• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

La Chupacabra

Primavera aficionado
Reaction score
Maignan is overrated

Is this being discussed?
His form decreased in last games, and probably also his motivation dropped, the morale of the team is in shambles. However he is still among top 3 worldwide, a real champion, even Pioli can't take that away from him.
Inexperienced imbeciles on the helm need to act quickly or they are loosing all that was built in the past 4 years, stupid fucks...

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We aren’t out of CL.

It’s not that unrealistic.

If we fire Pioli and get our shit together, we can beat Newcastle. And Dortmund is playing PSG at home and they will play to win because they want to be first. PSG also will play to win cause they also want to be first.

Dortmund are favourites to win that one.

So if we can beat Newcastle it’s not unreasonable to qualify.

However again, it must be done by firing Pioli. If he is in charge of that game, I have zero hopes.
Dortmund don't need to win to be first. It's an extreme long shot that we make it. Not winning yesterday was not an option for us. We fucked it up, badly.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He fucking said this
While we saw how dortmund plays better game play, better passing, better movement, better positioning, better finishing

I think you're hyping Dortmund too much here. They weren't special last night and if we won like Dortmund did last night, people here would not have nice words and continue to hate on Pioli (rightfully, IMO). I can already hear it:

"We were lucky they missed the pen after 5 minutes and gifted us one right after, otherwise this could have turned out ugly."

"Instead of going for the 2:0, we just sat back and invited them to score - which they eventually did."

"They could have easily scored one or two goals at the beginning of the 2nd half."

"Remember that 3 vs 1 in front of the goal while it was still 1:1? Their attacker just fumbled the ball when he had an open pass to two free team mates in the middle. Imagine they'd taken the lead there."

"Oh and we only scored once their CB got hurt and they had to put a CM who has never played the position in his life in the center."

And so forth...

Dortmund wasn't great. Or particularly fresh and solid. Not at all. They were very lucky actually that we're a team right now that just loves to hurt itself, both metaphorically and literally. That's also reflected on Sofascore when you look at the attacking momentum or the xG (Milan 2.24 vs. Dortmund 1.79), ball possession, passes, corners, shots, shots inside the box, big chances created and well... goals prevented when speaking of Mikes performance.

It's been a bit the story of our season, especially in CL games. We harvest far too little compared to what we sow in all these games. And in the end, we end up looking like twats and I have to listen to how much better the opposition supposedly were. It's not fair, but as someone said yesterday, we're forging our own luck, even if we're better at digging our own grave at the moment.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think you're hyping Dortmund too much here. They weren't special last night and if we won like Dortmund did last night, people here would not have nice words and continue to hate on Pioli (rightfully, IMO). I can already hear it:

"We were lucky they missed the pen after 5 minutes and gifted us one right after, otherwise this could have turned out ugly."

"Instead of going for the 2:0, we just sat back and invited them to score - which they eventually did."

"They could have easily scored one or two goals at the beginning of the 2nd half."

"Remember that 3 vs 1 in front of the goal while it was still 1:1? Their attacker just fumbled the ball when he had an open pass to two free team mates in the middle. Imagine they'd taken the lead there."

"Oh and we only scored once their CB got hurt and they had to put a CM who has never played the position in his life in the center."

And so forth...

Dortmund wasn't great. Or particularly fresh and solid. Not at all. They were very lucky actually that we're a team right now that just loves to hurt itself, both metaphorically and literally. That's also reflected on Sofascore when you look at the attacking momentum or the xG (Milan 2.24 vs. Dortmund 1.79), ball possession, passes, corners, shots, shots inside the box, big chances created and well... goals prevented when speaking of Mikes performance.

It's been a bit the story of our season, especially in CL games. We harvest far too little compared to what we sow in all these games. And in the end, we end up looking like twats and I have to listen to how much better the opposition supposedly were. It's not fair, but as someone said yesterday, we're forging our own luck, even if we're better at digging our own grave at the moment.
We won't be a serious CL contender until we finally get a real CF.

It's really unfair to constantly see how badly Giroud affects our attack. He's just so good at what he does that it sometimes makes people forget how BAD he is at almost everything we need our CF to do. We used to be able to punish any strategy that tries to counter us. Not anymore.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Maignan hasn't yet reached his ceiling.
I thought he was at least top 3 GK in the world during his first season at Milan. He hasn’t reached those heights since returning from his lengthy injury last season.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Dortmund don't need to win to be first. It's an extreme long shot that we make it. Not winning yesterday was not an option for us. We fucked it up, badly.

I know Dortmund will try to play for a draw but I think PSG will try to win

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score

And so forth...

Ironically we’ve played our best football this season in the CL while being bottom of the group whereas we’ve been dreadful in Serie A but sit at the top.
In the end it hasn’t been enough to get us out of the CL group and I doubt our league form will be enough to challenge for the title come the end of the season.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score

And so forth...

Perfectly said

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Im sick and tired of folks complaining about injuries

Newcastle had 11 players out injured against Chelsea and still won. Ditto against PSG.

We only look much worse due to injuries because this team relies heavily on individual brilliance and physicality. We have no fucking system, tactics or set ways of play. So when one or two players who regularly bail that bald fuck out are injured, all of a sudden we look much worse.

Players have zero clue what their role is on the pitch or what positions to take. Literally everyone out there does their own thing and most of the goals we score are due to individual brilliance rather than well versed team plays.

Redbird can go fuck themselves. They had the opportunity to start over with a clean slate but instead they decided to hedge their bets on this fraud of a manager and are now paying for it. They have made their bed and now they have to lie in it. Fucking spineless bastards, the lot of them.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Im sick and tired of folks complaining about injuries

Newcastle had 11 players out injured against Chelsea and still won. Ditto against PSG.

We only look much worse due to injuries because this team relies heavily on individual brilliance and physicality. We have no fucking system, tactics or set ways of play. So when one or two players who regularly bail that bald fuck out are injured, all of a sudden we look much worse.

Players have zero clue what their role is on the pitch or what positions to take. Literally everyone out their does their own thing and most of the goals we score are dueto individual brilliance rather than well versed team plays.

Redbird can go fuck themselves. They had the opportunity to start over with a clean slate but instead they decided to hedge their bets on this fraud of a manager and are now paying for it. They have made their bed and now they have to lie in it. Fucking spineless bastards, the lot of them.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
Correct, this problem is much more serious than injuries which of course is also Pioli's fault let's not forget

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
We won't be a serious CL contender until we finally get a real CF.

It's really unfair to constantly see how badly Giroud affects our attack. He's just so good at what he does that it sometimes makes people forget how BAD he is at almost everything we need our CF to do. We used to be able to punish any strategy that tries to counter us. Not anymore.
We won’t be a serious CL contender before we get a starting CB, starting RB, starting DM, starting CF and unless Chuk starts performing consistently a starting RW.
Obviously a new coach as well.

To me it doesn’t make sense to have CL contention as a measuring stick before we get a new coach and actually start playing like we’re a top 15 team in Europe. Right now no one knows how much quality we actually have in our roster.

danilo1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'd understand pro-Pioli gang if we had a clear advantage quality/quantity-wise in Serie A, but Roma is gaining momentum and has now-healthy Lukaku, they'll bully teams and grind 3 pts against weaker squads (which makes up most of Serie A lol). We, on the other side, have huuuge problems penetrating bunker-style tactics...

If we had any kind of assurance we'd comfortable finish fourth - then we could leave Pioli and squad here on auto-pilot until june... But even then, our players form and valuation would still decline... So I just don't see it.

Theo... I wrote couple of weeks ago there was a rumour that he had a foreign offer and wanted to leave... But seeing though we kicked Maldini out, sold Tonali, mngmnt didn't want to put itself in even more shit spot. He's playing at 40%, look at his runs/concentration, it's practically non-existent.

Tactically, we are the same for the last 3 years. Last time we had pass and go game was in 2021 with Kess/Benna/Hakan trio + Rebić & Salad upfront for maniacal pressing. Of course, it wasn't sustainable when we started to play 3 games a week, but those 2 goals by Dortmund last night was something we used to score quite regulary at that time... When was it we actually scored a goal with a one-two combination or a couple of fist touch passes? I remember the penalty against Roma, when Giroud sent RLC through and that's about it. I never saw a "top" team relies exclusively on one-on-ones in def and att phase, unbelievable.

I screamed repeatedly last night at my screen how static we were, and that ladies and gentleman is a clear sign of lack of ANY ideas. You can see trained moves when players start to move off the ball in open spaces long before they actually recieve it. We don't have that, even in scudetto season Pioli's answer was to pile up players forward and bulldoze through, but then we had the rest defence in Fik/Pierre who were in form of their lives. I've said this repeatedly: Thiaw cannot be left alone one on one in open space, he's quite massive and heavy and he lose the first couple of steps (which is something you can't recover from if you don't have wlite speed ala Fik/Kalulu). His overall speed is quite good though, but it's too late when someone quick blows by past him; that's what happened last night when he got injured - he did get in front of an attacker, but that burst of speed shot his harmstring (same happened to Leao 2 weeks ago).

We don't haye any semblance of system which would hide those shortcomings, that's all on coach. Pioli is simply another Zaccheroni, even to I'll admitt we played great in that 2021-2022 span, played beautiful football (with Zacch it was pure torture for full 2 and a half years), but we all saw he got completely lost when he lost Hakan and continued to olay THE SAME WAY, even though Diaz was nothing alike Hakan. Same thing happened last year when we lost Kessie and he just put Tonali there hoping he'll do the same job (he's not that kind of player).

With everything stated above, looking through last 20+ years, a top team (Real) sacked their coaches repeatedly through the season to have a chance at silvervare. That's goes to show that our managment unfortunately isn't interested in trophys, it's just a convenient consequence of being financially great. Downside is, it can take you only so far, bc Theo, Leao etc. will in no way want to play here for sake of getting top 4. Managment also cannot expect to have players on 2-3 mil net contracts, it just doesn't wprk that way when those players establish themselves, and our managment fucking BRAGS how much money we earned; of course players (will) want their fair share. Theo could play for Wolverhampton and earn more than here.

Ibra won't change a thing, he's nit the coach, he can only motivate players for so long... He was here last season, Maldini was here also, and we were even worse than now so I think it won't solve anything, same thing with Maldini still being here. He was at Milanello every day and we still played like shit. I'm sorry for him bc our fanbase and all of us here identify him with this club, but our main problem is the coaching staff and now I put this solely on managment, because the writing was on the wall for a long time and nothing was done.

My only consolation in all of this is that Gerry is a money man and he just "lost" a lot of money with this CL exit (please, don't do the math about machday 6, don't do that to yourself). Only thing I can see shake this squad up is a change of a manager, it's like the playbook of how to salvage anything froma bad season. At least playera will apply themselves more.

One more thing: our squad is not made for polite (pussy) coaches. It worked bc we had Ibra and Kjaer who (as it turnes out) practically led this team, but when you have so much young-ish players you have to have someone who'll make it easier on them and impose a certain system. It doesn't have to be Conte, even fucking Tudor will do. Either we'll pay up or lose much more not qualifing for the next CL.

P.S. I already wrote this last week I think: we cannot appoint any manager that is/was in charge of a team in Serie A THIS SEASON. It's a rule that exists for decades, look it up. So no Motta, Italiano etc., this is not England where this is allowed. That's why Napoli hired fucking Mazzari, and not Italiano (who'd be tailor made for them).

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Theo looks like he has a stinking attitude aswell at times I mean when he's in the huff he's either getting reckless cards or not bothering to defend
While he has improved defensively he’s always been a liability. Especially with the way he dribbles, refuses to pass, looks to draw a foul and ultimately gets it or loses the ball.
We’ve all tolerated his defensive shortcomings and diving antics because he more than made up for it going forward. Now the well’s run dry and we’re left with his arrogance while his decisiveness has gone missing.

bullard

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hansi Flick is available. He underperformed with Germany, but Nagelsmann also hasn't set the world on fire. What the fuck are we waiting for? Hansi Flick would be an ideal coach for us, his Bayern was a dominating indestructible. The Pioli era should be over. You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Bald fraud is now the villain. Fire his ass asap, and bring in Hansi Flick. His style of football would be ideal for us, and could elevate us to the next level.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Kessie was the key of the "Pioli is on fire"

He has not been replaced AT ALL

Musah is still too inexperienced and technically looks very mediocre, Pobega should have more space imo

Reijnders and Adli are the same kind of player (something like Modric wannabe), RLC reminds of Boateng

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Kessie was the key of the "Pioli is on fire"

He has not been replaced AT ALL

Musah is still too inexperienced and technically looks very mediocre, Pobega should get more space imo
Well i said it myself a hundred times..like it or not Hakan-Kessie-Bennacer was our best midfield in years. Especially Kessie in the 4-2-3-1 and the fact that he was always available ...
Imagine having Kessie/Musah-Benny/Tijjy-Hakan/RLC/Tijjy in a 4-2-3-1 with Leao and Puli/Chuky on the wings...and an actual mobile/poacher striker.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RLC looked like the pressure of the PSG performance was a weight on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule