Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Well its a forum - in good and bad there will be differing topics and POV

The notion that we should get all on the same page in this is a fallacy - we all cope and enjoy the journey in different ways.
I have seen others here talk about we shouldnt have so much negativity but the truth is that if thats what they want then a closed group with only like-minded individuals is needed.

Some fans always complain even though during the event they hope for the best, some always excuse everything - We should be all mature enough to understand that is the nature of things.

As I said I'm in a good mood and feeling hopeful... I've come to terms with things, regards our impotent mercato.

It is what it is... Am I pissed yes, but I can't affect what happened, so I'm pushing forward hoping for some players to step, turn things around.

Forza Milan ♥️🖤♥️🖤

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
👌 Very aptly put Sir @MilanMB people should be extremely grateful to MMM for not only the Scudetto but for getting Milan on a far more positive road.

It has hit a few bumps of late there have been set backs but there are many who need to have a little more faith and not give up so easily.

Forza Milan ⭐⭐

Last edited:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
He waits for his chance on the RW and plays so well that pioli can’t ignore him anymore.
He was actually playing well the last game and got subbed out at half time. That as his first start since October btw (great way to boost a young player's confidence)

Lets give up any notion that Pioli has any clue how to integrate youth.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was actually playing well the last game and got subbed out at half time. That as his first start since October btw (great way to boost a young player's confidence)

Lets give up any notion that Pioli has any clue how to integrate youth.
He kept Rebic on (on a yellow) to play him with Leao, so we had two players that want to play LW and eventually two CFs too with Origi. Those subs were weird.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
How bad is Aldi that messias would start in the midfield over him? Sam is about to go off on pioli

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Pioli's job is on the line

The guy is risk averse at the best of times...you really think he will take gambles when his ass "is on fire"?

I think it's just rumor, but funny to entertain the thought of.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think it's just rumor, but funny to entertain the thought of.
Milan are the for sure under dogs on Sunday so a loss can be expected. If they get embarrassed like the past few games, then maybe Pioli will get sacked.

I think he has through the first leg vs Tottenham at least. But the farther they potentially drop from top 4 then he needs to go asap.

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
Calabria is always quickly involved in situations with the ref and both passionate and level headed. All in all he is a pretty active captain and a weird thing to hold against him.

not talking about getting involved or being active
he is a professional footballer..if ur not passionate or wanna get involved u shouldnt even be on the field

Its a huge difference for the players to see a man like kjaer or ibra leading on the pitch instead of a weak like calabria..thats just basic human psychology

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

Ag. Kiwior: "Many top Italian clubs wanted it, but you know what happens when the Premier arrives"​

We know, agent. We know :proud:
Apparently his exact words were that Napoli didn’t need him, Juve’s scandal prevented a move and Milan HESITATED (surprise surprise). Mark my words, this will go down as another Botman level miss who’s currently 3rd in the league with Newcastle who also have the BEST defence in the EPL.

Also, both Jorginho + Kiwior would’ve come in extremely handy here so fuck Arsenal too :lol::fp:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Apparently a Tonali-Krunic-Messias midfield with Saele at RW was tried in training :ibraugh:

Have to hope it's a misdirection to lull Inter into a false sense of security...
Lol I always knew Interista Pioli was an undercover agent :lol:

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Damn Kojak and yf have to be brothers?

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Probable lineup vs. Inter: Tatarusanu; Calabria, Kalulu, Kjaer, Theo Hernandez; Messias, Tonali, Krunic; Saelemaekers, Giroud, Leao

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's what we keep hearing from "positivity force" when we criticize performances. Just giving you a taste of your own medicine. :lol:

I keep hearing "that's what we keep hearing when..." but the last couple of weeks I think we've all been pretty united on the "what the fuck is Pioli doing" front, so I really don't know where that is coming from all of a sudden :conf:

Anyway, let's not do this stupid who's the better fan game. I appreciate every opinion, even those I disagree with, that doesn't make me or others better fans.

Written by Alo and Brk

:lol:

Good one, although I stand by my stance that all these reports with "they wanted to spend this or that on the mercato" in it are purely fabricated ones. They simply don't make sense from a financial POV. What does for example 70M mean in that report? 70M between amortization, wage and taxes? Or only player cards? And what about the wages and taxes then?

Even when we're arguing that Milan spent 50M net this year, as @omer486 pointed out, it's really not telling as much as the difference in overall payroll between 21/22 and 22/23 season (which we'll only know for sure once this season concludes and the numbers will be made public).

But I get that medias don't write for wannabe finance and number nerds like me or others but for common folks. So they keep beating on that rather simple "war chest!", "pharaoinic 400M mercato!" and whatnot drum.

I think the only hope now is that Redshit agrees and starts the stadium project, maybe at Sesto. They don't even have to stay around for the stadium to finish being made. Just starting the project should push the valuation up by a few hundred million in expectation of future revenues.

Then maybe, within 2 years these turds can sell the club to some Arab group and screw off to Toulouse!

I can't see any way around that TBH. My takes today were not taken from the stance "I defend Redbird and Elliott because I'm their spokesperson". I took them from the stance "how convenient to destabilize the environment just now and what do they actually know about Investcorp anyway?" Most of the stories are based on assumptions and rumors, not on facts. Fans should keep that in mind even when it's way easier right now to hate on everything Milan related, I get that.

Still, Redbird committed 1,2B + interests (~200M in total after 5 years) + earn-in bonus (if they sell Milan on a profit) for this club. How on earth are they going to recoup that without the stadium? That alone is imperative if they want to get Milan to a valuation of close to 2B. It really needs another Yonghong Li to end up with that realization only when it's too late.

But even with the stadium, a long-term-project, Redbird can't help but build on last season's success if they want to increase the value of the club. Obviously, deteriorating sporting results will only have a negative impact on the value of the club and thus negatively affect their investment.

So I'm with @brk in that I'd give them at least one last summer to see if they really are as stingy (and in that case, stupid and short-sighted) as this winter has made it look. Make no mistake: I am absolutely not happy and think they should have at least strengthened the goalkeeper position and possibly brought forward at least a small investment in the striker department already instead of waiting for this summer.

As for the summer mercato: Maldini must take at least partial responsibility for that. He may not have had much of a budget, but he didn't have 0 either. And unlike Napoli, we didn't sell any top performers with whom we could have financed the summer mercato. So he was in a good starting position despite loosing Kessie. I can understand why the owners thought the team didn't need any big investments after having been first or second in the league since the spring of 2020, even when in hindsight it was too blue eyed.

And re our current mental hole: I personally hold Pioli much more responsible, who has caused a real massacre with his stubbornness in terms of tactics, but also with the misguided introduction of new players and terrible handling of muscle injuries. He created a perfect negative storm in that regard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule