Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
kjaer is better than lovren and vida and they're all 33

he is declining physically tho no doubt how long has it been now that hes struggling to come back from that injury... must have had another 3-4 after that at least. still not writing him off at all, i believe he'll be back again but if this continues all season we might have to invest @ cb

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Is it just me or was Adli also partly to blame for the goal? I think he should and could have done a lot better to shield the ball or at least force a foul. Seemed resigned that he was going to lose the ball and didn't put up a fight. There were also a few other moments where he did some stupid shit losing his player because of bad marking or refusing to follow a runner. I can see why Pioli doesn't trust him yet. On the ball he's great, but he has a lot of work to do to be more disciplined off the ball.

I wanted Adli to run after him, but the ball from Tata is so insanely bad. It's not to Tonali, it's not to Adli, it's between them.

Adli didn't lose the ball, that's the thing, because the ball isn't towards him, but behind him.

Regardless, I wanted Adli to hustle and try and cover the mistake.

I think Pioli doesn't play Adli more because he runs out of gas. By the 60th minute, he's done. He doesn't have the stamina or strength to play like he wants. Adli wants to run, wants to pop up everywhere, but he hasn't physically developed to do that. Adli starts games brightly, but fades, and as he gets tired, his accuracy drops considerably.

But that's me being charitable to Pioli. Adli shows more promise than CDK has in the CAM role. CDK is a RW, for me, and doesn't have the mindset for the CAM spot.

I would like to see Adli with Bennacer and Tonali, I would imagine Adli would thrive with another passer. CDK being the RW would give him another person to interplay with. But Pioli hates me and refuses to play the most logical lineup.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kjaer is coming back from injury but the conditioning will be built up again. I don't see a big problem with it, since he joined us Kjaer is getting treated like someone who is 5 years older than he actually is.

Lovren or Vida are the same age as Kjaer and Kjaer is imo better or at least on the same level.
I agree with this sentiment but I would like to point out that for me the concern isn't just conditioning.

He's shown throughout this season that he's been a step behind. He's such a liability against sides with a quality attack, Danish coach benched him against France. I think Kjaer is fine against the minnows, but at this point he is a liability against tougher sides (look at the foul he made against Napoli, hence why he was subbed off at half time).

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kjaer clearly doesnt have physical condition, a veteran will probably arrive to fill that exactly space.. probably a fellow 1 or 2 years younger than Simon.

I mean, they wouldnt be sub him with Gvardiol for example, but with the likes to Alderweireld, Lovren, Vida, maybe a guy with the experience of Varane in his early 30's.
Bro let's be serious, we aren't getting Gvardiol because of his price tag not his age. If price-tag wasn't an issue, I for sure would take Gvardiol before Lovren or Vida.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

But yes it seems they had already made that determination with Botman. Also curious why Thiaw was again playing RB yesterday instead of some time in the center.

I think Thiaw fills the hole that Botman was supposed to cover. I made fun of Thiaw when we were linked with him the first time, but the kid looks impressive.

I also think Thiaw was playing as a RB because Florenzi and Calabria are still out, Pobega was playing LB, and Dest and FBT are on vacation, which is why Kalulu played at RB to start the game.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just want to see a game with this lineup:

Maignan; Calabria, Kalulu, Tomori, Theo; Bennacer, Tonali; CDK, Adli, Leao; Giroud/Ibra

Why does Pioli hate me? Maybe it's God?

I should post a video questioning God because Pioli hasn't played this lineup.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Bro let's be serious, we aren't getting Gvardiol because of his price tag not his age. If price-tag wasn't an issue, I for sure would take Gvardiol before Lovren or Vida.
as 'mentor' ?

icculus71

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Maignan; Calabria, Kalulu, Tomori, Theo; Bennacer, Tonali; CDK, Adli, Leao; Giroud/Ibra

...not only this lineup, but a few games worth...let em gel / learn

I think too many people think that milan are farther along than we are, maybe the scudetto provided false hope...to some.
...believe in daplan....believe in maldini and have some patience.
Im looking at 2026 as the year - our youngsters will be exerienced and we'll be in the new stadium and at that $500m a year mark.
we will then be able to afford higher saleries and pay our CL winners.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Kjaer is our next coach

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I think Thiaw fills the hole that Botman was supposed to cover. I made fun of Thiaw when we were linked with him the first time, but the kid looks impressive.

I also think Thiaw was playing as a RB because Florenzi and Calabria are still out, Pobega was playing LB, and Dest and FBT are on vacation, which is why Kalulu played at RB to start the game.
I think Thiaw is impressive too but the same way they brought a primavera to play LB (not sure if he played or they just did the interview with him) they couldve played a primavera RB and let Thiaw play CB instead of Gabbia

- slight quibble

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
L

no he is just a mediocre coach

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imagine if Messi had scored the amazing goal that Alvarez scored yesterday! Just think all the crap we would have to hear then!!

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Thiaw is impressive too but the same way they brought a primavera to play LB (not sure if he played or they just did the interview with him) they couldve played a primavera RB and let Thiaw play CB instead of Gabbia

- slight quibble
Oh I totally agree, I'd prefer it if we played primavera kids and played Thiaw as a CB. I'd rather see Pobega get more minutes at CM than at LB--the worst part about Pobega at LB is that he was miles better than FBT defensively.

I think Pioli knew he had far less of his first-team squad available to him, so he put out a team that had (most) of his best players available out--it's like he was worried about the result against Arsenal.

It's a "pre-season" (or whatever) game, the result shouldn't matter. You're trying shit. If you get blasted 10-0, who gives a shit? You have to try things, but I think that's the issue with the way fans deal with nearly everything, if the game ended in some 6-1 thrashing or whatever, papers would start to be like "pressure on Pioli?!?!!?" And if Pioli is testing shit out to that end, or with that in mind, then shame on him.

Thiaw is another CB-who-can-play-RB, but shouldn't. He's even more of a Stam-type of RB than even Kalulu is, and I'm expecting to see Thiaw look shaky, but he doesn't. He looks more assured than Gabbia, and perhaps that's because he's on the right?

Which then makes me question why Brahim playing at RW is now happening more-and-more, but trying CDK there is some sort of taboo? The kid plays as a RW for Belgium in their 3421, and granted, you could say "oh, well, that system has a wingback, and blah blah blah" but like, he's playing more wide there than he does at Milan, and KDB, when he's in that spot, tucks in more and lets the RWB provide more width.

This is the year I've had the most issues with Pioli's decisions, by far. Maybe Thiaw, Aster, and Adli need more time? Kalulu took time to get to grips with things, but we didn't think about him, because he was seen as some random youth player we got for free or some small fee and most of us probably shrugged at him. Maybe that's the difference? Maybe Pioli shielding them, as he did with Kalulu is the right thing? Or maybe that is just a narrative to explain away the fact that it took a deluge of injuries for him to get his chance? Or maybe we forget that he was getting chances, even before that?

Who knows? I just know that I want to see more of Thiaw, Vranckx, and Adli from January onward.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
People call themselves footballfans but bitch whenever they can about Cristiano or Messi….
I imagine Modric was devastated at Croatia going out but at least he had the class to stay on the pitch support his team mates, pay respect to Argentina and respect to the fans who made the effort to go to Qatar.

I neither love nor hate the players you mentioned both have been magnificent for the game but can you honestly not see how disrespectful Ronaldo’s reaction was ? He deserted his team, the Portuguese supporters and it was very disrespectful to Morocco.

Win or lose a player must lead by example especially when wearing the captains armband. The man has destroyed his legacy by his self absorbed behaviour for several years now.

He is not the first and certainly won’t be the last player to do so.
Just my opinion on the incident in hand. Make what you will of it 😌

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh I totally agree, I'd prefer it if we played primavera kids and played Thiaw as a CB. I'd rather see Pobega get more minutes at CM than at LB--the worst part about Pobega at LB is that he was miles better than FBT defensively.

I think Pioli knew he had far less of his first-team squad available to him, so he put out a team that had (most) of his best players available out--it's like he was worried about the result against Arsenal.

It's a "pre-season" (or whatever) game, the result shouldn't matter. You're trying shit. If you get blasted 10-0, who gives a shit? You have to try things, but I think that's the issue with the way fans deal with nearly everything, if the game ended in some 6-1 thrashing or whatever, papers would start to be like "pressure on Pioli?!?!!?" And if Pioli is testing shit out to that end, or with that in mind, then shame on him.

Thiaw is another CB-who-can-play-RB, but shouldn't. He's even more of a Stam-type of RB than even Kalulu is, and I'm expecting to see Thiaw look shaky, but he doesn't. He looks more assured than Gabbia, and perhaps that's because he's on the right?

Which then makes me question why Brahim playing at RW is now happening more-and-more, but trying CDK there is some sort of taboo? The kid plays as a RW for Belgium in their 3421, and granted, you could say "oh, well, that system has a wingback, and blah blah blah" but like, he's playing more wide there than he does at Milan, and KDB, when he's in that spot, tucks in more and lets the RWB provide more width.

This is the year I've had the most issues with Pioli's decisions, by far. Maybe Thiaw, Aster, and Adli need more time? Kalulu took time to get to grips with things, but we didn't think about him, because he was seen as some random youth player we got for free or some small fee and most of us probably shrugged at him. Maybe that's the difference? Maybe Pioli shielding them, as he did with Kalulu is the right thing? Or maybe that is just a narrative to explain away the fact that it took a deluge of injuries for him to get his chance? Or maybe we forget that he was getting chances, even before that?

Who knows? I just know that I want to see more of Thiaw, Vranckx, and Adli from January onward.
I’m hoping the restart to the season will be a fresh start a rebirth if you will for players who feel they have disappointed and would like to prove a point. We shall see.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I imagine Modric was devastated at Croatia going out but at least he had the class to stay on the pitch support his team mates, pay respect to Argentina and respect to the fans who made the effort to go to Qatar.

I neither love nor hate the players you mentioned both have been magnificent for the game but can you honestly not see how disrespectful Ronaldo’s reaction was ? He deserted his team, the Portuguese supporters and it was very disrespectful to Morocco.

Win or lose a player must lead by example especially when wearing the captains armband. The man has destroyed his legacy by his self absorbed behaviour for several years now.

He is not the first and certainly won’t be the last player to do so.
Just my opinion on the incident in hand. Make what you will of it 😌
Well said
- Even Neymar who I think comes across as the biggest baby stayed and even interacted with Perisic's son.

I also like how you put it - his actions were disrespectful.
I dont believe Cr7 set out to be disrespectful but he gave in to how he always acts and didnt think about the occasion and others. The bigger man stays and accepts it even though its killing him inside.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I agree with this sentiment but I would like to point out that for me the concern isn't just conditioning.

He's shown throughout this season that he's been a step behind. He's such a liability against sides with a quality attack, Danish coach benched him against France. I think Kjaer is fine against the minnows, but at this point he is a liability against tougher sides (look at the foul he made against Napoli, hence why he was subbed off at half time).

Im pretty sure he missed both France and Australia games because of conditioning. Even Danish coach was annoyed that he couldn’t play him.

He’s still in a recovery plan and can only play every other game. Not surprising considering he was out for more than 6 months not too long ago.

Dravidian

Primavera
Reaction score

Here's a different take on this. These friendlies are also meant for our regular players to be match fit when the season resumes.

Players on the field should allow for a good competitive run for as much of the team as possible. If we field a lineup with an obvious weak-link, then the opponents would exploit that & take control of the whole match, thereby reducing our team into enablers for opponent's workout. While the result does not matter, playing to win (at least for part of the match) does.

Primavera players should get a chance to play as much as possible. But not at the expense of us getting thrashed 10-0. Ideally, we want at least a 45 mins competitive run plus some subs to experiment. I feel we achieved this in match vs Arsenal.

Though I do agree that Poili's overall squad management / rotation this season has been a bit confusing.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nice finish Theo 👌

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Give Ronaldo half a season fuck it
no-way-dude-no.gif