The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly that would be very stupid move from PSG. Will all the respect to Rafa, Barcola has a bigger potential than Rafa. I would swap Leao for Barcola in a blink of an eye, especially as stupid PSG would be ready to add 50M on top of player exchange.
What is potential? Based on what has he more potential? You guys just like new toys.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Hearing the Europa League song makes me feel dirty.
Not to worry it’s only temporary next season Milan hear their Champions league anthem again.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I so fucking hate Pioli man, we are 3-0 up and he keeps that 37 year old carcass on the filed, he is invisible all game, has 2-3 flicks and a few headers from Mike for 90min.And its not only this game, its 70% of the games.
lol how do you find a way to shit on Giroud this season? Some of you guys comments are just repackaged and not a reflection of the actual facts of the season. Predetermined comments with little logic.

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Honestly that would be very stupid move from PSG. Will all the respect to Rafa, Barcola has a bigger potential than Rafa. I would swap Leao for Barcola in a blink of an eye, especially as stupid PSG would be ready to add 50M on top of player exchange.
You understand the game.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Europa anthem reminds me a bit of Game of Thrones for some reason, like we are entering a battle.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Pioli could be at the end of his cycle at Milan, but if we do change him - make sure to get an actual upgrade, ala Conte. Lopetegui is a downgrade, so is Palladino or Italiano. Motta a mixed bag.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Pioli has misused or overused every attacking player we've had in an effort to "unlock" Leao. Once he got Leao playing MVP football he forgot to develop anyone else in attack.

View attachment 30149

Klopp is a system coach, Pep is a system coach, De Zerbi is a system coach. You'd be hard-pressed to find a high-level manager nowadays that doesn't have a definable playstyle. Messi is a system player (I know you'll agree with that ;)). I don't think that he fits better in a defined system to be a negative, per se.

The guy buckled under the weight of the expectations and responsibility, that much is indisputable. That being said, selling off an asset after one underperforming season is a bad sporting decision and bad business. The sporting aspect being that young players often underperform in new environments. In this case, the environment wasn't just the team, but the league/country. I think, and many people smarter than myself agree, that young players have to be put in the conditions to grow and given the chance to fail. I get that Milan fans are used to caviar and wine, but lets be real we've been eating chicken nuggets and washing it down with beer for a fair bit of time now. The only way to get back to the high life is via patience. The issue is systemic in Italy as a whole, they don't allow players to fail gracefully. The pundits and the papers hammer a 21 yr old kid for not being prime-Kaka. It's why Italian youth stagnate and are considered "young" when they're 24. Not so in Germany, Spain, and France.

The same patience that smaller clubs have to exhibit with their players, Milan needs to have because from a European perspective we're in a similar situation. Look at the stats posted above. Zirkzee, last year, playing in his favored position, scored twice all season for Bologna. At Milan, we'd have thrown him away. Now he's one of the top 10 players in the entire campionato. As is CDK.

Sacchi gave an interview today highlighting regrets that Milan have in losing players and brought up Paqueta, Diaz, Hakan, & CDK. 3 of those 4, you could argue, were mismanaged. How can a club in the financial situation we've been in have such little foresight?
To respond to just one single point of your post -

We were damned if we kept CDK and damned if we didn't. His confidence was shot but he was a flop. If we kept him and he continued to underperform, bad decision; if we sold him and he performed, bad decision.

Pioli can take some of the blame (last year was just weird and shit all round if we're honest) but I think a lot of people on here (not you) are pretty much just waiting for worst case scenarios to come true.

We miss out on a player? Hope he comes good, otherwise forget him. We get a player? Hope he either becomes Messi or flops.

It's an odd fanbase.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli could be at the end of his cycle at Milan, but if we do change him - make sure to get an actual upgrade, ala Conte. Lopetegui is a downgrade, so is Palladino or Italiano. Motta a mixed bag.
Wouldn’t be surprised if he won the Europa and kept his job.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I believe it depends on the performance of Serie A teams overall in europe this year. If EPL outperforms us by a big margin then they will have 5th instead
Indeed, the top 2 will get 5 CL spots. Italy and England on top atm. Important that Spanish and German teams are knocked out early.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
This is completely right.

If we do get rid of Pioli, we need to get a proper upgrade and a logical one too. Conte is an upgrade in some departments (many but not all, and he has clear drawbacks). They need to pick the right guy, which is a risk in itself.

Kranjcar

Bench player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kranjcar, Nesta, Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini, Totti, Ibrahimovic, Chivu, Terry
What is potential? Based on what has he more potential? You guys just like new toys.
Remember my words. I know it is hard to accept but remember the name. I will ask you in 3/4 years from now

LemonCookies

Andrea Poli Fan Club President
Reaction score
Leao’s response to scoring today made it pretty clear he has really been struggling through this drought and difficult season.

Looked like pure fucking relief.
Palladino not ready for his Monza to get ass blasted by renewed Leao in 3 days.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
RLC on 7 goals and 2 assists this season for us.
1 more contribution and he's caught up to Theo...

Edit: Oh wait. Theo got an assist today, 2 more then. :ibralol:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I so fucking hate Pioli man, we are 3-0 up and he keeps that 37 year old carcass on the filed, he is invisible all game, has 2-3 flicks and a few headers from Mike for 90min.And its not only this game, its 70% of the games.
I get ppl frustrated with the coach....but bro....we just had a comfortable win. Can you not enjoy it? 🤷🏽‍♂️

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Can you not enjoy it?
enjoy thursday night football? with rlc? for a club such as ours?
6a6d1124cf69e5588588bc7e397598f6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule