The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yes, he fooled them once. Hovewer they had at least 2 years to extend
I hope they've learned from it and Ben, Leao and Theo either extend or leave in summer
Kessie never wanted to extend. It wasn't about the management being fooled or stupid.

Kessie wants more money than Barella, than Rodri, than Fabinho. Has he played at that level this year? Fuck no.

Salah is saying he wants to stay at Liverpool, and the fans love him, because he's still scoring and he's probably the best player in the world.

Kessie wants to get paid more than he's worth. If Kessie was playing like he did last year, we would tell Maldini to pay him whatever he wants. Just like Liverpool fans are screaming at their management to pay Salah. Who makes less than fucking Sancho.

Donna was top class even in his last year. Kessie is not. Maybe he was sincere with his statements, maybe he wasn't, but he's played like shit this year. Pobega bullied him. He got owned by Fabinho. Kessie looks like he is protecting his body. He forgets to do that a few games, like against Atletico second game, Lazio, but it's just a few games.

Donna was worth 8m a year. He played to that level. He wanted to stay, he played games with the management and they told him to fuck off. He makes 7.5m at PSG now. As a backup. Maignan is better than him. We are better off.

Kessie isn't worth 5m now. He hasn't played at the level he's demanding. Barella, as much as I hate the goblin, performs. Let him see out his contract, because Meite last year is better than Kessie this year.

He wants 8 or 9m, please. Tonali is better than him now. Kessie isn't doing well for Ivory Coast either. Algeria is in shambles, but against other teams, he's been poor. Let's see what he does against an Egyptian team that has some steel in the middle, though they're missing the guy who would actually give him a challenge, who if he was younger, I'd want him here.

Anyway. Kessie fucked up. Let him try and get into the shop window here, get us our title, and then he can fuck off to Spurs or whoever, and maybe he rises to the challenge? I don't care, because he wasn't performing here. Milan is a tough place when there's actual expectations. Vieira, Davids, he won't be the first or the last to have talent and not make the grade.

He just isn't worth what he's asking for. He just isn't.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With respect to Raiola, I do find it interesting that the people who were semi-regularly wishing him a coronary are the same ones trying to police how we should react to his illness. Not on this forum necessarily, but in general.

Isn't this what most people who were so bent out of shape about how he handled the Donna situation and our club's image wanted?
Milan sent reps to the hospital to work out the Romagnoli extension while Raiola is half awake & to sign some documents lol.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah but it's become the norm.

Dembele as well, what an embarrassing man child he turned out to be.
Yeah

I remember really wanting him here back when he was a Dortmund player. Don't know if it's the Barca environment that doesn't suit him or if he's just a bitch.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
my wife had brain surgery twice. Want to guess how much the hospital bill is in the USA?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With respect to Raiola, I do find it interesting that the people who were semi-regularly wishing him a coronary are the same ones trying to police how we should react to his illness. Not on this forum necessarily, but in general.

Isn't this what most people who were so bent out of shape about how he handled the Donna situation and our club's image wanted?

Since two years there's a desease out there killing people and ruin world's and football's economy. Meanwhile he and his assets kept on asking for paychecks and commissions as if nothing was happening.

To me, what's happening to him right now is the stuff of tragic comedies.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Im 200% sure that mid of: sandro, isma, sanchez, adli, pobega, baka, diaz - can be by far the best in serie a. And that sandro, isma, renato s. and adli should be 4 starters for 3 spots.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Since two years there's a desease out there killing people and ruin world's economy. Meanwhile he and his assets kept on asking for paychecks and commissions as if nothing was happening.

To me, what's happening to him right now is the stuff of tragic comedies.
Absurd !

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

1642782238126.gif

meanwhile, in Vegas

still waiting :cry:

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
I am so sorry, I hope she is doing better now.
uhhh well, she is doing radiation and a chemo pill now. the tumor is benign but being an asshole. she is strong, though. Canadians are tough fucking people

The surgeries were each 100k. They pull these numbers out of their ass because they know insurance will pay it. It is a fucking racket. USA healthcare system is broken. Luckily, we make a lot of money and the deductible is 4k, but what the fuck?

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
barak is having an amazing season at hellas. 8g/4a in 18 games and already more than last season. i remember he said he was off to milan but then udinese didn't want to sell or something like that. another proof of our good scouting.
damn shame really, he would be a great option to rotate with brahim. also 190cm tho:eek:

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I could still see Kessie staying even though I don’t think it’s likely. There are so many different directions it can go.

He could have been sincere that he wants to stay, and he and his agent are just waiting to try to squeeze every possible penny out of milan. Tbh if he can wait and the power is with him, on one hand why wouldn’t he?

It’s very true that he’s asking for more than his actual worth, but unlike Hakan(who waited for clubs to call and got nothing until the eriksen injury forced inter to panic) there is a good market for Kessie right now, and that will give his next contract a boost no matter where it is. He doesn’t get injured often, he fits the modern game and he’s a good player. Recent form or not a lot of clubs will and do want him, which sucks for us.

A lot of players in football are starting to see out their contracts now, milan is not the only club. Covid has made clubs less likely to spend and the players know they have more power on an open market anyway. Becoming kinda like American sports in that regard. Really favors the epl though, I hope Maldini can manage to actually extend the players he himself bought(leao, theo, Ben, etc)

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
uhhh well, she is doing radiation and a chemo pill now. the tumor is benign but being an asshole. she is strong, though. Canadians are tough fucking people

The surgeries were each 100k. They pull these numbers out of their ass because they know insurance will pay it. It is a fucking racket. USA healthcare system is broken. Luckily, we make a lot of money and the deductible is 4k, but what the fuck?

This is very sad to hear, chemo is a tough nut to crack. I wish your wife and you all the best. Together you can do it!

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Why are clubs so reluctant on paying "only" 25M if this guy was supposed to be the next Neymar Jr. ?

And why is Man City asking for a loan? Top clubs aren't supposed to do loan deals? They just go and buy what they need is what people told me?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Why are clubs so reluctant on paying "only" 25M if this guy was supposed to be the next Neymar Jr. ?

And why is Man City asking for a loan? Top clubs aren't supposed to do loan deals? They just go and buy what they need is what people told me?

I think Romano is trying to say that Alvarez won't join City this January, but City would loan him out to another club.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I'm so sorry you're going through that. I hope everything works out, she sounds like an amazing person.

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
This is very sad to hear, chemo is a tough nut to crack. I wish your wife and you all the best. Together you can do it!
thanks, homie. if all goes well, we will be moving to italy and up north...so close to switzerland. My parents are both from Italy, and I have many family members there

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

I like what I saw of the player very much but dont think he is a Neymar / Messi controlling the flow type of player
- I do find it strange 25 mill is seemingly a problem.

United did the right thing though - they are the problem not the player. ow much young winger types have gone to die in their current setup

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

This is exactly what I thought. Before we came along, he was being linked with MLS teams.

His release clause is actually 20m, I think it grows to 25m in the summer? So it's even worse. Man City throws out 20m like it's nothing, the fact that there is hesitancy to trigger his release clause is either that he has flaws to his game or maybe that he really isn't linked to that many elite clubs.

Man Utd paid 40m for Amad Diallo, with at least 25m guaranteed. He made 5 appearances for Atalanta in the two years prior to his purchase.

If Marseille can pay 20m for Gerson, and Man City paid 15m for Kayky, and 6.2m for a youth player (Dario Sarimento), I don't see why they wouldn't be falling over themselves to pay 20m for Alvarez.

Of course, the other factor is that he's running out-of-contract soon. So, why spend so much on a prospect? I also think this shows how limited a market truly is for a player, even when he's in fantastic form, when teams know they can wait-it-out.

The transfer market has been in recession due to covid, with the only league that still spends being the EPL, but even there, the spending has went down.

I think it's clear that River Plate isn't going to get their release clause, even for a player who seems to have tons of quality, because he's young, and his contract is running out, so why pay full price?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is not just about planning ahead.
Our long term moves have been really great.
But we need to improve in our short term moves.
We are within touching distance from the scudetto, which will also repay some of our short term moves.

Inter hasn't had any meaningful slip up yet, by the laws of averages, they should. It would be heartbreaking not to be in a position to capitalize.

It's January 21. We don't have our RW or CF and I don't trust Kalulu yet as a starting CB. Why should these relatively small and fixable issues prevent us from an actual trophy?

Ppl are excited for Adil next year and so am I. But this is a far less sure shot at anything than reinforcing and giving it a good effort right now.
RW and CF are not an issue for us this season no matter how much we feel we need an upgrade. We have Ibra, Giroud and Pellegri, and Messias and Saelemaekers. We will replace Pellegri if he leaves and we might replace Castillejo although I’m not sure about that.

The CF and RW upgrades are a problem for next season. Right now we just need to fix the CB issue. That’s the only priority. It’s not worth it getting a new AM since Adli is on his way, and getting someone on loan seems unnecessary. Brahim will get back to playing better and I thought he did good against Spezia.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is exactly what I thought. Before we came along, he was being linked with MLS teams.

His release clause is actually 20m, I think it grows to 25m in the summer? So it's even worse. Man City throws out 20m like it's nothing, the fact that there is hesitancy to trigger his release clause is either that he has flaws to his game or maybe that he really isn't linked to that many elite clubs.

Man Utd paid 40m for Amad Diallo, with at least 25m guaranteed. He made 5 appearances for Atalanta in the two years prior to his purchase.

If Marseille can pay 20m for Gerson, and Man City paid 15m for Kayky, and 6.2m for a youth player (Dario Sarimento), I don't see why they wouldn't be falling over themselves to pay 20m for Alvarez.

Of course, the other factor is that he's running out-of-contract soon. So, why spend so much on a prospect? I also think this shows how limited a market truly is for a player, even when he's in fantastic form, when teams know they can wait-it-out.

The transfer market has been in recession due to covid, with the only league that still spends being the EPL, but even there, the spending has went down.

I think it's clear that River Plate isn't going to get their release clause, even for a player who seems to have tons of quality, because he's young, and his contract is running out, so why pay full price?
I think you are all misinterpreting what Romano is saying cause English isn't his first language lol. When he's referring to a loan he means City will buy Alvarez for whatever the price is & then loan him out to another club.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score

That's terrible to hear. Hopefully, she is back to her best soon.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RW and CF are not an issue for us this season no matter how much we feel we need an upgrade. We have Ibra, Giroud and Pellegri, and Messias and Saelemaekers. We will replace Pellegri if he leaves and we might replace Castillejo although I’m not sure about that.

The CF and RW upgrades are a problem for next season. Right now we just need to fix the CB issue. That’s the only priority. It’s not worth it getting a new AM since Adli is on his way, and getting someone on loan seems unnecessary. Brahim will get back to playing better and I thought he did good against Spezia.
If Pellegri heads to Torino then CF can quickly become a problem with aging players like Ibra and Giroud. They can pick up an injury at any moment and then you are only down to 1. Unless the plan is to just use Rebic there if need be.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bordeaux's captain is injured and they made Adli captain in his absence. Looks like we got another leader and man of character on our hands.
It’s very clear that we look for those sorts of qualities. Theo, Tomori, Maignan, Tonali… All players with very strong and serious mentality and could easily be captain or team leaders. They’ll start pushing each other to greater heights instead of using each other to slow down (like Ronaldinho did to Pato).

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think you are all misinterpreting what Romano is saying cause English isn't his first language lol. When he's referring to a loan he means City will buy Alvarez for whatever the price is & then loan him out to another club.
Lol, I think you agree with whatever interpretation agrees with your "Milan is wrong" narrative. If Man City wanted to buy him, they would have done it. They spend the same on youth team players.

If Pellegri heads to Torino then CF can quickly become a problem with aging players like Ibra and Giroud. They can pick up an injury at any moment and then you are only down to 1. Unless the plan is to just use Rebic there if need be.
Yes, we've relied so heavily on Pellegri, him going to Torino on loan for 18 months with the coach who believes in him, who has done a great job with Pobega, is such a terrible idea.

Ibra, Giroud, and Rebic are more-than-sufficient for the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule