Choose your ethical dilemma

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Pioli has very limited options to play better/different football.
Look at what his players can offer.
Except for Theo, Leao, and Diaz who have some tricks under their sleeves who else does he have to break a deadlock?
Last night we didn't have anyone to try a long shot because our only one (Theo) was injured.
We also don't have good crossers or good headers of the ball except for Giroud who was not there either.
For tactical flexibility you need some verity in your players' attributes.
I think we need to be a little more reasonable in criticizing Pioli.

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
When Ibra is frank and not playing his superhero persona, I take what he says seriously. It worries me, I'll be honest.

Otherwise, I largely agree, but I think Pioli has not used his resources properly this year at all. Adli, Pobega, Vranckx, have all been misused in my opinion. CDK is being played in the center when that's the most crowded and physical spot and he just looks uncomfortable. Try him on the flank, he seems to enjoy bullying LBs but can't handle CMs and CBs.

Go full goon squad like you did against Torino in the Coppa? Or like against Juve? Pioli did that once and then never again, both times.

When every player looks bad, you have a systematic failure. Pioli is putting out the wrong teams, he's not using the new players, and he's not doing the thing that worked before.

Play 4231 with Kalulu at RB, Krunic as CAM and Brahim at RW, just do it.

I think the reason he doesn't is because he doesn't want to use Pobega and Vranckx as his midfield subs, he wants Krunic as a sub. Pioli used Pobega as a LB in winter preseason, a lot, so I think Pioli should take the blame for not getting a tune out of his new players.

It's on the coach to put players in the best spot, and Pioli, in 2023 has consistently failed at that.
We have little information about how good the new additions are.

acmHR

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Seedorf, Kaká, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Zlatan
I don't think we should sack Pioli right now.

I agree the whole season was a big underachievement even in the first half when we seemingly were in control of the situation. Even during the autumn, we got some lucky wins (Fiorentina, Spezia, Verona, Empoli) and our CL group was much easier than last year thanks to us being in pot 1. Pioli has his issues (one forcing the left side, failing to build some kind of exciting football etc.) but the same thing can be said for Maldini and Massara, or the board in general.

They lost a valuable player in Kessie who was almost always available and who would give us an edge in these small games we struggle to win now. We lost him, he's not a world beater, fine, but then they didn't replace him with someone of quality and ready to step in, then they replaced Romagnoli with an unproven German player which in hindsight was a good choice. That is the direct replacement part. Even looking at the last year's squad, we needed to fill a few positions desperately with quality: right-wing starting material, a quality forward who can take on Giroud's role, a ready attacking midfielder, and a backup to left back, seeing Balo Toure is not even mid Serie A team level.

That means, with the direct replacements, we needed 6 players to improve the team and depth.

Instead, we got Adli (although promising, never used - blaming Pioli for this), Vranckx (the same as Adli, even Bakayoko was preferred), Origi (the guy who is 27 and didn't score 50 goals in his whole career), Dest (panic loan after Florenzi's injury) and splashed the cash on De Ketelaere (gamble, but we probably still can get a big amount of the invested money from an English team)...

The mercato was a total disaster waiting to happen, and failing to reinforce the team and save what can be saved in January when it was obvious we were having a meltdown is a direct fault of Maldini and Massara. I still believe that if we got a good defensive midfielder that with his physique can bully the opponents and fight when outnumbered in 4-2-3-1, we would at least keep winning the small matches and wouldn't be in this situation.

Let's face it, Udine trip was always a problem for us due to their physical way of playing, so I'm not too disappointed with not getting the 3 points, but a draw at home with Salernitana, Sassuolo dismantling us at San Siro etc, is really something that can be considered a complete failure for both coach and management.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I play with a group of Portuguese guys, super nice, but the opinion on Leao is very polarized.

Some look at him as the future star--but there is a genuine sense among them that he didn't run or work hard was there. Some said he was annoyed he wasn't starting and didn't get rewarded for scoring--but all were disappointed at him jogging. A minority said that he needs his ass kissed to perform, but they also loved Joao Felix, who is also a primadonna.

This is like 20 guys, fans of all the big three teams, I think no one (including us) knows what is going on with him. It seems like it's up to him what he wants to do with his career.

Just thought I'd share.
The fact that you said you were an annoying player and you always like to use Stephen A. Smith gifs gives me images of Jonathan Ikone whenever you mention yourself as a player :lol:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milik: Bought for 32m, sold for 12m, but in the meantime, had 53 goal contributions in 6700 minutes. While Napoli lost money on him, he was a really good stop-gap solution between Higuain-Osimhen period.

Maksimovic: I think it was a similar transfer as Musacchio for us. They are around the same age, purchased around the same time, played similar amount of games (Maksimovic played a little bit more), and both went for free. It was a flop definitely, but even Musacchio was a masterclass deal in comparison of Charles the Klitoris.

Verdi: In terms of permormance, yes, it was a flop (however he had 5 more goal contributions in less playing time in his only season than our dear friend, the Klitoris). What saved this transfer was that Verdi was sold for 22m in the next season. If in the summer, someone would be dumb enough to pay that money for Klitoris, I would pop a champagne.

Lozano: for the money Napoli paid for him, yes, he flopped. However, since 19/20, he had 47 goal contribution, while Salad, our main RW had 21. What saves Salad is that we only paid 11 million for him, but I, as a fan, would rather have a Lozano in our team, than Salad or Messias.

Manolas: I will not even argue with this one, if we manage to sell Klitoris for more than 3 million euro, it will be a masterclass deal compared to Manolas, thats how hard he flopped.

Politano: he has 41 goal contributions from 19/20. Same as with Lozano, he was more expensive than Salad and Messias, but I would rather have him as our RW.

Raspadori: This is the most similar to our CDK purchase. Only difference is that Raspadori is a loan with option, so Napoli won't be stuck with him. Imagine if we had a similar deal for Klitoris, we would ship his ass right back to the belgian league.

Long story short: While I think we had a 10/10 19/20 mercato, which basicly built our scudetto winning team, in the last 2 years, we had significantly more flops than hits. I am not saying Maldini or Massara out as of now. But out of our summer transfers, only Thiaw is a success, and he only got playing time because of our injury crisis.

Football is cruel. “You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” Pioli already became the villain, I hope Maldini won't suffer the same fate.
Napoli under Giuntoli also had two years of midtable finishes. 7th and 5th. It is not just about his transfer record, if we want to compare properly.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People still wanting Conte, what the actual fuck...

Hand in your Milan membership card as the door hits you on the ass... Now we have Conte orphan's and he's never been here, fucking hell people!!!

Let's hire a guy that bitches and moans, blames everyone else, underachievers at higher levels, jumps ship when things do go his way after he's bitched... Has Juve blood!

Fuck off!!!

#noconteatmilan
Tell me you still don't believe in this type of stuff? There's no such things as loyalty in sports. You do realize Milan's current coach in a self proclaimed Inter fan right?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When Ibra is frank and not playing his superhero persona, I take what he says seriously. It worries me, I'll be honest.

Otherwise, I largely agree, but I think Pioli has not used his resources properly this year at all. Adli, Pobega, Vranckx, have all been misused in my opinion. CDK is being played in the center when that's the most crowded and physical spot and he just looks uncomfortable. Try him on the flank, he seems to enjoy bullying LBs but can't handle CMs and CBs.

Go full goon squad like you did against Torino in the Coppa? Or like against Juve? Pioli did that once and then never again, both times.

When every player looks bad, you have a systematic failure. Pioli is putting out the wrong teams, he's not using the new players, and he's not doing the thing that worked before.

Play 4231 with Kalulu at RB, Krunic as CAM and Brahim at RW, just do it.

I think the reason he doesn't is because he doesn't want to use Pobega and Vranckx as his midfield subs, he wants Krunic as a sub. Pioli used Pobega as a LB in winter preseason, a lot, so I think Pioli should take the blame for not getting a tune out of his new players.

It's on the coach to put players in the best spot, and Pioli, in 2023 has consistently failed at that.
I think Vranckx and Pobega both in the dog house for rash fouls in our own half.

bullard

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Napoli under Giuntoli also had two years of midtable finishes. 7th and 5th. It is not just about his transfer record, if we want to compare properly.
Yes, that is also true. We would throw even Maldini under the bus, in case of missing out on 2 consecutive years from CL. We suffered enough in the banter era, and Maldini wouldn't have the time to recover from a case like this.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli Will not be fired until the summer guys , don’t bother to talk about it. We have an easy schedule after Napoli game and still have more chance to be in top 4. We also have a solid chance to play final in Champions League. He make mistakes but to fire him he should lose something. I don’t know maybe he can take a gamble and put all his chips on Champions league. We should wait for the outcome
My choices would be;
Cl final or top 4 he stays
Otherwise he goes
Just that ,we should wait
If he somehow win cl final then I give a free bonus year to him, we can be 12th in the league in 23-24 season😊
Have you been watching at all this season? There's no such thing as an easy opponent. :lol: After Napoli they still have to play Roma, Lazio and Juve as well.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Vranckx and Pobega both in the dog house for rash fouls in our own half.
Then Pioli is not even a good man manager, because players are going to make mistakes.

Dest had to be an absolute travesty to get dropped.

Fouls? Boo fucking hoo. You are getting overwhelmed in the middle and you have two oxen that you don't use.

Pobega was trusted to start against Juventus, and he did his job. We won. Now a singular foul should end him? He scored against Roma, and has disappeared.

Pioli infuriates me. I love you though. The above rant is directed at him not you my friend.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if Maldini will even have that much of a say in who will be the next manager. The way he's been talking the last few months, he seems to be conforming to what Red Bird want. Red Bird may hire a manager they believe is best for their analytics and data stuff. Someone who works well with young players.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if Maldini will even have that much of a say in who will be the next manager. The way he's been talking the last few months, he seems to be conforming to what Red Bird want. Red Bird may hire a manager they believe is best for their analytics and data stuff. Someone who works well with young players.
Well last time he did, he picked Giampaolo, so there’s that

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The way Maldini has handled the past two seasons it's probably best he and Massara go

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The way Maldini has handled the past two seasons it's probably best he and Massara go
You see all these pics of him and Massara at training. You think he would be a little more tuned in to what's going on because it definitely looks like Pioli lost the team.

Eastheaven

Primavera
Reaction score
Okay maybe not replacing pioli right now but this season is finished in my eyes. Get a proper manager lined up so he can watch our games and training videos and be ready 1st June. They can even plan Mercato with MMM from April, similar to what Napoli did in hiring Spaletti before gattuso finished in 20-21 season.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Then Pioli is not even a good man manager, because players are going to make mistakes.

Dest had to be an absolute travesty to get dropped.

Fouls? Boo fucking hoo. You are getting overwhelmed in the middle and you have two oxen that you don't use.

Pobega was trusted to start against Juventus, and he did his job. We won. Now a singular foul should end him? He scored against Roma, and has disappeared.

Pioli infuriates me. I love you though. The above rent is directed at him not you my friend.
Remember he’s trying to save his job, not trying to ensure the best path forward for our team building and our youngsters career paths.

If it happens, then great, it’s a nice bonus. But I always expect him to do what’s best for his job first.

Like Moneyball, he’s playing the best way he thinks he can explain himself at the next job interview.

acmHR

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Seedorf, Kaká, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Zlatan

Frankly, this is a fair point.

Bayern and City seem the toughest teams to face, so better to do it in the final.

Milan and Inter, as much as they know them and can beat them, are easier opponents for Napoli.

Other than that, I love the media and Napoli supporter's talk, we might be in for a surprise as nobody expects us to beat them. It's worth noting Milan was unlucky to lose at San Siro against Napoli, and Inter beat them in January. Won't be an easy ride for Napoli.

bill0621

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Pioli has very limited options to play better/different football.
Look at what his players can offer.
Except for Theo, Leao, and Diaz who have some tricks under their sleeves who else does he have to break a deadlock?
Last night we didn't have anyone to try a long shot because our only one (Theo) was injured.
We also don't have good crossers or good headers of the ball except for Giroud who was not there either.
For tactical flexibility you need some verity in your players' attributes.
I think we need to be a little more reasonable in criticizing Pioli.

Adli is clearly the best passer of the ball in the squad but Pioli won’t use him.

The team screams for a 3 man midfield but Pioli won’t try it.

Our high pressing game has been exploited by all teams with any sort of technical capabilities this season but Poili won’t learn.

Pioli only knows 3 tricks:
1 - Let Leao dribble,
2 - Let Theo run,
3 - Let Giroud fight for long balls.

And by now, all coaches know about this and Pioli isn’t capable of pulling out any new solutions.

I agree Pioli is not the only reason for our downfall, but a more technically capable coach will certainly help to bring out the best of our squad.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Remember he’s trying to save his job, not trying to ensure the best path forward for our team building and our youngsters career paths.

If it happens, then great, it’s a nice bonus. But I always expect him to do what’s best for his job first.

Like Moneyball, he’s playing the best way he thinks he can explain himself at the next job interview.
Maldini should have sold or straight out released players like Bakayoko, Pobega and Gabbia so players like Thiaw, Adli and Vranckx could play. :lol:

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Tell me you still don't believe in this type of stuff? There's no such things as loyalty in sports. You do realize Milan's current coach in a self proclaimed Inter fan right?

He's a little bitch, it's not about loyalty, it's that my opinion is that he's a spoilt weak man who will demand money, then more money, bitch the whole time them bail when shit hits the fan.

He doesn't ride storms, he doesn't fix situations he finds himself in, he bails every time, that's not disloyal, it's weakness and ego!

He's a shit version of Pep, needs all the money to achieve anything, can't actually work within means and is overpaid.

I suppose he "gets on base" sometimes though... I think any of you that want him are shortsighted and desperate, and no one likes the smell of desperation guys x

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I get that, but why not just do this:

Mike, Kalulu, Thiaw, Tomori, Theo; Tonali, Ben; Brahim, Krunic, Leao; Giroud?

Or the same thing but with Pobega in the CAM spot? Like he did against Juve. Shit, Gabbia started that game. Tata was there (oooh that's why we won)

Pioli isn't even doing the conservative, risk-averse thing. I can't stand him this year. 2023 has eliminated all the good will he built up the last few years. I cannot even see the logic of his decisions even if I would disagree with it... he's just wrong.

He's even avoiding doing the things that he did to get out of bad spots before, I dont fucking get it.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Let's see first if PSG really shows up with 180M. It's one thing to write it in the newspaper. It's another to have an actual offer on the table. Somehow I have a feeling that both PSG and City will cool down a bit after there's no worldcup anymore.

To be clear: I don't think that it's unrealistic that they want to make a huge offer for Kvara, just not a world record breaking one.
Given the moment we are in Chelsea will buy him for 200 after sending Joao Felix back and loaning out Murdyk.

People keep saying these players can't / won't move and then they do.
You have seen his numbers right?

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You see all these pics of him and Massara at training. You think he would be a little more tuned in to what's going on because it definitely looks like Pioli lost the team.
I have tons of respect for Maldini

So to see him stand by as Pioli as been in Giampaolo mode for months is pretty painful

Not sure what the alternative is at this point other than a clean slate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule