The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inzaghi positive for Covid... Now watch an outbreak among merda players happening in the 2 weeks with no games :lol: I swear they are even luckier than SAF's United...

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kessié was in the pre Pioli era constantly being criticised for having a low football-IQ.
Leao is lazy and has a bad attitude.

All players are criticised and rightfully so when their performances are below par, but the discourse is different when players of colour are targeted.
true-kramer.gif

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Kessié was in the pre Pioli era constantly being criticised for having a low football-IQ.

All players are criticised and rightfully so when their performances are below par, but the discourse is different when players of colour are targeted.
kessie has slow decision making also not fast enough for ucl if we want to play open football as we play now
before pioli he was used more as b2b and was terrible around attacked box (slow with decisions, strange shots from weird positions)
good player - never world class as many called him here.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
It's been a few games now that Theo looks washed-up and don't frequently make a darting run again. But then I realise that he's got one yellow away from suspension. So I think all this time he just holding back and play carefully to avoid unnecessary yellow.

Good job Theo!!

Now unleash all of your load in the next derby!!
check cbs names in last few games...

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
People who attack Leao for having low stamina don’t understand how different body types and forms of athleticism work.

As was pointed out some guys are just naturally fit, can smoke and drink everyday and then outwork everyone on the pitch or in training. Radja, Vidal, etc… but those players are rarely fast, nor can they ever get much faster. No one gives them shit for that. What’s annoying is that when a player is just naturally fast and can outpace everyone in training or on the pitch, but don’t have high stamina, they’re criticized.

Leao shouldn’t have to run back as much, considering he’s a one-man wrecking crew. Let him do what he’s supposed to do, beat players 1v1 and create numerical advantages.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I know that.
But the hint of it is a bit weird coming from you because usually you are more mature than to over play the race card.
Just dont label people & their motive if the argument is legit.
I am not playing any race card at all
Just because I despise woke shit means I won’t call anything that I think might be actual bias. I don’t even want to use the term “racism” because I think it’s too strong. I don’t think Ronin and co are racists. I don’t know how they think.

But from my perspective the bias is clear and I see these patterns all the time.

I dunno what else Leao has to do to be appreciated by some of his critics….who I think are simply overdoing it. And the only obvious thing I can see is that Leao is black and embraces black culture.

If there was some genuine thing to criticize I would say that he’s too casual for my liking… but he’s been really trying to push the issue…to the point that he gets burnt out….and now ppl are shitting on him for his stamina. Makes no sense.

From an evolutionary perspective we are sort of hardwired to mistrust ppl who don’t look like us. It could be some of that going on…. Then in all honesty there are tons of examples of players deep into black culture who are indeed deserving of the criticism they get (again Balotelli falls into this group)

With that said I think the perspective should be nuanced. It’s gotta be difficult to be a black player in Europe…especially in Italy. Maybe it’s not so bad in our time but just recently they were taunting black players and making monkey noises etc.

And even in this I have tried to be nuanced despite dumbcunts like :mb: trying to paint me as some race baiter…because when Boateng kicked the ball at the crowd taunting him I criticized HIM for being a dumbass. i.e. if ppl are calling you an animal, don’t start acting like one and give them more ammo. However I can’t and won’t deny that the black players are often under an extra layer of pressure and scrutiny that you simply don’t see for the white players.

Be honest, if Pelegri was some Congolese kid, would so many ppl in this forum still be so accommodating of him?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People who attack Leao for having low stamina don’t understand how different body types and forms of athleticism work.

As was pointed out some guys are just naturally fit, can smoke and drink everyday and then outwork everyone on the pitch or in training. Radja, Vidal, etc… but those players are rarely fast, nor can they ever get much faster. No one gives them shit for that. What’s annoying is that when a player is just naturally fast and can outpace everyone in training or on the pitch, but don’t have high stamina, they’re criticized.

Leao shouldn’t have to run back as much, considering he’s a one-man wrecking crew. Let him do what he’s supposed to do, beat players 1v1 and create numerical advantages.
To be fair Leao gets to stay in a SS position a lot during the game, that's also mirrored in the real average position of our players and makes sense with his characteristics. Overall he does really well though.
What maybe is an issue for him is that he is pretty muscular, so his body will eat up more energy, but of course with his acrobatic playing style, pace and to stabilize his height he also needs it.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Is that so?

I mean how exactly? RR has been critisized for low football IQ too. Theo I swear is constantly accused of not being the brightest. Menez has been accused for being lazy. So did Suso. Sharaawy at one point was being made fun of by telling he's some kind of cocaine sniffing druglord. All of them have been crucial to our line-up at a certain point in history (to not step in Chikos trap again, that's why I'm not nominating Castillejo or Borini). None of them is black. How is accusing RR or Theo for low football IQ, Menez or Suso for being lazy, different than accusing Kessie and Leao for the same issues?

I am not mocking you. I'm genuily asking because I don't get it, I really don't, but maybe I am ignorant. I want to try to understand you better to make sure I'm not or, if I am, to make sure I change my opinion on this matter.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
He has actually become a pretty dominating player.
My favorite thing is how he can bully multiple players to win back a ball and transition it directly into an attack, where he ends up participating in all phases. It's so effective.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Renato Sanches: "I talked to my agent, I know which club he is interested in, but for now I can't reveal it. I know I'm ready for matches. If a proposal comes along, I'll see what's best for me." ( @abolapt )

The midfielder 🇵🇹 Milan likes a lot 🔴⚫

- Longo

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
To be fair Leao gets to stay in a SS position a lot during the game, that's also mirrored in the real average position of our players and makes sense with his characteristics. Overall he does really well though.
What maybe is an issue for him is that he is pretty muscular, so his body will eat up more energy, but of course with his acrobatic playing style, pace and to stabilize his height he also needs it.
When you can go from 0-60 in 3 seconds you burn more gas (of KWh if you’re driving an EV) than if you consistently stay under 60 MPH and slowly accelerate.

Leao will need a lot of targeted training to make it possible to play the way he does consistently for 90 minutes.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Is that so?

I mean how exactly? RR has been critisized for low football IQ too. Theo I swear is constantly accused of not being the brightest. Menez has been accused for being lazy. So did Suso. Sharaawy at one point was being made fun of by telling he's some kind of cocaine sniffing druglord. All of them have been crucial to our line-up to a certain point in history (to not step in Chikos trap again, that's why I'm not nominating Castillejo or Borini). None of them is black. How is accusing RR or Theo for low football IQ, Menez or Suso for being lazy, different than accusing Kessie and Leao for the same issues?

I am not mocking you. I'm genuily asking because I don't get it, I really don't, but maybe I am ignorant. I want to try to understand you better to make sure I'm not or, if I am, to make sure I change my opinion on this matter.

My take is, every player who isn't performing faces their critics here, and it's obvious when certain posters do it out of spite and blind dislike/hate. It's not just Leao or players of color. Like you said, any time Theo underperforms, people are saying how stupid he is (myself included in match-threads due to rage-induced Theo antics), or the ever-common Diaz and Saele hate for being shit. It's just that when it's a non-white player, people can pull out a card and say it's targeted. Oh, racism, look at this - Leao being berated on and take personal offence. The few people who said Leao's rap career were affecting him are dumbasses, that's clear, but when it comes to football related criticism, every player in the squad feels the wrath of people in the forum.

Hell, in one of Maignan's first games back he made a blunder or two and people were spewing shit about it and how bad he was. Does that make them racist? Or, what about all the non-white people here saying Giroud is shit and berating him constantly? Are they racist? Where do people draw the line?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Renato Sanches: "I talked to my agent, I know which club he is interested in, but for now I can't reveal it. I know I'm ready for matches. If a proposal comes along, I'll see what's best for me." ( @abolapt )

- Longo
Bennacer, Tonali, Sanches, Pobega for 2 positions is amazing

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But from my perspective the bias is clear and I see these patterns all the time.

[...]

If there was some genuine thing to criticize I would say that he’s too casual for my liking… but he’s been really trying to push the issue…to the point that he gets burnt out….and now ppl are shitting on him for his stamina. Makes no sense.

1st bolded part: Remember when Lukaku threatened to shoot Zlatan in the head and medias were all over Zlatan because he called Lukaku a donkey? Or when Zlatan got booked after reacting to people calling him a gypsy? I think, and this probably includes myself, we always see the patterns we want to see, the patterns who confirm our own POV rather than debunk it.

2nd bolded part: Fair enough. Still puzzled why he doesn't last as long as other well known runners Sam mentioned, but... fair enough.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

- Longo
The sad reality.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Not expecting a striker signing thought, too difficult to pull off.
We just signed an exciting starlet striker. Is it likely that he will do shit this season? No. But imagine if he does, if he scores five goals and is all that.

Not likely but this is the form hope takes for me.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My favorite thing is how he can bully multiple players to win back a ball and transition it directly into an attack, where he ends up participating in all phases. It's so effective.

One thing I really think Leao is extraordinary if not currently the best in the world at is acceleration. Can't think of a player as explosive in the first few meters as him, especially given his bunky physique. He really excells at mildly jogging at you, and then suddenly - boom - passing you with 120 km/h.

Theo is good at that too, but he rather starts from more behind, picks up speed until he's unstopable while Leao just switches the turbomode within 1m. It's incredible.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
We just signed an exciting starlet striker. Is it likely that he will do shit this season? No. But imagine if he does, if he scores five goals and is all that.

Not likely but this is the form hope takes for me.
Please just stop

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
1st bolded part: Remember when Lukaku threatened to shoot Zlatan in the head and medias were all over Zlatan because he called Lukaku a donkey? Or when Zlatan got booked after reacting to people calling him a gypsy? I think, and this probably includes myself, we always see the patterns we want to see, the patterns who confirm our own POV rather than debunk it.

2nd bolded part: Fair enough. Still puzzled why he doesn't last as long as other well known runners Sam mentioned, but... fair enough.
I hope you remember I was basically driving the "fuck Lukaku" bus and was calling him the worse names that included voodoo donkey. But even still you gotta respect that Lukaku himself said that iBra isn't racist.

On the whole "Zlatan being a gypsy" thing...I never weighed in. I think that the racist chants should be ignored and if possible mocked.
My favourite reaction to racist chants is Alves picking up the banana and eating it :D
Getting mad at idiots only gives them fuel (it works in the forum too...you just gotta learn to let the donkeys bray)

Maybe there is some fault in my analysis and me seeing things that I believe. So I'll look out for it. But I maintain, if Leao looked like Matri, he'd be much more well loved in this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule