• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
why sign müller when you have the new müller returning home from atalanta next summer?:proud:

he’s also earning 10m at bayern. could be hard to get him under our non-existent salary cap

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona - Caniggia - Goycochea - Batistuta - Veron - Riquleme - Tevez
I never understood the mindset of fans who says that only Scudetto and CL matters, nothing else. I would love to win the Coppa Italia. Ever since I am a Milan fan, I have never seen us win that trophy. I would like to win the Super Cup too. Heck, if we can't qualify to CL next stage, I want us to go to Europa League, and challenge for it. I am a fan who wants to win everything that's possible. I don't care if there are extra matches, that will make the Scudetto harder for us to win. I don't care that because of the extra matches, the players will be more tired, and more likely to be injured. The thing is that as long as Pioli is our coach, we will always have injury issues, regardless if our schedule is busy or not. Only way to deal with the injuries is to sack the bald butcher.

The point is, there are some interesting teams in EL as well, who I would love to see us collide with. Liverpool, Brighton, Leverkusen would all be a fun battle. No strong team will go from CL to EL outside of our group. So if we take it seriously, we have a shot to win the whole tournament.

CL
Scudetto
CWC
UEFA SUPERCUP
Itie Super coppa
Coppa Italia

Top 4 is what matters imo

Other 2 are just filler tournaments/Cups

Coppa italia is for the lesser teams like inter

It's a.worthless cup as are all domestic cups in Europe except the FA CUP which is the oldest cup competition in Football.

If you look at all the other European countries...its normally the same 4 or 5 teams who end up in the Final. That's because all of their second tier football teams suck.

This is where England out do the rest of eu. Their second tier was even ranked in the top 5 for attendances across the whole of Europe lol

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Lol, expected some mixed reactions, but never would I have guessed that I would be called a terrorist for wanting to win EL :lol:

By the way, what is the difference between playing on Tuesday/Wednesday-Saturday/Sunday and Thursday-Sunday/Monday? Basicly the same fixture for CL and EL. Only difference is 1 more round in EL.

Fuck Sevilla, I don't give a shit about them. I am a terrorist for wanting to win the EL. Quick question, are you supporting Newcastle against us next Wednesday? Because lets face it, it is not likely that Dortmund will beat PSG in the last game. So you want us to loose? Is that a "hardcore fan"???

You arent accounting for travelling rest and recovery. IDK if youve noticed but our team needs a lot of recovery from Sadist Pioli and his training cronies. On top of the extra round required in the EL. For every glamorous club that has found their way to the EL for whatever reason there are plenty more less appealing fixtures due to travel and match conditions. This is lessened in the CL.

Serie A give the CL teams a lot more flexibility in the schedule when they are in the KO rounds they let those teams play on Friday so they get an extra day's rest/recovery/training. You don't get that being in the Europe league.

The last thing a player wants is play Monday then travel away to go play on Thursday which could go to extra time. And then they have to travel back either early hours of Friday morning or first thing on Friday then go play on Sunday. And people wonder why players get injured and burn out quicker these days.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
CL
Scudetto
CWC
UEFA SUPERCUP
Itie Super coppa
Coppa Italia

It's a.worthless cup as are all domestic cups in Europe except the FA CUP which is the oldest cup competition in Football.

If you look at all the other European countries...its normally the same 4 or 5 teams who end up in the Final. That's because all of their second tier football teams suck.

This is where England out do the rest of eu. Their second tier was even ranked in the top 5 for attendances across the whole of Europe lol

I think League 1 or 2 was also near to cracking the top 10. Half of League 2 this season have 6k+ attendance.

ACM14061988

SAPL Winner
Reaction score
On Radio Rossonera they said the deal with the arabs might be something like

Elliott's exit and his "replacement" as financier. In simple words, a non-recourse transfer of credit, passing from Singer to an Arab investor (Investcorp or whoever) who, however, would not act as a pure financier but as a possible industrial partner. Maybe with an agreement like this: "Dear Gerry, I become your new creditor, and I value the club at 2 billion with its own stadium. I will pay you off the debt you had with Elliott and if you manage to get the executive project on San Donato approved , I'm not asking for your money back but for a share of the Dutch vehicle that controls Milan (ACM Bidco)

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So why are people so happy and enthusiastic to back them over actual club legends and obvious owners who aren't actually interested in sporting success... They simply want a return on their investment?

They've been.seen to be naive and inexperienced in what's all needed Tomo e a sleeping giant like Milan forward.

Maybe it'll be good riddance, but I thought we'd have them till the stadium was built and we'd have won another couple championships.

Let's see what comes out in the wash I guess.
How would they get that return if they don't win?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Someone needs to investigate what they do with their GKs. Onana was a notorious bum with one of the funniest and richest blunders collection, yet he looked like one of the best GKs in the world. The second he left merda he started being himself again. Now Sommer who was always a decent keepet but nothing more is playing the best football of his career.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Redbird just denied they are in talk with the arabs

"Cardinale has never met any person attributable to InvestCorp. At the moment there is no plan to do so and any idea that foresees an evolution in this direction is baseless."
They also aren’t going to publicly comment on anything.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score

Someone needs to investigate what they do with their GKs. Onana was a notorious bum with one of the funniest and richest blunders collection, yet he looked like one of the best GKs in the world. The second he left merda he started being himself again. Now Sommer who was always a decent keepet but nothing more is playing the best football of his career.

Merda have so many gay players that they get chemistry bonus

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Provedel played as a striker for 1 minute and he scored a goal (against Atletico in UCL)

Camarda has played like 30 mins with Milan as a CF and he still hasn't made a single pass

More than a predestinato he looks like a Skyrim/Fallout character at the start of the game, good at breathing and a bit at running

beegees

Pursuing homosexuality
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
I was at COP28 yesterday and saw investcorp booth.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
American administrated Milan backed with some arab money would be a great combination.
Agree, great combo. Even better if we remove this first part "american administration"

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

They don’t concede much… they’re very strong defensively… the occasional great save onana had to produce didn’t mean he was worth the money MU paid. Same with Sommer ( he’s always been reliable ).. inter is a very strong team especially defensively even on european level

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not really, after the Chinese disaster methodical owners like Redbird are greatly appreciated.
People have trouble understanding that the owners (regardless of nationality) are going to want to see something out of this and not just splash a bunch of money to fulfill fan’s fantasy ambitions :lol:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Investcorp biggest shareholder is Mubadala and Mubadala is a wholly-owned investment vehicle of the government of Abu Dhabi and Sheikh Mansour vice-president and deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates, is a chairman in the company.

Mansour is the guy that runs Man City
pep guardiola incoming

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Müller is a glorified Nocerino, he is ok but he is declining and profits a lot from playing in Bayern imo.
I don‘t like him and also think he is very overrated, but I mean yeah on a free transfer he is probably ok.

I like current management, I was kinda neutral on Maldini but my opinion of him as an official has taken a hit from that bitchy interview and even with taking into account the many good things Maldini did his late transfers were very meh.
Muller overrated? You ok bro?

bullard

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You arent accounting for travelling rest and recovery. IDK if youve noticed but our team needs a lot of recovery from Sadist Pioli and his training cronies. On top of the extra round required in the EL. For every glamorous club that has found their way to the EL for whatever reason there are plenty more less appealing fixtures due to travel and match conditions. This is lessened in the CL.

Serie A give the CL teams a lot more flexibility in the schedule when they are in the KO rounds they let those teams play on Friday so they get an extra day's rest/recovery/training. You don't get that being in the Europe league.

The last thing a player wants is play Monday then travel away to go play on Thursday which could go to extra time. And then they have to travel back either early hours of Friday morning or first thing on Friday then go play on Sunday. And people wonder why players get injured and burn out quicker these days.

I said this in my original post. As long as Pioli is our coach, we will have injuries. It doesn't matter if we play once or twice a week, the butcher will kill our squad either way. There are some lesser opponents in EL, sure. But even against a team like Rangers, or Sporting, we would have a soldout San Siro, pocketing us additional 6-7mil euro. If we make all the way to the semifinal, it would mean 20mil+ only in ticket sales. Even if the prize money is far lower than CL, it still is better than nothing. An EL semifinal can allow us an additional Pulisic level investment.

Serie A and flexibility? :lol: Have you already forgotten this?
1701802997626.png

We became the first team in top5 leagues to play 2 away games in 3 days. We played on Wednesday, and than on Saturday. Serie A is anything but flexible with us.

You still haven't answered my question from the last post. What result would you like against Newcastle? Given that there is a really small chance that Dortmund beat PSG. Would you like to loose the match? I absolutely hate seeing us loose, no matter the opponent, no matter the importance of the match.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I want what's in the best interest of Milan. Them wanting a return on their investment means Milan needs to be successful both on the sporting side as in the books.

For example, Inter is successful on the pitch which makes their fans happy and our fans envious, obviously so. But I'll believe them getting a serious buyer when I see it. As of now, that club is in such a financial disorder with all their humongous debts and their owners being in legal trouble in almost every major county that serious buyers seem to lurk until shit is going down so they can get the club on a cutting price, restructuring the whole club in the process and basically do the same thing Elliott did.

I'm not particularly fond of Elliott or RedBird. To me, they are means to get to sporting success as Milan is their mean to get a return to their investment. I cheer for them because them being successful means consequentially we're successfull too.

As Furlani said the other day when asked if the management prefers to earn money over winning a Scudetto: "Winning the Scudetto makes earning money easier."
I largely agree with your post until this part:

Maldini giving that interview the last day, while it was his right to give it an in his best interest, wasn't in our best interest as a club. I couldn't give less fucks about Gerry being called out. But I don't just sit there and clap frenetically in my hands when I see someone doing damage to my beloved club, no matter if it's a douchebag like Mirabelli or a beloved club legend like Maldini.
The management made this happen, not simply by firing Maldini, but by throwing mud at him. They did. It is not just Scaroni publicly bashing him, but how they kept leaking to the press all the horrible stuff Maldini was supposedly going to do, all wrapped up with placing CDK squarely on him. Pirlo rumors, and on and on. Making him look terrible.

They could have fired him, and just said "we appreciate him, he will always be our legend, but we are going to make a change in direction." They tried to mitigate the heat for their choices, by shitting on him.

Maybe it was all true? Maybe Maldini has fooled everyone for decades? Maybe he was power hungry, wanted Pirlo, and slapped babies in the face too?

Fine, you fired him, that was enough heat, you sold Tonali, which has aged well because of his stupidity with gambling, but it was a big decision. Why give him reason to respond? Whether you think he's defending himself or betraying the club, it was still something created by choices of the management, which again, isn't about firing him or not.

The choices the management made were big choices and they made it very clear that Maldini was the one holding the team back with his transfers and that he shackled Pioli. The reports are there, the comments from Scaroni and Furlani are there, the comments about directors not being at signings because of egos--all of that stuff is there, they made sure to pile on.

If they won, they'd be vindicated. Things don't look great right now, and maybe they will win in the end? I hope they do. Genuinely, I do.

When Berlusconi took over Milan, he made choices that were unpopular. Firing Liedholm and then hiring Sacchi, were daring moves but they worked. If they failed, Berlusconi would have been widely mocked, but his ability to create success was part of his entire branding and how he used sports to further his political ambitions and profile.

You know all these things, of course, but for me, Redbird made big moves that look... lateral, so far. Again, I hope Jovic becomes Sheva and Musah is Seedorf and Pellegrino gets his number retired, while Chuk becomes the next Salah and Robben combined.

But they chose this path. A brash path. One that required results. Whether you think our Scudetto was a fluke or not, whether it was lucky or not, it happened, it raised the bar of expectations. And so did the CL semi final. Same deal, lucky or not, fluke or not, these milestones have had a clear impact on how this team is discussed.

So what Maldini did, you're right. It was released at a time when Maldini looks the most right. If they go on to win the CL, Maldini will be mocked. If they finish outside the top four, Redbird will be crushed.

But the nature of his comments are a product of their choices. How they decided to handle it.

Maldini's words carry weight, but if the players cannot cope with some added pressure then we are fucked. If management can't deal with pressure, then we're really fucked, because they don't have the goodwill to weather storms, and they have acted in a way that ensured they didn't. Which is fine, if you win.

Larry Bird trash talking wouldn't be funny if he was terrible. Berlusconi being brash and bombastic wouldn't be endearing to his supporters if he had Moratti-like results.

Which is why I find comparisons to Mirabelli to be odd. Mirabelli has continued to talk a lot, but worse yet, he had one summer where he spent an insane amount of money... and the team was terrible. If Mirabelli built a squad who were largely great, people would listen to him more, but even more importantly--and correct me if I'm wrong--the club didn't go out of its way to shit on him. The fiasco of the Li era, and his squad, were on full display.

I wasn't thrilled that Maldini spoke out. I was expecting that it would take a while for us to hear his side. But, I get why he did it. Redbird put themselves in this spot. If we want to talk about Maldini talking to the press when he was our TD still, okay fine. Let's also look at Redbird management there: they asked him to write a plan to win the CL. That was their bar. They didn't communicate with him about it, and cut his budget, severely. If the bar for them is winning the CL (music to my ears btw) but they're cutting the budget and not talking to him, what do they expect their very famous and admired TD is going to do when you (the management) parade him to convince people of the viability of your project and the need to move from San Siro?

I see incompetence and a distinct lack of strategic thinking.

Again, let's assume Maldini was all the things they said, an ego maniac, who punched orphans. Your customers (fans) love him and listen to him and you sell his face to make money, if you treat him like shit, it's going to come back at you, badly.

All I see is mismanagement, honestly. Gazidis's reputation has been enhanced by his time at Milan, at Arsenal he is reviled. But Maldini talking about what he had to fight for, etc, fine, every organization has these stories, even prime Galliani and Braida and all them. Elliott seems to have been the most shrewd here, but again, what I see is ego-driven choices by Redbird.

Again, not about firing Maldini, I am assuming it was the correct decision for my point about the larger mismanagement of Redbird, the mismanagement here is in how you handled Maldini, as an employee (you could have let him go when you took over and taken that heat but you didn't want to) and how you handled yourself after you terminated him.

This was a predictable outcome, and if they were 1st in Serie A and the CL this interview probably doesn't happen. But you made choices that required you to show out. You don't make those moves to finish 3rd, while the underlying problems that existed before are still there or have gotten worse.

Last edited:

bullard

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
CL
Scudetto
CWC
UEFA SUPERCUP
Itie Super coppa
Coppa Italia

Agree with your list, if we are talking about our priority, it should be like this, from most important to the least one. However, based on our legacy, and prestige as a top club, an European giant, by far we are the the most underperforming team in terms of domestic cup success. We only won 5 Coppa Italias, 1 since 1977 :lol: If merda keeps up this pace, it will be like last year with Napoli. They have a chance to achieve 90+ points this season, at that point, we would have to perform extraordinaly. If we can't win Scudetto, personally I don't care if we are second or fourth. I would rather be 4th in league and win Coppa Italia, than earn 6 more points in the season, be 2nd, but be eliminated from Coppa in the semifinal.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
I largely agree with your post until this part:

The management made this happen, not simply by firing Maldini, but by throwing mud at him. They did. It is not just Scaroni publicly bashing him, but how they kept leaking to the press all the horrible stuff Maldini was supposedly going to do, all wrapped up with placing CDK squarely on him. Pirlo rumors, and on and on. Making him look terrible.

They could have fired him, and just said "we appreciate him, he will always be our legend, but we are going to make a change in direction." They tried to mitigate the heat for their choices, by shitting on him.

Maybe it was all true? Maybe Maldini has fooled everyone for decades? Maybe he was power hungry, wanted Pirlo, and slapped babies in the face too?

Fine, you fired him, that was enough heat, you sold Tonali, which has aged well because of his stupidity with gambling, but it was a big decision. Why give him reason to respond? Whether you think he's defending himself or betraying the club, it was still something created by choices of the management, which again, isn't about firing him or not.

The choices the management made were big choices and they made it very clear that Maldini was the one holding the team back with his transfers and that he shackled Pioli. The reports are there, the comments from Scaroni and Furlani are there, the comments about directors not being at signings because of egos--all of that stuff is there, they made sure to pile on.

If they won, they'd be vindicated. Things don't look great right now, and maybe they will win in the end? I hope they do. Genuinely, I do.

When Berlusconi took over Milan, he made choices that were unpopular. Firing Liedholm and then hiring Sacchi, were daring moves but they worked. If they failed, Berlusconi would have been widely mocked, but his ability to create success was part of his entire branding and how he used sports to further his political ambitions and profile.

You know all these things, of course, but for me, Redbird made big moves that look... lateral, so far. Again, I hope Jovic becomes Sheva and Musah is Seedorf and Pellegrino gets his number retired, while Chuk becomes the next Salah and Robben combined.

But they chose this path. A brash path. One that required results. Whether you think our Scudetto was a fluke or not, whether it was lucky or not, it happened, it raised the bar of expectations. And so did the CL semi final. Same deal, lucky or not, fluke or not, these milestones have had a clear impact on how this team is discussed.

So what Maldini did, you're right. It was released at a time when Maldini looks the most right. If they go on to win the CL, Maldini will be mocked. If they finish outside the top four, Redbird will be crushed.

But the nature of his comments are a product of their choices. How they decided to handle it.

Maldini's words carry weight, but if the players cannot cope with some added pressure then we are fucked. If management can't deal with pressure, then we're really fucked, because they don't have the goodwill to weather storms, and they have acted in a way that ensured they didn't. Which is fine, if you win.

Larry Bird trash talking wouldn't be funny if he was terrible. Berlusconi being brash and bombastic wouldn't be endearing to his supporters if he had Moratti-like results.

Which is why I find comparisons to Mirabelli to be odd. Mirabelli has continued to talk a lot, but worse yet, he had one summer where he spent an insane amount of money... and the team was terrible. If Mirabelli built a squad who were largely great, people would listen to him more, but even more importantly--and correct me if I'm wrong--the club didn't go out of its way to shit on him. The fiasco of the Li era, and his squad, were on full display.

I wasn't thrilled that Maldini spoke out. I was expecting that it would take a while for us to hear his side. But, I get why he did it. Redbird put themselves in this spot. If we want to talk about Maldini talking to the press, okay fine. Let's also look at Redbird management there: they asked him to write a plan to win the CL. That was their bar. They didn't communicate with him about it, and cut his budget, severely. If the bar for them is winning the CL (music to my ears btw) but they're cutting the budget and not talking to him, what do they expect their very famous and admired TD is going to do when you (the management) parade him to convince people of the viability of your project and the need to move from San Siro?

I see incompetence and a distinct lack of strategic thinking.

Again, let's assume Maldini was all the things they said, an ego maniac, who punched orphans. Your customers (fans) love him and listen to him and you sell his face to make money, if you treat him like shit, it's going to come back at you, badly.

All I see is mismanagement, honestly. Gazidis's reputation has been enhanced by his time at Milan, at Arsenal he is reviled. But Maldini talking about what he had to fight for, etc, fine, every organization has these stories, even prime Galliani and Braida and all them. Elliott seems to have been the most shrewd here, but again, what I see is ego-driven choices by Redbird.

Again, not about firing Maldini, I am assuming it was the correct decision for my point, the mismanagement here is in how you handled Maldini, as an employee (you could have let him go when you took over and taken that heat but you didn't want to) and how you handled yourself after you terminated him.

This was a predictable outcome, and if they were 1st in Serie A and the CL this interview probably doesn't happen. But you made choices that required you to show out. You don't make those moves to finish 3rd, while the underlying problems that existed before are still there or have gotten worse.
Nothing more to add. exactly how is see the whole scenario
IMG_0912.gif

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I don't agree. He's always been a fantastic GK even. As a fellow countrymen I never lost sight of him and never understood why it took so long for big clubs to finally give him a chance.

True, he almost fucked it up with Bayern. Tho it has also to be said that the German press was very harsh on him. They didn't like a no-name (undeserved IMO) like him to take over from their golden boy Neuer.

A lot of Bayern fans were actually too on his side and taking a stance against the press putting pressure on him and talking him down every weekend after a not pitch perfect performance.

He started shaky at Inter too, visibly scared from that Bayern experience, but then he finally hit the curve. He's now back to the levels I'm quite used to see of him. For example, when Italy won the Euros and Donnarumma got awarded not only best GK of the tournament but even MVP, I couldn't believe it. Not only was Donnarumma quite shaky. Sommer was single handedly keeping Switzerland on the tournament for much longer than deserved! And he repeated that performance in Qatar, especially against France!

Sommer is and has always been a fantastic goalkeeper. Lucky them they got themselves such an upgrade while earning a shit ton of money on the sale of the other imposter.

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Sommer has always been an excellent shot stopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule