• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
1) He's not a high volume goal scorer *cough*cough* Origi *cough*
2) His fitness is up for doubt
3) His mentality and football IQ is up for debate

Again, he's 23. So it's all up in the air.
Honestly, if he can get down the right flank and whip in crosses for Giroud or CDK, it guess it's worth a shot 🤷‍♂️
But we have two similarly incomplete RW's. Let's hope that he proves to be a few levels above them.
I'm not sure how a guy with 3 goals in 41 league apps would get so much hype on this forum.
If it were someone from Lique 1 with 20 goals in 41 apps ppl would still be skeptical.
The only reason he has some hype in my book is because he's big, strong, fast and dangerous when in form. All attributes I want on that RW, and four attributes Saele is sorely lacking despite his other ones. As for all the other weaknesses, they're already out there.

I'm down with trusting our management on this one. If it's a loan/option/obligation thing we at least seem to do those deals quite well.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Inter is really shit, theyre much worse from last season. If our excuse is injuries, then whats theirs?

And people rated them so highly after their busy July market.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not sure what to make of this analogy
We were elated when we sold Suso because he sucked for us. If it wasn't for the obligation due to making CL, Sevilla would for sure have declined to pay 24m for him.
but if Zaniolo comes here and shows some promise during the next 6 months, I'm happy to keep him for 23m and send Messias packing in the summer. Zaniolo is only 23.
But what if he has the first 6 months that CdK had? Yea, he's still young but we are force to pay at least 25m for a player that we probably would not have if the CL obligation clause isn't there. Hence, my comment about Roman fans feeling the same as we did when we got rid of Suso.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Let’s not address all the holes in the squad with calculated, targeted signings but poorly judged (cdk, mc origi) and impulsive (zaniolo) ones. Then, call fans who don’t agree with these practices “fake fans” :head:

Stay strong, Geoffrey, we know you’re trying your best and those in charge are taking your expertise for granted. Instead, they choose to do their own thing at the behest of their egos :PThinking:
Also may be very true. Or there's no money or negotiating skills to land scouted targets.

Zaniolo is a typical Italian signing. If you're Italian you're already half God calcio wise. Never mind there's 28 better ones to be found in the world.

But... to try to be optimistic, maybe the deal can be ok financially for Milan. Maybe even an option to buy...

I had hopes for Zaniolo this summer but he really showed NOTHING this year.

They should have taken Enzo and that Santos young rw for the price of CDK. But... time will tell aguess.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I must say this year I really rarely agreed with MMMs scouting choices. Didn't liked the CDK deal at those high figures and I really can't warm up for Zaniolo neither. Seems like a gamble not worth taking, eventhough it's probably the only one we can at this point in the season because no one gives us a player (on loan) mid-season who hasn't some kind of downside (unless we overpay but that's not gonna happen for good reasons).

So yeah, in Maldini we keep trusting :lol:

May my doubts be the jinx needed to see Zaniolo becoming the next Milan fan favorite.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inter is really shit, theyre much worse from last season. If our excuse is injuries, then whats theirs?

And people rated them so highly after their busy July market.
And completely destroyed us 5 days ago

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Disagreement between Milan and Roma on EVERYTHING: Roma want a dry transfer or an obligation to buy without condition and 35/40M, while Milan propose a conditional obligation and 18/19M.

[ @DiMarzio ]

CDK part two. This sounds about right tho.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I said this earlier, but if Zaniolo wasn't such an insufferable shit, I'd understand the appeal: Zaniolo is fast, strong, and works hard. He goes on great runs, and as a young player, he looked like a true talent. The injuries were devastating, so respect for him to come back from them... But still.

I think the lack of development to his game is really rooted in his attitude. He hasn't shown progress in his finishing, in his passing, or in his professionalism.

I lauded Maldini for ditching Faivre after he gave those interviews and stopped going to training. But Zaniolo is pulling a very similar little shit move, protesting to get a move, which hurts his team (fine by me, do it to Roma) but why would I want that attitude here? Why would Maldini allow that to come into our squad, when it is clearly the team chemistry that is what makes this team special? What is his logic here? That Faivre pulled his stunt while we were in negotiations with Brest and Zaniolo did this before we started negotiating?

He's going to come here, say he grew up a Milan fan, that he wore the 22 for Kaka, and blah blah blah. So far, Milan has went after high character guys, and I think that's been a big plus for this team. Zaniolo isn't a high character guy. If you kick ass while being a jerk, like Courtois, good for you, great. But I think having bad character actually impacts your ability to develop and grow.

I'd love to be wrong about Zaniolo, as I want any player that comes here to do well, would love it, but, I hate this move.
He's Italian so in Italia it all erases and you just get to be a calcio papers star and fuck the rest of the world. Not good for them but it's true.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
We were elated when we sold Suso because he sucked for us. If it wasn't for the obligation due to making CL, Sevilla would for sure have declined to pay 24m for him.

But what if he has the first 6 months that CdK had? Yea, he's still young but we are force to pay at least 25m for a player that we probably would not have if the CL obligation clause isn't there. Hence, my comment about Roman fans feeling the same as we did when we got rid of Suso.
I see Suso, a short legged slow player with Hakanesque beta-personality and world wide recognition of his mediocrity and limitations.

I don't know too much about Zanilos behavioural issues, but he is a large individual with pace, talent and personality. The two latter of which he has failed to show.

However one lines up the two deals the players involved don't deserve much comparison outside the position they play. And personally I don't like that we're signing a known troublemaker, goes against our policy so far. But if they think the talent is there...

Also I don't think management reacts emotionally to 6 month periods like the Commode does, that's not a smart strategy.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Zaniolo makes sense because hes association grown. He would walk into the squad list for champions and serie a with no issue. But Roma are smoking di*k if they think we’re paying 40m for him.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I think u don't have to worry coz we know Maldini buys only on his own terms. And Milan can't pay more then 22/24 mln. Roma will sell in the EPL and here we go.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Disagreement between Milan and Roma on EVERYTHING: Roma want a dry transfer or an obligation to buy without condition and 35/40M, while Milan propose a conditional obligation and 18/19M.

[ @DiMarzio ]

Dry transfer could also be ok! It would let Milan test him out without agreeing to any further spending.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Zaniolo makes sense because hes association grown. He would walk into the squad list for champions and serie a with no issue. But Roma are smoking di*k if they think we’re paying 40m for him.
this is where messias and salad come into play. maybe even rebic

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

[ @DiMarzio ]
Yeah it was too good to be true lool

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

[ @DiMarzio ]

I don't trust Di Mayonnaise since his Kondogbia disaster

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Zaniolo is indeed forcing a move, our offer is more than adequate. :proud:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seeing you be negative depresses me.

Yeah, that Theo injury really ruined my day. The six-day-break since the derby debacle was well needed and helped me restore my faith and optimism. Still bit shaky, but intact. Now this new musculaire injury to one of our key players.

See, we're in injury crisis since practically the first day of this season. Again. Half the time we played with half the starters out, even in CL. The other half we played with the overplayed and overused lads who remained. You know the drill: for a couple of games you maintain your usual niveau by overcommitting. Problem is you can't maintain that neither physically nor mentally. Poor performances start to increase. Those lead to bad results. Bad results lead to decreasing self-esteem. That again leads to bad results too. You enter that vicious circle that his hard to escape from. I think that's what happened to us in December/January (of course along other reasons like some questionable coaching decisions and a not so fruitful summer mercato).

In the last few weeks we got some bad results to digest. But at least players kept coming back from nursery. Now we suffer the next blow. And while I'm trying not to freak out, DiMarzio and Romano are telling me that we're really trying for another already broken and often injured player :lol:

Like - why does Maldini want us to suffer this hard :lol: I'm a bit low in humor right now but I'll pull myself together just in time for tomorrow's match, don't worry 😊

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roma are delusional in their asking price. That's aimed at stupid PL clubs. And if they don't bite, realism is laid bare...

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

[ @DiMarzio ]

Now this puts a smile on my face :lol: .

C'mon Roma, don't back off your 40M valuation :proud:

The again, EPL is probably crazy enough to dump 40M on a player with no knees. And with that money Roma flies Ziyech in 1st class in. Maybe it's better they get only a dry loan from us? Damn I don't know anymore what to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule