The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even after our mercato last summer, brk said he thought we could compete in CL in “3-5 seasons”.

He was also saying we are going to achieve that without expecting our signings to have immediate impact.
I still believe this. Start of 2026-2027 season Milan will be at least in the top 8 of teams most likely to win the CL.

Just checked the odds for this season and Milan are already 13th.

Man City +250
Liverpool +500
PSG +550
Bayern Munich +600
Real Madrid +900
Tottenham +1600
Chelsea +1600
Barcelona +2000
Atletico Madrid +3500
Juventus +4000
Inter Milan +5000
Borussia Dortmund +5000
AC Milan +6500
RB Leipzig +10000
Ajax +10000
Dinamo Zagreb +10000
Porto +15000
Napoli +15000
RB Salzburg +20000
Eintracht Frankfurt +25000
Bayer Leverkusen +25000
Sevilla +25000
Celtic +25000
Rangers +25000
Marseille +25000
Benfica +30000
Sporting Lisbon +50000
Club Brugge +50000
FC Copenhagen +75000
Viktoria Plzen +100000
Maccabi Haifa +100000
Shakhtar Donetsk +100000

So in 3-5 years we’ll be in the conversation with City, Bayern, Real, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona and PSG.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
If @Ash and the rest said he is a useless director who's signed nothing but banter players, why does GOAT italian defender and probably the favourite player of 50% of this board Alessandro Nesta say blaming Maldini and Pioli is a fools game?! But what would he know, right?

Your inability to reason out the most basic of human nature never ceases to surprise me.

NESTA IS THEIR FRIEND Duh :rolleyes:
They did the same thing for Gattuso...do you really think they won't circle the wagons for Paolo?

They don't even criticize a complete lolcow like P!rl0 ffs.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
I think we expect Maldini to voice his opposition to management publicly, because he's done it before. However, he signed a renewal and spoke just this January words closer to the Elliott line than things he had ever said before. Suddenly he seemed a man of compromise, who had taken the red pill of slow build at the expense of the immediate dominance he was obviously demanding after the Scudetto.

Maldini will do what he thinks is best for Milan. He has shown outspokenness before, but he hasn't now. Is it because his choices for the summer are barely playing and not contributing? After 30+ years of honorable Maldini the moral alpha male is he suddenly turning into a bitter man? I think that is an idiotic assumption, entertained only by our household idiots. If he doesn't speak now it's because of two factors. 1) He believes in the sporting side regardless of recent results, he thinks this squad has played below its potential. 2) He knows that if certain parameters are met towards the summer he will have a different freedom, more freedom to operate.

If @Ash and the rest said he is a useless director who's signed nothing but banter players, why does GOAT italian defender and probably the favourite player of 50% of this board Alessandro Nesta say blaming Maldini and Pioli is a fools game?! But what would he know, right?

The ownership is responsible and should back the club with more freedom to operate in the transfer market. Give Paolo 100m plus minus this summer and we go.
Maldini changed his tone because Gerry promised him Scamacca, Chiesa, Kamada, and Zaniolao (minimum) for next summer.

Promise is only a word that's mean nothing, but yeah

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hitchens promised he will slap a manure fan at San Siro. I was waiting eagerly for it but like our transfers it’s a mirage.

Btw most folks like brk and Alo. 10 years ago we aimed for deep depression for opponents with pure bullying, racism, sexism etc. now we have ok quality banter with lot of gifs

Brk compared pioli to Sacchi and posted essays after essays about some useless stuff and his posts on Tiago’s Spotify podcast. God damn what an asshole but he is a nice guy

In case you missed it.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Paid in 6 installments. With PL money that’s nothing.

Easy guys, Chelsea going crazy this transfer window, but in the next 6 years they'll do nothing (except maybe for low-level transfer)

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Easy guys, Chelsea going crazy this transfer window, but in the next 6 years they'll do nothing (except maybe for low-level transfer)
That's what I said to myself to keep my jealousy from going out of control :lol:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Jorginho to arsenal for 12 million is a bit of a steal.

I guess our quota of lightweight midfield midgets is already filled though.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Why couldn’t we do this deal instead of some rando goalie? ffs

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
ac-milans-rui-costa-l-and-paolo-maldi.jpg

This is a painting. Fuck everybody who slander Berlusconi.
How long will Rui run provincial Benfica. He should try provincial Milan for a change of scenery.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Maignan should (hopefully) finally be back this month. I think it’s an awkward situation where no GK that wants to play would want to find themselves in. A few more games of Tatarusanu or spend 5m to get Sportiello early? I don’t think they expected him to be this bad, but at this point it’s too late for it to make that big of a difference. Might as well just grit your teeth and wait for Mike.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

I think we actually tried, and that he didn't want to come because it would've been straight to the bench with Maignan back.

Still can't believe we didn't manage to nullify Tatarusanu.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Ludwig

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
ac-milans-rui-costa-l-and-paolo-maldi.jpg

This is a painting. Fuck everybody who slander Berlusconi.
Without Berlusconi, Milan would be dead long ago. I'm always grateful for Berlusconi, even if he just delayed the bankruptcy for 20 years and gave us a lot of prestigious trophies in the meantime.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
OM has revenue which is 100+ m less than ours, but still managed to buy a player for 30+ m this winter.
Last 2 transfer markets they spent over 100 m on new players. Net spend around 70 m. On the other hand, we had net spend of 35 m and as it seems we don't have ANY money available.

This situation makes zero sense...

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
I agree that there is the possibility of a future where we are financially sustainable (north of 500m revenues) and consistently competing for champions leagues.

However, I do not agree that being frugal is the way to get there. We need 4-5 years of Invetsments and risk taking in player, staff, and stadium.

A paltry net spend and signing of unknowns youngsters is just not moving things ahead quick enough

We are going to perpetually be in this “just 4-5 players needed to be a top team” boat.

Now now it’s CM CM RW CF. 2 years later it could be a different set of needs (although I’ll bet my house on the fact that RW will still be one of them).

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly

I think pride made it impossible to ever go there... Taking PSGs sloppy seconds while our snake rises in their ranks to No.1.

The headlines and jokes would be too much and Maldini would never put himself in that sort of position.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
How long will Rui run provincial Benfica. He should try provincial Milan for a change of scenery.
There is nothing provincial about how Benfica is run on and off the pitch. Nothing provincial about them whatsoever since they’re literally from the capital of Portugal.

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
Considering the injuries, results and the form this mercato speaks volumes about the new owners. Another missed opportunity to get decent owners. They will waste years with minumum investments to bleed the club dry and then try to get some money out of the sale. Unless we get another Silvio or arab owners we are year 0 for another decade. Sad, out of all the owners, why do we get the worst ones three times in a row.

BaniCPT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
SeasonBiggest saleFeeTotal sales
2022-23Enzo Fernandez€121m€262m
2021-22Pedrinho€18m€49.5m
2020-21Ruben Dias€68m€76.5m
2019-20Joao Felix€127m€240m
2018-19Talisca€19m€73.3m
2017-18Ederson€40m€132.7m
2016-17Renato Sanches€35m€121.3m
2015-16Rodrigo€30m€104.3m
2014-15Enzo Perez€25m€104.6m
2013-14Nemanja Matic€25m€45.7m
2012-13Axel Witsel€40m€75.7m
2011-12Fabio Coentrao€30m€41.2m

BaniCPT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Even after our mercato last summer, brk said he thought we could compete in CL in “3-5 seasons”.

He was also saying we are going to achieve that without expecting our signings to have immediate impact.
But it's not impossible. We have a young core within our team, we just lack 2-3 champions to elevate the team.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Considering the injuries, results and the form this mercato speaks volumes about the new owners. Another missed opportunity to get decent owners. They will waste years with minumum investments to bleed the club dry and then try to get some money out of the sale. Unless we get another Silvio or arab owners we are year 0 for another decade. Sad, out of all the owners, why do we get the worst ones three times in a row.
or we need new scouting and youth departments and become something like Benfica but without selling players too much

BaniCPT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Not going to lie.

I’ve gone from jealous to straight up MAD seeing how Chelsea is spending money relative to us.

If I hear about FFP again as an excuse…

Installments or lack thereof mean fuck all when it comes to FFP… fixed transfer fee needs to be amortized anyway. They’ve spent close to 600m, that’s around 120m amortization a year for a club that has a revenue close to 450m

Please tell me how the fuck this is possible?

Honestly on the verge of going full patosheva here

GERRYSHIT you cheap little fraud
Chelsea preparing for the super league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule