The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
The fact that we score so much despite the non-existing attacking structure and build up play just goes to show the Individual quality of the squad

Happy to see at least one proper passing pattern after a long time (Adli —> RB —> cross —-> RLC late run)

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am so angry for this game, i know that if we win yesterday we can still believe in Scudetto, now unless they lose tonight it's over for real
if they lose both tonight and against Juve then 5 points is doable, but it’s a huge missed opportunity for us.

If they win both games then they have deservedly won the title in February, simple as that.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
An absolute dumbshit sloppy goal with Maignan flop. Two penaltys not converted. Dumb passes everywhere. Wasted chances left and right. Another one amateurishingly conceded in extra time.

This is a game where the players fucked up. How could there even be a debate?

Seeing some people still blaming the coach, the management and defending the players makes me loose my cool. If that's not a game where you'd say okay, those millionaires just fucked up in almost every way possible within one match I don't know what is.

Special Shout-out to RLC haters. Go f*ck yourself.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
we will have to see inter with the second star and hakan champion at the end of the season… are we ready for this?

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I am a hopeless meatball. I am thinkin about when in Feb 2022 we draw 2-2 at Salerno and everyone believed Scudetto was gone and then Inter lost with Sassuolo the next day, if they lose today there is still hope, if they win even if we would have won we would still be in trouble

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zirkzee touch & confidence is on another level

His vision and passing too, please sign

Also the guys very marketable

He's the first player since like 2018 that's made me watch a random Serie A game this year

I feel like reason Leao is running this Zirkzee agenda on Twitter is cause he realises how much hed benefit from playing w him

40-50m with Salad bringing the price down; this is doable, we have been waiting for the right moment to invest into a new CF

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
No he hasn’t. He’s been mostly up front in a free role behind/next to Scamacca. Sometimes he’s up front alone. Sometimes on the right (more then the left) of a duo behind the CF.
Hmm ok the team sheets show him on the left. Anyway this is good wrt his future with us

The Cat

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We NEED a new striker. Relying on giroud every week is just embarrassing.

We also need a new RB. Calabria is ALWAYS the weakest link in our matches.

And probably a new midfielder too as adli is inconsistent as fuck.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The fact that we score so much despite the non-existing attacking structure and build up play just goes to show the Individual quality of the squad

Happy to see at least one proper passing pattern after a long time (Adli —> RB —> cross —-> RLC late run)

Actually it's a miracle we don't score more. "Only" 3,28 xG despite two pens and 6 big chances created says everything you need to know about our effectiveness in front of the goal.

Also, look at shots and shots on goal. We had the same amount as Bologna, but we had 10 out of 14 off the target (!!), they had those shots blocked. Spot the difference.

I don't know if it was Pep or Carlo or someone else, I only recall it was a big coach saying something like "a coach has to set up his team right to get it in front of the goal and creating goal scoring opportunities. But scoring itself is downright to the players, you can't blame the coach for players being wasteful."

We are so fucking wasteful, last night we didn't even hit target. Not happy with Pioli and his lack of defensive coverage since weeks, but last night that was not the reason we didn't bring home the three points like a walk in the park. No debate here, really.

1000100881.png

1000100881.png

Attachments

• 1000100881.png
    1000100881.png
    315.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
No he hasn’t. He’s been mostly up front in a free role behind/next to Scamacca. Sometimes he’s up front alone. Sometimes on the right (more then the left) of a duo behind the CF.
This is what I wad hoping Leao would be in a two striker system. If you are a talented player, no.10 for AC Milan then you should not restrict yourself to the same left wing all game long every game. With Pulisic they should interchange sides and confuse their markers, even Ribery and Robben did that from time to time and Robben is the most attached winger to his side that I've ever seen.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
I am a hopeless meatball. I am thinkin about when in Feb 2022 we draw 2-2 at Salerno and everyone believed Scudetto was gone and then Inter lost with Sassuolo the next day, if they lose today there is still hope, if they win even if we would have won we would still be in trouble
you're driving yourself crazy, just let it go

team is not good/ready/consistent enough to win a title this season

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
you're driving yourself crazy, just let it go

team is not good/ready/consistent enough to win a title this season
The thing that bothers me so much is that i believe this squad was good enough to win. Napoli, Lecce, Salernitana, Atalanta and yesterday are 9 points thrown down the toilet, we had these 9 points already in the bag. Injuries and silly errors fucked us

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
The thing that bothers me so much is that i believe this squad was good enough to win. Napoli, Lecce, Salernitana, Atalanta and yesterday are 9 points thrown down the toilet, we had these 9 points already in the bag. Injuries and silly errors fucked us
yeah the talent is there, but the most important factor for winning is experience and continuity

no team can replace almost half the squad and follow it up by winning the title without any problems
these silly errors are a product of that
our scudetto team or inter this season were/are so seasoned that such mistakes never or only rarely occurred

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Something has to change. We need to be more consistent and Inter need to slow down. If that happens, we can make a charge for the title. After yesterday, i'm not optimistic.

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
The municipality of Milano propose a project of renovation of San Siro that forsee

The insertion of a fourth ring between the first and second, covered in glass and intended for VIP and executive guests, and the replacement of the accesses with turnstiles by creating a commercial oval in the shape of a tuning fork at the exterior of the facility, containing shops and street vendors. Fans will be able to access through new gates located under this tunnel.

The seats will be significantly improved in terms of comfort and internet connectivity. Another significant element is the creation of a "fans' square", which will host two towers intended to be the headquarters of the clubs (or just one), as well as any hotels or offices. The colors of the stadium will reflect those of Milano, white and red. To reduce noise pollution, the roof will be expanded and the playing field will be redone to host both matches and concerts.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
We are fans, we will keep the door ajar until the end <3

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The municipality of Milano propose a project of renovation of San Siro that forsee

The insertion of a fourth ring between the first and second, covered in glass and intended for VIP and executive guests, and the replacement of the accesses with turnstiles by creating a commercial oval in the shape of a tuning fork at the exterior of the facility, containing shops and street vendors. Fans will be able to access through new gates located under this tunnel.

The seats will be significantly improved in terms of comfort and internet connectivity. Another significant element is the creation of a "fans' square", which will host two towers intended to be the headquarters of the clubs (or just one), as well as any hotels or offices. The colors of the stadium will reflect those of Milano, white and red. To reduce noise pollution, the roof will be expanded and the playing field will be redone to host both matches and concerts.
Cool.

How much will it cost, who will pay for it, how long will it take and how on earth will the teams play at San Siro while it's happening?

We've been here before. The clubs rejected this option after extensive studies. It's not viable. The only viable option at San Siro is demolition after we build a new stadium just outside it. Anything else is just fluff for PR to give Sala an alternative to show people that he can say the clubs rejected.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Something has to change. We need to be more consistent and Inter need to slow down. If that happens, we can make a charge for the title. After yesterday, i'm not optimistic.
Inter was so close to the scudetto in 21/22, they almost won the CL in 22/23 and this season, 23/24, they're raging through the league, there is no reason to believe they will crash out of the CL soon and they are clearly the strongest team that has the highest chance to win the scudetto. It's no coincidence. People laugh here all the time with Inzaghi, but the man is a great coach. On paper, his team is definitely nothing exceptional but he's getting the best out of it. It's what great coaches do; It's one of Pep's biggest qualities too. Also at Lazio I remember him doing an amazing job. The forum is trying to ridicule him, but it's just a great coach.

Last edited:

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Cool.

How much will it cost, who will pay for it, how long will it take and how on earth will the teams play at San Siro while it's happening?

We've been here before. The clubs rejected this option after extensive studies. It's not viable. The only viable option at San Siro is demolition after we build a new stadium just outside it. Anything else is just fluff for PR to give Sala an alternative to show people that he can say the clubs rejected.
Wednesday Sala and the consuelor for urban regeneration will present this project. This project, called "Milan stadium", is being approved by Superintendent Emanuela Carpani, and has a cost of approximately 300 million euros.

I say fuck them, fuck Inter and enough with the shared stadium

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
honest question: why did Pioli decide to bring in a 20 year old inexperienced player with no game rhythm to still play 10-15 minutes in a game where we were clearly having a hard time, against an opponent that has been overperforming all season and that clearly had no respect for/fear of us. Was Terra that much of an obvious choice to replace Pulisic? I'm trying to understand this.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Ryomoha is an idiot.

He is also an idiot.

Imagine if CDK came back or Zirkzee came here and suddenly they had no more space to play in because the opponent was compact with 5 men in the last line. Another four players in front of them, well staggered.

The assumption that you can transfer performances at Club X to Club Y 1:1 is simply moronic.
Ryomoha is an idiot.

He is also an idiot.

Imagine if CDK came back or Zirkzee came here and suddenly they had no more space to play in because the opponent was compact with 5 men in the last line. Another four players in front of them, well staggered.

The assumption that you can transfer performances at Club X to Club Y 1:1 is moronic.
The way players perform in their current club is the main reason they get transferred.
Of course you expect them to carry over their performance also :fp:

If you’re telling me about how certain player fit the system or not, this is 100% the coach.

And yes its Pioli’s responsibility.
the way he’s also responsible for whatever happened with Adli last season.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa

And who the fuck is going to pay for this "fourth ring" eh?
Certainly not Milan.
Merda can't even pay their debtors.

We don't need a pitch that needs to be re-laid every 3 to 4 months just because two teams play on it every 3 days and run it into the ground 3 times as fast as any other pitch in Italy. Think of all the money we would be saving from that alone.

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
Actually it's a miracle we don't score more. "Only" 3,28 xG despite two pens and 6 big chances created says everything you need to know about our effectiveness in front of the goal.

Also, look at shots and shots on goal. We had the same amount as Bologna, but we had 10 out of 14 off the target (!!), they had those shots blocked. Spot the difference.

I don't know if it was Pep or Carlo or someone else, I only recall it was a big coach saying something like "a coach has to set up his team right to get it in front of the goal and creating goal scoring opportunities. But scoring itself is downright to the players, you can't blame the coach for players being wasteful."

We are so fucking wasteful, last night we didn't even hit target. Not happy with Pioli and his lack of defensive coverage since weeks, but last night that was not the reason we didn't bring home the three points like a walk in the park. No debate here, really.

View attachment 29778

View attachment 29779
Ah, the Germans. :)

danilo1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
can you confirm the words I bolded? because if I remember correctly, Zirkzee losing ball many times because he tried to dribble on too many players.
Of course mate, I know he lost quite a few balls, but every time he was able to recieve the ball he was able to hold it/try to spread it. We couldn't disposess him even with pressing so Kjaer and Gabbia had to drop off every time he recieved the ball, that's how dangerous he was last night. I probably didn't express myself correctly there. He was a menace, he's quite quick and very AGILE which is something we sorely lack with Giroud (he's too old and slow to run the channels for us).

danilo1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He lost some because he tried to get past too many players but his touch was silky and his dribbling/close control was amazing. He didn’t release the ball at the right time during a few attacks. I don’t think he will ever be prolific. He has the characteristics of a ss/cam. He’s definitely not a player I would sign as a long term giroud replacement.
This. I'd still welcome him with open arms, but as I mentioned - he has to have players around him running ito open spaces. He'd be ideal for 2 men striker formation or for us if we'd get players that can exploit space up front.

His role would be very similar to that of Firmino, he's basically a false 9 (like Ibra was) but bc of his physique he's very dangerous closer to goal.

danilo1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
So fucking disappointed. Our defending has been very bad this season. It’s not just on the defenders since we defend as a unit, man marking all over. It’s just not worked out and so many of the goals conceded have been errors where the opponent broke free of his marking.

I don’t see the point of the man marking anymore. I don’t see how we benefit from it. It’s become much more of a flaw than a benefit. We used to be able to push teams all the way back and counterpress in such a suffocating way that they resort to long balls, which we clean up with Tomori and Kalulu. It just doesn’t work anymore, so why persist? Why persist with pressing when two of your front three barely make a dent. Why play on the break when your CF has the acceleration and top speed of a toddler?

We could have gone back to basics and played a typical 433 and defended in a simple 4141 block like most teams. Instead we have Kjaer and Gabbia following their CF to the halfway line, CMs moving all over plugging gaps because of drifting players and then starting a chain reaction that ultimately leads to a dangerous chance.

Why? To what end are are still man marking and pressing aggressively? Why push up so high with the current CB options?

The summer can’t come soon enough. We need a new coach. He’s taken us as far as he can.
My man @brk nailed it.

danilo1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I still believe with some small part of my heart, but that 2022 was one in a 23 years for us where we were able to catch someone far ahead. That's why it was special and that's why it probably can't and won't be repeated in a forseable future. Of all our scudetti I personally witnessed that one and the one in 1999 are the most special exactly bc we were underdogs and overcame odds in the end.

All of us here are masochists in some way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule