Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 28498

Allegri/Mourinho the only coaches to realise that playing conservatively against Inter can get you results.

It’s so fucking obvious what can work against this Inter side yet we don’t fucking try
The sad thing is that if we do play on the counter we can be just as effective as they are. Leao/Theo in space. We just need to replace Giroud.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
In terms of talent and what he could produce...im not talking about his character or behaviour
His character and behaviour is fine ..... when he could produce.

He cant anymore.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
I thought clubs aren’t allowed to negotiate with expiring players until 6 months before they expiry?

Clubs aren't allowed to negotiate with players/agent before the selling clubs agrees but they still do.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Remember we were linked with Calafiori at the start of the season as a Theo deputy?
Looks like it wouldn't have been bad business. His highlights weren't anything exceptional but the fact he's carved a starting spot in Bologna's team suggests he's got enough ability to offer something. I am mostly impressed that he's starting at CB. Didn't think he'd played there before.

Why not include him in a deal for Alexis...

Think it would've been better business getting Calafiori instead of Miranda. We need more Italians, he's younger, he's more versatile and is probably just as good and with room to improve.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Remember we were linked with Calafiori at the start of the season as a Theo deputy?
Looks like it wouldn't have been bad business. His highlights weren't anything exceptional but the fact he's carved a starting spot in Bologna's team suggests he's got enough ability to offer something. I am mostly impressed that he's starting at CB. Didn't think he'd played there before.

Why not include him in a deal for Alexis...

Think it would've been better business getting Calafiori instead of Miranda. We need more Italians, he's younger, he's more versatile and is probably just as good and with room to improve.
I'd rather have Zirkzee from Bologna in a deal for Alexis.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Like it or not Inter is simply 20% beter then the rest of serie a. Marotta built a mature team with quality and a coach that has his effective stile.
Also they have the refs, Marotta goes to converciano to tell them what to do. They have the calendar tailor made, the people on SKY that comment like they are blind etc. Im watching serie a all my life. I can see when something is decided. Inter is winning this one.

About us: of course Rafa and Simon didnt train with the 1st team, they are not ok. Kjaer had a "muscle problem" 2 months ago...
Cardinale has not got the money to run AC Milan. Time will tell. He needs investors to do so. Speaking of Berlusconi 2 is a blasphemy...

Berlusconi was a man who was asked something when things were beind decided in Italy. Cardinale is a Hollywood clown.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Like it or not Inter is simply 20% beter then the rest of serie a. Marotta built a mature team with quality and a coach that has his effective stile.
Also they have the refs, Marotta goes to converciano to tell them what to do. They have the calendar tailor made, the people on SKY that comment like they are blind etc. Im watching serie a all my life. I can see when something is decided. Inter is winning this one.

About us: of course Rafa and Simon didnt train with the 1st team, they are not ok. Kjaer had a "muscle problem" 2 months ago...
Cardinale has not got the money to run AC Milan. Time will tell. He needs investors to do so. Speaking of Berlusconi 2 is a blasphemy...

Berlusconi was a man who was asked something when things were beind decided in Italy. Cardinale is a Hollywood clown.
Seems like a good season for them and they have a strong squad in the short-term, but let's not overrate that completely either. Napoli were a lot better than anyone else last season and are behind the top group now, Lazio finished 2nd and are now mid table. They worked well with what they had but they are also simply having a good season.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Theo can also be a good central defender, didnt start really well, but theres alot of room to improve, all of this course, If Miranda shows himself more balanced than Theo on the left.
Tons of CB's were know for making runs.
While moving one of the best LBs in the world to CB shouldn't be considered as a full time thing, it's an option against lower teams or would appear.

While cutting down our attacking options perhaps, with the right personnel in midfield it might allow him to make his deep runs from a more central position without leaving us short of we're disposed of the ball and countered.

It's another option, but let's not experiment too much with it I'd say... He's a LB.

We just need to get the harmony in the squad back and keep Theo for as long as possible!

Don't get me wrong, as a player, I ADORE Muller. He's a football genius. But untill things sort out in Milan we should avoid 34 yo players. Not everyone is Ibra or Giroud. We saw it on Mandzukic for example. Just my wiew.
Yeah it's really time to develop our own WC forwards rather than continually relying on older players, then watching us stagnate in attack due to shortcomings in our older strikers.

If Giroud leaves, sure, but only alongside a younger STARTER!!!

But I'm sure Muller wants to ride a bench...

Leao and Kjaer did not train with the team
Obviously... It's a real problem pattern now.

But, hopefully precautionary and we'll see them against Newcastle.

Atalanta look there for the taking, even with a weakened starting 11.

But it's Milan, so fuck knows who will turn up against those Bergamo fucks!!!

Could someone translate please x

Yeah my basic sentiment is the same.

However, I do think that I (and Pioli, the management, the fans, everyone) underestimated the loss of hunger after winning that Scudetto. I'm not following Inter this closely, but I don't think Simone tremendously changed his 3-5-2 ever since he took it over from Conte. It's also the only system Simone seems to know anyway. However not winning that Scudetto seems to sting them to this day, making them hungry to prove them over us. Especially in the derbies.

Then again, if you compare the total points collected between Milan and Inter since Inzaghi took over, the difference is something like five or six points. They keep humiliating us in the derbys, that sucks, but overall, Inter in recent years hasn't done much better than us, at least not in Serie A. But even in CL you could argue the year the made it into the finals, that's been "only" one more round than us who made the semifinals (completely ignoring to whom we lost it because that wouldn't suit my narrative :lol:).
We've lost something since winning, then losing, and the only thing I can see as a common denominator is the obvious unsettling takeover by RedBird and the power struggle within the club.

That's actually not a dig at Gerry, just an observation which I think holds weight.

People joke about the players being "pussies" if they can't handle pressure, or can't deal with outside issues over playing football etc.... yet we see plenty of "pussies" in here losing their shit over the soap opera and rollercoaster that is Milan, imagine it being your career and day to job?

Merda have NOT been miles better than us points wise or positionally, but that ha e our number, or Pioli's number more so.... And look at the fucking uncertainty surrounding their long-term future? Their players do over perform I think, while we can look sheepish amd scared, we're truly underperforming I think.

I fucking hate Inter, but they're doing a job, probably on borrowed time, but we CANNOT let them get #20... I never want to be in their shadows for fuck sake!!!

Does Gerry want to be the guy that let Inter win #20 before us?

Can we not get the stadium agreement over the line and celebrate with the #20 in the same year???

It's not an unreasonable want!!!

Forza Milan ✌️

ACM14061988

SAPL Winner
Reaction score
Suma said it is true Cardinale never talked with Investcorp however he said in Middle East there are many people not just Investcorp. He said Cardinale does not want to sell Milan but he wants to find new investors to pay Elliott and to have a lower interest to repay

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So if we were offered 10/12 million in the summer, but will only get 5/6 million now... Are we still good or bad at selling under new management?

And with CDK, Salad and who's that Belgian from Pool we picked up, all on loans with options so the juries out... Are they good or bad sales under re management?

Or are they all just foddder we can't offload because they are Moncada data driven buys or that cunt Maldini's buys that he demanded that we can't offload?

Asking for a friend...

But seriously, this who Krunic and padre soap opera is tired and I hope it has no more twists and cliffhangers, and we can thank Krunic and say goodbye ✌️

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
So if we were offered 10/12 million in the summer, but will only get 5/6 million now... Are we still good or bad at selling under new management?

And with CDK, Salad and who's that Belgian from Pool we picked up, all on loans with options so the juries out... Are they good or bad sales under re management?

Or are they all just foddder we can't offload because they are Moncada data driven buys or that cunt Maldini's buys that he demanded that we can't offload?

Asking for a friend...

But seriously, this who Krunic and padre soap opera is tired and I hope it has no more twists and cliffhangers, and we can thank Krunic and say goodbye ✌️

Depends on how much was paid on the loan fee.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Suma said it is true Cardinale never talked with Investcorp however he said in Middle East there are many people not just Investcorp. He said Cardinale does not want to sell Milan but he wants to find new investors to pay Elliott and to have a lower interest to repay
So more borrowing or involving other parties to cover his debts, and maximise his plunder... God bless America and capitalism.

gerry-cardinale-red-bird.gif

And no one thinks this is a pyramid scheme that could crumble and see us fucked, again?

Hopefully the whole who's owns us and who's on control thing evens itself out and we can look at some consistency and true stability while getting the greenlight on the stadium and some sporting success ✌️

ACM14061988

SAPL Winner
Reaction score
Suma said we are working for Miranda and Kelly but he doesn't know if we will bring them here in January or in June, he said for sure something will be done in January. We hope Leao will play few minutes in Bergamo and then he can play from the start at Newcastle. He said we really tried for Arda Guler but his family pushed for Real so we bought Popovic which we believe is a similar talent. We want to keep Maignan for many years

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hear you. But I think at this point we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

True that persons who work for the club like Suma, Serafini and Furlani did all to defend their new strategies. I still think the press tho was more hostile and toxic towards the management and more protective towards Maldini - who painted the management as stingy, cheap and rigid before he got fired, speaking of propaganda - more often than not if I look at the last couple of years compared to a brief moment where Redbird was the most active owner on the transfer market and actually starting with a swing in the league before Pioli began his magic. That's how I remember it.

Also, what has been said by clubs representatives turned out to be not entirely made up, no? Like Maldini not being on the same page as most of the rest of the upper management. Or Maldini pushing things through like the Tonali transfer against what the scouting team wanted (thank God he did that, I'm not saying he's been wrong, only that the separation was way more bound to happen than I ever thought from the outside).

I'm dismissing some of the rumors because I'm not even sure if they were all fueled by the management. It's not known. In Pirlos case I think I even remember a Suma video where he says he doesn't believe in that too much, it was more of a friendly talk and nothing beyond that. And some say he's the mouthpiece of Furlani. So...

Or RLC, he was met with scepticism by many in here, before and after Maldini was fired (not by you and me, we were huge fans of that transfer from the get go iirc). I can't particularly remember the Italian press or even RnB being very ambivalent about him tbh. The ones who didn't like him remained vocal even during some of his meh games during summer tournaments iirc.

And then, reverting back to our old system and piling up the injury problem is more of a Pioli problem, no? Of course one that needs to be corrected by RedBird. But it's not like RedBird instructed Pioli to revert back and forth and back again.

Ah, this post got much longer than intended 😅
To try and be concise, to me, Maldini's blowback was a consequences of Redbird's actions--how they managed their highly visible employee.

An employee Gerry did not have to give a new contract to, but he did. He could have let him go, without having to pay him a dime. He then chose to alienate him, which was detrimental to the team. His approach to his renewal was detrimental to our summer that Maldini gets the most shit for.

So did Redbird instruct Pioli to revert back to our old system or to continue the injury problem? No. It is a Pioli problem, but they backed Pioli. They could have fired him. Brought in Motta. All organizations have a list of coaches they would turn to, just in case.

Ultimately, what I see is mounting evidence of them being unable to manage their asset properly, that's my concern because... I just so happen to love that asset.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Put a horses head in Gerry's rowing boat.
4cbd4e76-d123-4bc0-8036-c9de3142e933_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule