not affect the team negatively at all.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even if Pioli fucked up, a good RW would have given the extra few points to make up for it. The team should be good enough to make up for some fuckups. Scudetto can't be guaranteed but top 4 should be a minimum target.

Maybe Rebird thought that after the Scudetto win, a top 4 finish this season would be guaranteed!. A big hole like RW affects the whole attack. Now even the LW is less effective because other teams ignore the RW and just focus on the LW. So leaving this obvious hole in the team makes a huge difference to the quality of the team

Not much disagreement here. Only that I'd still put more blame on Pioli. Saele and Messias are no pure wingers sure but not that shit neither in my books. There are solutions to that, Pioli is paid well and even got a raise to find them - and we are seeing them being put in practice finally, only way too late.

I stand by it: The team who just won Scudetto should be good enough for a Top 4 finish, eventhough I agree there is never such thing as a guarantee (neither with spending money tho). But when none of our direct rivals broke the bank to improve their teams (Napoli lost two key players, hats off to them that their low-cost-replacements turned out to be even better than what they lost) and Pioli still can't reach Top 4 with that team that just won a Scudetto, then he definitely has to take the biggest blame IMO.

But yeah, it's still a missed opportunity when we could have put some distance between us and our rivals (and even make up for some Pioli butchery and stubbornness).

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just get me someone tall fast and technical. I’m so sick of watching Giroud and Origi game after game. It’s maddening, every other top 7 side has a decent striker but us
A CF and CM are so necessary for this team

Hell I'll live another year with Salad/Messias RWB if there can be significant investments in those areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule