The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There's a problem with these assumptions though. As an investor, I'd rather invest in a club BEFORE it's valuation goes up.

No assumption.... As long the valuation is going to up further there always going to be willing investors. Sheikh Jassim was willing to buy ManUre for 7-8 billion. So who says that 1.4-1.5 billion is the max value that Milan will reach over the next years??

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Someone could get in as a minority owner, Red Bird uses that money to pay off the loan, then that minority owner could have some kind of deal to take majority ownership at a future date.

The club's value will continue to go up if the on-field success continues and the stadium is approved.
This is what they are trying to deny.
But like Stevan says, I think it's probably always going to be Elliot.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly

Aawmeen

Would really be cool for Milan to have this

I feel we're more Star Wars... Hey Gerry you cunt, show me that Disney deal so my kid can get a Star Wars Milan shirt!!!

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Crazy how we couldnt replace hakan. I hated him when we got him here but then i always said...he is not a LW ..he always played more central in Germany. 4-2-3-1 came..and he was amazing post lockdown
I still don’t understand how any of our fans don’t realize how crucial Hakan was to the champagne football we we played after the lockdown.

I was dismayed when people chose to conflate their personal dislike for him and whatever family issues he has/had with his importance for Milan’s good play under Pioli’s football.

I think only a few posters like @Wild kept hammering the relevant issue which is why are people rejoicing over Hakan leaving when we have not replaced him and what he brings to the team (Diaz was certainly not a replacement)

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To try and be concise, to me, Maldini's blowback was a consequences of Redbird's actions--how they managed their highly visible employee.

An employee Gerry did not have to give a new contract to, but he did. He could have let him go, without having to pay him a dime. He then chose to alienate him, which was detrimental to the team. His approach to his renewal was detrimental to our summer that Maldini gets the most shit for.

So did Redbird instruct Pioli to revert back to our old system or to continue the injury problem? No. It is a Pioli problem, but they backed Pioli. They could have fired him. Brought in Motta. All organizations have a list of coaches they would turn to, just in case.

Ultimately, what I see is mounting evidence of them being unable to manage their asset properly, that's my concern because... I just so happen to love that asset.

Well, Maldini said he probably would have kept Pioli too and he didn't need an algorithm to get Pulisic, RLC and Chuck. So in that light, maybe our season wouldn't have panned out that differently after all (and I'm not starting the now banned Tonali discussion) - and Maldini would have been just as incompetent as those who run the club now :)

I think that gets a bit overlooked.

LemonCookies

Andrea Poli Fan Club President
Reaction score
I still don’t understand how any of our fans don’t realize how crucial Hakan was to the champagne football we we played after the lockdown.

I was dismayed when people chose to conflate their personal dislike for him and whatever family issues he has/had with his importance for Milan’s good play under Pioli’s football.

I think only a few posters like @Wild kept hammering the relevant issue which is why are people rejoicing over Hakan leaving when we have not replaced him and what he brings to the team (Diaz was certainly not a replacement)
It was disappointing to see him walk as a player. It was insulting to see him walk as a person. Moving to our arch rivals, with a minimally bigger wage, and then acting as though he was aggrieved by us. Fucking pitiful. Just unforgivable. He's a bitch. I dunno if the drama was that his wife was cheating on him or what, but since he's a cuck ass twat I wouldn't be surprised. No excuse for his decision to leave us, no matter how good of a player he's finally become.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players

People can see his value but still think he's a shit human as well.

Plus he blatantly wanted to make a point and twist a knife.

I'd dare say that's what most folk take umbrage at... And he did coast here for a while.

But he would be VERY useful to us in his current form. He's obviously a very emotional guy that needs importance placed on him... At the time we seemingly were the club for him nor did we place enough value in him.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well, Maldini said he probably would have kept Pioli too and he didn't need an algorithm to get Pulisic, RLC and Chuck. So in that light, maybe our season wouldn't have panned out that differently after all (and I'm not starting the now banned Tonali discussion) - and Maldini would have been just as incompetent as those who run the club now :)

I think that gets a bit overlooked.
But didn't Maldini want Pirlo???!!!

8a3c47ae2942186a1867e61a2b050ad0.jpg

Who knows anything lol...

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

But aren't you also glossing over the fact that he was very inconsistent with many subpar games prior to that period and also that many persons were happy he was leaving because they thought we would get a much needed upgrade over him, however that never arrived.

Most people admit the lack of the replacement even if it's grudgingly but that's also because the player has gone to another level.

Nobody is crying over Gigio

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also, looking back, on top of our injury problems, our calendar was just insane. We played almost exclusively teams from the upper half of the table. We punctually clashed with all our direct rivals (Inter, Juve, Napoli from the top of my head, probably even more) just before and after international duties in CL - in the group of death many consider the probably hardest group of CL history.

We also never had the luxury of an easy fixture before or after those already highly difficult CL games to at least rest our most important players in the league. En contraire. One time we even broke a new record with less than 24 hours between two away games.

Even now, we are going to play Atalanta and Newcastle within 4 days.

In retrospect I must say it's a miracle we have "only" 6 points less than Inter with the combination of that schedule and our well known injury problems. Can't get harder than this, can it?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But didn't Maldini want Pirlo???!!!

View attachment 28504

Who knows anything lol...

Apparently not if we choose to believe Paolos word. Now if you're telling me it's okay to keep Pioli if it's Paolos idea but at the same time proof or Redbirds incompetence if they decide to stick with Pioli I don't know what to say tbh ^^

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Also, looking back, on top of our injury problems, our calendar was just insane. We played almost exclusively teams from the upper half of the table. We punctually clashed with all our direct rivals (Inter, Juve, Napoli from the top of my head, probably even more) just before and after international duties in CL - in the group of death many consider the probably hardest group of CL history.

We also never had the luxury of an easy fixture before or after those already highly difficult CL games to at least rest our most important players in the league. En contraire. One time we even broke a new record with less than 24 hours between two away games.

Even now, we are going to play Atalanta and Newcastle within 4 days.

In retrospect I must say it's a miracle we have "only" 6 points less than Inter with the combination of that schedule and our well known injury problems. Can't get harder than this, can it?
But don't other top flight clubs in the upper leagues face similar issues, even if budgets are different.

I feel we can all find excuses and reasons we're in the position we're in, but fundamentally we're a few players short of where we could/should be... Even though some players might not work out.

We've picked up a couple of young cheap Argentinean kids for the first team that have shown little and left holes in the team(yes ones injured) and you could point out placing importance on Krunic left us short in an important position centrally... And there has be a ? over Kjaer going back to last season...

So those failing on top of injuries surely make our position what it is... The surprise is only going into the next round 6 behind Inter.

Different decisions in the summer and a little more money released could have drastically changed our current failings surely?

But add in bad luck and Padre's butchers and well... Fuck I hope we catch those Merda fucks!!!

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Apparently not if we choose to believe Paolos word. Now if you're telling me it's okay to keep Pioli if it's Paolos idea but at the same time proof or Redbirds incompetence if they decide to stick with Pioli I don't know what to say tbh ^^
So hire Pirlo - Maldini bad!
Keep Padre - Maldini bad!!

Fuck the guys a fucking loser any way you look at it huh... Poor bastards on a hiding to nothing.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
It was disappointing to see him walk as a player. It was insulting to see him walk as a person. Moving to our arch rivals, with a minimally bigger wage, and then acting as though he was aggrieved by us. Fucking pitiful. Just unforgivable. He's a bitch. I dunno if the drama was that his wife was cheating on him or what, but since he's a cuck ass twat I wouldn't be surprised. No excuse for his decision to leave us, no matter how good of a player he's finally become.

He had every right to leave frankly. He wasn’t popular with the fans and would constantly get criticised. His wages requests weren’t met.

And even with the team he wasn’t exactly a liked figure. I heard only Bennacer tried to make an effort to interact with him. Only Pioli valued him as a player. With Inter it’s the complete opposite, liked by players and fans. Probably another reason why he’s performing on another level.

The biggest issue was how he behaved after leaving. He could have kept it professional and just moved on but he insulted the whole team and made a provocative celebration in the first match. That’s what got him hated and he asked for it. You reap what you sow.

However, to his credit, he was baited by journalist to dump on us after the CL SF but he didn’t and could move on from this.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Grass is always greener on the other side…

We judge our player as a whole …ups and downs (how dare they have downs !)…while we salivate over HIGhlights of others.

Said this last season when Fik wasn’t having the best of times and being shitted on…even in that dark time, we could take a collage of dope interventions he made, change the face and jersey through AI and make the same people shitting on him say, “sell Fik and buy this guy”…

Thiaw was God last season…warned about his downs coming and should be normal … now he’s “shit”

I chuckled at the reactions after RLC monster performance vs PSG … some people kinda set their expectations as this is what we’d get every game from him. Those performances are once a season (twice, 3 times if lucky).

I’ll never get used to how unrealistic fans expectations are.

Ps: Chukwueze is not bad. Same for Jovic.
For Chukwueze, specifically, buying 2 RW was always gonna result in this kind of season for him …even worse, because the mini revival he is getting right now is because Okafor is injured, often…so he gets to get some minutes to build some momentum.
Pulisic has star power and was always gonna be ahead of him. Leaving him very little time to show anything.
Especially with a manager who is so bad managing the squad in terms of rotations.

Jovic, some of the same but worse … we simply don’t play his game…he’ll try to play Pioli’s only version of CF. Sometimes Ok, sometimes good, sometimes bad…but will never really show his worth (however much or little worth he has) under Pioli
A lot of text and thoughts, but I agree with the general premise: it's too early to tell on both Chukwueze and Jovic. We all thought "finally!" when Chuk scored against Dortmund, but football isn't at easy as people think.

You do a good job at pointing out the fallacies people fall into.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Drunk as a skunk, first party as commander. Luckily people are happy with the boss, and he loves them. It has been no walk in the park juggling the responsibility of 150 people and everything the job entails with the commuting duties of a husband and father of a one year old son. I am back to full strength, after a faltering feeling in October and November. I've fucking struggled. But again I rise. And persevere.

Love you guys. Forza Milan!

Last edited:

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A lot of text and thoughts, but I agree with the general premise: it's too early to tell on both Chukwueze and Jovic. We all thought "finally!" when Chuk scored against Dortmund, but football isn't at easy as people think.

You do a good job at pointing out the fallacies people fall into.
I have to say, after seeing both, I'm hopeful... Jovic maybe needs encouragement and a little belief in him.

And Chuk is enthusiastic if lacking a lot in the delivering department... I'd say Jovic has at least shown earlier in his career he had a decent ceiling,has chuk peaked?

Jovic will now hold a very special place in my heart as he scored the first goal my son ever saw at the SS... So now I feel I'm rooting for him more now haha.

namorov

High functioning Milanista
Reaction score
People like to phrase it (or even think about it) like changing the colour of the stripes magically made Hakan a consistent performer. But it wasn't the transfer that changed him, it was time.
All young players are inconsistent, and (if they are not idiots) they gradually become more reliable. And so Hakan was more impactful with us every year. And now he's in his primeso no wonder he's playing much better than he did with us. If we want that level from our players then maybe we should start thinking about how to retain our top players into their best years.

This model of having the squad consisting of 20-23 year olds sprinkled with few veterans way past their due date is good for growth but it will only take us so far. Not to mention it is imo the main reason behind our injury woes (players in their physical prime get fewer injuries than teenagers and grandpas - go figure)

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Allegri won a Serie A title with Odu, Strasser and Merkel... best italian coach EVER

Polish_20231207_032020862.jpg

I wonder what Seedorf did to Barbara to convince her to hire him... he was a Botafogo player

:safro:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The sad thing is that if we do play on the counter we can be just as effective as they are. Leao/Theo in space. We just need to replace Giroud.
that’s why I see a lot of reasons to be excited about David, especially if we get him for a reasonable fee. Even though he’s not having that great of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule