The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meanwhile, we can't even afford >1m to release Sportiello from his contract early :LOL:
It wasn’t 1m, I think Atalanta were forcing us to pay around 5m. So the question is was it worth it to pay 5m to have Sportiello early until Maignan gets back. They decided no it wasn’t worth it. Maybe it would have been worth it right at the start of the window, but I don’t think anyone expected the collapse and for us to concede so many preventable goals. Tata was always bad but not this bad.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It’s shocking the amount of people openly calling for Maldini and Massara to be sacked. I sort of understand calling for Pioli to be sacked, January was that bad, but why Maldini and Massara?
I don't want Maldini and Ricky sacked, but they fucked up big time. We have such a low budget and they still manage to spend a lot of money on fodders.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't want Maldini and Ricky sacked, but they fucked up big time. We have such a low budget and they still manage to spend a lot of money on fodders.
Besides CDK, who did they overspend on?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It’s shocking the amount of people openly calling for Maldini and Massara to be sacked. I sort of understand calling for Pioli to be sacked, January was that bad, but why Maldini and Massara?
Who?

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly

I have issues with redeeming Messias, no surprise there... And Baka, he's been more miss than hit for years now, it was a risk that we didn't need to take while we still had Kessie.

I for one don't want him sacked, Maldini is a draw for players we've heard it time and time again, but he still has some stuff to learn.

I feel he's stuck in the middle of a lot of stuff... Monconda recommending players we can't afford, trying to please fans, while answering to how many different bosses now?

All while looking stylish as fuck, that's hard work folk!!!

Fucking Forza Maldini... But I'm wanting more from him and Gerry very VERY soon!!!

My issues currently are aimed at Gerry, and Pioli, and I'm looking for answers over knee jerk reactions... If you can keep your head while others are losing theirs!!!

We need leadership, Gerry isn't doing it, so I want to see MMM and Pioli step up now that silly season is over.

Forza Milan 🙏

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
I 100% get the reasons for Maldini and Massara to be sacked. Am I there yet? Not quite, but the number of bad moves they’ve made recently isn’t insignificant

- Origi has been a complete disaster
- Florenzi for the wages he’s on offers very little (yes, quota, but im sure we can find cheaper third string RBs who are Italy trained)
- Losing Kessie for free and not bothering to replace him
- Bakayoko - less said the better
- Having a squad with 4 AMs, 4 RBs - but no backup left back or CM depth
- Buying and keeping FBT
- not having a competent second goalkeeper
- extending Pioli on 4m wages
- Losing Kerkez for peanuts
- Losing Donnarumma on a free (Yes Maigan was a great move but it doesn’t change the fact that we lost a generational goalkeepers for free)
- wasting 5m on Messias - just why? If CDK was the master plan Rw all along, they wouldn’t have done this

We’ve wasted/forfeited tons of money on the above moves and therefore have a very incomplete squad. Not saying that a SD can get everything right but their performance so far has been average at best

In a world where the premier league exists, our outgoing transfers have been very poor

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
It wasn’t 1m, I think Atalanta were forcing us to pay around 5m. So the question is was it worth it to pay 5m to have Sportiello early until Maignan gets back. They decided no it wasn’t worth it. Maybe it would have been worth it right at the start of the window, but I don’t think anyone expected the collapse and for us to concede so many preventable goals. Tata was always bad but not this bad.
Absolutely...Sportiello is a quality, Serie A experienced goalkeeper and levels above fodder Tata who's clearly lost his confidence. Also, Tata is a serious threat to our CL ambitions where we stand to lose at least 7/8x the 5m that Sportiello costs. However, Maldini is handicapped by his poor summer mercato and has no money to spend after blowing 50m on CDK, Thiaw, Vrancx + Messias who've made next to no impact and handing out long term contracts to injury prone players like Florenzi + Origi. Also, being unable to get rid of Shittyoko means we're stuck paying him 2.5m gross for another 6 months of bench warming.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini

Neither have been in their respective positions for that long and have done quite well all things considered.

Of course there have been errors and players walked free but this is not exclusive to Milan only. In fact I think they made more than fair offers to all Donna. Hakan and Kessie and correctly refused to overpay them. They haven’t replaced them all properly but Mike was a class and speedy replacement for Donna.

The most recent transfer window hasn’t been as fruitful or lived up to the hopes or expectations of many (yet). Some may yet prosper and grow others might not. It is way too early to judge.

But I agree errors have been made but Galliani made a lot of mistakes too (even when he was the best on the planet at his job where money was no object) and he was in the job for years.

Cut Maldini, Massara and Moncada some slack under very difficult circumstances they are doing very well (not as well as we or I imagine they themselves would like) but with the full context of Milan’s situation considered the constraints etc it is not as bad as it seems.

yungeddy

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hekky Z getting Todd Boehlyd

Paolo Maldini is obviously amateur but we also want him to stick around

1. Fire massara useless cunt
2. Find good TD..maldini perfect SD
3. Listen to moncada

not rocket science

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
All of this is true, it is a failure if we don’t win the title. But look at the ambition and the success that’s happened in such a short time. It is not fair to suddenly say all that means nothing because we ‘failed’ in the summer to improve the squad, and didn’t spend anything in winter. I really don’t know what they’re thinking or what the reasons for that are, we can only speculate. I’m still completely confident that Maldini (and Pioli) will keep raising the level of this team year after year. Maybe some years aren’t as great, but over a longer timeframe we’ll always be moving up and doing it the right way without taking shortcuts.
Lool pioli has lost the plot. It’s just a matter of time before he gets sacked

yungeddy

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Im just wondering if a loss vs inter means Pioli out...
Losing against spurs AND inter ...thatsguaranteed fired in every scenario

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Im just wondering if a loss vs inter means Pioli out...
Losing against spurs AND inter ...thatsguaranteed fired in every scenario
I honestly think it will take more than that for him to be fired

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Baka alone is 4.6 m per year. 9.2 m in total for 2 years of him sitting on the bench. Almost everybody here was against the move. This transfer had flop written all over it. 9.2 m literally down the drain.
Florenzi is 3.7 m
Dest is 6 m 💀
Origi is 5.1 m
Nearly 20 m gross/year on 4 players that were brought to be bench players. Some of our bench players (Baka, Florenzi, Dest, Origi, Rebic) are earning much more than the starters (Leao, Bennacer and Tonali pre-extentions, Kalulu). What kind of re-tarded club is bringing in bench players on higher wages than the ones given to the starters?

CDK for 35 m is ridiculous even if he performed well. Of all the teams in the world, it is us that broke the all time Belgian league record outgoing transfer fee :lol: Not PSG, not Real, not City, but Milan :lol:
Rejected 15+ m for Pobega
Rejected any loan offers for Lazetic. What is the point of having the kid in the stands? He's been here for more than a year and nothing is changing. Could've got like 1 m from a paid loan + he would get valuable experience, but no, he should sit comfortably on the bench.
We have 4 GKs :lol: Mirante who never even touched the field costs us 1.3 m.
Decided to wait for Renato, who was obviously not interested in Milan, instead of going for Enzo who was 1 signature away and was way more affordable.
Chased Botman for months, didn't land him and brought... Thiaw :lol: CB was obviously a priority for Maldini and Massara and after failing with the #1 target, they simply decided that it is no longer a priority. This logic is still killing me and we all see the results.
After fucking up with both Renato and Enzo, decided to give Wolfsburg 2 m for a loan of a bench player. 2 m gross wage again for nothing.
Spent 4.5 m on Messias and 2 m gross per year on wages.

A lot of questionable decisions and money spent on useless players.

Last edited:

yungeddy

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I honestly think it will take more than that for him to be fired

For a coach that already had #pioliout trending BEFORE he got hired
That would be insane imo after losing also those 2 games to not fire him..there would be a massive response from the fans i think and media
Gonna be juicay

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How do you think the derby will go guys? Do you think we will be able to react? I remember a couple of seasons ago people were doubting Inter and the players professionalism and they put in an incredible performance against us. I really hope we can do the same, you'd like to think so as you'd hope pride and occasion kicks in. Form goes out the window and all those clichés, it might just be the best opponent for us just now?

yungeddy

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Getting dest was horrible move....he is a trash player...decent for serie A...but hes on topplayer wages....
absolutely terrible

embarasssing
origi florenzi ok maldini sure thats unlucky partly...but giving huge contracts to players with known questionabe fitness
terrrrrrible move

bakayoko>>>> rly making an amateur out of maldini and massara..i hope massara and that paolo isnt responsible

Renewing this trash ****** pioli

many many bad moves..but its clear guys
our mgmt are definitely not professionals...lets be realistic and humble

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How do you think the derby will go guys? Do you think we will be able to react? I remember a couple of seasons ago people were doubting Inter and the players professionalism and they put in an incredible performance against us. I really hope we can do the same, you'd like to think so as you'd hope pride and occasion kicks in. Form goes out the window and all those clichés, it might just be the best opponent for us just now?
We will receive the Pioli special - humiliation

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Baka alone is 4.6 m per year. 9.2 m in total for 2 years of him sitting on the bench. Almost everybody here was against the move. This transfer had flop written all over it. 9.2 m literally down the drain.
Florenzi is 3.7 m
Dest is 6 m 💀
Origi is 5.1 m
Nearly 20 m gross/year on 4 players that were brought to be bench players. Some of our bench players (Baka, Florenzi, Dest, Origi, Rebic) are earning much more than the starters (Leao, Bennacer and Tonali pre-extentions, Kalulu). What kind of re-tarded club is bringing in bench players on higher wages than the ones given to the starters?

CDK for 35 m is ridiculous even if he performed well. Of all the teams in the world, it is us that broke the all time Belgian league record outgoing transfer fee :lol: Not PSG, not Real, not City, but Milan :lol:
Rejected 15+ m for Pobega
Rejected any loan offers for Lazetic. What is the point of having the kid in the stands? He's been here for more than a year and nothing is changing. Could've got like 1 m from a paid loan + he would get valuable experience, but no, he should sit comfortably on the bench.
We have 4 GKs :lol: Mirante who never even touched the field costs us 1.3 m.
Decided to wait for Renato, who was obviously not interested in Milan, instead of going for Enzo who was 1 signature away and was way more affordable.
Chased Botman for months, didn't land him and brought... Thiaw :lol: CB was obviously a priority for Maldini and Massara and after failing with the #1 target, they simply decided that it is no longer a priority. This logic is still killing me and we all see the results.
After fucking up with both Renato and Enzo, decided to give Wolfsburg 2 m for a loan of a bench player. 2 m gross wage again for nothing.
Spent 4.5 m on Messias and 2 m gross per year on wages.

A lot of questionable decisions and money spent on useless players.
This is worth sacking him? Not saying you want him sacked, but does this justify other people saying he deserves to go?

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
How do you think the derby will go guys? Do you think we will be able to react? I remember a couple of seasons ago people were doubting Inter and the players professionalism and they put in an incredible performance against us. I really hope we can do the same, you'd like to think so as you'd hope pride and occasion kicks in. Form goes out the window and all those clichés, it might just be he best opponent for us just now?
I’m hopeful playing a derby game will ignite a bit of fire and determination in the team again. Get one win aim for another to follow it. The team’s confidence is rock bottom at the moment. They have to lift themselves out of it and react.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also this 3-5 year plan.. we are in year 3 already so they have only 2 years left to reach bayern/city level it seems 💀
No we’re not. The second phase started this season. We just started the new 3 year growth cycle where we should have a CL challenging side by the end of it. First 3 year cycle ended last season. This is Maldini’s own words.

yungeddy

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sack this trash piece of shit pioli there are plenty other people who can do the easy job of securing 4th and developing our youngsters till stadium is here

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also this 3-5 year plan.. we are in year 3 already so they have only 2 years left to reach bayern/city level it seems 💀
I think Scudetto counts as year 1 if we are being lenient. We would now be in year 2, which would have meant 1 more year for the original ”3-5 year”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule