• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Romario
good luck to pioli teaching miranda how to be a wc lb without the best lb in history sitting in during training
Theo can also be a good central defender, didnt start really well, but theres alot of room to improve, all of this course, If Miranda shows himself more balanced than Theo on the left.
Tons of CB's were know for making runs.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Romario
Honestly a striker like Balotelli that could bang goals from nowhere would be awesome now...(also penalties and free kick taker)
True. But where to find them? In Germany have two good strikers, can't really remember the names, but probably bags of money from EPL are waiting for them already.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Theo can also be a good central defender, didnt start really well, but theres alot of room to improve, all of this course, If Miranda shows himself more balanced than Theo on the left.
Tons of CB's were know for making runs.
i would hold my horses until i'll see theo cb against a non bottom table serie a opponent
he's also 1.84cm which doesn't help

besides, why would you want to convert one of the top 3 lb's into a CB? he isn't a kalulu... like putting leao at CF and not utilizing his speed and technique

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i've always said that balotellis talent is overrated.

well not always, maybe not during his first years.
Cant say its overrated....he could do anything. Tap-ins, long shots, headers, pens, free kicks, good technique...i was thinking having such a mobile striker now with Leao, Puli, Reij, Benny that could serve him...would be huge.
Balo had to play with Honda, Poli, Monto etc..still had double digits

Correctamundo

Primavera
Reaction score
What I find weird about David is that he is statistically good at passing but has a low number of assists. Giroud has 3 times the assist quota, and while Giroud is generally great at assists it is still something that jumps out.
Giroud is 15yrs older than him ffs of course his overall tally would be higher than a 23yr old :fp:

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Of course consistently sticking with a coach has benefits, hence why Pioli should stay for the next years.
what is this take? :lol::lol:
inzaghi is at inter for two years, ol' piols is here for 4. who has the more consistent system and playstyle?
would we want to keep pioli in perpetuity since more years at club = higher success rate?
we literally see the opposite way
Inter also has a much older squad, they are by far the oldest team in Serie A, that brings different benefits and challenges as well.
older (not even oldest) squad should.. logically.. have more injuries and fitness problems, no? this is usually the downside (kjaer, ibra)
and yet inter's squad is more disciplined and less injured

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Who knows what Pioli still has to give.
i believe we know, dear alo

the entire milan fanbase expected pioli to adapt and grow against teams finding us out after the scudetto season, meanwhile we're seeing a head into wall approach two years after.

the watershed moment you described for inter against Barcelona, a non-believable achievement, was the scudetto for us. meanwhile you're seeing inter's players raise in value (which helps their plusvalenza financial model) and our players either fully regressing (theo who revolts against pioli, tonali last year) or just stagnating (leao, this summer's signings).

so we can rest on our hopium or cut the cord, what's obvious is that as time progresses and pioli isn't fired, fans won't blame paolo for long

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i believe we know, dear alo

the entire milan fanbase expected pioli to adapt and grow against teams finding us out after the scudetto season, meanwhile we're seeing a head into wall approach two years after.

the watershed moment you described for inter against Barcelona, a non-believable achievement, was the scudetto for us. meanwhile you're seeing inter's players raise in value (which helps their plusvalenza financial model) and our players either fully regressing (theo who revolts against pioli, tonali last year) or just stagnating (leao, this summer's signings).

so we can rest on our hopium or cut the cord, what's obvious is that as time progresses and pioli isn't fired, fans won't blame paolo for long

Let a man hope :lol:

No seriously, I too think Piolis cycle is over. And it was a damn good cycle. Even if he's not liked right now, if you told me 4 years ago that you think he'd help us building a new foundation for the future with many young, talented players, win us a Scudetto, bring us consecutive times in CL and even reach a CL semifinal in the process, I'd told you to get off your copium and live in reality world.

And now look where we are. Unexpected things do happen.

Hopefully he can end the season in dignity, meaning at least conserving our current position so the next coach who takes over can confidently build on that.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
While I think the season isn't over yet, I think Pioli's time at Milan has run it's course.

We can still use this Newcastle match to kickstart our season, after a great start too it results wise.

You can simply see that Pioli seems to be out of new ideas, which isn't always a bad thing, sometime the old ways are fine... But he looks to have lost parts of the team and is repeating worrying patterns.

He gets thanks in part, but it's nearly time!!!

Yeah my basic sentiment is the same.

However, I do think that I (and Pioli, the management, the fans, everyone) underestimated the loss of hunger after winning that Scudetto. I'm not following Inter this closely, but I don't think Simone tremendously changed his 3-5-2 ever since he took it over from Conte. It's also the only system Simone seems to know anyway. However not winning that Scudetto seems to sting them to this day, making them hungry to prove them over us. Especially in the derbies.

Then again, if you compare the total points collected between Milan and Inter since Inzaghi took over, the difference is something like five or six points. They keep humiliating us in the derbys, that sucks, but overall, Inter in recent years hasn't done much better than us, at least not in Serie A. But even in CL you could argue the year the made it into the finals, that's been "only" one more round than us who made the semifinals (completely ignoring to whom we lost it because that wouldn't suit my narrative :lol:).

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Leao: injury is healed. But not possible to play vs Atalanta. There's chance for Newcastle.

Meaning won't go to Bergamo, MAYBE bench vs Newcastle.

Healed.... only in Milan!!!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
why are all our games on saturdays? fucking bullshit is this?
This has annoyed me and meant I've missed loads of matches this season.

We play on a Wednesday, game on Saturday. We play on a Tuesday, game on Saturday. I swear it's like 85%.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
why are all our games on saturdays? fucking bullshit is this?
you’re getting old man :D

shaking your fist at the match schedule now :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule